• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
New ability!

First rate
"Changes damaging Type to match opponents weaker defense"

-This one might be a bit confusing so I'll explain it. If the Target is about to be hit with a Physical move by a Pokemon with First rate as its ability and the target has better Defense than Sp.Defense, First rate will change the the damaging move to a Special Type. The same applies if the target has better Sp.Defense than Defense and you are using a special move, the move will change Type to a Physical move.
Changing the type of your moves so it's always at least effective? Sounds game-breaking unless whatever had it had poor stats and/or a weak move-pool.

New Move: Guard Shield

Type:
PsychicIC_Big.png
/ Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 5 / Target: All / Category:
other.png
/ Priority: 0
"A powerful shield is put up to stop the use of physical moves for 3 turns "

-This applies to all Pokemon including your own

New Move: Ward

Type:
PsychicIC_Big.png
other.png
"A powerful luminous light is put up to stop the use of Special moves for 3 turns"

Reminds me of the Hammerman and Jumpman badges in Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door. It worked well there but on this playing field...it would be the new Politoed and Ninetales, too much change, entire teams based around the strategy. I can see teams of defensive shufflers, Wobbufett, and Dugtrio dominating the field with it.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Reminds me of the Hammerman and Jumpman badges in Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door. It worked well there but on this playing field...it would be the new Politoed and Ninetales, too much change, entire teams based around the strategy. I can see teams of defensive shufflers, Wobbufett, and Dugtrio dominating the field with it.

Yeah these moves would be annoying too. It would cause an all out stall war lol

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Yeah these moves would be annoying too. It would cause an all out stall war lol
Scratch my previous examples. Something with both moves, Espeon, Xatu, a Rapid Spin user, Ninetales or Politoed, and Shedinja.

Long story short, it would be the new Double Team. Speaking of which, while watching recent Let's Plays (Brain Scratch Commentary's Leaf Green run in particular) I wondered what value the evasion increase should be to make it viable but balanced.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Yeah :)

New Move: Guard Shield

Type:
PsychicIC_Big.png
other.png
"A powerful shield is put up to stop the use of physical moves for 3 turns "

New Move: Ward

Type:
PsychicIC_Big.png
other.png
"A powerful luminous light is put up to stop the use of Special moves for 3 turns"

Edit: Now that I think about it these moves can be pretty broken, especially when used together :/

Yeah, they're pretty broken. Even if only one of them can be active on the field at a time, it's still very, very powerful.

Even making it so that they stop physical moves or stop special moves (to be more specific, moves that are normally based on Attack or Sp. Atk, respectively) for one turn is pretty broken, since it would most likely force a sweeper to switch out, and the user of Guard Shield and Ward could use that switch to their advantage.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Yeah, they're pretty broken. Even if only one of them can be active on the field at a time, it's still very, very powerful.

Even making it so that they stop physical moves or stop special moves (to be more specific, moves that are normally based on Attack or Sp. Atk, respectively) for one turn is pretty broken, since it would most likely force a sweeper to switch out, and the user of Guard Shield and Ward could use that switch to their advantage.

Anything you suggest to make them less broken, or is there no hope?lol

New Move: Quibble

Type:
NormalIC_Big.png
/ Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 20 / Target: Self / Category:
other.png
/ Priority: +3
"The user temporarily stops the effects of Burn and Poison"

- Just to clarify it temporarily stops them, it does not get rid of them. If it is used while you are badly poisoned the poison is reset.

Example:
Turn 1: Crobat used Toxic, Girafarig has been badly poisoned, Girafarig used Stomp,Girafarig Takes poison damage, Turn End.
Turn 2: Girafarig used Quibble, Crobat used Aerial Ace, Girafarig takes no Poison damage this turn because of Quibble, Turn End.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Le random attacks: with JP name for maximum randomness

Ominous Ray (JP-Evil Light 悪の光 Dark)
PP: 15/Power: 90/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Priority: 0
The user shoots out an ominous ray of bright light, and maybe confuse the foe at a slight chance. (10%)

Light Bolt (JP-Light Bolt 光ボルト Electric)
PP: 15/Power: 80/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Priority: 0
The user summons a blinding bolt on the foe, with a chance to paralyze the foe. (20%)

Le JP name for the lulz

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Anything you suggest to make them less broken, or is there no hope?lol

Personally, I don't like moves that literally can make the foe useless, which is why I was so strongly against Halt.

New Move: Quibble

Type:
NormalIC_Big.png
/ Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 20 / Target: Self / Category:
other.png
/ Priority: +3
"The user temporarily stops the effects of Burn and Poison"

- Just to clarify it temporarily stops them, it does not get rid of them. If it is used while you are badly poisoned the poison is reset.

Example:
Turn 1: Crobat used Toxic, Girafarig has been badly poisoned, Girafarig used Stomp,Girafarig Takes poison damage, Turn End.
Turn 2: Girafarig used Quibble, Crobat used Aerial Ace, Girafarig takes no Poison damage this turn because of Quibble, Turn End.

So after four turns of taking toxic poison damage (10/16 HP gone), and the Pokémon uses Quibble, the toxic poison damage is reset to 1/16?

It seems alright, but I don't really see this move as being very viable with the exception of resetting toxic poison. :/

The user shoots out an ominous ray of bright light, and maybe confuse the foe at a slight chance. (10%)

The user summons a blinding bolt on the foe, with a chance to paralyze the foe. (20%)

Both of these seem alright. The base power and accuracy balance nicely with the secondary effects.
One note on the Japanese names: the names are never written in kanji. So, 悪の光 would become わるのひかり and 光ボルト would become ひかりボルト.

And since I haven't posted anything in awhile:
New Move: Dark Link
Type: Dark / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 5 / Target: Self / Category: Status / Priority: 0
"The user faints, transferring its power to the Pokémon taking its place and increasing its stats."
- It's basically a Healing Wish but for stats. Instead of the recipient having its HP restored to full, the recipient's Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed are all increased by two stages.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Personally, I don't like moves that literally can make the foe useless, which is why I was so strongly against Halt.

Keep in mind thought that it does make the users side useless as well as they cannot use those moves either but I get what you're saying.

So after four turns of taking toxic poison damage (10/16 HP gone), and the Pokémon uses Quibble, the toxic poison damage is reset to 1/16?

Yes.

It seems alright, but I don't really see this move as being very viable with the exception of resetting toxic poison. :/

eh, I figured as much but I just post what i think up. To be honest it seems like a waste of a move slot lol

Type: Dark / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 5 / Target: Self / Category: Status / Priority: 0
"The user faints, transferring its power to the Pokémon taking its place and increasing its stats."
- It's basically a Healing Wish but for stats. Instead of the recipient having its HP restored to full, the recipient's Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed are all increased by two stages.

Wait, didn't OceanicLanturn make a move similar to this? I think their move halved the HP though.

I think the name "Contract" fits better but it's your move.

Le JP name for the lulz

I think Ominous Ray should have higher Confusion chance , but that's just me

As for Light bolt, it's like a worse Discharge lol

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Keep in mind thought that it does make the users side useless as well as they cannot use those moves either but I get what you're saying.

Yeah. So if a special sweeper with high Defense was against a physical sweeper, and the special sweeper used Guard Shield, it could keep sweeping on the turn that the foe is forced to switch out.

Wait, didn't OceanicLanturn make a move similar to this? I think their move halved the HP though.

Maybe. But keep in mind, "fainting the user to let the recipient get a net +6 stat boost" is not equal to "halving the user's HP to let the recipient to get a net +3 stat boost". Fainting renders the Pokémon entirely useless, meaning that the drawback of fainting should be made up by a higher stat boost; halving the Pokémon's HP means that it's still usable later in battle.

I think the name "Contract" fits better but it's your move.

When I think of "Contract", I think of the contraction of diseases and such. :/

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
When I think of "Contract", I think of the contraction of diseases and such. :/

lol. By contract I meant Contract in the "A written or spoken agreement" sense. Like a dark contract of giving your life to power up your fellow Pokemon; which is what your move does. But you don't have to change it just giving my 2 cents is all.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
lol. By contract I meant Contract in the "A written or spoken agreement" sense. Like a dark contract of giving your life to power up your fellow Pokemon; which is what your move does. But you don't have to change it just giving my 2 cents is all.

The name doesn't really tell the player whether it's a noun or a verb.

But yeah, what do you think of the move?

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
The name doesn't really tell the player whether it's a noun or a verb.

But yeah, what do you think of the move?

I like it but to be honest I think if you're gonna sacrifice a Pokemon it should be a at least +3 boost in the respective stats. At least this move has a viable reason to faint unlike memento, I mean really how useful would memento really be, the opponent can just switch >_>

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I like it but to be honest I think if you're gonna sacrifice a Pokemon it should be a at least +3 boost in the respective stats. At least this move has a viable reason to faint unlike memento, I mean really how useful would memento really be, the opponent can just switch >_>

I initially made it so that it would make the recipient got +2 in each of the main five stats, but +3 in Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed works too, I guess.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
It's rare that people remember what other people making in. This thread xD. I still remembered the huge rage @ eclipse xD

Forewarn/Anticipation: Detects the foe's strongest move/super effective move and disable it for the first three turns.

And I think Light Bolt has higher B.P than Discharge so yeah, it's not that good though, since TBolt > Light Bolt.

And since more creativity, gonna do a massive buff up to the weakest FE dragon in the entire Pokemon world...

Guess

ALTARIA! Its in NU, which other Middle stage dragons are found so... :/

Anyways:
2nd DW Ability
Purify Song: Boosts sound-based move by 33% in damage.

New Attacks/Buffs:
Dragon Call (Dragon) JP: Dragon Voice ドラゴンボイス
The user lets out a beautiful call of the dragons, and has a 30% chance to confuse.
- Distribution: Dragonite, Altaria, Lati@s, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyuerum

Cotton Spin (Normal) JP: Cotton Spin コットンスピン
PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status/Priority: 0
The user spins around its cotton that smashes into the foe, drastically lowering attack by three stages.
- Distribution: Mareep, Flaffy, Swablu, Altaria
- Cotton Guard + Cotton Spin = Cotton Family = Ultimate Tank against Scizor

Done herp

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Black 2, so many parasol ladies, so many Castform...

...an evolution with 100 across the board, access to recovery and stat boosting moves, and an added sandstorm form would be nice...

So it's basically Shell Smash + Baton Pass in one move. Losing the Pokemon is meaningless when you can give anything +2 offenses in one turn. That's incredibly broken.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
New Ability: Flash

Effect: All direct damaging moves gain +1 in priority but lose 20% base power

Who gets it: Slower Pokemon like Emboar, Conk, etc

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
sounds a little bit broken.

priority on all attacks is game breaking.

emboar's flare blitz still has 126 power after stab, leaving it the most powerful priority move in the game. same goes for his superpower, with head smash having 120 power.

now, if we added life orb, emboar would become almost unstoppable.

i'll add some cb calcs later.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I actually posted because I wasn't sure how much the damage would need to e brought down, so would something like 30% be better?

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
It's rare that people remember what other people making in. This thread xD. I still remembered the huge rage @ eclipse xD

Gonna do a massive buff up to the weakest FE dragon in the entire Pokemon world...

ALTARIA! Its in NU, which other Middle stage dragons are found so... :/

Anyways:
2nd DW Ability
Purify Song: Boosts sound-based move by 33% in damage.

New Attacks/Buffs:
Dragon Call (Dragon) JP: Dragon Voice ドラゴンボイス
The user lets out a beautiful call of the dragons, and has a 30% chance to confuse.
- Distribution: Dragonite, Altaria, Lati@s, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyuerum

Cotton Spin (Normal) JP: Cotton Spin コットンスピン
PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status/Priority: 0
The user spins around its cotton that smashes into the foe, drastically lowering attack by three stages.
- Distribution: Mareep, Flaffy, Swablu, Altaria
- Cotton Guard + Cotton Spin = Cotton Family = Ultimate Tank against Scizor

Purify Song - Seems alright. It doesn't affect sound-based moves that don't deal damage, like Supersonic. If a Pokémon with Bug Buzz gets Purify Song, it'd be pretty powerful.
Dragon Call - A Dragon-type, confusing Scald. Solid move.
Cotton Spin - Given that Cotton Spin has the same distribution as Cotton Guard, I'd say that the magnitude of the Attack drop is fine.

So it's basically Shell Smash + Baton Pass in one move. Losing the Pokemon is meaningless when you can give anything +2 offenses in one turn. That's incredibly broken.

Two Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed boosts + Baton Pass in one move, without making the user faint, would be broken. A net +6 stat increase without a switch to a Pokémon that could abuse those stat boosts is already extremely broken. Being able to switch would make that even more broken.

The reason why Memento doesn't see much play at all is because the affected foe can just switch. I get that a Dark Linked Pokémon is much harder to get rid of, since they can't just be eliminated by the opponent switching out or anything; the foe would have to use Roar (but survive the Dark Linked Pokémon's attack, first). If Speed weren't increased, then at least the foe would still be able to faint the Dark Linked Pokémon before it goes on its tirade.

Saying that increasing offensive stats by two stages each being broken is totally fine, but to say that losing the user is meaningless isn't quite accurate. If it were meaningless, then having the user faint for some effect wouldn't be a penalty for moves like Healing Wish or Memento in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.