• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
But dropping a random one, well, seems more viable than remembering the order. And the random one could actually be more beneficial than a selected one, making it a more unpredictable target. Either that, or it shows.

If a player uses the ability of a Pokémon with Ignorant to his or her advantage, they can plan out that Pokémon's moveset with Ignorant's consistency in mind. If it were random, then the player wouldn't really be able to take advantage of the ability to determine the Pokémon's moves, since if it caters to one type being removed, it wouldn't cater to the other type being removed.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
3 new moves and an ability!!!!

New Move: Deamcast

Type:
PsychicIC_Big.png
/ Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 15 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category:
other.png
/ Priority: 0
"A sleeping target sees a wonderful dream that restores HP every turn."

-This Move is basically the opposite of Nightmare so it instead will restore the sleeping Pokemon's HP by one quarter of its maximum HP

New Move: Parch

Type:
FireIC_Big.png
/ Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 20 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category:
other.png
"The user removes all trace of water from the foe. It harshly lowers the target's Attack, Sp. Atk., Defense, Sp.Def and Speed. however it only affects Water types."

-This move only affects water Type Pokemon so I was thinking a Parch + Soak combination = Force your opponent to switch. Also to note that while the sun is up Parch will instead drastically lower the stats.

New Move: Enchantment

Type:
NormalIC_Big.png
/ Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category:
other.png
"The user surrounds itself with a magical force that guarantees the added effect of the next move "

-If used and the move misses then the user would have to use Enchantment again

Example:
Turn 1: Blissey used Enchantment, Mawile used Bite, Turn End.
Turn 2: Blissey used Ice Beam, It hit so Mawile became Frozen, Mawile is Frozen solid, Turn End.

Elemental
"Is treated as a Fire, Water, Grass Type while attacking"

-So a Pokemon with this ability will get STAB for Fire, Water and Grass regardless of their type but they will not be treated as a Triple Type Pokemon. Meaning that if they are say a Rock/Ground Type and they get hit by a water move It will still do 4x super effective damage. Also the STAB Doesn't stack, so if they are already one of those Types they won't get an additional STAB.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?

Type:
PsychicIC_Big.png
/ Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 15 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category:
other.png

-This Move is basically the opposite of Nightmare so it instead will restore the sleeping Pokemon's HP by one quarter of its maximum HP

Type:
FireIC_Big.png
/ Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 20 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category:
other.png
"The user removes all trace of water from the foe. It harshly lowers the target's Attack, Sp. Atk., Defense, Sp.Def and Speed. however it only affects Water types."

-This move only affects water Type Pokemon so I was thinking a Parch + Soak combination = Force your opponent to switch. Also to note that while the sun is up Parch will instead drastically lower the stats.

Type:
NormalIC_Big.png
other.png
"The user surrounds itself with a magical force that guarantees the added effect of the next move "

Example:
Turn 2: Blissey used Ice Beam, It hit so Mawile became Frozen, Mawile is Frozen solid, Turn End.

Elemental

-So a Pokemon with this ability will get STAB for Fire, Water and Grass regardless of their type but they will not be treated as a Triple Type Pokemon. Meaning that if they are say a Rock/Ground Type and they get hit by a water move It will still do 4x super effective damage. Also the STAB Doesn't stack, so if they are already one of those Types they won't get an additional STAB.

elemental. broken. the ability to count as multiple types for bypassing resistances is just too broken.

dreamcast. seems like some more double/triple battle s**t. play singles like a true battler.

enchantment. way way waaaaay too broken. imagine relic song or any ice type move. blazzard, for example. great power, and always freezes. get my point?

parch. a little too much, even with its restrictments. and it doesnt make a rat's a** of sense for a poke to learn both parch and soak.

EDIT: re-read elemental. not as broken, but stab on three types plus what their types already are for stab is broken. and if it is elemental, it should be fire/water/ice/electric/flying/ground, not fire/water/grass. grass doesnt make any sense.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
elemental. broken. the ability to count as multiple types for bypassing resistances is just too broken.

Um most Pokemon can use moves of different types anyway so the only difference is those with Elemental would just get additional STAB on those moves

enchantment. way way waaaaay too broken. imagine relic song or any ice type move. blazzard, for example. great power, and always freezes. get my point?

True, but remember the move has to actually hit and the move must be used in succession or enchantments effect wont work and they would have to use it again to get it's effect

EDIT: re-read elemental. not as broken, but stab on three types plus what their types already are for stab is broken. and if it is elemental, it should be fire/water/ice/electric/flying/ground, not fire/water/grass. grass doesnt make any sense.

By elemental I was thinking in the sense of Pokemon with Grass, Fire and Water being the basic Types.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
doesnt matter if its ice beam. 100 percent accurate, 10 percent freeze chance, and freeze clause isn't even standard anymore. pair that with the defrost chance, and you have uber broken move.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner

Type:
PsychicIC_Big.png
other.png

Type:
FireIC_Big.png
other.png

Type:
NormalIC_Big.png
other.png

Example:

Elemental

Dreamcast - Aside from the name conflict between a console and a Pokémon move, I'd say this is alright. It only lasts while the afflicted Pokémon is asleep anyway, and I'd imagine that its BTA would be executed either right before Nightmare or right after it.

Parch - Yes, Water-type Pokémon can be powerful, but no type should be the victim of so much enmity. It doesn't matter if the move requires the target to be Water-type; a -10 net stat change is way too much. Making it -15 in the sun makes the move even worse. On another note, Memento is very, very rarely used anyway, and it only gives a -4 net stat change; merely requiring the foe to be Water-type is insult to injury for Memento.

Enchantment - Very broken as well. There's a reason why the freeze chance of Ice-type moves is so low. If it were only usable once, it'd be much less broken.

Elemental - It's pretty unfair for a Pokémon with Elemental to potentially have STAB with five types. What the ability grants is much less broken as Enchantment or Parch, but it doesn't flavorfully match well with any Pokémon.

I haven't posted anything in awhile, so:

New Ability: Inhibitor
"Damages the opponent whenever it is healed."
- If the foe's Starmie uses Recover and it recovers at least 1 HP, Inhibitor will activate afterward, damaging the Starmie for 12.5% of its maximum HP. Yes, it triggers after every source of healing, including Leftovers, Shell Bell, Absorb, Aqua Ring, and Dry Skin for HP recovery; or Heal Bell, Hydration, or a Chesto Berry for status ailments.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Parch - Yes, Water-type Pokémon can be powerful, but no type should be the victim of so much enmity. It doesn't matter if the move requires the target to be Water-type; a -10 net stat change is way too much. Making it -15 in the sun makes the move even worse. On another note, Memento is very, very rarely used anyway, and it only gives a -4 net stat change; merely requiring the foe to be Water-type is insult to injury for Memento.

Any suggestions to make it less broken? Perhaps a net -5 rather than -10?

Enchantment - Very broken as well. There's a reason why the freeze chance of Ice-type moves is so low. If it were only usable once, it'd be much less broken.

Can you explain what you mean by once? Do you mean you can use it once per battle? or once per Turn?

Elemental - It's pretty unfair for a Pokémon with Elemental to potentially have STAB with five types. What the ability grants is much less broken as Enchantment or Parch, but it doesn't flavorfully match well with any Pokémon.

meh. I was thinking more in the sense of a Pokemon that already has 2 of the Types it boosts like a Fire/Grass Type or a Water/Fire Type so they only get stab for 3 Types. I know, I know, you're gonna say that since no such Pokemon types exists yet we cant make assumptions like that, right? :p

I haven't posted anything in awhile, so:

New Ability: Inhibitor
"Damages the opponent whenever it is healed."
- If the foe's Starmie uses Recover and it recovers at least 1 HP, Inhibitor will activate afterward, damaging the Starmie for 12.5% of its maximum HP. Yes, it triggers after every source of healing, including Leftovers, Shell Bell, Absorb, Aqua Ring, and Dry Skin for HP recovery; or Heal Bell, Hydration, or a Chesto Berry for status ailments.

You know its funny cause yesterday I had thought of an ability that does exactly this yesterday just couldn't think of a name :/

Wait so it damages the Pokemon if they activate a Chesto berry? Do you mean Sitrus berry? Also what about black sludge on a non-Poison type Pokemon? or Poison Barb does it increase their health instead?

But yeah I like it. the opponent would think twice about recovering their health now.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Any suggestions to make it less broken? Perhaps a net -5 rather than -10?

I would definitely change it to -5 to make the move less broken. But in general, a move shouldn't be made specifically to "hate on" another type. -5 is already extremely powerful, more powerful than a move that causes the user to faint (Memento), which is saying something.

In other words, Parch is still way too powerful even at only -5.

Can you explain what you mean by once? Do you mean you can use it once per battle? or once per Turn?

Once per battle. If the chance is guaranteed, then it should be once per battle (at the most, once per switch-in). Here's a related item that I made:

New Item: Magic Ribbon
"A soft, sparkling blue ribbon. It increases the chance of the secondary effect of a move."
- Basically Serene Grace on an item.

meh. I was thinking more in the sense of a Pokemon that already has 2 of the Types it boosts like a Fire/Grass Type or a Water/Fire Type so they only get stab for 3 Types. I know, I know, you're gonna say that since no such Pokemon types exists yet we cant make assumptions like that, right? :p

This isn't the "Grass is possibly the worst starter type" thread, and since we're making custom battle mechanics of our own, it's perfectly fine to bring in Water/Fire Pokémon into the discussion.

As far as a Water/Fire Pokémon goes, giving it STAB on Grass-type moves wouldn't really make sense, which is why I say that it doesn't flavorfully match with any Pokémon.

You know its funny cause yesterday I had thought of an ability that does exactly this yesterday just couldn't think of a name :/

Wait so it damages the Pokemon if they activate a Chesto berry? Do you mean Sitrus berry? Also what about black sludge on a non-Poison type Pokemon? or Poison Barb does it increase their health instead?

But yeah I like it. the opponent would think twice about recovering their health now.

Yes, it triggers upon a status ailment being healed (aside from natural defrosting, waking up, and confusion snap-outs) and HP being restored.

If a Pokémon with Liquid Ooze is hit with Absorb, the Absorber wouldn't take damage from Inhibitor since it didn't actually restore HP. Similarly, if a non-Poison-type is holding Black Sludge and is hurt from it between turns, then it wouldn't get hurt from Inhibitor because it didn't actually heal. Also, it would trigger every time a Poison Heal Gliscor heals off of its held Toxic Orb.

But yes, it triggers off of Leftovers, Sitrus Berries, Chesto Berries, and such.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Whats wrong with the way rain is now?

It's too annoying and common,so many rain abusers as well

Here's an ideal nerf:

New weather inducing abilities effects: all work only for five turns then it becomes clear skies after that!

Simple, just stall for five turns.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
It's too annoying and common,so many rain abusers as well

Here's an ideal nerf:

New weather inducing abilities effects: all work only for five turns then it becomes clear skies after that!

Simple, just stall for five turns.

When I first played Ruby and Sapphire, I thought that they did only last for five turns.

I can only imagine how much the metagame would change if such a nerf were to be implemented.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Parch is wayyy too op. Me no likez how we hatez on water :<

New Abilities:
Spirit Burden
"All stats change inflicted by the user will stay on the foe, even when it switches out"
MissingNo has Spirit Burden while Salamence is our dummy
Turn 0: MissingNo is sent out, Salamence is sent out
Turn 1: MissingNo uses Memento, Salamence gets a -2 attack and special attack decrease, MissingNo fainted
Turn 2.0: Mamoswine is sent out.
Turn 2: Salamence is switched out, and comes in with a Breloom, Mamoswine uses Ice Shard, OHKOs the Breloom (no calcs of course, just demo)
Turn 3.0: Salamence is switched in, MissingNo's Spirit Burden forces Salamence to carry the decrease!

Spirit Surge
"Psychic moves do 10% extra damage and can hit dark types for the first three turns"
Turn 0: MissingNo with Spirit Surge is sent out, Tyranitar is sent out.
Turn 1: MissingNo uses Psychic, MissingNo's Spirit Surge allows it to hit dark types, it hit 110 damage, Tyranitar uses Dragon Dance.
Turn 2: Tyranitar uses protect, MissingNo uses Psychic, Tyranitar's protect blocked Psyhcic
Turn 3: MissingNo uses Psychic, MissingNo's Spirit Surge allows it to hit dark types, it hit 110 damage, Tyranitar uses Dragon Dance
Turn 4: MissingNo uses Psychic, but it had no effect, Tyranitar uses Crunch

Slow Striker
"Boosts attack, but lowers speed."
- Basically like a Hustle, except lowers speed xD

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
slow striker is broken. the reason hustle is balenced is because of the acc drop. with yours, you're just asking for trick room.

EDIT: and so is spirit burden. the reason stat drops aren't used is because your foe can just switch out. by elimanating that, you can perma cripple your foe past the point of recovery.

Zachmac

I thought of a decent change to freeze.

Special attack is split in half, and the pokemon only has a 25% chance to be "too cold to move" each round. It wouldn't ever vanish on it's own, though, but now freeze hax wouldn't be much worse then burn or paralyze hax.

And on that note, a freezing move should be added with this change as well.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
thats stupid. the current freeze is better.

i get how it would be balenced more efficeintly, but thats not really what i think of when i think of freezing. and then we'd have to worry about our special attackers being frozen (like we dont already).

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Once per battle. If the chance is guaranteed, then it should be once per battle (at the most, once per switch-in).

What if I made it so it increases the chance of added effects(like a move version of Serene Grace) by 10% but it can only be used once per switch in like Focus energy? But since the Percentage is low it stacks with Serene Grace.

Here's a related item that I made:

New Item: Magic Ribbon
"A soft, sparkling blue ribbon. It increases the chance of the secondary effect of a move."
- Basically Serene Grace on an item.

Does it stack with Serene Grace? Also, how much does it increase? or does it just double it like Serene Grace

New Abilities:
Spirit Burden
"All stats change inflicted by the user will stay on the foe, even when it switches out"
MissingNo has Spirit Burden while Salamence is our dummy
Turn 0: MissingNo is sent out, Salamence is sent out
Turn 1: MissingNo uses Memento, Salamence gets a -2 attack and special attack decrease, MissingNo fainted
Turn 2.0: Mamoswine is sent out.
Turn 2: Salamence is switched out, and comes in with a Breloom, Mamoswine uses Ice Shard, OHKOs the Breloom (no calcs of course, just demo)
Turn 3.0: Salamence is switched in, MissingNo's Spirit Burden forces Salamence to carry the decrease!

yeah this one is broken, kinda unfair that stat drops remain even after the Pokemon has switched out

Spirit Surge
"Psychic moves do 10% extra damage and can hit dark types for the first three turns"
Turn 0: MissingNo with Spirit Surge is sent out, Tyranitar is sent out.
Turn 1: MissingNo uses Psychic, MissingNo's Spirit Surge allows it to hit dark types, it hit 110 damage, Tyranitar uses Dragon Dance.
Turn 2: Tyranitar uses protect, MissingNo uses Psychic, Tyranitar's protect blocked Psyhcic
Turn 3: MissingNo uses Psychic, MissingNo's Spirit Surge allows it to hit dark types, it hit 110 damage, Tyranitar uses Dragon Dance
Turn 4: MissingNo uses Psychic, but it had no effect, Tyranitar uses Crunch

Maybe remove psychic moves doing the extra 10% damage? or the ability to hit dark types? I personally don't think it should have both. but i still like them maybe as separate abilities though

Slow Striker
"Boosts attack, but lowers speed."
- Basically like a Hustle, except lowers speed xD

seems alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.