• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglehawk

Banned
New Move: Electro Drop

Type: Elec / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: All / Category: Physical / Priority: 0
"A powerful beat is created. Eliminates all stat changes on affected Pokemon"

Eaglehawk

Banned

Type: Elec / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: All / Category: Physical / Priority: 0

Ability: Frictionless- Not affected by Speed drops

Ability: Momentum- 20% chance of breaking through Protect, Detect, Wide Guard, or Fast Guard.

Zachmac

thats stupid. the current freeze is better.

i get how it would be balenced more efficeintly, but thats not really what i think of when i think of freezing. and then we'd have to worry about our special attackers being frozen (like we dont already).
Are you kidding? Freezing has to be the most broken status effect out there.

Sure, it may not be exactly what you think of, but I don't think of a 25% chance when I here paralysis either. And as for special attackers....we already have burn crippling physical attackers. Why does it hurt to have a version for special attackers?

ERASER

Type: Dragon
Power: 1
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 5 (Max 8)
Priority: 0
Damage: Special
Target: Single non-user

Description:
Reduces user & target's HP to 1 and has a 75% chance to Paralyze target. Does not effect Steel-types. Fails if user is above 50% of it's max HP. This is counted as a damage-dealing attack, and hence cannot be blocked by Taunt. This move cannot be blocked by Substitute and bypasses Protect. Regardless whether the move hits or not, the user's Attack and Special Attack are lowered two stages.

ERASER

Description:
Reduces user & target's HP to 1 and has a 75% chance to Paralyze target. Does not effect Steel-types. Fails if user is above 50% of it's max HP. This is counted as a damage-dealing attack, and hence cannot be blocked by Taunt. This move cannot be blocked by Substitute and bypasses Protect. Regardless whether the move hits or not, the user's Attack and Special Attack are lowered two stages.
This just screams broken to me. Plus I see no way this could ever be made competitive no matter what restrictions it had.

Zachmac

ERASER

Description:
Interesting idea.....it would work well with SR, but most Dragons you'll be seeing in OU are so offensive they'll easily take out a pokemon below 50% of it's health, so besides them, what other pokemon would get this move?

Edit: Oh, the user, not the opponent. Okay, but I still don't think it's that great for offensive pokemon.
This just screams broken to me. Plus I see no way this could ever be made competitive no matter what restrictions it had.
No, it's not really broken. The pokemon has to be half of the way down before this can even work anyway. And besides that, the user is crippled by it as well.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
When I first played Ruby and Sapphire, I thought that they did only last for five turns.

I can only imagine how much the metagame would change if such a nerf were to be implemented.

It would be hilarious to the toad (and Kyogre I guess), just use something that counters Politoed and stall it for the turns, and I forgot if it switches out, Drizzle is useless. Yay for meta game without that rain.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Parch is wayyy too op. Me no likez how we hatez on water :<

New Abilities:
Spirit Burden
"All stats change inflicted by the user will stay on the foe, even when it switches out"
MissingNo has Spirit Burden while Salamence is our dummy
Turn 0: MissingNo is sent out, Salamence is sent out
Turn 1: MissingNo uses Memento, Salamence gets a -2 attack and special attack decrease, MissingNo fainted
Turn 2.0: Mamoswine is sent out.
Turn 2: Salamence is switched out, and comes in with a Breloom, Mamoswine uses Ice Shard, OHKOs the Breloom (no calcs of course, just demo)
Turn 3.0: Salamence is switched in, MissingNo's Spirit Burden forces Salamence to carry the decrease!

Spirit Surge
"Psychic moves do 10% extra damage and can hit dark types for the first three turns"
Turn 0: MissingNo with Spirit Surge is sent out, Tyranitar is sent out.
Turn 1: MissingNo uses Psychic, MissingNo's Spirit Surge allows it to hit dark types, it hit 110 damage, Tyranitar uses Dragon Dance.
Turn 2: Tyranitar uses protect, MissingNo uses Psychic, Tyranitar's protect blocked Psyhcic
Turn 3: MissingNo uses Psychic, MissingNo's Spirit Surge allows it to hit dark types, it hit 110 damage, Tyranitar uses Dragon Dance
Turn 4: MissingNo uses Psychic, but it had no effect, Tyranitar uses Crunch

Slow Striker
"Boosts attack, but lowers speed."
- Basically like a Hustle, except lowers speed xD

Spirit Burden - Before saying whether or not the ability is broken, I'd like to point out that this ability doesn't work. The game doesn't keep track of whether or not stat changes are inflicted by any Pokémon (moves like Stockpile and Charge don't count, as the game does keep track of whether or not the user has used those moves). When a foe switches out, the game has no way of knowing what stat changes were inflicted by what Pokémon.
As for brokenness, yeah, it's pretty broken. There's a reason why stat changes subside after a Pokémon is switched out, and this would defeat the purpose of switching out 90% of the time.

Spirit Surge - This is also pretty broken, though not quite as broken as Spirit Burden. What effectiveness would Psychic-type moves have on a Dark-type Pokémon, 1x, 0.5x, or what?

Slow Striker - Seems fine. How much of a Speed penalty does it give?

What if I made it so it increases the chance of added effects(like a move version of Serene Grace) by 10% but it can only be used once per switch in like Focus energy? But since the Percentage is low it stacks with Serene Grace.

I guess that'd work, since nobody's really complaining about King's Rock being broken or anything.

Does it stack with Serene Grace? Also, how much does it increase? or does it just double it like Serene Grace

Magic Ribbon doesn't stack with Serene Grace, but has the exact same effect as it. So it doubles the chance of secondary effects.

Is this meant to be an Electric-type Haze?

And that physical damage category seems weird. If a Jolteon used this with five Ferrothorn on the field, would it get damaged by each of them since Electro Drop is a physical status move? If not, it should be status, since the move doesn't do damage based on either offensive stat.

Ability: Frictionless- Not affected by Speed drops

Ability: Momentum- 20% chance of breaking through Protect, Detect, Wide Guard, or Fast Guard.

Frictionless - Seems alright.

Momentum - I feel iffy about this ability, but then again, Thunder's viability in rain isn't really its 30% chance to circumvent Protect.

ERASER

Description:

Several issues with this move:
1) I see that it can hit non-adjacent Pokémon in Triple Battles. Is this intended?
2) Why can't it hit Steel-type Pokémon? It's Dragon-type, not Poison-type, so it doesn't really make sense. If the intention is that an eraser doesn't affect metal, then the move shouldn't be Dragon-type in the first place.
3) If it's not blocked by Substitute, does the Substitute take the damage, or does the move pretend like the Substitute doesn't exist (and therefore doesn't make the substitute break)?
4) The user needing to have 50% or less of its HP actually makes the move more broken than if the user needs to have 100% of its HP. This is because a -4 stat change and a 49% HP drop is less of a penalty than a -4 stat change and a 99% HP drop.

Zachmac

Ability: Regrowth
Effect: If hit by a cutting attack, the pokemon will restore 40% of it's health. However, the pokemon is also given a weakness to fire.
Distribution: Tengela, Tengrowth, Slowpoke/King/Bro, Deoxys, Starmie.

Pokemon: Hydritile
Type: Dragon/Poison
HP: 125
Att: 110
Def: 85
Sp.att: 60
Sp.def: 85
Speed: 20
Abilities: Regrowth

Viable Moves: Dragon Claw, Outrage, Earthquake, Flare Blitz, Dragon Dance, Crunch, Dragon Tail, Recover.

Just because I want a pokemon inspired by the Greek version of the hydra. That's also why I made the ability.

It's probably already been aid, but also give Shuckle Poison Heal. It would simply love that ability.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Ability: Regrowth
Effect: If hit by a cutting attack, the pokemon will restore 40% of it's health. However, the pokemon is also given a weakness to fire.
Distribution: Tangela, Tangrowth, Slowpoke/King/Bro, Deoxys, Starmie.

Pokemon: Hydritile
Type: Dragon/Poison
HP: 125
Att: 110
Def: 85
Sp.att: 60
Sp.def: 85
Speed: 20
Abilities: Regrowth

It's probably already been aid, but also give Shuckle Poison Heal. It would simply love that ability.

Regrowth - 40% HP restored after being hit by a cutting move? It seems really powerful with such a high HP restoration percentage. 12.5% and it seems fine, but anything higher and it starts to get too powerful. What is a "cutting move", anyway? For obviously reasons, Cut would be one such move, but what else qualifies?

Hydritile - A Dragon/Poison Pokémon seems neat. With those stats, I could see it as sponging some hits and then 70% of the time wreaking havoc on the opponent's team.

Poison Heal Shuckle - It fits flavorfully, but would Shuckle's extremely low base HP really make Poison Heal worth it?

Zachmac

Regrowth - 40% HP restored after being hit by a cutting move? It seems really powerful with such a high HP restoration percentage. 12.5% and it seems fine, but anything higher and it starts to get too powerful. What is a "cutting move", anyway? For obviously reasons, Cut would be one such move, but what else qualifies?
Cut, Slash, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Crush Claw, Fury Cutter, Psycho Cut, False Swipe, Aerial Ace, X-Scissor, and Crush Claw.

The reason the percentage is so high is because these moves are so rarely seen, and besides that, it gets a fire move from them. But 12.5 is far to little for it to be worth the trouble, especially considering that there is the ability water absorb, which heals the pokemon when hit by any water move.
Poison Heal Shuckle - It fits flavorfully, but would Shuckle's extremely low base HP really make Poison Heal worth it?
It's defenses will help make up for it. Sure, it won't be healing much health, but it won't be taking much damage either, especially in a sandstorm. All it'll have to do is use protect every other turn, and it'll probably hang in for much longer than it would without.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Cut, Slash, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Crush Claw, Fury Cutter, Psycho Cut, False Swipe, Aerial Ace, X-Scissor, and Crush Claw.

The reason the percentage is so high is because these moves are so rarely seen, and besides that, it gets a fire move from them. But 12.5 is far to little for it to be worth the trouble, especially considering that there is the ability water absorb, which heals the pokemon when hit by any water move.It's defenses will help make up for it. Sure, it won't be healing much health, but it won't be taking much damage either, especially in a sandstorm. All it'll have to do is use protect every other turn, and it'll probably hang in for much longer than it would without.

Where's Shadow Claw and Cross Poison?

But the rarity of these moves (actually, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, and X-Scissor aren't that rare) doesn't really justify such a big HP restoration percentage. Giving a +6 Attack move to Sunkern and Sunkern only won't happen despite its rarity because of the potency of the move, and giving the afflicted Pokémon a 40% HP restoration despite the rarity of these cutting moves is similar.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Giving a +6 Attack move to Sunkern and Sunkern only won't happen despite its rarity because of the potency of the move, and giving the afflicted Pokémon a 40% HP restoration despite the rarity of these cutting moves is similar.

I have a question regarding you +6 Sunkern example. So does that mean Belly Drum is broken as well? because that's essentially what it does.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I have a question regarding you +6 Sunkern example. So does that mean Belly Drum is broken as well? because that's essentially what it does.

Belly Drum in particular isn't broken because of its penalty that it gives its user. +6 Attack without penalty is broken, no matter what Pokémon has it (because of the move itself, not because of its distribution).

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Belly Drum in particular isn't broken because of its penalty that it gives its user. +6 Attack without penalty is broken, no matter what Pokémon has it (because of the move itself, not because of its distribution).

You should have mentioned that before then, you just flat out said a +6 stat move = broken. So there is more to determining whether a move is broken then just what it does.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
You should have mentioned that before then, you just flat out said a +6 stat move = broken. So there is more to determining whether a move is broken then just what it does.

When I say a "+6 Attack move", it's assumed to be a +6 Attack move that has no penalty at all. Otherwise I would've said something like a "+6 Attack move that gives the user a harsh penalty" or something.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Nana even more attacks. Today @ school was frigging boring due to well, nothing much to do, but ...

Some of them are renewed ideas from the past... Kudos if you can remember XD

Attacks
Crimson Grip (Dark)
PP: 15/Power: 40/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Foe
The user grips the foe viciously that prevents the foe from switching.

Web Shock (Electric)
PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Foe
The user shoots electricity at the foe by transmitting it by strings. This attack fails if the String Shot has not been used.
- Formulla: 80 x n ( n = no of string shots used)

Wind Toss (Flying)
PP: 20/Power: 60/Accuracy: 90/Category: Special/Priority: 0/Target: All pokemon on the foe's side
The user tosses a strong wind at the foe that may confuse the foe.
- Confusion Chance = 30%

Renewed Attacks
String Shot (Bug)
PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Foe
The user shoots string at the foe that lowers speed and prevents the foe from switching out.

Mehhh

Zachmac

And for some reason, a fire weakness suddenly doesn't count as a penalty?

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Nana even more attacks. Today @ school was frigging boring due to well, nothing much to do, but ...

Some of them are renewed ideas from the past... Kudos if you can remember XD

Attacks
Crimson Grip (Dark)
PP: 15/Power: 40/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Foe
The user grips the foe viciously that prevents the foe from switching.

Web Shock (Electric)
PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Foe
The user shoots electricity at the foe by transmitting it by strings. This attack fails if the String Shot has not been used.
- Formulla: 80 x n ( n = no of string shots used)

Wind Toss (Flying)
PP: 20/Power: 60/Accuracy: 90/Category: Special/Priority: 0/Target: All pokemon on the foe's side
The user tosses a strong wind at the foe that may confuse the foe.
- Confusion Chance = 30%

Renewed Attacks
String Shot (Bug)
PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Foe
The user shoots string at the foe that lowers speed and prevents the foe from switching out.

Mehhh

Crimson Grip - Sure, but it prevents the target from switching under what condition? As long as the move is used? As long as the user is on the field? It doesn't really make sense that the move prevents the target from switching even if the move isn't continually used.

Web Shock - As I probably mentioned before, a move that isn't over the power curve shouldn't have any reason to only work after a certain move has been used (like Rollout).

Wind Toss - Alright. A weaker Hurricane that compensates itself by hitting all foes works.

String Shot - This would probably mean that a lot of early-game Bug-type Pokémon would have to have some other Speed-decreasing move.

And for some reason, a fire weakness suddenly doesn't count as a penalty?

It does, but it doesn't really make sense for most of the Pokémon mentioned, nor does it seem detrimental enough (in the case of Starmie).

Status
Not open for further replies.