• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I already said he wouldn't. If Chansey fell with it, UU would be crap.

Klaus™

Banned
lol at chansey. multiple reasons why it can fall into uu and no one would be any different: it faces the same problems as snorlax does with physical attackers and whatnot. i feel itd only be used over snorlax, causing 'lax to fall too. mienshao, scrafty, flygon, these would rise in usage. o, machamp too.

aboma in uu wouldnt be that bad actually. too many pokemon commonly found on uu teams wreck it. houndoom, chandy(and with shadow tag? bye bye aboma) arcanine, etc etc. but it'll help balance the metagame out, i think. resulting in flygons being used less, as they currently run unchecked and difficult to counter/kill, no more shaymin spamming seed flare. roserade wont get as much usage.

things would change sooooo differently if aboma went uu

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
However, it wouldn't be balanced. Blizzard spam teams everywhere? That doesn't seem balanced. And they can simply run a check to them, like Snorlax with Thick Fat (which really helps them by resisting Fire).

Ilan

lol at chansey. multiple reasons why it can fall into uu and no one would be any different: it faces the same problems as snorlax does with physical attackers and whatnot. i feel itd only be used over snorlax, causing 'lax to fall too. mienshao, scrafty, flygon, these would rise in usage. o, machamp too.

aboma in uu wouldnt be that bad actually. too many pokemon commonly found on uu teams wreck it. houndoom, chandy(and with shadow tag? bye bye aboma) arcanine, etc etc. but it'll help balance the metagame out, i think. resulting in flygons being used less, as they currently run unchecked and difficult to counter/kill, no more shaymin spamming seed flare. roserade wont get as much usage.

things would change sooooo differently if aboma went uu

Snover is BL deal with it.
chansy.. do you even play? you know how hard is to take that thing down? snorlax doesn't have a reliable recovery..

Klaus™

Banned
yes, i know about chansey. its sooooo scary with its base 5 defense :/ its taken down by any taunt user with recovery. i.e. crobat.

machamp destroys it, as does the new fighting types, scrafty and mienshao.

everyone is always fearing the blobs. theyre not that scary for cryin out loud.

well, considering blizzard spam doesnt happen in ou, its tier, i dont think it'll be all that much of an issue. like i said, its countered by too many pokemon, all commonly found on teams. hell, even snorlax counters it :/

Ilan

yes, i know about chansey. its sooooo scary with its base 5 defense :/ its taken down by any taunt user with recovery. i.e. crobat.

machamp destroys it, as does the new fighting types, scrafty and mienshao.

everyone is always fearing the blobs. theyre not that scary for cryin out loud.

well, considering blizzard spam doesnt happen in ou, its tier, i dont think it'll be all that much of an issue. like i said, its countered by too many pokemon, all commonly found on teams. hell, even snorlax counters it :/

crobat is a wall breaker (and he still hates seismic toss).. chansey have a massive sp.defense with eviolite (369 without inversments AT ALL), it have 178 defense coupled with base 250 HP it is a lot of defense actually.. it isn't 2HKOed by some outrages in OU I used it so I know.
a good chansey can render a lot of pokemons useless with paralyze or toxic it is a fine cleric too. nothing can 0HKO physical defensive chansey except STAB fighting moves and except foddering it who is stupid enough to keep chansey on a fighting type?

the only reason blizzard spam isn't common in OU is because of rain teams too many water and steel types in OU ruin the blizzard spam in UU it is much more deadlier.

Even snorlax? WTF you are talking like snorlax is a bad pokemon it is a special sponge who resists ice why "even snorlax"? and who the hell runs only blizzard on hail teams?

Klaus™

Banned
dafuq you talking about? i was listing counters to abomasnow dumbass. i know what snorlax is, so stop acting like im some noob-*** player, who just learned what evs are.

considering the way uu is more hazard city than ou, spikes, stealth rock, and most importantly, toxic spikes, ruin chansey's chance at functioning. couple that with the fact that again, so many things run taunt in uu just for that reason. qwilfish, crobat, etc. crobat has roost, so yeah, wtf does it care about seismic toss?

moves change. metagames change. sets change. stop talking about how its impossible it'll ever be uu. its BL because they banned it from uu but its way too underpowered for ou. frankly, it sucks in ou.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
dafuq you talking about? i was listing counters to abomasnow dumbass. i know what snorlax is, so stop acting like im some noob-*** player, who just learned what evs are. He's telling you it won't happen. No need to swear and have a go at him.

considering the way uu is more hazard city than ou, spikes, stealth rock, and most importantly, toxic spikes, ruin chansey's chance at functioning. couple that with the fact that again, so many things run taunt in uu just for that reason. qwilfish, crobat, etc. crobat has roost, so yeah, wtf does it care about seismic toss? OU has just as many hazards as UU. There are less spinblockers in UU, so hazards aren't at war so much. Try Ubers, hazard city there.

moves change. metagames change. sets change. stop talking about how its impossible it'll ever be uu. its BL because they banned it from uu but its way too underpowered for ou. frankly, it sucks in ou.Weather inducing doesn't suck so much. Hail for the rest fo the match for Scarf Kyurem to spam Blizzard in? Great! Rain to spam Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump? Oh yes!

Thoughts and stuff in Bold.

Ilan

dafuq you talking about? i was listing counters to abomasnow dumbass. i know what snorlax is, so stop acting like im some noob-*** player, who just learned what evs are.

considering the way uu is more hazard city than ou, spikes, stealth rock, and most importantly, toxic spikes, ruin chansey's chance at functioning. couple that with the fact that again, so many things run taunt in uu just for that reason. qwilfish, crobat, etc. crobat has roost, so yeah, wtf does it care about seismic toss?

moves change. metagames change. sets change. stop talking about how its impossible it'll ever be uu. its BL because they banned it from uu but its way too underpowered for ou. frankly, it sucks in ou.

"Its is soooooooo scary with a base 5 defense" yes you talked about chansey's defense being bad which actually with eviolite is decent.

Klaus™

Banned
*puts fingers to temples and rubs headache away*

i was saying that snorlax can counter aboma. not saying chansey nor snorlax sucks. please dont put words in my mouth or try and interpret my ways.

@aquaregisteel: i was never saying weather sucked. yes, weather in itself is good. does that make abomasnow a great pokemon? no it doesnt. with an sr weakness, a bullet punch weakness, inability to handle the top non-weather threats, inability to also handle drought teams, and generally a bad type combination, well....it doesnt really function as well as it should.

i guess my final point is, anything is possible. i never thought mienshao would ever be uu. i was wrong. aboma could turn uu, if people petition and list decent reasons for why on smogon. stop acting like its not possible at all. its completely possible

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Give Gothitelle 80 base speed and 105 base SAtk. This would allow it to become a better trapper with more power.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Give Gothitelle 80 base speed and 105 base SAtk. This would allow it to become a better trapper with more power.
As previously seen with Wobbuffet, Shadow Tag could be one's own demise. As for Chandelure, it has potential in Ubers. Gothitelle, not so much.

There was a thread that mentioned Bidoof being banned. What if Moody was changed, do you think it would be legal?

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I think a new Moody would be better as

0% chance to affect Evaison or Accuracy

75% chance to raise one stat +1

75% chance to lower one stat -1 (Even if it's the same one that was boosted)

25% chance to raise one stat +2

25% chance to lower one stat -2 (Even if it's the same one that was boosted)

1% chance to raise a stat +3

1% chance to lower a stat -3

in theory you could have your attack boosted +1 then lowered -3 if the random gods decide to hate you.

Aurath8

^That's 101%, but it sounds cool.

Make a Pikachu event with Thunderbolt|Flamethrower|Ice Beam|Nasty Plot and Lightning Rod. If Pikachu/Raichu are forever cursed with average stats, at least give him an awesome movepool to set them apart from other Electric types.

Psycho Cut

The competitive scene needs more good spinners. At the moment, Tentacruel is the only one I'd say is good and even then, you can't really run him without rain. Here's hoping that 6th Gen brings some decent Spinners!

Klaus™

Banned
i disagree. cruel is great in hail, and even sand, taking all fighting and water type attacks aimed at terrakion/landorus/t-tar etc.

donphan is a great spinner/lead/hazard layer. due to sturdy, its a fantastic lead, almost always getting stealth rock up, and generally not being too worse the wear due to its fantastic defense. it has other niches outside that too, ice shard utility, banded, etc.

forretress can take many attacks, but people just overload it with stuff. supposedly, it has 4-move-slot syndrome, but it only really needs sr and rapid spin. it doesnt need spikes, nor toxic spikes.

but agreed. wider distribution of the move would be good. but to say only cruel is good is a misconception.

Status
Not open for further replies.