• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
The Beta Turtle from GSC.

Act's as a Special counterpart to Torkoal in NU

Snapshoal
Water

HP 70
ATK 85
DEF 70
SPA 85
SPD 140
SPE 20

Start Water Gun
4 Moss Over*
7 Withdraw
12 Curse
17 Whirlpool
20 Mist
23 Rapid Spin
28 Water Pulse
33 Body Slam
36 Protect
39 Muddy Water
44 Crunch
49 Amnesia
52 Flail
55 Water Spout
60 Hydro Pump
65 Shell Smash

EGG
Water Spout
Aqua Jet
Endure
Fissure
Skull Bash
Sleep Talk
Yawn

Notable TMs
Protect, Earthquake, Surf, Ice Beam, Explosion, and Gyro Ball

*Moss Over
Status
Grass
The user layers a coat of moss onto the target, will lower speed and may soak(50%).

Orithan

New pokemon (Starter):

Aqumattus, the Hydroelectic Pokemon.

Pokedex entry: #009 Orion Dex (#658 National Dex).

Flavour text: "Hunting in murky rivers and lakes, it uses it's electrically-charged whiskers to create a map of the waterways. It has long history of helping people navigate Orion's waterways"

Appearance: A large, bluish cat creature bearing fish-like fins on the back of its feet, sides of its head and its tail. It has a long tail and digitargde legs, enabling it to run fast on land. It has a streamlined figure, not unlike that of a cheetah. It's whiskers constantly stand on end, where the electric charge is coming from. Its toes are webbed.

Evolution chain: Osmiky (Basic, Water) -> Felidro (level 16, Water)-> Aqumattus (Level 34, Water/Electric).

Type: Water/ Electric.

Abilities: Torrent/ Motor Drive (Hidden).

Base Stats:
HP: 85.
Attack: 72.
Defense: 79.
Special Attack: 102.
Special Defense: 83.
Speed: 109.
BST: 530.

Some notable moves:
Hydro Pump, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Discharge, Scald, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot.

Comments: Orion's fully-evolved Water starter. Because we had three straight gens of slow water starters, I decided to make a fast one for a change. Also, this starter trio is based on pets and that some cats actually dive into water.

Orithan

New Ability: Dust Dine

Flavor Text see what I did there?: Heals 1/16 in a SandStorm.

Distribution: Hippowdon, Cacturne, Flygon, Claydol.

Not bad, being a sand version of Rain Dish. Leave it at that because Sand already has enough power.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Remember the Light Ball? That items crazily makes Pikachu's attack stats (both physical and special) skyrocket that rivals a lot of pokemon!

What if we make ideas as to what are the items that may come at this new generation?

For the Ledian family - Iron Lance. This item sharply increases increases its base attack and defense stats (both physical and special) but its base speed stat becomes 25 (REALLY SLOW HUH?). See Timegate Traveler from Pokestar studios

For Plusle and Minun - Pom Poms. Ups all of the users base stats by 20. applicable to Plusle and Minun only. (they are the cheering pokemon after all)

For many butterfly pokemon (other bug types like moths and spiders are not included) - Glittery Star. Destroys hazards upon entering the battle at the cost of one physical attack and defense drop.

For pure normal type pokemon only (without secondary type) - Joy Globe. Absorbs Fighting type moves and convert them into HP depending on the users attack stat. [sorry blaziken, terrakion, heracross, hitmonchan, and sawk. you're too much guys]

For pokemon without evolutions (excluding legendaries) - Harness brace. Left by the legendary pokemon, it increases the users attack stats if they have no evolution. Legendaries are bound not to wear it's corruptible power. (think of it like eviolite in reverse)

EonDragonFTW

Harness Brace seems a little too broken, but everything else seem like nice additions

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
New Ability: Dust Dine

Flavor Text see what I did there?: Heals 1/16 in a SandStorm.

Distribution: Hippowdon, Cacturne, Flygon, Claydol.

Perfectly fine. Most counterparts I have nothing to say about, since most of their original variants aren't broken anyway.

Remember the Light Ball? That items crazily makes Pikachu's attack stats (both physical and special) skyrocket that rivals a lot of pokemon!

What if we make ideas as to what are the items that may come at this new generation?

For the Ledian family - Iron Lance. This item sharply increases increases its base attack and defense stats (both physical and special) but its base speed stat becomes 25 (REALLY SLOW HUH?). See Timegate Traveler from Pokestar studios

For Plusle and Minun - Pom Poms. Ups all of the users base stats by 20. applicable to Plusle and Minun only. (they are the cheering pokemon after all)

For many butterfly pokemon (other bug types like moths and spiders are not included) - Glittery Star. Destroys hazards upon entering the battle at the cost of one physical attack and defense drop.

For pure normal type pokemon only (without secondary type) - Joy Globe. Absorbs Fighting type moves and convert them into HP depending on the users attack stat. [sorry blaziken, terrakion, heracross, hitmonchan, and sawk. you're too much guys]

For pokemon without evolutions (excluding legendaries) - Harness brace. Left by the legendary pokemon, it increases the users attack stats if they have no evolution. Legendaries are bound not to wear it's corruptible power. (think of it like eviolite in reverse)

Iron Lance - It's a bit too swingy (no pun intended) at double Attack, double Defense, double Sp. Atk, double Sp. Def, and quartered Speed, but I don't know how else to fix it.

Pom-Poms - Sure.

Glittery Star - It could stand to just consume the item and get rid of all entry hazards on the holder's side whenever it's switched into battle.

Joy Globe - I know the metagame has had many, many Fighting-type Pokémon introduced this generation, but I don't think that completely turning them around, tossing them aside, and laughing at their face is the best way to address that.

Harness Brace -
1) It's been mentioned before, but there's no way for the game mechanics themselves to differentiate between legendary and non-legendary Pokémon.
2) Similar to Eviolite, the only restriction to get a benefit out of this item is that the holder must not be able to evolve. This restriction (as well as the reverse restriction for Eviolite) are much too easy to achieve, and in my opinion, should not warrant such massive stat boosts.
3) Not to mention that Pokémon like Garchomp, Excadrill, Salamence (or even if you just mean Pokémon without any species in their evolutionary line, in which case Bouffalant, Druddigon, and Durant) would be able to harness (pun fully intended, doubly so for Durant) even more power than they had before for literally no drawback whatsoever.

New Levitate: avoids Stealth Rocks too.

Cryagonal anyone?

It doesn't really make sense, since Stealth Rocks float in the air, but alright, I guess.

That would just mean that given the current existence of entry hazards, Levitate would be "avoids entry hazards and Ground-type moves", which I don't really mind.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Rock smash; now breaks stealth rock on your side of the field. (Still leaves ghosts able to "spin" block)

Sounds like a decent idea. Would definetly help in the fight to find someone to remove rocks from the field as Rapid Spin distribution is not that huge.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Iron Lance - It's a bit too swingy (no pun intended) at double Attack, double Defense, double Sp. Atk, double Sp. Def, and quartered Speed, but I don't know how else to fix it.

Pom-Poms - Sure.

Glittery Star - It could stand to just consume the item and get rid of all entry hazards on the holder's side whenever it's switched into battle.

Joy Globe - I know the metagame has had many, many Fighting-type Pokémon introduced this generation, but I don't think that completely turning them around, tossing them aside, and laughing at their face is the best way to address that.

Harness Brace -
1) It's been mentioned before, but there's no way for the game mechanics themselves to differentiate between legendary and non-legendary Pokémon.
2) Similar to Eviolite, the only restriction to get a benefit out of this item is that the holder must not be able to evolve. This restriction (as well as the reverse restriction for Eviolite) are much too easy to achieve, and in my opinion, should not warrant such massive stat boosts.
3) Not to mention that Pokémon like Garchomp, Excadrill, Salamence (or even if you just mean Pokémon without any species in their evolutionary line, in which case Bouffalant, Druddigon, and Durant) would be able to harness (pun fully intended, doubly so for Durant) even more power than they had before for literally no drawback whatsoever.

I.
For the harness brace though, ONLY Pokemon that DON'T HAVE AN EVOLVUTION or PRE-EVOLUTION can wear it (Pokémon without any species in their evolutionary line, in which case Bouffalant, Druddigon, and Durant. The rest no-no at all. Try on skarmory). So garchomp and pals will never get its benefits. For the legendaries, they can't wear it (Got the idea from the demon crown of cave story/doukatsu monogatari)

II.
For the Iron lance, I just decided that Ledian needs a jolt to amp up its performance. Helpful yet not broken not unless I add an extra effect that it will head 1/8th of its HP every turn. Same for Pom-Poms for plusle and Minun [aint those two just cute together?]

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Name: Magic Barrier
Type: Psychic
Category: Other
PP: 5 (Max 8)
Flavour text: All Pokémon only take damage from attacks for 5 turns.
Priority: -7
Effect: Blocks all Passive Damage (e.g Entry Hazards, Poison, Recoil etc) for 5 turns. Affects all Pokémon in battle.

So for example, when you use it, you can safely switch in a Pokémon that has a crippling weakness to Stealth Rock (Like Moltres) and it won't take damage from it when it comes in. It doesn't remove the Entry Hazards, it just blocks them so when the 5 turns are up, when you switch in something else, they will take Entry Hazard damage.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I.
For the harness brace though, ONLY Pokemon that DON'T HAVE AN EVOLVUTION or PRE-EVOLUTION can wear it (Pokémon without any species in their evolutionary line, in which case Bouffalant, Druddigon, and Durant. The rest no-no at all. Try on skarmory). So garchomp and pals will never get its benefits. For the legendaries, they can't wear it (Got the idea from the demon crown of cave story/doukatsu monogatari)

The first part is fine.

But that doesn't get rid of the fact that a Pokémon is still a Pokémon mechanically regardless of whether or not it's legendary within flavor. The restriction wouldn't really be possible to enforce at all.

II.
For the Iron lance, I just decided that Ledian needs a jolt to amp up its performance. Helpful yet not broken not unless I add an extra effect that it will head 1/8th of its HP every turn. Same for Pom-Poms for plusle and Minun [aint those two just cute together?]

Brokenness isn't based solely on both the mechanic and the Pokémon that get access to that mechanic. Sunkern would never get a move that gives it +4 Attack without penalty because a move that gives +4 Attack without penalty would be broken in of itself.

Effect: Blocks all Passive Damage (e.g Entry Hazards, Poison, Recoil etc) for all Pokemon for 5 turns.

It affects every Pokémon from both sides, not just your own. So for example, when you use it, you can safely switch in a Pokémon that has a crippling weakness to Stealth Rock (Like Moltres) and it won't take damage from it when it comes in. It doesn't remove the Entry Hazards, it just blocks them so when the 5 turns are up, when you switch in something else, they will take Entry Hazard damage.

One thing I don't really like about this is that it makes moves that have recoil damage (Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, etc.) have no drawback for such a high power, whereas those with alternate forms of drawback (Close Combat, Leaf Storm, etc.) still do. Because Flare Blitz and Close Combat have the same power and accuracy but have two different drawbacks, the two drawbacks should be pretty much equivalent from a design perspective, so it doesn't make sense to make a mechanic that excludes one but not make a mechanic that excludes the other.

Otherwise, totally fine. I feel like the metagame is a bit too reliant on entry hazards, anyway.

Effect: Blocks all Passive Damage (e.g Entry Hazards, Poison, Recoil etc) for 5 turns. Affects all Pokémon in battle.

So for example, when you use it, you can safely switch in a Pokémon that has a crippling weakness to Stealth Rock (Like Moltres) and it won't take damage from it when it comes in. It doesn't remove the Entry Hazards, it just blocks them so when the 5 turns are up, when you switch in something else, they will take Entry Hazard damage.

It basically gives all Pokemon Magic Guard right? Cool idea but it seems really, really weak. Consider making it so it only effects you. While yes you block entry hazard, recoil, sandstorm etc damage on your team you also help your opponent. You only get to enjoy it for 4 turns (because you spend one turn setting it up) while your opponent gets 5 turns if you are faster than them. You will block your own entry hazards and could actually give an enemy Life Orb Salamence or Venusaur the few recoil-less sweeping turns they need to sweep you even at low HP.

It MIGHT be useful on a Gyarados or Volcarona focused team but I would rather just use Rapid Spin to begin with. Toxic and Sandstorm based damages can be minimized with good team preparation. Its too weak to be worth a turn usage and to make things worse it actually helps your opponent too.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~

I like this one and I also think it's fair that it helps the opponent as well.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
It basically gives all Pokemon Magic Guard right? Cool idea but it seems really, really weak. Consider making it so it only effects you. While yes you block entry hazard, recoil, sandstorm etc damage on your team you also help your opponent. You only get to enjoy it for 4 turns (because you spend one turn setting it up) while your opponent gets 5 turns if you are faster than them. You will block your own entry hazards and could actually give an enemy Life Orb Salamence or Venusaur the few recoil-less sweeping turns they need to sweep you even at low HP.

It MIGHT be useful on a Gyarados or Volcarona focused team but I would rather just use Rapid Spin to begin with. Toxic and Sandstorm based damages can be minimized with good team preparation. Its too weak to be worth a turn usage and to make things worse it actually helps your opponent too.

It would be for five turns (like Reflect), not four turns (like Trick Room).

I would disagree a bit on making the move only affect the user's team. The temporary elimination of non-direct damage can definitely be built around, and having the move only affect one team makes it so that opponents really can't do anything about the move once it's up and running. At least making the opponent receive these benefits makes it so that at least if the user's team reaps these benefits, the opponent can respond either by nullifying the effect by using the move themselves or by taking advantage of the benefits.

Defense of the mechanic aside, I agree that Rapid Spin (or just Magic Guard, really) would still be my preferred route at this.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
So, since Latios/Latias and the creation trio have their own items, I got bored and made items for every legendary.

Mew: Origin Pendant
Flavour: A strange amulet said to have been created by an ancient people in honour of the first Pokemon known to exist.
Effect: Boosts Mew's STAB to 2x. Pretty much lets you give Mew Adaptability. As it is, Psychic isn't the best offensive type in the current metagame, although it doees hit Fighting types hard.

Mewtwo: Energized Armour / Bio Armour / Hydra Armour / Molten Armour / Frozen Armour

Energized Armour
Flavour: A high tech suit of armour created for a mysterious project. The armour's metal plates are charged with electricity.
Effect: When held by Mewtwo, Electric attacks (really just Thunder and Thunderbolt) do double damage, however opposing Electric attacks are doubled too.

Organic Armour: A high tech suit of armour created for a mysterious project. The armour's metal plates are overgrown with moss.
Effect: When held by Mewtwo, Grass attacks do double damage, both his and his opponents. (The only Grass attacks Mewtwo can use are Energy Ball and I think Grass Knot)

Hydra Armour: A high tech suit of armour created for a mysterious project. The armour's metal plates always seem to be damp.
Effect: When held by Mewtwo, Water attacks do double damage, both his and his opponents. (Mewtwo would also get access to a new Water move I'll post later in the post, since his only current Water attack is Water Pulse)

Molten Armour: A high tech suit of armour created for a mysterious project. The armour's metal plates glow with heat.
Effect: When held by Mewtwo, Fire attacks do double damage, both his and his opponents.

Frozen Armour: A high tech suit of armour created for a mysterious project. The armour's metal plates are covered in frost.
Effect: When held by Mewtwo, Ice attacks do double damage, both his and his opponents.

Articuno: Frost Shield
Flavour: An icy shield created by a powerful bird said to summon blizzards.
Effect: When held by Articuno, Rock attacks do .25 damage (neutral damage) when Articuno is at full health.

Zapdos: Thunderband
Flavour: An electrifying headband created by a powerful bird said to summon thunderstorms.
Effect: When held by Zapdos, Volt Absorb recovers 50% of his max HP, or Lightningrod boosts his Sp. Atk by 2 levels.

Moltres: Blaze Brand
Flavour: A flaming brand created by a powerful bird said to summon eruptions.
Effect: When held by Moltres, Fire attacks do 2x damage

Lugia: Silver Bell
Flavour: A silver bell that emits a tone like a howling hurricane.
Effect: When held by Lugia, Attack and Special Attack are increased by one level in the Rain.

Ho-oh: Golden Bell
Flavour: A golden bell that emits a tone like rustling leaves.
Effect: When held by Ho-oh, base Speed is increased by 10 during the Fall.

Suicune: Crystal Charm
Flavour: A mysterious crystal with the power to purify water.
Effect: When held by Suicune, recovers 12.5% of his max HP per turn during the Rain. (Welcome back, CroCune)

Raikou: Magnet Charm
Flavour: A mysterious magnetic stone that faintly smells of ozone.
Effect: An item for Raikou that causes his Thunder to leech health. When Raikou successfully uses Thunder, he recovers 1/8th of the damage dealt.

Entei: Obsidian Charm
Flavour: A mysterious piece of obsidian that glows like lava.
Effect: When held by Entei, recovers 12.5% of his maximum HP per turn in the Sun.

Celebi: Temporal Gemstone
Flavour: A mysterious gemstone said to be from another place in time.
Effect: When held by Celebi, a single opposing priority move is nullified. This includes Pursuit when Celebi switches out.

Regirock, Regice, Registeel, and Regigigas: King's Crest

King's Crest
Flavour: A crown worn by a king long before man set foot upon the planet.
Effect: When held by one of the Regi trio or Regigigas, their STAB becomes 2x instead of 1.5x. Regigigas can use it but he also has his own custom item.

Latios and Latias already have the Soul Dew.

Rayquaza: Green Orb
Flavour: A brilliant emerald orb that balances the Red and Blue orb.
Effect: When held by Rayquaza, permanently dispels weather when he enters the battlefield.

Groudon: Red Orb
Flavour: A brilliant ruby orb that becalms Groudon.
Effect: When held, Groudon is immune to primary statuses. It can still be afflicted with secondary statuses like Confusion and Infatuation.

Kyorge: Red Orb
Flavour: A brilliant sapphire orb that becalms Kyogre.
Effect: When held, Kyogre is immune to primary statuses.

Jirachi: Wish Token
Flavour: A golden star-shaped token received from Jirachi. (Item is held by Jirachi, either as an event or in-game)
Effect: When held, if Jirachi survives an attack with under 10% HP, it is instantly healed to max HP. This item is only usable once per battle, like a Focus Sash. Additionally, it does not guarantee Jirachi will survive the attack.

Deoxys: Extraterrestrial Pathogen
Flavour: An odd strain of virus with no earthly origin.
Effect: An item for Deoxys. The effect varies with the forme;
Normal forme: All stats are increasted by 10%.
Defense forme: Defense and Special Defense are increased by 25%
Attack forme: Attack and Special Attack are increased by 25%
Speed forme: I'm not sure yet, still working on this.

Uxie: Tome of Knowledge
Flavour: An ancient book said to contain the secrets of the world. However, if read by mortal eyes, it destroys one's memories.
Effect: An item for Uxie. When an opponent hits Uxie with a super-effective move, it gets the Torment sub-status.

Mesprit: Ardent Bangle
Flavour: An ancient bracelet said to give the wearer control over other's emotions. However, if worn by mortal hands, it destroys one's soul.
Effect: An item for Mesprit. If hit by an ally, it recovers 10% of it's maximum health after the attack. (The attack still deals normal damage)

Azelf: Nerve Band
Flavour: An ancient band said to contain the power to manipulate one's will. However, if worn by a mortal, it drives one insane.
Effect: When held by Azelf, it becomes immune to moves that cause confusion as well as things like Taunt and Torment. Moves that deal damage AND cause confusion like Water Pulse still do damage, but cannot cause confusion.

I'm still working on the rest.

Most of these are nearly useless competitively, but I personally think the Stormband will shoot Zapdos to OU or maybe even Ubers as he'd be amazing both on a Rain team and for countering Rain teams.

Also, a couple new abilities.

Name: Martial Artist
Effect: Gives an immunity to Fighting moves, and when target by a Fighting move, its own Fighting-typed moves get 1.5x power. Pretty much a Fighting-type Flash Fire clone.
Distribution: I'd give it to mostly Fighting types.

Name: Non-Conformity
Effect: Taunt, Torment, Mimic, Copycat, Sketch, Me First, Attract, Captivate, Destiny Bond, Helping Hand, Encore, Follow Me, and whatever other similar attacks I forgot have no effect on this Pokemon.
Distribution: Give it to intelligent Pokemon like Alakazam and maybe the 3 Spirits through the Dream World.

EonDragonFTW

OOOOH let's give that martial artist ability to Lucario
I like that ability, but Fighting types really don't need a buff

for Deoxys' speed item, just have it increase speed.
And the pixie's items don't seem useful.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Yeah, I might rework those. And the problem with simply giving Deoxys-S more Speed is that he's already the fastest unboosted Pokemon in the game. Maybe like a 25% chance to give a move +1 priority or something.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
New Item: Saddle Bag

Details: With more space to carry projectiles, multi moves attack twice.
Competitive: Multiplies the current amount of attacks by 2 when using multi hitting moves (e.g. tail slap). Sngle attacking moves do not count. Triple kick or double kick related moves still apply
Consumable or not: not consumable

How this works?

Here's a nice sample:

Technician Breloom A (w/o saddle bag) VS Technician Breloom B(w/ saddle bag) [both are facing a defensive conkeldurr for instance]

Tech breloom A used bullet seed. Hits the opponent 3 times. Conkeldurr lost 47% health
Tech breloom B used bullet seed. Hits the opponent 6 times. Conkeldurr lost 94% health

Skill link Cinccino A (w/o saddle bag) VS. Skill link Cinccino B (w/ saddle bag) [both are facing Sigylyph with +2 defense and sp.defense (cosmic power influenced)]

Skill Link Cinccino A used Tail slap. Hits the enemy five times. Sigilyph lost 35% health.

Skill Link Cinccino B used Tail slap. Hits the enemy ten times. Sigilyph lost 68-70% health.

Status
Not open for further replies.