• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Instead of multiple threads about what changes to abilities, moves, and base stats, This thread will be dedicated to changing anything Competitive.

Some basic rules to abide by.
Avoid stuff like:"Allow Excadrill because Smogon doesn't know better"
Make sure Moveset and Ability changes are logical (stuff like Flareon and Fire Punch are a good example of illogical stuff)

Here's a good example to start things off.

Snorlax should have access to Slack Off, through breeding, but not into Munchlax.

Slack Off would provide Snorlax the recovery it needs outside of rest.

candyson

Ultimate Sceptile
flareon should get flare blitz
regigigas should get rest- it still's hampered by slow start wouldn't make it broken but might at least take it out of NU
sceptle's attack and special attack should be switched
chansey should take 15hp and 15 sp. atk and put it into def; wouldn't 235/35/105 defenses be better

candyson

Ultimate Sceptile
Stealth Rock nerfed to 1/16 HP lost regardless of type. Not exactly the best nerf but would help threats like Charizard become a little more used.

that would be great- sun and hail teams will see rise in usage

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Stealth Rock nerfed to 1/16 HP lost regardless of type. Not exactly the best nerf but would help threats like Charizard become a little more used.

an idea of a nerf would help those 4x weak mon's but I wouldnt like to see a nerf so drastic. I'd say if a nerf were to occur:

4x Weak : 25% | 2x Weak 12.5% | Neutral 6.25% | 2x Resist 3.125% | 4x Resist 1.5625%.

This nerf seems like it would also cause a drop in SR usage, as it wouldn't be nearly as game impacting. I'm not to sure how I would feel about a nerf like this though, and I guess I would have to play with it to see what I'd think.

*Take at least 5 base stat points from Kyurem's highest stats, and add them to speed.
*Justified raises Attack as well as Special Attack and makes the user immune to Dark-type moves. This would really help Keldeo and Virizion, respectively. It might also give Arcanine and Absol more usage.
*Dugtrio gets an evolution with a higher Attack stat.
*Turn Explosion's mechanics back to the way they were last generation.
*Give Meloetta an item so it doesn't have to use Relic Song to change formes.
*Give Archeops, Regigigas, and for that matter, Slaking new abilities.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
I would like to see the following changes to the game mechanics:

• Will-O-Wisp's accuracy raised from 75% to 100%.
  • Rapid Spin can now remove entry hazards, Leech Seed, and other things it normally removes regardless of whether or not it hits a target. So although Rapid Spin cannot damage Ghost-type Pokémon, using the move against them would still remove entry hazards.
  • Stealth Rock's power being halved, so that Pokémon 4x weak to Rock take 25% upon switching in, Pokémon 2x weak to Rock take 12.5% upon switching in, Pokémon neutral to Rock take 6.25% upon switching in, and so on.
  • One can no longer have more than one type of entry hazard on their field. So a trainer can now have either 1-3 layers of Spikes on their field, 1-2 layers of Toxic Spikes on their field, or a layer of Stealth Rock on their field, but not two of them, or all three. If for example, someone attempts to use Spikes or Toxic Spikes while the opponent already has Stealth Rock on their field, Spikes/Toxic Spikes will fail.
  • When Arceus is not holding a Plate, its type is now ??? instead of Normal. A ???-type Pokémon takes neutral damage from all other types of attacks, and a ???-type move (Arceus-???'s Judgment) deals neutral damage to all other types of Pokémon.
  • Freeze Shock and Ice Burn now have their charge-up turns removed, their base power lowered to 130, their accuracy lowered to 85%, and their secondary effect chance lowered to 20%. In other words, aside from being of the Ice type, Freeze Shock and Ice Burn are now completely identical to Bolt Strike and Blue Flare, respectively.
  • Recharge moves like Hyper Beam and Giga Impact no longer require a recharge if it misses, breaks a Substitute or faints a Pokémon.
  • Turboblaze and Teravolt now boost the power of the user's Fire and Electric-type moves respectively by 50%.
  • Air Lock and Cloud Nine now completely remove any existing weather on the field when the Pokémon with such Abilities enters the field.
  • Defiant now raises the user's Attack by two stages even upon a self-induced stat drop from a move such as Superpower.
  • Pokémon with the Inner Focus Ability can now unleash a Focus Punch even if it gets attacked while tightening its focus.

Vandslaux

If Celebi had Regenerator. It would become a staple of VoltTurn, and be a great pokemon on defensive cores, due to it's ability to Leech Seed something that can't really hurt you (aka 1/3 the meta), then scout with U-turn and then restore HP with Regenerator, as well as having the all-annoying Leech Seed on the opponent.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Guts now prevents burn and poison damage- Would help make stuff like Conkeldurr and Swellow a bit.
Stone Edge's accuracy is now 90%-Would see a rise in usage
Focus Blasts accuracy is now 85%-this would be nice that people would stop calling it Focus Miss.
Bulk up raises Attack, Defense, and Sp Defense- make Conkeldurr harder to take down.

Ilan

I like it more when each thread was more focused on something.

I approve the SR nerf it is too annoying right now SR weakness being a parameter to the pokemon success, sure it will make things harder to counter but still... SR is too OP right now. I would like to change scizor's move pool *remove bullet punch* that's all :p

Darmanitan-Z sucks what about making the transformation reversed? bulky in more than 50% sweeper on +50%

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Increase Explosion's BP to 300, without the defense cut on the opponent.
Nerf SR to half it's current power.
Give Darmanitan 105/135/72/40/72/101 stats. It would help it a bit.
Give Haxorus 106 base speed. Becomes threatening to Mence.
Give Hydreigon 108 base speed.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Increase Explosion's BP to 300, without the defense cut on the opponent.
Nerf SR to half it's current power.
Give Darmanitan 105/135/72/40/72/101 stats. It would help it a bit.
Give Haxorus 106 base speed. Becomes threatening to Mence.
Give Hydreigon 108 base speed.

Oh ya, lets just give the most powerful OU Outrage great speed, now outspeeding base 101 Revenge Killers, great idea :D

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Latios/Gengar/stuff kill it still XD

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Gengar cannot 1HKO Haxorus, And its not the fact that "ohh blabababababa can still KO it", its the fact that "blabalbalbalblbalbalblalblalbla can no longer KO it" which is making it deadlier.

and with a speed boost, unless those base 110's are running a Scarf they will die.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Whatever, don't get mad at me for it...

Ilan

Whatever, don't get mad at me for it...

I never get mad about pokemon (except when I rarely gets 6-0 by someone.. then I realize my team sucks.. or I played poorly)

Anyway haxorus is fine as he is..

Serene grace should increase special effects by 1.5 and not 2.

Sheer force should increase power of moves by 1.5 instead of 1.3.

Flareon stats: 110 speed 65 sp.attack... but meh he wouldn't be good even then.

Broken: Volcarona with magic guard.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Yeah, woops XD

Yeah Volc would be broken with that.

or WonderTomb

Status
Not open for further replies.