• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

Would Revenge on Umbreon be nice to get a new move on its curse set?
Yes. It has nearly perfect coverage, and the negative priority won't bother it at all because of curse's speed drop.

So, if successfully tanks an attack, it'll be hitting it's for with an accurate, 120 power move.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~

TheMarshlands

I didn't expect them to, I was just pointing it out.
No problems then c:

Also what could be done to mantine to make it a better supporting/defensive poké?

Zachmac

Also what could be done to mantine to make it a better supporting/defensive poké?
Ability: Water Barrier: Defends against the pokemon's weakness just once after swapping in.
In detail: If it's hit by a rock or electric attack, the attack won't do any damage, and the dialogue will say "Mantine's water barrier shattered!" If it blocks a rock attack, however, it'll still be immune to electric until it is hit by that attack. SR will count as an attack, so while it will make it immune to stealth rock, it'll still have trouble with rock attacks as long as SR is on the field.

Move: Absorbtion : Absorbs surrounding water to restore health.
In detail: Restores 50% of it's health in clear skies, 66% in rain or hail, and 33% in sunlight or sandstorm.
PP: 15.
Type: Water

Move: Sting: Injects a poison that paralyzes the enemy(well, it is a ray...though maybe not a sting ray).
In Detail: Paralyzes enemies.
Power: ---
Accuracy: 100
Type: Poison

What do you guys think of these? This could make Mantine a check to Thundurus-T, since it could paralyze it while still taking an electric attack, and could handle landy pretty well when SR isn't on the field.

TheMarshlands

Ability: Water Barrier: Defends against the pokemon's weakness just once after swapping in.
In detail: If it's hit by a rock or electric attack, the attack won't do any damage, and the dialogue will say "Mantine's water barrier shattered!" If it blocks a rock attack, however, it'll still be immune to electric until it is hit by that attack. SR will count as an attack, so while it will make it immune to stealth rock, it'll still have trouble with rock attacks as long as SR is on the field.
Wouldn't this be a bit broken? idk...

Move: Can't think of a name : Absorbs surrounding water to restore health.
In detail: Restores 50% of it's health in clear skies, 66% in rain or hail, and 33% in sunlight or sandstorm.
This would be pretty awesome in conjunction with water absorb and roost *which I think mantine should get*, use roost outside of a rain team -or in a sun team- and this on a rain team

Zachmac

Wouldn't this be a bit broken? idk...
Eh, I don't think it would be on Mantine. And it'll still be 2HKOed by just about every electric type in existence.

It'd help it place status on certain foes, but it can't really stay in and wall them forever.

TheMarshlands

*not sure if this is the right place to say this* but I think we should be able to see pokemons IVs in the actual game, like, a scientist character that would "test" the pokémon and say its IVs

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
*not sure if this is the right place to say this* but I think we should be able to see pokemons IVs in the actual game, like, a scientist character that would "test" the pokémon and say its IVs

It would save time on using an IV calculator

New Item: Catch Claw

Description: When held, the opponent can't U-Turn/Volt Switch for one turn

Yeah not my best creation

Zachmac

Hypnosis's accuracy is increased to 85% now!
As if sleep isn't annoying enough already...with this we'd have to put up with hypnosis Gengar.

Ugh....in all honestly, I'd like this game better if the sleep and freeze clause just banned those two statuses for good. I object to this, just cause sleeps too broken IMO.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
As if sleep isn't annoying enough already...with this we'd have to put up with hypnosis Gengar.

Ugh....in all honestly, I'd like this game better if the sleep and freeze clause just banned those two statuses for good. I object to this, just cause sleeps too broken IMO.

Eh could be worse, if GF made a 100% automatic freezing move, I will quit competitive battling forever

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
that ability is uber broken.

New Moves:

Deep Breath
Normal
Power: --
Acc: --
PP: 10
the user takes a deep breath too increase its accuracy.
raisies acc 2 stages.

Sniper Shot
Steel
Power: 150
Acc: 70
the user shoots the target in the head with a sniper rifle. dey die :D jk.
this attack deals double damage to those who resist steel.

think that should be physical or special?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

New Moves:

Deep Breath
Normal
raisies acc 2 stages.

Sniper Shot
Steel

Make it a special and a possible signature move for Genesect

trident20

ground types

New Moves:

Deep Breath
Normal
raisies acc 2 stages.

Sniper Shot
Steel

special

how bout this move

crystal gem
special rock
90 power never misses

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
unban thundurus and garchomp then i'll play again

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
lol i haven't been on serebii or smogon for half a year my bad

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
All responses in spoilers.

Hit and Run
"Returns after attacking"

-If the Pokemon is the last one then it will not be switched. Also, you do not have a choice in whether you want to switch, if you attack you are switched and that's that.

Example:
Turn 0: Trainer 1 sends out Archeops, Trainer 2 sent out Rapidash, Turn End.
Turn 1: Archeops used Rock Slide, Archeops returns because of Hit and Run, Trainer 1 sent out Granbull, Rapidash used Ember on Granbull, Turn End.

New Move: Quick Strike

Type:
NormalIC_Big.png
/ Power: 55 / Accuracy: 95% / PP: 10 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category:
physical.png
/ Priority: +5
"The user quickly attacks the target then retreats. It switches places with a party Pokémon in waiting. It is sure to strike first."

- So basically a move version of my ability Hit-and-Run

Cautious
"Unaffected by entry hazards"

-This includes Stealth Rocks, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes.

Hit and Run - It's extremely broken on sweepers. Since almost every Pokémon that would be using this move would be a sweeper anyway, the ability is extremely easily abusable.

Quick Strike - +5 priority makes it faster than Protect. That alone should make it have very, very low power. Offering a free switch for the user makes it pretty potent, too.

Cautious - This is alright. It's outclassed by Magic Guard in every way, but it's a nice alternative for those that don't have access to it.

@Wishing Star

Yeah, Imma change it to, "Copy the stats boost and changes at the time when the split is summoned. Does not copy any skill changes after the split has been summoned. If the user faints, it will faint along with the user."

The move itself still doesn't really seem too elegantly usable, in my opinion. :/

My brother was talking about a normal/psychic type and then I told him that there is such a pokemon called Girafarign. He actually forgot about it, so I guess Imma go through Girafarign's improvement to make it more "noticable"

2nd Dream World Ability: Rush
All Charge type moves get a 50% boost in attack

Movepool Changes:
WTF WHY IT NO GET THESE ATTACKS: Wild Charge, Flame Charge
Attacks it should get: Blaze Kick (Egg)

New attacks
Stampede (JP Ramapge だいあばれ) Normal
PP: 15/Power: 60/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Priority: 0/Target: Selected
The user goes into a wild stampede, and has a 30% chance of boosting attack by one stage.
-Distribution: Practically anything that has hooves or feet

Clatter (JP Clatter かちゃかちゃ) Normal
PP: 15/Power: 90/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Priority: 0/Target: Everyone
The user stamps its foot, making a huge sound that deals damage.
-Distribution: Anything with hooves, Zebstrikaaaa

Rush - What is a Charge-type move? Wild Charge, Flame Charge... Charge Beam? Headbutt? Seems alright with Girafarig, but put it on a Pokémon like Zebstrika and it could get out of hand.

Stampede - It's sort of a Metal Claw variant. Seems alright, but I feel like its PP is a bit too high for some reason. 10, maybe?

Clatter - Earthquake is already extremely viable in all styles of battle, and it only hits adjacent Pokémon. This hits every Pokémon (which would include the user), has only slightly less power, and can hit Flying-types. The power would most likely have to come down a bit.

I guess stealth rock could be removed by pokemon that 4x resists it... or by a rock type pokemon (which would make a giant change in the current metagame)

There could be another reliable hight power special move for fighting types... something other then Focus Miss... like crashing wave or idk...
Crashing Wave - Figthing
PP: 5/ Power: 80/ Accuracy: 100/ Category: Special/ Priority: 0/ Target: All adjacent foes
DISCRIPTION: The user creates a big impact wave.
DETAILS: Cannot affect pokémon with soundproof; Has a 10% chance of making an opponent confused.

Also there should be a move that inflicts freeze condition:
Winter Snow - Ice
PP: 15/ Power: -/ Accuracy: 70/ Cattegory: Status/ Priority: 0/ Target: Any adjacent foe
DISCRIPTION: The user exales a freezing breath that frozens the opponent.
DETAILS: NONE

Stealth Rock - Sure.

Crashing Wave - It's a Scald that hits every adjacent Pokémon that has a 10% chance of confusing instead of a 30% chance of burning. I don't think that the "penalties" of being a sound-based move and the lower secondary effect chance are enough to warrant the move being able to hit all adjacent foes with its current power/accuracy/PP numbers.

Winter Snow - It's been mentioned before, but freeze is the most lethal status ailment. It doesn't allow the foe afflicted with it to reciprocate or retaliate in any way. Having said that, the chance of freezing a foe would have to be 30% at the very most, and even that's stretching the chances a lot already.

Move: Absorbtion : Absorbs surrounding water to restore health.
Type: Water

Move: Sting: Injects a poison that paralyzes the enemy(well, it is a ray...though maybe not a sting ray).
In Detail: Paralyzes enemies.
Power: ---
Accuracy: 100
Type: Poison

What do you guys think of these? This could make Mantine a check to Thundurus-T, since it could paralyze it while still taking an electric attack, and could handle landy pretty well when SR isn't on the field.

Water Barrier - So does it defend against the first move of any type used against the Pokémon with Water Barrier, or does it defend against the first move of each type that the Pokémon with Water Barrier is weak against? The former makes it much like the Type Bits that I mentioned before in this thread (search for them if you'd like), but the latter would be extremely broken.

Absorption - It seems alright. With the viability that weather has now, it'd surely see a lot of use. It'd probably be strictly better than Recover for Pokémon like Starmie and Milotic in the rain.

Sting - Flavorful. The type doesn't match the effect much, but I think that this move could stretch the standards a little.

Hypnosis's accuracy is increased to 85% now!

New Item: Catch Claw

Description: When held, the opponent can't U-Turn/Volt Switch for one turn

Yeah not my best creation

Hypnosis - I'd probably make it the same accuracy as Sleep Powder, so that Pokémon without access to one could at least use the other one as an alternative.

Catch Claw - When does this item trigger? Did you intend for the item to be used up when the foe uses U-Turn or Volt Switch on the holder, preventing them from switching after using it? Because if so, it seems like a really neat item.

New Moves:

Deep Breath
Normal
raisies acc 2 stages.

Sniper Shot
Steel

Deep Breath - Are there any moves that solely increase the user's Accuracy by one stage? Either way, this move seems pretty viable, especially with the use of Compoundeyes and such on some Pokémon.

Sniper Shot - 150 power is extremely powerful. The massive accuracy drop isn't enough to warrant that sort of base power. For the move to be able to inflict double damage on Steel-types is very broken. As for the damage type, physical is fine.

crystal gem
special rock
90 power never misses

A Rock-type Aura Sphere. Because of the type matchups that Rock has, I can't imagine this having as much of a use as Aura Sphere does, but it's alright, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.