• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Doom Desire and Future Sight take two turns to set up and have significantly less base power. Also, having "--" accuracy would mean that this move cannot miss if it would hit the foe, unlike Future Sight or Doom Desire.

Having said that, the base power would have to change... a lot.

But it works differently as Grenade Tag has another catch to it, having no affect if the opponent switches.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
which is why its easily avoidable, unless full hazards are up and you've been switching a lot. i compare it more to yawn, then to doom desire/future sight.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
A new move and an ability to go along with it!

New Move: Drop Off

Type:
NormalIC_Big.png
/ Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon and Self / Category:
other.png
/ Priority: 0
"The user removes secondary typing of the target"

-This Move can be used on yourself as well. The effects last until the target is switched out

Example:
Turn 1: Ferrothorn used Drop Off on self, Ferrothorns Type becomes Grass, Camerupt used Fire Blast, it only does 2x damage because of Ferrothorns lack of a Steel Typing, Turn End.

Second-Rate
"Ignores secondary typing"

-So basically it ignores the secondary type of a Pokemon

Example:
Turn 1: Vanilluxe used Ice Beam on Reshiram, it hits for super effective damage because it ignored Reshirams Fire Typing, Reshiram uses move, Turn End.

Ferrin

Easily Lost
ice punch and night slash are weavile;461;'s most powerful physical stab moves. 70damage plus stab = 105damage.i think they should create a physical ice and dark move that is 90-95 damage. then it's 95 + stab = 142.5

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
But it works differently as Grenade Tag has another catch to it, having no affect if the opponent switches.

With Future Sight, the trainer of the affected target can switch out to a Pokémon that is immune to Psychic-type moves (a Dark-type Pokémon).

An easy way to abuse Grenade Tag would be to Mean Look beforehand so that the target wouldn't be able to switch, then use Grenade Tag. I don't think that Grenade Tag should have that much power because it's part of a combo that's so easy to set up, but that's just me.

Type:
NormalIC_Big.png
/ Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon and Self / Category:
other.png

-This Move can be used on yourself as well. The effects last until the target is switched out

Example:
Turn 1: Ferrothorn used Drop Off on self, Ferrothorns Type becomes Grass, Camerupt used Fire Blast, it only does 2x damage because of Ferrothorns lack of a Steel Typing, Turn End.

Second-Rate

Example:
Turn 1: Vanilluxe used Ice Beam on Reshiram, it hits for super effective damage because it ignored Reshirams Fire Typing, Reshiram uses move, Turn End.

Yay! Someone else wants my Ignorant to be implemented! :)

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Oops! hahaha my bad. sorry I didn't remember all the posts from back then :p Yeah but ignorant sounds much better as a name.

Hey at least my move Drop Off is original...I think lol so what do you think of that?

Yeah, I'd very much agree that having a move equivalent would be good, too.

The only thing bad about it is that not all abilities should have a move variant, and not all moves should have an ability variant. It makes the moves and abilities less unique to me.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
A new move and an ability to go along with it!

Type:
NormalIC_Big.png
other.png

Example:

Second-Rate

Example:

I think this is a little bit too complicated, since there's no telling whether a pokemon is Type A or Type B. Is Omaster Water or Rock? Is Weavile Ice or Dark? I mean you can tell that Rhyperior looks heavy and Cherrim is not, in the weight mechanic of Grass Knot and Low Kick, but there's no telling for some which one is the primary type. Also, does it affect STAB? If it does, it would seriously hurt ._. And also, losing a secondary typing, in Ferrothorn's case, leaves in in fear of bug, poison, ice, flying , which the steel typing help removed.

Anyways, here's mine:

Shocker (Stunfisk)
- Damage x1.5 if foe is paralysed.
Eg: A T-Tar who is paralysed, will take more damage from Shocker Stunfisk's Scald, than compared if it is not paralysed.
Turn 1: Tyranitar uses Crunch, Stunfisk uses Scald, it does A damage! End Turn
Turn 2: Tyranitar uses Crunch, Stunfisk uses Thunder Wave. End Turn
Turn 3: Stunfisk uses Scald, it does 1.5A damage. Tyranitar is paralysed, it can't move! End Turn

Bypasser (Weavile, Sneasel)
"Bypasses type resistance"
- Does 33% more damage if the foe resists the attack
Let us consider both Sneasels are at the same level, EV trained, IV, nature, item but different nature: Sneasel A has Inner Focus while Sneasel B has Bypasser
Sneasel A uses Faint Attack, it does 100 damage on Ferroseed.
Sneasel B uses Faint Attack, it does 133 damage on Ferroseed.
Ferroseed resists dark type moves, so the attacks will do 33% more compared to a non-Bypasser sneasel. And no, those examples aren't real calculations, just an example

Meh. How?

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I think this is a little bit too complicated, since there's no telling whether a pokemon is Type A or Type B. Is Omaster Water or Rock? Is Weavile Ice or Dark? I mean you can tell that Rhyperior looks heavy and Cherrim is not, in the weight mechanic of Grass Knot and Low Kick, but there's no telling for some which one is the primary type. Also, does it affect STAB? If it does, it would seriously hurt ._. And also, losing a secondary typing, in Ferrothorn's case, leaves in in fear of bug, poison, ice, flying , which the steel typing help removed.

But there is a way to find out whether Omastar would be Rock or Water, based on its type order. It's basically just like memorizing the types of a Pokémon, except with the additional need to memorize its type order as well.

Anyways, here's mine:

Shocker (Stunfisk)
- Damage x1.5 if foe is paralysed.
Eg: A T-Tar who is paralysed, will take more damage from Shocker Stunfisk's Scald, than compared if it is not paralysed.
Turn 1: Tyranitar uses Crunch, Stunfisk uses Scald, it does A damage! End Turn
Turn 2: Tyranitar uses Crunch, Stunfisk uses Thunder Wave. End Turn
Turn 3: Stunfisk uses Scald, it does 1.5A damage. Tyranitar is paralysed, it can't move! End Turn

Bypasser (Weavile, Sneasel)
"Bypasses type resistance"
- Does 33% more damage if the foe resists the attack
Let us consider both Sneasels are at the same level, EV trained, IV, nature, item but different nature: Sneasel A has Inner Focus while Sneasel B has Bypasser
Sneasel A uses Faint Attack, it does 100 damage on Ferroseed.
Sneasel B uses Faint Attack, it does 133 damage on Ferroseed.
Ferroseed resists dark type moves, so the attacks will do 33% more compared to a non-Bypasser sneasel. And no, those examples aren't real calculations, just an example

Meh. How?

Shocker - Seems alright. Base power and accuracy would be needed to evaluate the move, though.

Bypasser - Same with this one. But wouldn't "Bypasser" imply that it would always do at least 1x damage unless the target is immune?

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
But there is a way to find out whether Omastar would be Rock or Water, based on its type order. It's basically just like memorizing the types of a Pokémon, except with the additional need to memorize its type order as well.

Shocker - Seems alright. Base power and accuracy would be needed to evaluate the move, though.

Bypasser - Same with this one. But wouldn't "Bypasser" imply that it would always do at least 1x damage unless the target is immune?

Oops sorry for being unclear. They are abilities.

And memorising the pokemon's primary typing/secondary typing is not as easy to tell as say, weight mechanic, where Golem looks heavy while Pikachu looks light on its feet.

Fly

Type: Flying Power: 75 Accuracy: 95% PP: 15 Damage: Physical

Previous specs:
Power 90 / Accuracy 95% / PP 15 (HM, no flinch, 2 turn move unless holding Power Herb)

+ 15% chance to flinch
+ Fly becomes a 1 turn move
+ Gust/Twister/Thunder/Sky Uppercut/Smack Down do double damage on the turn Fly is used
+ Can't be used while Gravity is active
+ HM move (User can Fly to desired location)

My ideal version of the move Fly. It would make Fly more useful in battle and would possibly make it see more competitive play. It also makes it a physical form of Air Slash which is probably my favorite Flying-type move.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Fly

Previous specs:
Power 90 / Accuracy 95% / PP 15 (HM, no flinch, 2 turn move unless holding Power Herb)

+ 15% chance to flinch
+ Gust/Twister/Thunder/Sky Uppercut/Smack Down do double damage on the turn Fly is used

My ideal version of the move Fly. It would make Fly more useful in battle and would possibly make it see more competitive play. It also makes it a physical form of Air Slash which is probably my favorite Flying-type move.
Brave Bird, everything!

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~

It's really not. Omastar would be Rock/Water, meaning Water is its secondary Type so it would lose Water and just become a Rock Type. Corsola on the other hand is a Water/Rock Type, meaning Rock is it's secondary Type so it would just become a Water Type.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Oops sorry for being unclear. They are abilities.

And memorising the pokemon's primary typing/secondary typing is not as easy to tell as say, weight mechanic, where Golem looks heavy while Pikachu looks light on its feet.

There are some Pokémon whose types can't really be discerned from their looks. Similarly, there are some Pokémon whose order of types can't really be discerned from their looks, either.

Fly

Previous specs:

+ 15% chance to flinch

I wouldn't mind having Fly be upgraded to this. However, I'd be a bit skeptical about Air Slash's popularity if this were to be Fly's new effect.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
It's really not. Omastar would be Rock/Water, meaning Water is its secondary Type so it would lose Water and just become a Rock Type. Corsola on the other hand is a Water/Rock Type, meaning Rock is it's secondary Type so it would just become a Water Type.

But what makes Omaster Rock not water? And what makes Corsola Water not Rock? How about stuff like Rhyperior? Is it rock or ground? And Golem? Rock or Ground? How about Onix, rock or ground?

I think it should just be changed to dropping a random typing, because second typings are seriously hard to tell.

Attacks
Aura Crash (Fighting)
PP: 15/Power: 60/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Foe
The user crashes its hand into the foe, and may* disable a random move of the foe. Can only disable up to two moves on one foe.
- *30%

Peck Split (Flying)
PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Priority: 0/Target: Self
Weaken beak related moves by 2/3, but triples number of hits of certain beak related moves*.
- *Does not include Fury Attack, so no 15 hit Fury Attack for ya.
- Exclusive to Dodrio.
- The second/third hit does not toggle physical-hit abilities like Effect Spore. First still do.

Mehhh

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
But what makes Omaster Rock not water? And what makes Corsola Water not Rock? How about stuff like Rhyperior? Is it rock or ground? And Golem? Rock or Ground? How about Onix, rock or ground?

I think it should just be changed to dropping a random typing, because second typings are seriously hard to tell.

That's why the players would have to memorize type order. Making Ignorant drop a random type would be even more confusing, since it wouldn't be known which type is dropped and which type is kept until an attack or move is used. With the current effect of Ignorant, it always drops the second type of the potential targets of the Pokémon with Ignorant.

Attacks
Aura Crash (Fighting)
PP: 15/Power: 60/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Foe
The user crashes its hand into the foe, and may* disable a random move of the foe. Can only disable up to two moves on one foe.
- *30%

Peck Split (Flying)
PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Priority: 0/Target: Self
Weaken beak related moves by 2/3, but triples number of hits of certain beak related moves*.
- *Does not include Fury Attack, so no 15 hit Fury Attack for ya.
- Exclusive to Dodrio.
- The second/third hit does not toggle physical-hit abilities like Effect Spore. First still do.

Mehhh

Aura Crash - I think I told someone else that 30% is a bit high of a disabling secondary effect. And even if it weren't, being able to disable two moves is extremely powerful, perhaps too much so.
Peck Split - What is a "beak-related move"? Peck, Drill Peck... I think I'm missing a few. Pluck wouldn't count, and you say Fury Attack doesn't count...

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
That's why the players would have to memorize type order. Making Ignorant drop a random type would be even more confusing, since it wouldn't be known which type is dropped and which type is kept until an attack or move is used. With the current effect of Ignorant, it always drops the second type of the potential targets of the Pokémon with Ignorant.
But dropping a random one, well, seems more viable than remembering the order. And the random one could actually be more beneficial than a selected one, making it a more unpredictable target. Either that, or it shows.

Like it would say "Ferrothorn turned into a grass type pokemon!" or "Ferrothorn turned into a steel type pokemon!" Also, ignorant on Ferry doesn't seem really viable. What is the distribution though?

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~

I'm not the not who made the Pokemon Types the way they are, you would have to talk to game freak for that. Omastar is both Rock and Water but it's primary Type(the first Type listed) is Rock, While with Corsola it's primary Type is Water and it's secondary type is Rock. The same would apply to Rhyperior , Golem and all other dual type pokemon. It's really not as confusing as you are making it out to be. The order is not that hard to remember.

But dropping a random one, well, seems more viable than remembering the order. And the random one could actually be more beneficial than a selected one, making it a more unpredictable target. Either that, or it shows.

Like it would say "Ferrothorn turned into a grass type pokemon!" or "Ferrothorn turned into a steel type pokemon!" Also, ignorant on Ferry doesn't seem really viable. What is the distribution though?

I think you've got it mixed up. Wishing Star's ability Ignorant does not change or drop the Pokemon's Type but rather ignores the second typing of dual typed Pokemon. However my move Drop off allows the user to remove the secondary typing, so if used on Ferrothorn it will no longer be Grass/Steel but just Grass.

As for dropping a random Type that is not really beneficial because it is way to unpredictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.