• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

Details: With more space to carry projectiles, multi moves attack twice.
No. That's way to OP. Icicle Spear, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, and Tail Slap are all at 25 base power already. With skill link, that turns into 125. With skill link and the saddle bag combined, that becomes 250. The same power as Explosion, except it's got practically no penalty. All of these moves also become 100 base power at worst.

Ability
name: Dragon Watch
description: All Dragon Type pokemon are on edge. They cannot switch. (will improve if bothered)
effect: traps all dragon type pokemon while this Pokemon is out.
given to: Heatran, Kyreum, Skamory, Sentret+Furret, Staraptor (anything with Keen Eye) Rayquaza, Mamoswine.

Orithan

New Item: Saddle Bag

Competitive: Multiplies the current amount of attacks by 2 when using multi hitting moves (e.g. tail slap). Sngle attacking moves do not count. Triple kick or double kick related moves still apply
Consumable or not: not consumable

How this works?

Here's a nice sample:

Technician Breloom A (w/o saddle bag) VS Technician Breloom B(w/ saddle bag) [both are facing a defensive conkeldurr for instance]

Tech breloom A used bullet seed. Hits the opponent 3 times. Conkeldurr lost 47% health
Tech breloom B used bullet seed. Hits the opponent 6 times. Conkeldurr lost 94% health

Skill link Cinccino A (w/o saddle bag) VS. Skill link Cinccino B (w/ saddle bag) [both are facing Sigylyph with +2 defense and sp.defense (cosmic power influenced)]

Skill Link Cinccino A used Tail slap. Hits the enemy five times. Sigilyph lost 35% health.

Skill Link Cinccino B used Tail slap. Hits the enemy ten times. Sigilyph lost 68-70% health.

That is just plain broken. For one, this would send Cloyster straight to Ubers and Cinccino to OU (which is, admittedly, something that I personally want to see) without much question especially in Cloyster's case. Also, this is too swingy to be non-consumable. At the most, it should increase the number of hits from moves that hit multiple times by 1. I also say to rename it to "Skill Charm" so it fits the flavour better because it also applies to moves like Dual Chop and Double Kick.

New Item:

Danmaku Card:

Flavour text: "A mysterious card of unknown origin that increases the holder's power of moves that involve projectiles by a large amount. It can only be used once."

In-depth effect: Increases the power any move involving projectiles by 1.5x once. It is consumed upon use. It's usage extends to all hits of a multi-hit attack that uses projectiles (Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, etc...).

Comments: Touhou reference, shoot me [pun not intended].

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Mew: Origin Pendant
Flavour: A strange amulet said to have been created by an ancient people in honour of the first Pokemon known to exist.
Effect: Boosts Mew's STAB to 2x. Pretty much lets you give Mew Adaptability. As it is, Psychic isn't the best offensive type in the current metagame, although it doees hit Fighting types hard.

Mewtwo: Energized Armour / Bio Armour / Hydra Armour / Molten Armour / Frozen Armour

Energized Armour
Flavour: A high tech suit of armour created for a mysterious project. The armour's metal plates are charged with electricity.
Effect: When held by Mewtwo, Electric attacks (really just Thunder and Thunderbolt) do double damage, however opposing Electric attacks are doubled too.

Organic Armour: A high tech suit of armour created for a mysterious project. The armour's metal plates are overgrown with moss.
Effect: When held by Mewtwo, Grass attacks do double damage, both his and his opponents. (The only Grass attacks Mewtwo can use are Energy Ball and I think Grass Knot)

Hydra Armour: A high tech suit of armour created for a mysterious project. The armour's metal plates always seem to be damp.
Effect: When held by Mewtwo, Water attacks do double damage, both his and his opponents. (Mewtwo would also get access to a new Water move I'll post later in the post, since his only current Water attack is Water Pulse)

Molten Armour: A high tech suit of armour created for a mysterious project. The armour's metal plates glow with heat.
Effect: When held by Mewtwo, Fire attacks do double damage, both his and his opponents.

Frozen Armour: A high tech suit of armour created for a mysterious project. The armour's metal plates are covered in frost.
Effect: When held by Mewtwo, Ice attacks do double damage, both his and his opponents.

Articuno: Frost Shield
Flavour: An icy shield created by a powerful bird said to summon blizzards.
Effect: When held by Articuno, Rock attacks do .25 damage (neutral damage) when Articuno is at full health.

Zapdos: Thunderband
Flavour: An electrifying headband created by a powerful bird said to summon thunderstorms.
Effect: When held by Zapdos, Volt Absorb recovers 50% of his max HP, or Lightningrod boosts his Sp. Atk by 2 levels.

Moltres: Blaze Brand
Flavour: A flaming brand created by a powerful bird said to summon eruptions.
Effect: When held by Moltres, Fire attacks do 2x damage

Lugia: Silver Bell
Flavour: A silver bell that emits a tone like a howling hurricane.
Effect: When held by Lugia, Attack and Special Attack are increased by one level in the Rain.

Ho-oh: Golden Bell
Flavour: A golden bell that emits a tone like rustling leaves.
Effect: When held by Ho-oh, base Speed is increased by 10 during the Fall.

Suicune: Crystal Charm
Flavour: A mysterious crystal with the power to purify water.
Effect: When held by Suicune, recovers 12.5% of his max HP per turn during the Rain. (Welcome back, CroCune)

Raikou: Magnet Charm
Flavour: A mysterious magnetic stone that faintly smells of ozone.
Effect: An item for Raikou that causes his Thunder to leech health. When Raikou successfully uses Thunder, he recovers 1/8th of the damage dealt.

Entei: Obsidian Charm
Flavour: A mysterious piece of obsidian that glows like lava.
Effect: When held by Entei, recovers 12.5% of his maximum HP per turn in the Sun.

Celebi: Temporal Gemstone
Flavour: A mysterious gemstone said to be from another place in time.
Effect: When held by Celebi, a single opposing priority move is nullified. This includes Pursuit when Celebi switches out.

Regirock, Regice, Registeel, and Regigigas: King's Crest

King's Crest
Flavour: A crown worn by a king long before man set foot upon the planet.
Effect: When held by one of the Regi trio or Regigigas, their STAB becomes 2x instead of 1.5x. Regigigas can use it but he also has his own custom item.

Latios and Latias already have the Soul Dew.

Rayquaza: Green Orb
Flavour: A brilliant emerald orb that balances the Red and Blue orb.
Effect: When held by Rayquaza, permanently dispels weather when he enters the battlefield.

Groudon: Red Orb
Flavour: A brilliant ruby orb that becalms Groudon.
Effect: When held, Groudon is immune to primary statuses. It can still be afflicted with secondary statuses like Confusion and Infatuation.

Kyorge: Red Orb
Flavour: A brilliant sapphire orb that becalms Kyogre.
Effect: When held, Kyogre is immune to primary statuses.

Jirachi: Wish Token
Flavour: A golden star-shaped token received from Jirachi. (Item is held by Jirachi, either as an event or in-game)
Effect: When held, if Jirachi survives an attack with under 10% HP, it is instantly healed to max HP. This item is only usable once per battle, like a Focus Sash. Additionally, it does not guarantee Jirachi will survive the attack.

Deoxys: Extraterrestrial Pathogen
Flavour: An odd strain of virus with no earthly origin.
Effect: An item for Deoxys. The effect varies with the forme;
Normal forme: All stats are increasted by 10%.
Defense forme: Defense and Special Defense are increased by 25%
Attack forme: Attack and Special Attack are increased by 25%
Speed forme: I'm not sure yet, still working on this.

Uxie: Tome of Knowledge
Flavour: An ancient book said to contain the secrets of the world. However, if read by mortal eyes, it destroys one's memories.
Effect: An item for Uxie. When an opponent hits Uxie with a super-effective move, it gets the Torment sub-status.

Mesprit: Ardent Bangle
Flavour: An ancient bracelet said to give the wearer control over other's emotions. However, if worn by mortal hands, it destroys one's soul.
Effect: An item for Mesprit. If hit by an ally, it recovers 10% of it's maximum health after the attack. (The attack still deals normal damage)

Azelf: Nerve Band
Flavour: An ancient band said to contain the power to manipulate one's will. However, if worn by a mortal, it drives one insane.
Effect: When held by Azelf, it becomes immune to moves that cause confusion as well as things like Taunt and Torment. Moves that deal damage AND cause confusion like Water Pulse still do damage, but cannot cause confusion.

Name: Martial Artist
Effect: Gives an immunity to Fighting moves, and when target by a Fighting move, its own Fighting-typed moves get 1.5x power. Pretty much a Fighting-type Flash Fire clone.
Distribution: I'd give it to mostly Fighting types.

Name: Non-Conformity
Effect: Taunt, Torment, Mimic, Copycat, Sketch, Me First, Attract, Captivate, Destiny Bond, Helping Hand, Encore, Follow Me, and whatever other similar attacks I forgot have no effect on this Pokemon.
Distribution: Give it to intelligent Pokemon like Alakazam and maybe the 3 Spirits through the Dream World.

Since your item descriptions are in a spoiler, I'll post my comments in a spoiler as well:
[spoil]Origin Pendant (Mew) - Fine.

Mewtwo's Armors - A bit too much on the swingy side for my taste, as teams can often times be built around the enhanced type, and the drawback doesn't really apply since the foe has no suspicion of what Armor Mewtwo is holding until either the Mewtwo or a Pokémon receives a hit. Fine design-wise, though.

Frost Shield (Articuno) - I don't really see why it affects only Rock-type moves, even in the context of a Pokémon that's 4x weak to Rock. If at all, it should decrease the damage by 33% or 50% and applied to all types that are super-effective against it or something.

Thunderband (Zapdos) - Hmm... while the item seems pretty well-made, it would be pretty cool if a Zapdos holding this that is hit with an Electric-type move received both Volt Absorb's 25% HP restoration as well as Lightningrod's Sp. Atk boost.

Blaze Brand (Moltres) - Ouch... STAB triples the damage done by a move instead of only multiplying it by 1.5. Even if it's just Fire-type moves, it would make Moltres be able to pretty much annihilate anything that doesn't resist it. It could use some toning down.

Silver Bell (Lugia) - Fine.

Golden Bell (Ho-oh) - Other than the fact that seasons have no mechanical effect whatsoever in battle, fine.

Crystal Charm (Suicune) - Giving up the more consistent Leftovers for this seems fine. Especially since there are no benefits if rain isn't the active weather effect.

Magnet Charm (Raikou) - It would probably be better if it applied to all Electric-type moves. Personally, I don't like mechanics that are tailored toward only one or two moves. And besides, it would make Discharge more useful for Raikou in Doubles and Triples.

Obsidian Charm (Entei) - Same as Crystal Charm.

Temporal Gemstone (Celebi) - Pursuit isn't a priority move. Rather, the move triggers execution upon switching out, which is different. But either way, I think it's pretty cool, and fits within flavor, too.

King's Crest (Regis) - Sure.

Green Orb (Rayquaza) - The item itself is perfect. However, I always wanted Air Lock to have the effect that your proposed Green Orb had anyway.

Red Orb (Groudon) - I guess. Either what you have now or a Wonder Skin effect (50% immunity) both work.

Blue Orb (Kyogre) - See Red Orb.

Wish Token (Jirachi) - While the item itself seems alright, I don't know whether or not it's too weak. Does it only trigger if it's damaged from full HP down to 10% or less, or from any amount of HP to down to 10% or less HP?

Extraterrestrial Pathogen (Deoxys) -
> Normal Forme: Sure. Note that this shouldn't affect HP, though, due to interactions between remaining and maximum HP with mechanics like Recover, Super Fang, and Leftovers.
> Defense Forme: I'm not that sure about this, only because the Choice items increase one stat by 50% (which, design-wise, would be equivalent to a 25% boost in each of two stats). And the Choice items have a drawback, whereas this wouldn't.
> Attack Forme: Same as the Defense Forme's comment.
> Speed Forme: Err... a Speed increase of about 30%, I guess? Not like it's really that needed, though, since it is pretty much the fastest Pokémon. Maybe a Prankster effect on an item? No wait... it's already fast enough to perform set-up moves without the added priority. This really is a hard one.

Tome of Knowledge (Uxie) - Sure. I believe the torment wouldn't affect the move next executed, though, since the move that triggered the torment was before the torment actually existed.

Ardent Bangle (Mesprit) - For some reason, this item seems extremely weak to me. It's really only usable in Doubles and Triples, and moves that hit all adjacent Pokémon aren't really used that often either (barring Earthquake).

Nerve Band (Azelf) - Fine. It would also block Imprison, but I figured that'd be a given.[/spoil]

Martial Artist - Design-wise, it's alright. But I agree that Fighting-type Pokémon don't really need a buff (or a hindrance, in the case of the Pokémon that triggers the ability).

Non-Conformity - Pretty neat. I'm not sure why Mimic, Copycat, and Sketch are on the list, though, since those three don't actually require the target to "do" anything.

New Item: Saddle Bag

Competitive: Multiplies the current amount of attacks by 2 when using multi hitting moves (e.g. tail slap). Sngle attacking moves do not count. Triple kick or double kick related moves still apply
Consumable or not: not consumable

I agree with what has already been said. A 250-power Tail Slap from Cinccino (375 effective with STAB, and 318.75 effective after factoring in accuracy) with no other drawback is way too good.

McDanger

I would like to see haxorus get a physical fire move, like flare blitz or a new move, its usage would go up i think as it would have unresisted coverage but it may go ubers then

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Item: Steady Bracelet.
Description: With a steady target, the user's multi-hitting moves power up.
Detailed competitive: Increases the power of multi-hitting moves by 30-50% but weakens the user's defense and sp. defense in return. So its like a choice band that will make you more vulnerable to priority.
Inspiration: From Modern Military Snipers

Who currently benefits:
Breloom, Cinccino, Cloyster, and possibly twin needle users.

New attack: Iron dusts
How it acts: Like a 2-5 multi hitting steel type attack.
How it's done: The user scatters sharp shrapnels of metal to the enemy

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I would like to see haxorus get a physical fire move, like flare blitz or a new move, its usage would go up i think as it would have unresisted coverage but it may go ubers then

He gets Fire Punch I think. Flare Blitz wouldn't make much sense though.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Ability
name: Dragon Watch
description: All Dragon Type pokemon are on edge. They cannot switch. (will improve if bothered)
effect: traps all dragon type pokemon while this Pokemon is out.
given to: Heatran, Kyreum, Skamory, Sentret+Furret, Staraptor (anything with Keen Eye) Rayquaza, Mamoswine.

So a Dragon-type Magnet Pull? Sure, I guess. I don't really get why Heatran and Kyurem would have it, though. Mamoswine is a bit of a stretch too, but I could see how it potentially could have it.

New Item:
Danmaku Card:
Flavour text: "A mysterious card of unknown origin that increases the holder's power of moves that involve projectiles by a large amount. It can only be used once."
In-depth effect: Increases the power any move involving projectiles by 1.5x once. It is consumed upon use. It's usage extends to all hits of a multi-hit attack that uses projectiles (Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, etc...).
Comments: Touhou reference, shoot me [pun not intended].

What moves are classified as "projectile" moves? Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, Bullet Seed, Barrage... Egg Bomb? Bonemerang?
I guess it's fine, though, given that you can only use it once.

Detailed competitive: Increases the power of multi-hitting moves by 30-50% but weakens the user's defense and sp. defense in return. So its like a choice band that will make you more vulnerable to priority.

Who currently benefits:

Steady Bracelet - I like this. The fact that it only benefits a small portion of Pokémon it makes up with the penalty adversely affecting only those Pokémon as well.

Iron Dusts - What's the power, accuracy, and PP of this move?

New Berry: Jifi Berry

Description: weakens the power of priority moves for one turn.

It's all been about priority and multi-hit moves for the past few days, huh? Not that I mind. :)

Anyway, it's pretty good. I normally would say that it should only apply for the actual move that triggers the activation of the item, but since most priority moves are pretty weak anyway, compounded with the fact that pretty much only one priority move is used per turn anyway, I think it's fine as it is.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

Who currently benefits:

Steady Bracelet seems okay, but IMO Iron Dusts needs a new name. Steel Shard? Shrapnel Shot? Scattershot? I dunno, I'm terrible at making names too.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Flame Sweep
Physical
Fire
90BP
95Acc

The user swings a flame coated tail at the target. 10% chance for Flinch or Burn

A nice Fire attack to give Pokemon with tails, but the inability to have fists.

Notable Pokemon to recieve it: Flareon, Haxorus

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Since you guys want more details .. okay

New attack: Shrapnel shot (suggested by Retribution)
Power: 25-30
Accuracy: 95
PP: 15

New Item: Sturdy Helmet
Use: ups the power of head attacks.
Detailed. Powers up moves like Iron head, Head Smash, Zen Headbutt, and Headbutt by 40-60%. Only attacks that involved by head butting others. nything where the name head is expressed.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Long time no post

New Attack
Scatter Shot (Fire)
PP: 15/Power: 50/Accuracy: 90/Category: Physical/Target: Single Adjacent Foe
The user shoots out five blazing cannon balls at the foe, but lowers speed, defense, special defensive and accuracy.
- It's a 250 BP move, breaks through sub, but has a penalty in lowering of lowering a lot of stats, which equal to switch.

Changed Attack
Rock Smash: Does double the damage on rock types. (so 100BP against rocks before STAB)

willda

Fire starter
A speed version of life orb or muscle band, called wing shoes/air shoes boost speed by 10%/30% at the cost of def or hp

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
No need to tack on a cost if it's like Muscle Band or Wise Glasses.

I'd also like defense variations of those items.

Also here's a thought.

What about new Natures?

Like a nature that boosts both Attack and Defense while lowering SpAttack and SpDefense? The boost and reduction to each stat would be half of what a singular nature boost is. (so if Adamant gives a 50% attack boost and 50% SpAttack drop, Confident would give a 25% Attack and Special Attack boost while a 25% Defense and SpDefense drop)

The natures that effect an offensive stat and speed would be useful, as well as one that boosts both attack stats for mixed sweepers.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
No need to tack on a cost if it's like Muscle Band or Wise Glasses.

I'd also like defense variations of those items.

Also here's a thought.

What about new Natures?

Like a nature that boosts both Attack and Defense while lowering SpAttack and SpDefense? The boost and reduction to each stat would be half of what a singular nature boost is. (so if Adamant gives a 50% attack boost and 50% SpAttack drop, Confident would give a 25% Attack and Special Attack boost while a 25% Defense and SpDefense drop)

The natures that effect an offensive stat and speed would be useful, as well as one that boosts both attack stats for mixed sweepers.

Might be a bit over the top. Then we'd need nearly 100 different natures...

New Attack
Scatter Shot (Fire)
PP: 15/Power: 50/Accuracy: 90/Category: Physical/Target: Single Adjacent Foe
The user shoots out five blazing cannon balls at the foe, but lowers speed, defense, special defensive and accuracy.
- It's a 250 BP move, breaks through sub, but has a penalty in lowering of lowering a lot of stats, which equal to switch.

Whoa. WHOA. So White Herb = two nearly guaranteed kills? I don't think so. ._.

Not to mention this + U-Turn/Volt Switch = Death. Lots and lots of death.

Actually, what if this move trapped the user, stopping it from switching out for a few turns? Then it wouldn't be so overpowered, because it'd be easy to revengekill.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I'd rather make Scatter shot a 100 BP move that hits all targets while lowering Acc. since the Pokemon doesn't need it when firing shots randomly into the sky.

Orithan

What moves are classified as "projectile" moves? Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, Bullet Seed, Barrage... Egg Bomb? Bonemerang?
I guess it's fine, though, given that you can only use it once.
I'll bring up the list of moves it affects in a spoiler tag:
  • Barrage (Normal type).
  • Egg Bomb (Normal type).
  • Judgement (Any type).
  • Pay Day (Normal type).
  • Spike Cannon (Normal type).
  • Swift (Normal type).
  • Weather Ball (Any type).
  • Flame Burst (Fire type).
  • Bubble (Water type).
  • Bubblebeam (Water type).
  • Octozooka (Water type).
  • Water Pulse (Water type).
  • Bullet Seed (Grass type).
  • Energy Ball (Grass type).
  • Magical Leaf (Grass type).
  • Razor Leaf (Grass type).
  • Seed Bomb (Grass type).
  • Electro Ball (Electric type).
  • Zap Cannon (Electric type).
  • Ice Shard (Ice type).
  • Icicle Cannon (Ice type).
  • Aura Sphere (Fighting type).
  • Focus Blast (Fighting type).
  • Vacuum Wave (Fighting type).
  • Clear Smog (Poison type).
  • Gunk Shot (Poison type).
  • Sludge (Poison type).
  • Sludge Bomb (Poison type).
  • Bonemerang (Ground type).
  • Mud Bomb (Ground type).
  • Mud Shot (Ground type).
  • Pin Missile (Bug type).
  • Power Gem (Rock type).
  • Rock Blast (Rock type).
  • Rock Slide (Rock type).
  • Rock Throw (Rock type).
  • Rock Tomb (Rock type).
  • Rock Wrecker (Rock type).
  • Smack Down (Rock type).
  • Shadow Ball (Ghost type).
  • Dragon Pulse (Dragon type).
  • Flash Cannon (Steel type).
  • Gear Grind (Steel type).
  • Magnet Bomb (Steel type).
  • Fling (Dark type).
  • Night Daze (Dark type).

Oh what the heck, I'm including an ability that works with projectiles.

New ability:

Marksman:

Flavour text: "Projectile-based moves become stronger."

In-depth effect: Any projectile moves gain a 1.33x boost in power.

Notable users: Breloom, Lucario.

Edit: Notes: Because I made an item that activates when using projectile-based moves, I should make an ability that does that too. No Touhou reference this time!

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I'm gonna jack your style orithan

New ability; Indecisive

Flavor Text; "This Pokemon has difficulty making choices and often panicks."

In depth effect; When using a choice item the user only gets 1.3x the boost, however it can use any attacking move it wants. Note: while holding a choice item, the user cannot use any non direct damaging moves.

Notable users: undecided as of now, mostly sweepers of course.

So I wasn't sure if dropping the boost of choice items to 1.4 instead of 1.3 would be broken, but this is kinda like a recoiless life orb or speed boost so it's kinda fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.