• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Miasma Pulse - Sure.

Blight Dart - It could be physical, as the dart is fired from the user's body with its physical force. Otherwise, it's alright.

Corruption -
1) The effect is rather unique, and it's fine to badly poison more than one Pokémon at a time. However, it shouldn't affect non-adjacent Pokémon for the same reason that Sludge Wave doesn't.
2) The type-switching to Normal seems a bit odd, as does the automatic failure if the user is not a Poison-type. The two are just for balance issues to prevent the Pokémon using Corruption from dominating the field in case the opponent switches out and you try to use Corruption on every single Pokémon they have. But if so many limitations have to be put on a move just to keep it balanced, it probably does too much.
3) The problem then becomes the fact that if the type-switching and automatic failure drawbacks were gotten rid of, this move would be strictly better than Toxic. An easy fix would be that the less PP it has, the more chances the move has of not connecting. For example, at 100% PP (5/5 or 8/8 when the player selects the move), it would have 80% accuracy, then it would decrease by 10% for every 12.5% of the maximum PP of the move that's used up, rounded down.

Yeah, you're right, the type switching does seem a little awkward. I don't really know a good way to remedy that either. Also, yeah, it should only affect adjacent Pokemon in triple battles.

The flavour behind changing the user's type would be that it uses all the poison in its body for the attack, but that makes no sense, especially on Pokemon like Grimer that are essentially made of poison. Other than that, yes, it was just for balance purposes to prevent spamming it alongside a Poison or Steel typed partner with a phazing move.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
The flavour behind changing the user's type would be that it uses all the poison in its body for the attack, but that makes no sense, especially on Pokemon like Grimer that are essentially made of poison. Other than that, yes, it was just for balance purposes to prevent spamming it alongside a Poison or Steel typed partner with a phazing move.

If the main purpose of that type-changing business is to make it so that the move can essentially only be used once per switch-in, then you could always just change the drawback to make it only usable once per switch-in instead of that confusing type-changing stuff. Some of the intended flavor is lost, yeah, but you could always justify it by saying that the Pokémon needs to "recharge its body" of its poison before it can use Corruption again.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Clear Sky - Wouldn't Sunny Day already make the sky clear and let the sun shine through? Anyway, I think increasing the Accuracy of so many types of moves could be more detrimental to the user of Clear Sky rather than beneficial.

Eyeglass Patch - Sure. I made an item like this awhile back, though it didn't perfect the Accuracy of those moves. Making it Cinccino-only is okay.

Cloud Nine - It's fine, but I'd rather have a non-Uber weather cancelling ability. Again, it would probably be more detrimental to Pokémon with this ability rather than helpful.

Smoke Ball - A counterpart to the Damp Rock is fine by me.

At least my exclusive Item works.

As for the weather, while it is detrimental to both corners, ONLY Normal and Flying type moves benefit on Clear sky.I think of Clear sky as a cloudy day of weather kind. Not so sun shining in other words. And only two moves in the entire game gain benefits from clear sky: a 1 stage power bonus.

That means Electric, Fire, Water, Rock, and Ice type moves get the accuracy loss. If you are concerned about the other types not mentioned (Dragon, Steel, Ground, Bug, Ghost, etc), they do not gain or lose anything since Clear sky is a move I had as an idea not only to deal with a weather team's guarded weather. But also penalize their corresponding types. Though I don't know I should include the Grass, Steel, and Ground types to get the penalty. Most of the time in a weather team, there are pokemon that benefit from the weather despite the type differences. Abilities are not included (Magic guard users, etc)

Like Scizor and Jirachi gaining the extra defense against fire moves in the Rain, Terrakion and Landorus getting a SP. def. and Sand force bonus in Sandstorm, etc.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
As for the weather, while it is detrimental to both corners, ONLY Normal and Flying type moves benefit on Clear sky.I think of Clear sky as a cloudy day of weather kind. Not so sun shining in other words. And only two moves in the entire game gain benefits from clear sky: a 1 stage power bonus.

That means Electric, Fire, Water, Rock, and Ice type moves get the accuracy loss. If you are concerned about the other types not mentioned (Dragon, Steel, Ground, Bug, Ghost, etc), they do not gain or lose anything since Clear sky is a move I had as an idea not only to deal with a weather team's guarded weather. But also penalize their corresponding types. Though I don't know I should include the Grass, Steel, and Ground types to get the penalty. Most of the time in a weather team, there are pokemon that benefit from the weather despite the type differences. Abilities are not included (Magic guard users, etc)

Like Scizor and Jirachi gaining the extra defense against fire moves in the Rain, Terrakion and Landorus getting a SP. def. and Sand force bonus in Sandstorm, etc.

I could've sworn that you said that the accuracy of Electric-, Fire-, Water-, Rock-, and Ice-type moves would increase instead of decrease. Anyway, what would you do if a new weather came out? You can't just say, "Oh, this weather is built solely to counter other weather types, so if the new weather benefited Psychic-type moves, I would put Psychic on the list of types whose accuracy is lowered by one stage."

Unfortunately, I can see this move being banned if only for the accuracy drop of so many moves. Yes, you can just probably use other weather moves, but it can't be assumed that every single team that utilizes those types out there will run a weather move. If it just so happens that a team doesn't run a weather move against this, their chances of winning are probably jeopardized.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Fog Bank
Type: Flying
Category: Other
Power: ---
Accuracy: ---
PP: 5/8
Flavour: The user summons a rolling fog bank. The fog obscures the vision of all Pokemon except Flying and Psychic types for 5 turns.
Effect: Summons the Fog weather condition. Fog will no longer lower the accuracy of Flying and Psychic types, being as Flying types live in the sky, and are naturally adapted to deal with cloud banks and storms, and Psychic types can use their extrasensory powers to locate opponents. Selfdestruct, Explosion, and the ability Aftermath will not work during fog. This move will get a weather rock (Mist Stone), and may get an autostarting ability. Maybe. I dunno.

Distribution: Most Flying types, some Psychic and Water types.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Fog Bank
Type: Flying
Category: Other
Power: ---
Accuracy: ---
PP: 5/8
Flavour: The user summons a rolling fog bank. The fog obscures the vision of all Pokemon except Flying and Psychic types for 5 turns.
Effect: Summons the Fog weather condition. Fog will no longer lower the accuracy of Flying and Psychic types, being as Flying types live in the sky, and are naturally adapted to deal with cloud banks and storms, and Psychic types can use their extrasensory powers to locate opponents. Selfdestruct, Explosion, and the ability Aftermath will not work during fog. This move will get a weather rock (Mist Stone), and may get an autostarting ability. Maybe. I dunno.

Distribution: Most Flying types, some Psychic and Water types.

I can see Flying-type Pokémon exempt from the detriment. The Psychic-type one seems a bit of a stretch, but I can see that a bit as well. I don't understand why SelfDestruct, Explosion, and Aftermath wouldn't work, though. Just because it's foggy outside, it doesn't prevent things from exploding.

Unfortunately, to teams that have no way of stopping this weather, this move is effectively an evasiveness boost for its opponent at all times. And we all know how abusive evasiveness boosts can be. From what I can see, it barely wouldn't make it out of the ban zone because of the evasiveness boost; I already explained it, but if a team has no weather moves to deal with this weather, and their accuracy-unaffected Pokémon have already fainted, what is that team supposed to do against this?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I can see Flying-type Pokémon exempt from the detriment. The Psychic-type one seems a bit of a stretch, but I can see that a bit as well. I don't understand why SelfDestruct, Explosion, and Aftermath wouldn't work, though. Just because it's foggy outside, it doesn't prevent things from exploding.

Unfortunately, to teams that have no way of stopping this weather, this move is effectively an evasiveness boost for its opponent at all times. And we all know how abusive evasiveness boosts can be. From what I can see, it barely wouldn't make it out of the ban zone because of the evasiveness boost; I already explained it, but if a team has no weather moves to deal with this weather, and their accuracy-unaffected Pokémon have already fainted, what is that team supposed to do against this?

Isn't that basically the same argument I used against your move Bright Room, which you subsequently shot down?

Also, those moves are disabled due to the damp conditions. I thought they were in rain too but I might be mistaken.

EDIT: Never mind, that's only in PMD.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Isn't that basically the same argument I used against your move Bright Room, which you subsequently shot down?

Also, those moves are disabled due to the damp conditions. I thought they were in rain too but I might be mistaken.

EDIT: Never mind, that's only in PMD.

Bright Room has a set duration. I'm assuming that since this is a weather effect that it would have an ability that creates it indefinitely. And if so, then this weather wouldn't, which means teams that utilize this weather would only have to eliminate opposing Flying- and Psychic-type Pokémon to get rid of the majority of their problems. While it does also affect the team that uses the weather, the team that uses it would obviously be built around letting that accuracy drop affect it as little as possible.

...But on the other hand, if there is no ability used to induce this weather, then I rescind what I said about a possible ban entirely.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Bright Room has a set duration. I'm assuming that since this is a weather effect that it would have an ability that creates it indefinitely. And if so, then this weather wouldn't, which means teams that utilize this weather would only have to eliminate opposing Flying- and Psychic-type Pokémon to get rid of the majority of their problems. While it does also affect the team that uses the weather, the team that uses it would obviously be built around letting that accuracy drop affect it as little as possible.

...But on the other hand, if there is no ability used to induce this weather, then I rescind what I said about a possible ban entirely.

An autostarter ability probably would be distributed for flavour reasons (Maybe to Altaria? Altaria fits the flavour, and currently resides in NU like Politoed and Ninetales did before they got their abilities. Plus, Altaria already has a weather-related ability in Cloud Nine...), but I feel like the whole autoweather system should be overhauled anyways. As it currently stands, auto Rain, Sand, and to lesser extents Sun and Hail are broken. The entire system could use an overhaul.

I mentioned in one of my earlier posts the possibility of said abilities being canceled when the wielder faints. I feel like that would be a good place to start. A few more moves and abilities that ignore or remove weather could be added as well. Plus, some abilities need a nerf, like Chlorophyll/Sand Rush/Swift Swim should only raise Speed 1 stage, for one. Yes, an autostarter for Fog probably would be broken, especially in the current metagame, but in a way so are all the other weather abilities.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
An autostarter ability probably would be distributed for flavour reasons (Maybe to Altaria? Altaria fits the flavour, and currently resides in NU like Politoed and Ninetales did before they got their abilities. Plus, Altaria already has a weather-related ability in Cloud Nine...), but I feel like the whole autoweather system should be overhauled anyways. As it currently stands, auto Rain, Sand, and to lesser extents Sun and Hail are broken. The entire system could use an overhaul.

I mentioned in one of my earlier posts the possibility of said abilities being canceled when the wielder faints. I feel like that would be a good place to start. A few more moves and abilities that ignore or remove weather could be added as well. Plus, some abilities need a nerf, like Chlorophyll/Sand Rush/Swift Swim should only raise Speed 1 stage, for one. Yes, an autostarter for Fog probably would be broken, especially in the current metagame, but in a way so are all the other weather abilities.

If you're abiding to the change to weather-inducing abilities so that they last a limited number of turns like Rain Dance, or so that they last until the Pokémon that induced it no longer has the ability or otherwise leaves the battlefield, then sure, I guess.

One question that would result with the variant that keeps the weather until the Pokémon with the ability loses it or faints, though, is if a Drizzle Politoed is sent out on turn 2, and then a Drought Ninetales is sent out on turn 3, when the Ninetales faints, does it go back to rain or does the sun disappear? I would vote for the latter.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
If you're abiding to the change to weather-inducing abilities so that they last a limited number of turns like Rain Dance, or so that they last until the Pokémon that induced it no longer has the ability or otherwise leaves the battlefield, then sure, I guess.

One question that would result with the variant that keeps the weather until the Pokémon with the ability loses it or faints, though, is if a Drizzle Politoed is sent out on turn 2, and then a Drought Ninetales is sent out on turn 3, when the Ninetales faints, does it go back to rain or does the sun disappear? I would vote for the latter.

I'd be fine with either, as all the Politoed's trainer really has to do is recall it and send it back out (which in turn could be used by the other player to -maybe- set up for a turn, if it makes a difference in the long run).

Also, I thought maybe in order for a weather starter to summon weather, it has to stay in for at least 1 turn, meaning that weather abilities activate on the turn AFTER the Pokemon is sent out. Perhaps using Protect/Detect would reset this as well, so you'd have to actually survive an attack to set your weather up.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Also, I thought maybe in order for a weather starter to summon weather, it has to stay in for at least 1 turn, meaning that weather abilities activate on the turn AFTER the Pokemon is sent out. Perhaps using Protect/Detect would reset this as well, so you'd have to actually survive an attack to set your weather up.

I don't see any flavor reason to include the Protect/Detect counter reset thing. I'd say that having a weather-inducing ability active for as long as a Pokémon that has it is on the battlefield is fine.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I don't see any flavor reason to include the Protect/Detect counter reset thing. I'd say that having a weather-inducing ability active for as long as a Pokémon that has it is on the battlefield is fine.

That completely defeats the purpose of weather abilities outside of double battles.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
That completely defeats the purpose of weather abilities outside of double battles.

That's why there's the "active for five turns" option, too. :p

And no, if a Politoed triggered rain with its Drizzle, and that rain lasted for four turns, and it got sent out again, it wouldn't reset the timer, because you can't do that with weather moves. o:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
That's why there's the "active for five turns" option, too. :p

And no, if a Politoed triggered rain with its Drizzle, and that rain lasted for four turns, and it got sent out again, it wouldn't reset the timer, because you can't do that with weather moves. o:

Would the timer start when the Pokemon switches out or would the timer be active while the Pokemon is in battle? If it's active while the Pokemon is in battle, does it summon the weather again after 5 turns?

Also, would holding a weather rock extend that timer, similar to the weather moves?

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Would the timer start when the Pokemon switches out or would the timer be active while the Pokemon is in battle? If it's active while the Pokemon is in battle, does it summon the weather again after 5 turns?

Also, would holding a weather rock extend that timer, similar to the weather moves?

That would depend on which variant of the weather-inducing ability we're going with.

If we're going with the variant that requires the Pokémon to be on the field and have its ability (the one that you say is useless in Singles and Rotations), the timer would start when the ability triggers and would last indefinitely until the Pokémon either loses that ability or is no longer on the field.

If we're going with the five- or eight-turn one, it would start when the ability triggers and would increment for every turn passed, and would end if a Pokémon with another weather-inducing ability enters or when the five or eight turns are up, whichever comes first. In the former, a timer would start for that new weather the same way that the timer for the first weather started.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
That would depend on which variant of the weather-inducing ability we're going with.

If we're going with the variant that requires the Pokémon to be on the field and have its ability (the one that you say is useless in Singles and Rotations), the timer would start when the ability triggers and would last indefinitely until the Pokémon either loses that ability or is no longer on the field.

If we're going with the five- or eight-turn one, it would start when the ability triggers and would increment for every turn passed, and would end if a Pokémon with another weather-inducing ability enters or when the five or eight turns are up, whichever comes first. In the former, a timer would start for that new weather the same way that the timer for the first weather started.
Either would make weather pretty non-viable, but the first option would eliminate autoweather starters completely, since their teammates wouldn't be able to abuse the weather, and only Tyranitar and to a lesser extent Hippowdown have usable stats.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Either would make weather pretty non-viable, but the first option would eliminate autoweather starters completely, since their teammates wouldn't be able to abuse the weather, and only Tyranitar and to a lesser extent Hippowdown have usable stats.

Which is why I'm a big fan of the five- or eight-turn variant, of course. That would be my change if I were allowed to change it. It would give players much more motivation to keep their Drizzle Politoed alive instead of it just being a dummy lead that has no other use against a team that doesn't use weather. :)

New Item: Coercive Band
"A red band emanating with power. It forces the holding Pokémon's Ability to trigger in a pinch."
- It forces the Ability of the holding Pokémon to trigger when its HP is down to 25% or less of its maximum, if it's appropriate for them to trigger at the time the item is used up. Abilities in their current, in-game variant that work with this include Download, Drizzle, Drought, Dry Skin, Forewarn, Frisk, Healer, Ice Body, Intimidate, Moody, Poison Heal, Rain Dish, Sand Stream, Snow Warning, Speed Boost, and Trace (if it somehow still has it). In other words, it triggers any Abilities that trigger at the end of the turn or when the holder would be switched out. It doesn't go away if, for example, a Lotad with Rain Dish was holding this but it wasn't raining when it gets to 25% or less of its maximum HP.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
New Item(s): _____ Band
Frost Band: Ice
Flare Band: Fire
Aqua Band: Water
Forest Band: Grass
Toxin Band: Poison
Mineral Band: Steel
Thought Band: Psychic
Assault Band: Dark
Justice Band: Fighting
Shock Band: Electric
Ominous Band: Ghost
Draco Band: Dragon
Hover Band: Flying
Crash Band: Normal
Mud Band: Ground
Block Band: Rock
Spirit Band: Fairy
Swarm Band: Bug

Text: Increases the chance of secondary effect happening. The move used must match the band type in order to receive the boost.

The chance of secondary effects happening increases by 100% on matched type. For example, a Heatran carrying Flare Band will have its chance of secondary effect increases when using Lava Plume, increasing the burn chance from 30% to 60%, but the chance to decrease special defense from Earth Power will NOT increase, as it would require a Mud Band instead. This does not stack with Serene Grace to prevent ragequits from a 120% flinch rate Iron Head from Jirachi.

And one more...

Magic Berry
"In a pinch, the next move will activate the secondary effect."

Let's say Alakazam is at 22% of its HP, the next move, let's say Psychic, will have a guaranteed chance to lower Special Defense. Simple enough?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
New Item(s): _____ Band
Frost Band: Ice
Flare Band: Fire
Aqua Band: Water
Forest Band: Grass
Toxin Band: Poison
Mineral Band: Steel
Thought Band: Psychic
Assault Band: Dark
Justice Band: Fighting
Shock Band: Electric
Ominous Band: Ghost
Draco Band: Dragon
Hover Band: Flying
Crash Band: Normal
Mud Band: Ground
Block Band: Rock
Spirit Band: Fairy
Swarm Band: Bug

Text: Increases the chance of secondary effect happening. The move used must match the band type in order to receive the boost.

The chance of secondary effects happening increases by 100% on matched type. For example, a Heatran carrying Flare Band will have its chance of secondary effect increases when using Lava Plume, increasing the burn chance from 30% to 60%, but the chance to decrease special defense from Earth Power will NOT increase, as it would require a Mud Band instead. This does not stack with Serene Grace to prevent ragequits from a 120% flinch rate Iron Head from Jirachi.

And one more...

Magic Berry
"In a pinch, the next move will activate the secondary effect."

Let's say Alakazam is at 22% of its HP, the next move, let's say Psychic, will have a guaranteed chance to lower Special Defense. Simple enough?

Magic Berry + Ice Beam / Blizzard = broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.