• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I see plenty of stall and defensive teams, and I think this would be useful there. Good for wallbreaking as well of course, but stall teams could use it to force switches and cause even more passive damage because it applies to all damage, not just direct attacks.

The problem with making it so that indirect damage is boosted is that a lot of offensive teams also take advantage of those same sources of indirect damage.

Stealth Rock and Spikes are often set up by offensive teams to get that extra damage in and cripple foes to create easier sweeps, as well as stall teams that use things like Roar.
Poison and burn are used often to prevent the opposition from staying too long and forcing switches, as well as defensive teams that want to force switches to gain an upper defensive edge.
Sandstorm and hail damage are exploited by offensive teams that use those weather conditions, as well as more defensive-oriented teams that use those weathers to boost the survivability of their Rock- and Ice-type Pokémon.

I could see Sensory Beam affecting direct attacks, but not indirect ones, for that reason. Especially Stealth Rock. 60% HP damage for a Ho-Oh or 30% to a Lugia that's switching in is NOT fun. That 10% or 5% adds up fast.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
The problem with making it so that indirect damage is boosted is that a lot of offensive teams also take advantage of those same sources of indirect damage.

Stealth Rock and Spikes are often set up by offensive teams to get that extra damage in and cripple foes to create easier sweeps, as well as stall teams that use things like Roar.
Poison and burn are used often to prevent the opposition from staying too long and forcing switches, as well as defensive teams that want to force switches to gain an upper defensive edge.
Sandstorm and hail damage are exploited by offensive teams that use those weather conditions, as well as more defensive-oriented teams that use those weathers to boost the survivability of their Rock- and Ice-type Pokémon.

I could see Sensory Beam affecting direct attacks, but not indirect ones, for that reason. Especially Stealth Rock. 60% HP damage for a Ho-Oh or 30% to a Lugia that's switching in is NOT fun. That 10% or 5% adds up fast.

How would the damage modifier apply to entry hazards? You'd have to hit the Pokemon BEFORE it switches in. o_O

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
How would the damage modifier apply to entry hazards? You'd have to hit the Pokemon BEFORE it switches in. o_O

Right, but see, the entire idea of having all damage that a Pokémon would receive, not just from direct damage, increase by 20% is bad because of that reason.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Two new Pokemon, and part of the plot for a new region I'm designing. Still working on sprite splices.

Legemia, the Order Pokemon
11" 2', 513 pounds, Type: Normal/Rock
Experience Class: Slow
Genderless

Base stats: 120,90,150,90,150,80 = 680 BST
Signature move: Natural Order

Pokedex entry: An ancient Pokemon said to sleep beneath the surface of the Earth, bringing order and balance to the world. It banished Tumulus after a violent battle long ago.

Brief description: A giant white golem-like monster. I'm splicing pieces of Regigigas, Kyurem, Reshiram, and a few other Pokemon to make the sprite. I'll post it if I like the results when I'm finished.

Tumulus, the Chaos Pokemon
8" 9', 10 pounds, Type: Dark/Psychic
Experience Class: Slow
Genderless

Base stats: 80,150,90,150,90,120 = 680 BST
Signature move: Chaotic Blast

Pokedex Entry:A timeless Pokemon said to inhabit deep space. In legend, it descended from the heavens to bring chaos to the world. It was defeated by Legemia and has been seeking revenge ever since.

Brief description: A giant, purple and black cloud with a hazy, indistinct body in the center. A leering face can be seen from the center of the cloud. This one looks really messy so far, so I've got to work on it more. It doesn't help that I'm doing it mostly from scratch.

So, the basic plot for the new region would be based around chaos and order. As such, there would be two new teams, Team Control and Team Anarchy (Anarchy ftw!). Team Control seeks a world in perfect harmony and conformity, with society functioning as a single being. Team Anarchy seeks freedom and lawlessness, saying that no human has the right to control another. To accomplish their goals, Team Control wishes to awaken Legemia, an ancient being that defended society from the embodiment of Chaos long ago. They believe Legemia will create a perfect utopian society. Team Anarchy wishes to bring back Tumulus, which is the physical form of Chaos. Long ago, the two legends fought each other, and Tumulus was defeated and banished from the planet. Legemia then disappeared, slumbering far beneath the earth. Team Control will eventually use a massive oil drill to drill a tunnel into Legemia's lair, and Team Chaos will use a stolen space shuttle to find Tumulus. In the end, the two teams realize that a perfect world requires a balance of conformity and non-conformity. A third legendary will be featured, based around the concept of balance.

I'm still working on the plot details, and names aren't really final or anything.

Orithan

Because the new Fairy type has been announced, I figgured that I should update my Light Type:

Light VS type x:
  • Light vs Normal - Neutral.
  • Light vs Fire - Neutral.
  • Light vs Water - Not very effective.
  • Light vs Grass - Not very effective.
  • Light vs Electric - Neutral.
  • Light vs Ice - Not very effective.
  • Light vs Fighting - Neutral.
  • Light vs Poison - Neutral.
  • Light vs Ground - Neutral.
  • Light vs Flying - Neutral.
  • Light vs Psychic - Neutral.
  • Light vs Bug - Super effective (I'm a bit iffy on this one flavourwise).
  • Light vs Rock - Not very effective.
  • Light vs Ghost - Super effective.
  • Light vs Dragon - Neutral.
  • Light vs Dark - Super effective.
  • Light vs Steel - No effect.
  • Light vs Fairy - Not very effective.
  • Light vs itself - Not very effective.

Type x VS Light:
  • Normal vs Light - Neutral.
  • Fire vs Light - Not very effective.
  • Water vs Light - Neutral.
  • Grass vs Light - Super effective.
  • Electric vs Light - Neutral.
  • Ice vs Light - Neutral.
  • Fighting vs Light - Not very effective.
  • Poison vs Light - Neutral.
  • Ground vs Light - Neutral.
  • Flying vs Light - Neutral.
  • Psychic vs Light - Not very effective.
  • Bug vs Light - Neutral.
  • Rock vs Light - Neutral.
  • Ghost vs Light - Not very effective.
  • Dragon vs Light - Neutral.
  • Dark vs Light - Super effective.
  • Steel vs Light - Super effective.
  • Fairy vs Light - Neutral.
  • Light vs itself - Not very effective.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'm hammering out the storyline for my (unfortunately completely theoretical) new game. I want it to heavily involve the spirit world (and as such the pixie trio make a return). Also, legendary Pokemon will no longer be catchable, instead the player must befriend them, which will normally happen after certain elements of the game have been completed.

As revealed by the storyline, Uxie is blind, Mesprit is deaf, and Azelf is mute. This is a reference to the maxim of the three wise monkeys (see no evil = Uxie, hear no evil = Mesprit, speak no evil = Azelf). However, Azelf communicates to the player via telepathy at a couple points during the storyline, and Mesprit is able to understand the player by reading his/her mind.

Competitively, I've thought of a few things...

Explosion will now reduce the opponent's defense by 1 (.33%) in calculations. This means it's not as powerful as DPPt and not as useless as B/W.
The move Dig will negate Levitate and Flying typing, allowing Pokemon with those abilities and types to be hit by Earthquake and Magnitude while using Dig.
Certain Pokemon that are currently regarded as useless (Castform, Spinda, etc.) will have viable evolutions. These evolutions will still keep true to the original Pokemon's competitive theme (Castform as a weather check, Spinda as a Contrary abuser).
Several new priority moves will be introduced, including some viable and well-distributed Special priority moves.
A couple variants of the move Pursuit will be introduced.
FAIRY WILL NOT EXIST!!!
Several older legendaries will gain alternate forms. These include the lake trio, Heatran, the... whatever trio Entei, Suicune, and Raikou are, and Jirachi.
Dozens and dozens of new moves will be introduced, including a much-needed accurate Fighting special attack, a Rock variant of Focus Blast, and any other moves I mentioned in my past posts that weren't deemed broken.

It's a shame that this is all theoretical. I wish I knew how to code in C++.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
New ability

Magic Armor
"Only Physical moves will hit and be used"

-I think it's pretty self explanatory. All speciall moves are now useless to a Pokemon with Magic Armor. So the Pokemon cannot be hit by Special-based moves as well as not being able to use them, themselves.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
New ability

Magic Armor

-I think it's pretty self explanatory. All speciall moves are now useless to a Pokemon with Magic Armor. So the Pokemon cannot be hit by Special-based moves as well as not being able to use them, themselves.

Completely broken, unless it's restricted to a certain Pokemon like Wonder Guard. And even then that Pokemon should have terrible Defense.

This would be the utter death of special hyper offense.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
New ability

Magic Armor

Completely, utterly, and totally broken. What made you think it was fine?

Scott Burgess

some fantastic theorymon here guys, love the ideas!

anyways i had an idea while watching the ducks game yesterday, what if ferrothorn had an ability to be able to make itself fire type? that way it could absolve its one biggest weakness and adapt to enemy pokemon like heatran before surprising them with a bulldoze or even the tried and true, leech seed+protect strategy.

so what does everybody think?

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
New ability

Magic Armor

Completely, utterly, and totally broken. What made you think it was fine?

Completely broken, unless it's restricted to a certain Pokemon like Wonder Guard. And even then that Pokemon should have terrible Defense.

This would be the utter death of special hyper offense.

Thoughts on the ability for dat.

Let's spice it up with a move!

Litter Absorb [Poison]
PP: 10/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Target: User's Team/Category: Status/Priority: 0
"The user removes moves such as Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock and Leech Seed through absorbing them and regaining HP."
- The amount of HP recovered will be of the following:
Stealth Rock: 12.5% regardless of the user's type
Spikes: 6.25% for one layer, 12.5% for two layers and 25% for three layers
Toxic Spikes: No additional HP healed.
Leech Seed: 6.25%
- Distribution: Garbador Line, Muk Line, Weezing Line
- Mini-notes: If the user is not affected by Spikes (eg Weezing), it will still absorb it and gain the HP depending on the amount of layers. Just saying.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Chaotic Blast
Type: Psychic
Category: Special
Power: 180
Accuracy: 90
PP: 5/8
Flavour: The user fires a reality-warping beam at the opponent. It lowers the user's Defense and Special Defense stats by 1 stage.
Effect: Launches an extremely powerful Psychic-typed move that drops the users' defensive stats. It would be the signature move of a new Legendary I'm designing, and the only Pokemon who could use it would be said Legendary and Smeargle.

Natural Order
Type: Normal
Category: Other
Power: ---
Accuracy: --
PP: 10/16
Flavour: The user becomes encloaked in a mysterious veil of light. For the next 5 turns, its Defense and Special Defense are doubled, and it recovers 12.5% of its maximum HP per turn. However, its Attack and Sp. Attack are reduced by one stage.
Effect: ^
Would the the signature move of the other Legendary's counterpart, and thus accessible only to that Legendary and Smeargle. It cannot be Baton Passed to prevent abuse by Smeargle.

Also, some ordinary run-of-the-mill moves.

Brine Bomb
Type: Water
Category: Physical
Power: 85
Accuracy: 100
PP: 15/24
Flavour: The user launches a chunk of violently explosive sodium at the opponent. It may cause the target to flinch.
Effect: 30% chance to cause the opponent to flinch.

Wildfire
Type:Fire
Power: ---
Accuracy: ---
Flavour: The user sets fire to the battlefield, causing damage to all Pokemon except Fire and Rock types at the end of each turn for 5 turns.
Effect: For the next 5 turns, all Pokemon except Fire and Rock types lose 6.25% of their maximum HP at the end of the turn. Grass types lose 12.5% of their maximum HP, unless they have a secondary Rock or Fire typing (in which case they lose none). This is not a weather effect, and can therefore be in effect at the same time as other weather effects. Magic Guard and Flash Fire block this attack.

Vine Bloom
Type: Grass
Category: Physical
Power: 140
Accuracy: 90
Flavour: The user spews forth a tangle of thorny vines to attack the opponent. Sharply lowers the user's Attack.
Effect: A physical Draco Meteor clone that lowers Attack instead of Sp. Atk.
!)Psychic V-Create without speed drop? I feel that would make it a tab bit on the broken side (Basically a 180, potentially STAB, Special Close Combat).

2) Natural Order just sounds pretty broken. For starters, you basically create a strong wall for 5 turns that's nearly unbreakable and can stall other things to death. I would definitely nerf the passive Health regen and defense boosts from x2 to x1.5 or even x1.33.

3) Nothing to note here. Personally, I would make Brine Bomb Special instead of Physical. To be completely honest, it makes stuff like Waterfall next to useless, so by utilizing it as a special move, it gives a stronger variation for Water-STAB or coverage offense.

4) I really think Wildfire utilized in this way is somewhat weird. Personally, I think Wildfire should be more like a Special version of Rollout, where the damage increases each turn you use it. However, instead of having Defense Curl speeding up its damage, you can have Sunlight snowball its damage, making it an interesting move to use in a moveset.

5) hmmm. That's a pretty interesting move. A physical Draco Meteor. Personally, I would make that sort of move a Fighting-type move just to get the trololol value.

Thoughts on the ability for dat.

Let's spice it up with a move!

Litter Absorb [Poison]
"The user removes moves such as Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock and Leech Seed through absorbing them and regaining HP."
Leech Seed: 6.25%
- Distribution: Garbador Line, Muk Line, Weezing Line
- Mini-notes: If the user is not affected by Spikes (eg Weezing), it will still absorb it and gain the HP depending on the amount of layers. Just saying.

The concept is pretty neat, but competitively, it's a bit iffy. The health regeneration literally is just healing off the damage you take from switching in, giving you pretty much minimum benefits. Furthermore, the distribution for this move are all on slow, not-so-bulky Pokemon, which means if they switch in on SR + 3 Spikes, they have a good chance of being KOed before the move even activates. The only good user of the move in its current state is Weezing, who actually can benefit from the extra healing. To make this move somewhat competitively viable, I would give it a priority of +1.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Name: Re-Creation
Power: --
PP: 1/1
Flavor: The user causes a shock wave in a small piece of reality strong enough to create a new world, which replaces that piece of reality with the new one. All field effects disappear, and it leaves the user with a positive effect.
Effect: Basically a stronger version of Rapid Spin, minus damage. It removes all entry hazards, all status ailments, stat boosts and decreases, certain moves (Like Gravity, Magnet Rise, Telekinesis) and weather. It increases the users best stat (minus HP) by one after the move.

Learned by Arceus at Level 1.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
some fantastic theorymon here guys, love the ideas!

anyways i had an idea while watching the ducks game yesterday, what if ferrothorn had an ability to be able to make itself fire type? that way it could absolve its one biggest weakness and adapt to enemy pokemon like heatran before surprising them with a bulldoze or even the tried and true, leech seed+protect strategy.

so what does everybody think?

It would have to be a move.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Haven't commented here for quite awhile, so here goes!

Competitively, I've thought of a few things...

Explosion will now reduce the opponent's defense by 1 (.33%) in calculations. This means it's not as powerful as DPPt and not as useless as B/W.
The move Dig will negate Levitate and Flying typing, allowing Pokemon with those abilities and types to be hit by Earthquake and Magnitude while using Dig.
Certain Pokemon that are currently regarded as useless (Castform, Spinda, etc.) will have viable evolutions. These evolutions will still keep true to the original Pokemon's competitive theme (Castform as a weather check, Spinda as a Contrary abuser).
Several new priority moves will be introduced, including some viable and well-distributed Special priority moves.
A couple variants of the move Pursuit will be introduced.
FAIRY WILL NOT EXIST!!!
Several older legendaries will gain alternate forms. These include the lake trio, Heatran, the... whatever trio Entei, Suicune, and Raikou are, and Jirachi.
Dozens and dozens of new moves will be introduced, including a much-needed accurate Fighting special attack, a Rock variant of Focus Blast, and any other moves I mentioned in my past posts that weren't deemed broken.

Explosion and SelfDestruct - The two moves were great in gen IV. I don't get why they nerfed them so severely in gen V games. Hopefully it's not like that again in gen VI games.
Dig's interaction with Levitate and the Flying type - Makes sense. Nothing much to say other than it should've happened a long time ago.
Evolutions - Sure.
Priority moves - Although I can't think of any off the top of my head, I'm a fan of special-based priority moves. Just make sure not to introduce too many physical ones, though.
Pursuit counterparts - Why's that? Would they have identical effects to Pursuit, or would they have somewhat different effects depending on the counterpart?
Non-existent Fairy type - I personally don't see anything wrong with the type. But seeing as many other fan stories were made well before even the gen V games, where the Fairy type wasn't even speculated, sure, I guess.
New formes for older legendaries - Jirachi! Yay!

By "any other moves", do you mean "every other move"? o:
For the record, you can feel free to use some of the moves that I've posted. Just ask me first if you are.

As for the storyline, I'm curious to see what the final draft is.

It's a shame that this is all theoretical. I wish I knew how to code in C++.

class User {
char* username;
int post_count;
FILE* avatar;
int rank;
bool ability_to_code;
bool happy;​
public:
User();
~User();
FILE* code();
FILE* give_code(User to_user);​
}

// Program fragment
User Divine_Retribution = new User;
User Wishing_Star = new User;
FILE* game;
if (Divine_Retribution.ability_to_code)
game->code();
game->give_code(Wishing_Star)
Divine_Retribution.happy = true;
Wishing_Star.happy = true;​

Magic Armor

Yeah... it's pretty broken, as others have already said. It doesn't matter if it can't use special-based moves itself; it can just use physical-based moves to totally circumvent that drawback. And for a "non-existent" drawback to have such an insanely good benefit is waaaaay too good.

It would probably have to be a move. Part of what makes Ferrothorn so great is that it has Iron Barbs, which just makes it more of a check to physical sweepers. To get rid of Iron Barbs for a Fire typing isn't too useful for it. And making it an item would hamper its tanking ability, too; Leftovers is a great item.

Litter Absorb [Poison]

I sort of like this, I suppose. It's a great way to punish teams that rely too heavily on entry hazards, but it's not too useful, since people would start to use entry hazards slightly less often because of this move.

Name: Re-Creation
Power: --
PP: 1/1
Flavor: The user causes a shock wave in a small piece of reality strong enough to create a new world, which replaces that piece of reality with the new one. All field effects disappear, and it leaves the user with a positive effect.
Effect: Basically a stronger version of Rapid Spin, minus damage. It removes all entry hazards, all status ailments, stat boosts and decreases, certain moves (Like Gravity, Magnet Rise, Telekinesis) and weather. It increases the users best stat (minus HP) by one after the move.

I think the fact that it gets rid of not only entry hazards, but also all field effects and weather, makes the one-stage stat increase a bit too powerful, even for Arceus. I say this because Arceus already has the best base stat total, and it shouldn't need too much help in the stats department to begin with.

And while everybody's posting new mechanics, I might as well post one, too!

New Move: Bullet Storm
Type: Steel / Power: 20 / Accuracy: 90 / PP: 20 / Category: Physical / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Priority: 0
"The user rapidly blasts the target with dense, metal bullets. Each individual bullet is fired independently."
- So yeah, the accuracy check is performed individually for each bullet. So if a Cinccino uses this and the game calculates that five bullets are to be fired, each bullet would individually have a 10% chance of missing, rather than the entire move.

Aurath8

Ability : Prescience
The user will dodge any offensive moves or damge-dealing entry hazards on the first turn of battle. This excludes moves like Swift and Aura Sphere and is negated by No Guard and Mold Breaker.

Free switch-ins for everybody! Of course the opponent can still inflict status, send out hazards or setup on the switch like normal so I think most of its value lies in revenge-killing. Bear in mind that those with Prescience are still vulnerable to Toxic Spikes since it doesn't directly cause damage like other hazards. Provided the pokemon that get it don't also get Swords Dance, Nasty Plot(or Belly Drum I guess).

One big problem with Prescience is that the opponent can simply keep switching between 2 Prescience users and never take any damage as a result unless you can inflict Poison/Burn or have moves that ignore Prescience.

Out of curiosity, are their any moves that have a Mold Breaker effect?

The user will dodge any offensive moves or damge-dealing entry hazards on the first turn of battle. This excludes moves like Swift and Aura Sphere and is negated by No Guard and Mold Breaker.

Free switch-ins for everybody! Of course the opponent can still inflict status, send out hazards or setup on the switch like normal so I think most of its value lies in revenge-killing. Bear in mind that those with Prescience are still vulnerable to Toxic Spikes since it doesn't directly cause damage like other hazards. Provided the pokemon that get it don't also get Swords Dance, Nasty Plot(or Belly Drum I guess).

One big problem with Prescience is that the opponent can simply keep switching between 2 Prescience users and never take any damage as a result unless you can inflict Poison/Burn or have moves that ignore Prescience.

I think the closet thing is Gastro Acid, but that just nulifies a Pokemon's ability(not sure for how long either).

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner

Erm... avoiding damage on the first turn that a Pokémon is out on the battlefield is already a pretty broken effect. Damage is the main way to defeat the opposing team, and getting rid of that is like getting rid of being able to use 85% or so of all moves against that Pokémon for the turn. And given the nature of the Pokémon games, that one turn often times makes a big difference. I'm alright with the Spikes and Stealth Rock avoidance, though.

It should also stop Toxic Spikes, only because it's rather unintuitive to specify "damage-dealing entry hazards" rather than "entry hazards".

Yeah, the interaction between two Pokémon with Prescience on the same team poses a pretty big problem. People would start abusing the ability like no tomorrow. o:

I think the closet thing is Gastro Acid, but that just nulifies a Pokemon's ability(not sure for how long either).

Gastro Acid negates the target's ability for as long as it's on the battlefield. It'll revert back to having its ability function as normal once it switches out. I have no idea how it interacts with Natural Cure and Regenerator, though.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Gastro Acid negates the target's ability for as long as it's on the battlefield. It'll revert back to having its ability function as normal once it switches out. I have no idea how it interacts with Natural Cure and Regenerator, though.

It will stop those abilities from activating, but if you switch the Pokemon back in and switch it out, the ability will activate.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
2 New abilities!What should have been Xerneas and Yevltal's signature abilities!

Fairy Re-birth
"Has a chance of reviving a Pokemon"

-There is a 10% chance that when a Pokemon with "Fairy Re-birth" is sent in after one of your own Pokemon just fainted, that the fainted Pokemon will be revived but only to 25% health.

Distribution: Xerneas

Dark Reaper
"Has a chance of fainting a weak Pokemon"

-There is a 10% chance that at the end of every turn a Pokemon with 25% or below health will faint when a Pokemon with "Dark Reaper" is out(This applies to your own pokemon as well in Double and Triple battles).

Distribution: Yevltal

Status
Not open for further replies.