• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
2 New abilities!What should have been Xerneas and Yevltal's signature abilities!

Fairy Re-birth
"Has a chance of reviving a Pokemon"

-There is a 10% chance that when a Pokemon with "Fairy Re-birth" is sent in after one of your own Pokemon just fainted, that the fainted Pokemon will be revived but only to 25% health.

Distribution: Xerneas

Dark Reaper
"Has a chance of fainting a weak Pokemon"

-There is a 10% chance that at the end of every turn a Pokemon with 25% or below health will faint when a Pokemon with "Dark Reaper" is out(This applies to your own pokemon as well in Double and Triple battles).

Distribution: Yevltal

They seem a little op IMO.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
2 New abilities!What should have been Xerneas and Yevltal's signature abilities!

Fairy Re-birth
"Has a chance of reviving a Pokemon"

-There is a 10% chance that when a Pokemon with "Fairy Re-birth" is sent in after one of your own Pokemon just fainted, that the fainted Pokemon will be revived but only to 25% health.

Distribution: Xerneas

Dark Reaper
"Has a chance of fainting a weak Pokemon"

-There is a 10% chance that at the end of every turn a Pokemon with 25% or below health will faint when a Pokemon with "Dark Reaper" is out(This applies to your own pokemon as well in Double and Triple battles).

Distribution: Yevltal

These are examples of the very same thing that evasion increases are an example of: Chance effects that the opponent can do absolutely nothing about and just has to deal with barring corner-case mechanics that not every team will run.

Dark Reaper in particular doesn't look very useful, but Fairy Rebirth is much more problematic when you consider the fact that many battles can last a very long time.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
These are examples of the very same thing that evasion increases are an example of: Chance effects that the opponent can do absolutely nothing about and just has to deal with barring corner-case mechanics that not every team will run.

Dark Reaper in particular doesn't look very useful, but Fairy Rebirth is much more problematic when you consider the fact that many battles can last a very long time.

Really? I thought you would think Dark Reaper more problematic than Fairy Rebirth. In any case what would you advise to them?

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Really? I thought you would think Dark Reaper more problematic than Fairy Rebirth. In any case what would you advise to them?

Just saying, reviving a Pokemon with no deficit is completely wrong. Lunar dance is only balanced because it faints the user.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Really? I thought you would think Dark Reaper more problematic than Fairy Rebirth.

Most Pokémon don't have access to any sort of healing other than Leftovers. A Pokémon with 25% HP is weak enough to the point where they're easily KO'd with a relatively weak move anyway, so accelerating that process just a bit is much less problematic when compared to Fairy Rebirth.

All the Fairy Rebirth Pokémon has to do is survive long enough so that a vital Pokémon is revived, at which point your team can sweep again with minimal compensation of strategy with the other Pokémon in the team.

Keep in mind, still, that the opponent has no say whatsoever with either of these.

In any case what would you advise to them?

Ally-reviving mechanics don't really have a fix, unfortunately. The value of reviving a fainted Pokémon with any amount of HP is about the equivalent of healing up an alive Pokémon to full HP. This is because of the fact that the revived Pokémon can help turn the tables efficiently, whereas working with existing Pokémon only means needing to improvise strategy.

As for the other ability, maybe it could deal slightly more damage to a Pokémon with 25% or less HP remaining, but as I've already said, a Pokémon with such low HP is almost low enough to be KO'd without the extra boost in power, so I don't really know about that, either.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
If pangoro has at least 70 speed he will be fun. I hope for 75. Or 80 if we're lucky.

New Move:

Reforge

| Steel | Status | Power: -- | Acc: -- | Pp: 10 |

The user regains half its maximum hit points, but becomes a fire type until the end of the round. (or next round you tell me.)

Distribution: Steel types. Arceus. Mew. cuz they get all da tm's.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
If pangoro has at least 70 speed he will be fun. I hope for 75. Or 80 if we're lucky.

New Move:

Reforge

| Steel | Status | Power: -- | Acc: -- | Pp: 10 |

The user regains half its maximum hit points, but becomes a fire type until the end of the round. (or next round you tell me.)

Distribution: Steel types. Arceus. Mew. cuz they get all da tm's.

If you ask me, a type rehash isn't really a drawback. It's just something that's tacked onto a move that doesn't really have any inherent benefit. I say this because each type has its own resistances and weaknesses, and it's bad mechanic design to say that turning the user into one type is less of a drawback than another just because the type it turns into has more weaknesses.

That being said, because it does have an added effect like that, I think it could do with restoring 33% of the user's health or something like that.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Name: Phoenix Burst
Type: Fire
Category: Other
Power: --
Accuracy: --
PP: 5/8
Flavor: The user bursts into a thousand flames, and channels its life force into a fainted Team Member. The user faints, switches with a chosen (fainted) ally, and all Pokemon on the field that turn have a chance of burn.
Effect: The Pokemon faints, and its remaining HP is sent to the next team member. (Let's say for example, user has 170 HP left. The Pokemon out next will have 170 HP, unless that's higher than its max HP, then it'd fill it completely.) Entry Hazards will still affect the Pokemon switched in. All Pokemon on the field, including the one switched in, your allies, and all opponents, have a 50% chance of burn, so it may not work like you want it too... Stopped by Taunt, and can be Snatched.
Learned By: Moltres, Mew, Ho-oh and Reshiram

Rising Star

Certified Boss
I hope 6th gen brings an item that negates ability. Slaking and Regigigas will instantly become OU... maybe even Uber. It would be really interesting to see the effect it would have on the meta.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
I hope 6th gen brings an item that negates ability. Slaking and Regigigas will instantly become OU... maybe even Uber. It would be really interesting to see the effect it would have on the meta.

Slaking and regi would hit über, and trick would be abound. Pretty much it. Anything with a bad ability that cripples them becomes better, trickers ruin good abilities.

Orithan

I'd say no. If it was an ability that disabled other abilities, then that would be fine. If it has to be an item, then it should give a 20% drop in stats when held to reduce its brokeness.

Since I've been out for a while, I shall post a new pokemon soon. Here's a move for now:

Regal burst (100 BP, 95 Accuracy, 5/8 PP, Special, Adjacent Pokemon, 0 priority, Dragon type):

Flavour text: "The user exhibits its overwhelming power of authority and fires a violent pulse of energy at the target. It is likely to reduce the target's Attack stat."

In-Depth effect: Deals damage and has a 50% chance of lowering the opponent's Attack stat by 1 stage. Nuff said.

Notable users: Kingdra, Salamence, Hydregion, Reshiram.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
New Moves:

Prayer (Psychic)
PP: 5/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: Self/Priority: 0
"The user faints itself to trap and continuously damage the opponent."
- Distribution: Lake Pixies, Gardevoir, Lati@s
- This move is in the same vein of Healing Wish etc, except it's different. When a Pokemon faints from using Prayer, it will immediately trap the said Pokemon and continuously be damaged by 6.25% and one of its stats will drop by one stage every turn for three turns. Here's how it works:
Turn 1: Uxie uses Stealth Rock. Scrafty uses Crunch, it's super effective! (Scrafty is at full health)
Turn 2: Uxie uses Prayer, Uxie fainted! Scraggy uses Crunch, but there was no target... Scrafty is hurt by Uxie's Prayer! Scrafty's Special Attack Fell! (93.75%, -1 SAtk)
Turn 3: Heracross is sent out! Heracross uses Substitute. Scrafty uses Zen Headbutt! Heracross's Substitute faded. Scrafty is hurt by Uxie's Prayer! Scarfty's Speed Fell! (87.5%, -1 SAtk, -1 Spe)
Turn 4: Heracross is withdrawn, Scizor is sent out! Scrafty uses Zen Headbutt! It was not very effective... Scarfty is hurt by Uxie's Prayer! Scrafty's Attack Fell! (81.25%, -1 SAtk, -1 Spe, -1 Atk). Uxie's Prayer Ended!

And to go with it, a similar in vein ability...

My Prayer
"When below one-eighth of the total HP, the Pokemon will faint immediately. The next Pokemon will receive a power boost."
- A Torrent-esque move, except it's slightly different. Upon hitting below 12.5%, the Pokemon immediately faints. The Pokemon coming in will receive a +1 attack and special attack boost if the said Pokemon faints from the ability.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
New ability:

Corrosive

"The user's poison-type attacks may hit steel types for full damage."

The Master Chief

New status condition that hampers sp.atk.
A version of blaze,torrent, etc for all types
A sp.atk form of intimidate
A sp.atk form of defiant
A version of ancient power,and ominous wind for all types

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
New status condition that hampers sp.atk.
A version of blaze,torrent, etc for all types
A sp.atk form of intimidate
A sp.atk form of defiant
A version of ancient power,and ominous wind for all types

I believe your first, third and possibly fourth items have been suggested before. I don't really see the point in the last one, though.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
New move:

Spiral Lunge
Type: Flying | Power: 80 | Accuracy: 100 | PP: 15
"The user lunges towards it's foe, spinning to build up momentum.
Distribution: All serpentine or snake-like Pokemon, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Charizard, Ekans line.

Orithan

Modified abilities:

Infiltrator:
Old Effect: The user bypasses Light Screen and Reflect.
New Effect: The user does that and also bypasses Substitute.
Comments: Cressilia won't be safe from Spiritomb any more, now that it can bypass substitutes. It will also be distributed to pokemon like Weavile and Giratina (well, it is the god of a dark dimension).

Big Pecks
Old Effect: The pokemon's Defense can't be lowered.
New effect: The opponent's Defense stat is reduced by 1 stage each time it is hit by a super effective attack from the user.
Comments: Big Pecks... wasted potential. Hopefully this will make it that much better.

New Move:

Shadow Screen: (N/A BP, N/A Accuracy, 10/16 PP, Status, +/-0 Priority, Opponent's field, Ghost type).
Flavour text: "The user sacrifices some of its current HP to create a trap that affects the next opponent to switch"
In-depth Effect: The user takes 25% of its current HP to create a an effect that hits the next opponent's pokemon to come in with a 60 BP attack running off the user's Special Attack. If the next pokemon your opponent switches in is of the Normal type, the effect fails.
Distribution: Most ghost types, notably Gengar, Giratina, Chandelure and Ginian.
Comments: Like a hazard, but not a hazard. No Rapid Spinning or Disarming this one, Starmie and Shepmite!

Aurath8

New item: Swift Scarf
Effect: Increases the user's speed by 10%

One problem I've had is that speed is too...exact. You always know exactly how fast a pokemon will be unless it runs a Choice Scarf, which will become evident once the opponent attacks that it isn't doing as much damage as normal, isn't gaining/losing health via Leftovers or Life Orb. I think the real value here lies for setup sweepers. Their sweep can be cut short because they're a few points slower than the opponent's Starmie or Latios and suddenly you have to find something that can take a Draco Meteor or block the incoming Rapid Spin. It also means that having an unfortunate speed tier *coughHaxoruscough* isn't as big a deal anymore.
Of course since the 10% boost is so small, its not broken, but with speed being a such a big stat, in some cases it can be a very valuable item.

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
Like everyone else, I will say that Flareon needs Flare Blitz. I am tired of seeing the Fire-type being labelled as the 'Worst Eeveelution' by 'fans'.
Also, Flareon could swap its SpA with Spe. 95 Spe with 130 Atk would make Flareon a lesser but way cuter Darmanitan.

Escavalier should at least get Bullet Punch. It would be a lesser Metagross to some extent.

Farfetch'd and Luvdisc needs evolution. Farfetch'd's evolution should be a Fighting/ Flying type with good Atk and Spe stats. Luvdisc... At least average attacking stats?

Ice-types need more resistances. Maybe to Water or any common offensive type. They need to be more usable, and not just for Ice STAB.

Why doesn't Machamp, a Pokémon who can land countless punches in seconds, learn Mach Punch? The four-armed bodybuilder needs Mach Punch and Drain Punch badly. Conkeldurr will face serious competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.