• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything

?

• ?

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • ?

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

Ilan

No. It would just confuse everyone and they would have to rework the type advantages.

WHat's so confusing wow a new type..

I can't really think about a new type.. I think it is fine as it is but if something should be done is to make ice resist water it would make a huge defference for ice pokemon being able to counter rain easier is something the metagame needs.
new type wouldn't be logical we have all the types you can come up with.. and light type... electric CLOSE ENOUGH.

Ninterd

It would be hilarious if they made dragon super effective against fighting, since there are some stories about chinese swordsmen or whatever trying to kill them... I don't want it to be, but that would... not be entirely stupid.

EDIT: Oh, and I would sort of like poison to be more effective and not at the same time. The reason I do is because it's only super effective against like... two (or maybe one even). The reason I don't is... well, there are two: Most poison types are dual types or can learn very different moves, and it would confuse a lot of people.

Last edited:

Ilan

It would be hilarious if they made dragon super effective against fighting, since there are some stories about chinese swordsmen or whatever trying to kill them... I don't want it to be, but that would... not be entirely stupid.

EDIT: Oh, and I would sort of like poison to be more effective and not at the same time. The reason I do is because it's only super effective against like... two (or maybe one even). The reason I don't is... well, there are two: Most poison types are dual types or can learn very different moves, and it would confuse a lot of people.

So you don't even know that poison is only SE against grass.. what will confuse?

Acording to some people here most people are too simple to understand an introduction of a new type it will not confuse anyone you survived gen 2 so you can survive a new type although I think it is not really needed.
Most poison types are actually really good as they are there si no need to change it, the only type that people try not to use due to weaknesses is ice.. only resists itself not that resisting ice is bad but another resistance could be better.

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
Ya we don't really need any new types. I think they're good. But different type combinations would definitely be cool.

It won't happen. People think of light, because we already have the "Dark" type, but like someone else said, it doesn't mean literal darkness. In Japanese, it is called the "Evil" type, meaning they (the Pokemon and moves) are just villainous in nature. I do believe they just changed it to "Dark" in English due to the loonies that already think Pokemon are evil.

The Fighting type is the opposite of the Dark type in my opinion. Fighting type Pokemon in general (to me) appear to be very heroic, or "good" in nature, so they naturally gain power over evil. We don't need a light type. Plus, what is "light" anyway? Light is made up of photons, which is generated by the excitement (and relaxation) of electrons, in other words it's just...energy. Which makes me of...well, the Electric type. It just seems so unnecessary.

Last edited:

Ninterd

So you don't even know that poison is only SE against grass.. what will confuse?

Acording to some people here most people are too simple to understand an introduction of a new type it will not confuse anyone you survived gen 2 so you can survive a new type although I think it is not really needed.
Most poison types are actually really good as they are there si no need to change it, the only type that people try not to use due to weaknesses is ice.. only resists itself not that resisting ice is bad but another resistance could be better.

I wasn't sure if it was SE against bug or not.

Lanik

The only reason Game Freak would come up with new Pokemon types is because a certain type is unresistant by nothing. Alakazam and Hypno hadn't met any opponents that resisted their STAB before Generation II. Pokemon types have enough resistances and weaknesses as it is. There's no need for Game Freak to complicate their video games with more types.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The Fighting type is the opposite of the Dark type in my opinion. Fighting type Pokemon in general (to me) appear to be very heroic, or "good" in nature, so they naturally gain power over evil.

Hence the reason Fighting is SE against Dark.

I wasn't sure if it was SE against bug or not.

It was in 1st gen, but not anymore. Bringing that back wouldn't really help Poison, though, Bug already has a lot of weaknesses and there are a lot of already weak Bugs out there (I would say that Bug itself is pretty weak, but since 4th or 5th gen, that's definitely not true anymore). They should make it SE against Water or Fighting or something like that.

ForeverFlame

Light type? Wow, I never heard of that idea before. And wouldn't a Sound type be cool? That's totally my original idea and not something fans have been repeating every week since Gen II came out.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Revising the Aether League Elite 4

Elite 4 Member: Duke of Percayia, Edgar
[SPOIL]
About him

-A nobleman of Percayia and the founder of pyromancy.
-Holds fire important and believes and handling it with much care.
-Had a wife (Pearl) who died giving birth to their son (Gerald).
-While away in the Elite 4 position, he misses his son dearly.
-His ancestor was also a well-known general known together for his spear and charizard as they fight enemies togather.

Specialty

Edgar specializes in primary Fire types and secondarily using Sunny weather. He also use short set-ups before unleashing attacks.

Pokemon (First Battle)

Cherrim (Percayia Variant, Male) @ Heat Rock
-Sunny Day
-Solar Beam
-Weather Ball
-Earth Power

Arcanine (Male) @ White Herb
Ability: Intimidate
-Work Up
-Extremespeed
-Wild Charge
-Overheat

Chandelure (Male) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Leviatate
-Shadow Ball
-Flamethrower
-Sun Sigma (via TM 29)
-Sunny Day

Blaziken (Male) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Blaze
-Sword Dance
-Blaze Kick
-High Jump Kick
-Shadow Claw

Charizard (Male) @ Lum Berry
-Kindle Light
-Fire Blast
-Air Slash
-Draco Flare

Lead Pokemon (Second Onward)

Cherrim (Percayia Variant, Male) @ Heat Rock
-Sunny Day
-Solar Beam
-Weather Ball
-Earth Power

Ninetales @ Escape Button
Ability: Drought
-Overheat
-Solarbeam
-Psychock
-Will-O-Wisp

Charizard @ Wise Glasses
-Tail Glow
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast

Remaining Pokemon (Second Onward)

Blaziken (Male) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Speed Boost
-Sword Dance
-Blaze Kick
-High Jump Kick
-Shadow Claw

Volcarona (Male) @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Flame Body
-Quiver Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Flamethrower
-Giga Drain

Darmanitan (Male) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
-Flare Blitz
-Thunderpunch
-Zen Headbutt
-Bulldoze

Chandelure (Male) @ Heat Rock
-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast
-Sun Sigma (via TM 29)
-Sunny Day

Sawsbuck (Male) @ Muscle Band
Ability: Chlorophyll
-Horn Leech
-High Jump Kick
-Return
-Nature Power

Venusaur (Male) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Chlorophyll
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Eathquake
-Sleep Powder

Snorlax (Male) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Thick Fat
-Sunny Day
-Body Slam
-Ice Punch
-Rock Slide

Heatran (Male) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Flash Fire
-Sunny Day
-Magma Storm
-Dragon Pulse
-Earth Power
[/SPOIL]

Elite 4 Member: Maiden Amelia
[SPOIL]
About her
-Formerly working at a marine shrine for Kyogre

Specialty
Primarily Water type, Secondary using Rain weather.

Pokemon
Gyrados (Female) @ Damp Rock
-Rain Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Return

Lanturn (Female) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
-Surf
-Thunder
-Ice Beam
-Thunderwave

Lapras (Female) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Hydration
-Surf
-Frost Breath
-Rain Dance
-Rest

Milotic (Female) @ Dragon Gem
Ability: Marvel Scale
-Dragon Tail
-Hydro Pump
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Blastoise (Female) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
-Blue Cannon
-Shell Smash

-Rock Slide
-Signal Beam

Lead Pokemon (Second Onward)

Politoed (Female) @ Red Card
Ability: Drizzle
-U-turn
-Toxic
-Hydro Pump
-Protect

Gyrados @ Lum Berry
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Waterfall

Lapras @ Damp Rock
Ability: Hydration
-Rain Dance
-Stalacite
-Surf
-Ice Beam

Remaining Pokemon (Second Onward)

Blastoise (Female) @ White Herb
Ability: Rain Dish
-Blue Cannon
-Shell Smash

-Earthquake
-Ice Punch

Toxicroak (Female) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
-Lethal Piercing
-Sucker Punch
-Cross Chop
-Ice Punch

Bronzong @ Leftovers
-Gyro Ball
-Toxic
-Swagger
-Payback

Gastrodon (East, Female) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Storm Drain
-Surf
-Earth Power
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

Kingdra (Female) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
-Draco Meteor
-Hydro Pump
-Waterfall
-Outrage

Empoleon (Female) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Torrent
-Rain Dance
-Hydro Pump
-Flash Cannon
-Signal Beam

Eelektross (Female) @ Damp Rock
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Aqua Tail
-Super Fang

Lanturn (Female) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Volt Absorb
-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunder
[/SPOIL]

Last edited:

Gillig

No new types.

I think that if we over complicate the game it is not going to be fun anymore. I like a game that makes me think, not a game that makes me think so much I forget I am supposed to be having fun.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Why haven't they made a Light type? They've made several moves that would make sense as light-oriented moves, such as Flash, Flash Cannon, and Mirror Shot. Plus it'd be like a foil for Dark.

Granted, if they changed the types of Flash Cannon and Mirror Shot, Steel would become a crappy type. :p

Ver-mont

Why haven't they made a Light type? They've made several moves that would make sense as light-oriented moves, such as Flash, Flash Cannon, and Mirror Shot. Plus it'd be like a foil for Dark.

It wouldn't, because that's not why "Dark" stands for. It's not "Dark" as in absence of light.

As other people have said, Dark-type is about cunning, trickery, fighting dirty. Hence why it's called Evil-type in Japan.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Granted, if they changed the types of Flash Cannon and Mirror Shot, Steel would become a crappy type. :p

This is why they haven't made a Light type:

Dark type has nothing to with absent of light. Instead Dark type are more to do with dirty fighting, hence why they are know as evil type in Japan.

One look at the dark type move set would tell you that.

Furthermore if a light type was added some pokémon would have to be reclassified, so again it's a stupid idea that needs to die.

For Arceus' sake people: STOP ASKING ABOUT LIGHT TYPES!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been discussed to death.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
I know the Dark thing refers to sneaky and stuff, but that's FREAKIN STUPID. We need more Dark Pulses and less Sucker Punches (even though Sucker Punch is an awesome move).

Ver-mont

I know the Dark thing refers to sneaky and stuff, but that's FREAKIN STUPID. We need more Dark Pulses and less Sucker Punches (even though Sucker Punch is an awesome move).

Dark Pulse is described as a "horrible aura imbued with dark thoughts", so it still keeps with the Dark-type theme anyway.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Dark Pulse is described as a "horrible aura imbued with dark thoughts", so it still keeps with the Dark-type theme anyway.

...Touche. Night Daze then?

I guess saying Light would be a foil to Dark was stupid. Disregard that. >.>

I don't want any new types, the ones we have pretty much covers everything
-Light- Psychic, Normal, Fighting (As in good pokemon)/ Electric, Fire (as in actual light)
-Sound - Normal
-Space - Psychic
That's all I can think of at the moment, but you get the point

However I would welcome a change to the already exsisting types. Poison should be SE against one(or even two) more types (Preferable Dragon, Electric or Fighting)

Last edited:

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
No, it'd be too troublesome to add types this late in the game. It was one thing to add types when we only had 151 Pokemon and however many moves to potentially change. But we have so many Pokemon and moves that could be changed to Light or Sound or Space or whatever it'd be a nightmare.

Besides, we don't need any new types anyway. People seem to think that we need a light type to act as Dark-type's opposite. Dark already has an opposite: Fighting. While Dark can be used as literal darkness (such as Umbreon and Dark Void) it is more often used as "fighting dirty." Almost all Dark-type moves are cheap, dishonorable tactics. Sucker Punch (which is called Ambush in Japan) Foul Play, Fake Tears, Faint Attack, Beat Up, Thief, Nasty Plot, etc. Fighting is fighting honorably, with a moral code, like a samurai or martial arts master. That's why Fighting beats Dark; honor beats dishonor.