• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything

?

• ?

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • ?

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

sexypoison

Let's change effectiveness and weakness. Rework poison to be more effective and make ground less like rock. Take away a weakness of grass. Make more pure flying types. All of this should be done before we introduce more types.

Last edited:

Mr.FusRoDah

I say a new type or two would be interesting.

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
NO. NO. NO.

NO.

NO. NO. NO. NO.

No.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
What they have is good enough. I don't think it would be good to complicate things. The only reason why the Steel and Dark types were created in the first place was because of how overpowered Psychic types were. In doing so and over time, everything has balanced out. Ice types cover a lot with their STAB but are weak to many types. Steel types have many resistances but many types resist their STAB. And so on and so forth.

"What if there was a new Pokemon based off an angel?" Definitely Flying and either Ghost, Normal, or Psychic.

Last edited:

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
What they have is good enough. I don't think it would be good to complicate things. The only reason why the Steel and Dark types were created in the first place was because of how overpowered Psychic types were. In doing so and over time, everything has balanced out. Ice types cover a lot with their STAB but are weak to many types. Steel types have many resistances but many types resist their STAB. And so on and so forth.

"What if there was a new Pokemon based off an angel?" Definitely Flying and either Ghost or Psychic.

Does Togekiss qualify?

voicerocker

Platinum Master
i personally think it would be interesting if there were knew types you guys are just afraid of change

No one's afraid of change. Think about it, what else could they add that hasn't already been done in one way or another? Don't you think if they were going to add more types we would have seen at least 1 in Gen 3, 4, or 5?

Here's a few people have thought of:

Light - Psychic pretty much has this, maybe Electric too.
Beast - That would be the majority of Normal Pokemon.
Tech - Steel type.
Blood - Eh...not sure, but it sounded a lot like Dark type. Maybe Ghost thrown in there too?
Sound - Not sure how it would relate to the current types.

There are ideas out there, but anything any one of us could come up with probably already fits into 1 of the current 17 types. Could they still add a new one if they want? Of course, it wouldn't bother me if they did. I just don't see it happening.

blackterminator3

No thank you, please we don't need anymore more types.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
i personally think it would be interesting if there were knew types you guys are just afraid of change

Yes, it's human to be afraid of change. But needing to adapt to change isn't the reason why new types don't have to be introduced. It's an issue of balance.
Early in the existence of anything, some things are bound to be overpowered and underpowered. The Steel- and Dark-types were made, if not for innovation purposes, to balance out the then-overpowered Psychic-type.

I think a new magic type would pretty cool.

Psychic-type? And the occasional Ghost- and Dark-type move.