• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything

?

• ?

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • ?

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

Ilan

I really don't get why people complain that new type(s) would make the game more complicated. Personally I think it'd be simple. XYZ type is good against [this] and bad against [that]. Print out a type chart if you have trouble ;p

Of course there's the metagame complication, but it's not like the metagame stays the same. In a new generation pokemon get a new ability/move/niche that makes them better (see Cloyster this gen). Between generations the metagame will change - this are banished to ubers (Blaziken comes to mind). If a new type was introduced next gen it wouldn't be that chaotic - there would be many other things that shake up the metagame. If you disagree, compare gen IV and gen V . . .

Of some of the types suggested, light and sound are definitely ones that I've heard before. But they're still nifty IMO. Light seems obvious to me: SE against dark, ghost, maybe poison, NVE against grass (plants love light), light, and maybe steel (metals can reflect light!). Could be weak against dark and ghost (I see them as opposites; don't start with me what a dark type is/isn't. I already read that).

Sound type seems a bit trickier to me. SE against normal (it has to be SE against something), water (if I'm correct, sound is faster in water), flying (ala air, sound travels in air too). NVE against steel (machines don't have ears), rock (rocks don't have ears), light (light faster than sound). Weak against light . . . uh, I'm running out of ideas!

But I am open to new types :)

Sound is merged with normal type that would make meloetta,whismurr and maybe jigglipuff sound types.. that's would be weird..
so sound exists.. (see: special normal moves and soundproof abillity)
of course bug buzz is also a sound move so are some others it would make bug types lose their best STAB..

Light type while seems right in the type chart.. what will you base light pokemon on? will clefable and co. types will change?

Light is represented by: electric,psychic and fighting.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Honestly, I don't think we need another type. We already have types that can apply to anything.

You want light-type Pokémon? Choose either electric or psychic, those two fit.

You want sand type Pokémon? We already have it, it's called ground.

And bird is obviously flying.

See? There is no need for another type because we already have enough types and they can all apply to anything that Pokémon can be.

ebevan91

To the people saying light type... Dark's counterpart already exists, it's the fighting type. The typing doesn't mean dark as in the absence of light. It's hard to explain but think of it this way:

Honor (fighting) vs. dishonor (dark)

A fighting type will fight honorably while the dark type will do whatever is necessary to win, like a kick between the legs for example.

DiaRubyTandem

The Fastest Comeback
Ville Region
Gym Leader 1: Rocky: Geodude Lvl. 14, Onix Lvl. 14, Onix Lvl. 16

Gym Leader 2: Heath: Vulpix Lvl. 14, Charmeleon Lvl. 15, Torkoal Lvl. 18

Gym Leader 3: Aerile: Pidgey Lvl. 17, Pidgey Lvl. 18, Swellow Lvl. 17, Fearow Lvl. 21

Gym Leader 4: Stevie: Skarmory Lvl. 18, Aron Lvl. 19, Metang Lvl. 22, Skarmory Lvl. 25

Gym Leader 5: Vroak: Magnemite Lvl. 19, Electabuzz lvl. 23, Magneton Lvl. 28, Raichu Lvl. 31

Gym Leader 6: Simpie: Linoone Lvl. 27, Raticate Lvl. 26, Vigoroth Lvl. 33, Spinda Lvl. 29, Slaking Lvl. 39

Gym Leader 7: Bugsy and Bugtie: Shedinja Lvl. 45, Ninjask Lvl. 46

Gym Leader 8: Gary Oak: Pidgeot Lvl. 47, Rhydon Lvl. 46, Exeggutor Lvl. 48, Arcanine Lvl. 46, Gyrados Lvl. 48

Gym Leader 9: Gugby: Dusclops Lvl. 48, Haunter Lvl. 47, Sabelye Lvl. 50, Gengar Lvl. 49, Dusknoir Lvl. 51

Elite Four:

Elite Four 1: Wallace: Wailord Lvl. 52, Ludicolo Lvl. 54, Gyrados Lvl. 52, Empoleon Lvl. 55, Swampert Lvl. 56

Elite Four 2: Sidney: Mightyena Lvl.54, Shiftry Lvl. 56, Sharpedo Lvl. 55, Umbreon Lvl. 56, Tyranitar Lvl. 57

Elite Four 3: Wally: Kecleon Lvl. 55, Cacturne Lvl. 56, Flygon Lvl. 57, Sceptile Lvl. 56, Gallade Lvl. 59

Elite Four 4: Grouny: Sandslash Lvl. 56, Vibrava Lvl. 56, Sandslash Lvl. 57, Donphan Lvl. 58, Swampert Lvl. 61

Champion: Brendan: Salamence Lvl.59, Shiftry Lvl. 61, Alakazam Lvl. 59, Camerupt Lvl. 63, Walrein Lvl. 61, Exploud Lvl. 64

REMATCH:

Elite Four 1: Wallace: Wailord Lvl. 55, Ludicolo Lvl. 57, Gyrados Lvl. 56, Empoleon Lvl. 58, Blastoise Lvl. 59

Elite Four 2: Sidney: Mightyena Lvl.56, Cacturne Lvl. 57, Crawdanut Lvl. 58, Sableye Lvl. 56, Tyranitar Lvl. 61

Elite Four 3: Wally: Kecleon Lvl. 58, Cacturne Lvl. 57, Flygon Lvl. 60, Sceptile Lvl. 61, Gallade Lvl. 62

Elite Four 4: Grouny: Steelix Lvl. 59, Flygon Lvl. 59, Steelix Lvl. 60, Donphan Lvl. 61, Claydol Lvl. 63

Champion: Brendan: Salamence Lvl.61, Torterra Lvl. 63, Alakazam Lvl. 61, Typlosion Lvl. 65, Metagross Lvl. 67, Swampert Lvl. 69

That's all, I gonna add Frontier brain tomorrow or sometime

Last edited:

RalfTheTyphlosion

Level 100 Typhlosion
I think it would be cool if Unown could get stat boosts or new abilities/moves based on certain team formations, i.e. if you had a party that spelled out words like "ATTACK" or DEFEND" or other such combat-related words. You know, something that would make them viable for combat and make use of the fact that they're letters.

RalfTheTyphlosion

Level 100 Typhlosion
Also: New(Joke?) Legendary idea:

Missingno
Glitch Pokemon

dex ver 1: It is said that this unstable man-made Pokemon has the power to bend reality itself.

dex ver 2: A scientist's attempt to create a virtual Pokemon malfunctioned, creating this powerful Pokemon.

base stats: 100 across board.

Ability:
Unstable: randomly raises and/or lowers stats at the start of a battle.

Signature move:

Crash
???-Type (or just Normal, with the added note that nothing resists it)

Damages reality, corrupting everything in range (inflicts random status ailment(s) on all Pokemon in battle, 10% chance of causing instant fainting)

And yes, I did put way too much thought into this. What do you all think?

EpicSquirtle

No looking back
Going to continue from my last post here:

-new abilities: No Trap: all arena trap moves dont work even if this pokemon isnt able to battle/still in its pokeball. ALL (all non event pokmon can have this ability) fire, ice, flying, bug types can hvae this ability as well as dusknoir, sabeleye, alakazam, Reuniclus, espeon.
Warrior(fighting type exclusive): all moves get a 25% power boost and can damage all types evenly. ALL fighting types have a chance of getting this ability!

That would make fighting types so Overpowered it wouldn't even be funny. Anyway I would change stealth rocks power to halve that it is now so more Pokemon can shine without stealth rock.

Cutty

Forever now
Name of machine: Warp Zone
Function: to warp up to any town.

Name of machine: Egg crusher
Function: to crush pokemon eggs if you don't need them (lazy to hatch).

DiaRubyTandem

The Fastest Comeback
Now here's my Frontier Brain Creation!
ALL Lvl. 100
Frontier Brain Dome: Flake: Salamence, Swampert, Camerupt
Frontier Brain Pike: Justin: Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno
Frontier Brain Pyramid: Caliver: Regigigas, Giratina, Darkrai
Frontier Brain Battle Tower: Finn: Crobat, Steelix, Shaymin
Frontier Brain Factory: Noland: Registeel, Regice, Regirock
Frontier Brain Palace: Gundy: Arceus, Regigon, Ho-oh
Frontier Brain Arena: Bruno: Machamp, Lugia, Lucario

EptyK

Abilities some pokemon should have!

Specualtion on a certain pokemon should get or even a made up ability.

I think gengar should get prankster(even though thats kind of over powered)
Scrafty should get regenerator because lizards can regrow limbs.

So lets brainstorm.

lidaboy

procrastina...
id say magnezone=levitate, any pokemon that learns nasty plot=prankster, thats all i got for now

Dreamy

I think most if not all ghosts should get prankster as a secondary ability or at least a hidden ability. I would like to see a unique ability for dragon pokemon that reduces damage from special attacks, which represents their resistance to magic.

SirRob

Not a pervert
Scraggy needs Scrappy, and I think Piplup would make good use of Pickup. And I'd like to see a Hydreigon with Hydration, too.

Ilan

Scraggy needs Scrappy, and I think Piplup would make good use of Pickup. And I'd like to see a Hydreigon with Hydration, too.

Those are their English names, so it doesn't make sense to base an ability on an English name.

Totally magnezone- levitate.

Sigilyph2

Trainer of Champions
I think Gengar should have Prankster and Magnezone should have levitate.