1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Alkaide, Jul 29, 2006.

?

?

1. ?

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. ?

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Meowtastic

Meowtastic Well-Known Member

Well then how about meowth get a third evolution? Why pikachu? Why not every pokemon get an extra evolution?

Jerimiyah likes this.
  2. Bariokie

Bariokie rock dog

Persian is strong enough.
    If it would evolve-
    It would learn new moves.
    Stats will be better
    It will be hard to beat.

Not evry pokemon that hasn't a 3rd evo needs a evo.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  3. Pikachufuture

Pikachufuture New Member

well first off not everyone can like charizard, and the dark type leopard needs a pokemon evolution before Persian.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  4. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

This isn't a logic explanation for the fact Pikachu shouldn't have a side evolution. Slowpoke isn't an amphibian, Eevee and Gloom aren't either. Side evolutions are common in Pokemon world regardless of the animal the Pokemon is based.

In the case of Pikachu, I just don't think it fits well having a side evolution.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  5. ludiloco

ludiloco Well-Known Member

Why should it?

6. Zachmac

Zachmac Well-Known Member

I feel Pikachu is too iconic to make any major changes like that to.

You could give Pikachu a light ball and double it's attack and special attack, though.

7. Pikachufuture

Pikachufuture New Member

pikachu being iconic did not stop it from getting a pre evolve form. it can get a slide evolution just because it get one dont mean anime pikachu will evolve to it it be for the games.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  8. Mays

Mays Well-Known Member

Wait, Pikachu is a mouse? Childhood is ruined.
    But if Mew's a cat, is that why Mew likes to play with Pikachu?

Jerimiyah likes this.
  9. Pikachufuture

Pikachufuture New Member

what you thought pikachu was ?

Jerimiyah likes this.
  10. Mr. Ribbles

Mr. Ribbles Cubchoo Lover

To be brutally honest, we don't need another Pikachu evolution. Pichu->Pikachu->Raichu is just fine for me.

As others have said, It wouldn't make sense. If you prefer to use Pikachu over Raichu but hate its stats, make Pikachu hold a Light ball

11. Mefista

Mefista I hate fujoshi

Raichu pwns,so no side evos for Pikachu. Better give evos to pokemon who have none

Jerimiyah likes this.
  12. Mays

Mays Well-Known Member

Something other than a mouse! Makes sense when you think about it, but didn't seem like a mouse to me

Jerimiyah likes this.
  13. Pikachufuture

Pikachufuture New Member

I see no reason why it should not have one I think it will someday.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  14. blaze boy

blaze boy Aka SamuraiDon

Actually there is logic behind why the pokémon get a split evolution.

Slowpoke has one because the it's holding a king rock that increases the chance of a Shellder biting it head, thus causing Slowking to become intelligence due to Shellder's venom. Gloom has one because the Sun stone purify the poison, hence why Bellossom is pure grass And Eevee has a irregular shaped genetic structur,e which it allows it to evolve into multiple Pokémon.

Because it doesn't need one, since Pikachu can use either a Light Ball or a Eviolite two item that Raichu can't ever use.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    Jerimiyah likes this.
  15. Pikachufuture

Pikachufuture New Member

just because it has those items don't mean it can't get a slide evolution.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  16. Plus side down side

Plus side down side Lass Trainer

It doesn't need one?

You could argue the exact same thing for any Pokemon.
    "Why doesn't Shinx have a split evolution?"
    "Why doesn't Clefairy have a split evolution?"
    "Why doesn't Hoppip have a split evolution?"

It's because it doesn't necessarily need one. Not only does it have its own niches, but it's more fun to add a completely different electric rodent to a new region rather than just adding a new evolution to an already iconic Pokemon line.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  17. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

I thought that Pikachu was a hamster before reading somewhere that actually it is a mouse.

Unlike you, that did not ruined the way I see Pikachu because mouses and hamsters look like very much with each other.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  18. The Sandslasher

The Sandslasher BAZINGA!!!

That would just make games and shows and stuff much too complicated. Pikachu is amazing as he is. LONG LIVE PIKACHU!!!

Jerimiyah likes this.
  19. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

The plural for mouse is mice. I'm actually a big fan of cartoon mice too, with Pikachu, Pinky and the Brain, Jerry, Speedy Gonzales, and others.

To stay on topic, Pikachu doesn't need another member of its evolutionary family. It's enough that we get new "distant relatives" each generation (Marill, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga).

Jerimiyah likes this.
  20. Pikafleg

Pikafleg Twenty-Six!

I bitterly agree that pikachu's stats are as terrible as it is awesome (or not even :p but you get the point...), but I also don't like evolving it into raichu because I love pikachu infinitely more! I've trained pikachus many times but always gave up on them because they are too weak (except in yellow version, somehow that pikachu is really good/average compared to the other pokemon I've trained). So what I'd really like is for pikachu to like be made, in a new generation, to have higher base stats! That would be like so awesome, though I doubt it would ever happen....and following the main point of this thread, no I do not think the answer is to give pikachu a branch evolution, and it would never be/feel as awesome as pikachu is. NEVER! ;025; :)

Jerimiyah likes this.