• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything

?

• ?

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • ?

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Going to merge this with the right thread in which you can come up with what you want in the games/series.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer

SMZCORE

Create your own move:
Name: Icy Water
Power: 80
Accuracy: 100
PP: 15
Effect: A freezing cold water. Has a 10% chance to freeze the foe.

Move: Cryo Heal
Type: Ice
Power: ---
Accuracy: ---
PP: 5
Effect: The user heals any status afflicted and restores 75% of user's HP. The user gets Frozen, however.

Name: Alchemy
Type: Steel
Power: ---
Accuracy: ---
PP: 10
Effect: The user turns the foe into a Steel-type.

Move/Ability changes:
Twister to 65 base power.
Illuminate to lower foe's accuracy one stage upon switching in.
Run Away to be able to escape Shadow Tag/Magnet Pull/Arena Trap/Mean Look (though user still can't switch after it uses Ingrain)
Focus Blast to 80% Accuracy
Egg Bomb to have 90% Accuracy and have wider distrubtion (I mean come on Exeggutor has much higher SpA and Blissey has crappy phy attack)
Iron Fist to have 33% boost rather than 20% boost to punching moves.

Moveset changes:
Metagross:
Stone Edge: Metagros can perfectly make that. I mean if Ursaring can do it so can Metagross a metallic heavy Pokemon.
Heavy Slam: Speaking of heavy. Heavy Slam makes perfect sense for Metagross considering its weight the "gross" part of its name. It also would have made more sense to have the dream world ability heavy metal rather than light metal
Comet Punch: Just for aesthetic purposes. (also Comic Punch should have a higher base power, say like Bullet Seed)

Zangoose:
Cut: self explanatory...

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
If there's one type I'd like to be added to the Pokemon franchise, it would be the Artificial/Synthetic type. I'd go with Synthetic just because it can be shortened to Synth. The reasons for this aren't really beneficial in terms of balancing the type chart, but because there are certain Pokemon that are 'Normal' type that definitely should not be thus.

I'm not so hot on the type matchups, and being that it would be a sort of mild change from the Normal type, there won't be that many strengths and weaknesses attributed to it. However I have a few things in mind:

Super effective against:
Steel
Electric

Weak against:
Poison
Ghost

Not very effective against:
Poison
Ghost
Psychic

Resistant against:
Steel
Electric
Psychic
Dark

But the main reason, as I've said, that I would like this type is that several Pokemon would already suit it:

Grimer (Poison/Synth)
Muk (Poison/Synth)
Voltorb (Electric/Synth)
Electrode (Electric/Synth)
Ditto (Synth)
Porygon (Synth)
Porygon2 (Synth)
Porygon-Z (Synth)
Castform (Synth)
Trubbish (Poison/Synth)
Garbodor (Poison/Synth)

Technically you could also dual type Mewtwo and/or Deoxys, but meh, don't like screwing round with legendaries.

There's also a few moves that could be Synthetic type, although most of them wouldn't be attacking moves so it wouldn't really matter:

Camouflage
Conversion
Conversion 2
Disable
Metronome
Mind Reader
Psych Up
Reflect Type
Swift
Transform
Tri Attack
Weather Ball

Last edited:

Alder

Come at me bro
I came up with this while bored in class. It's an idea for a region with no new Pokemon (because that's a lot more work than it's worth and I had a whole one already made and then lost two of the three notebooks it was written in) and the game plot and stuff like that and well now I found the thread to put it in.

Regional Pokedex:

0. Victini
1. Snivy
2. Servine
3. Serperior
4. Charmander
5. Charmeleon
6. Charizard
7. Mudkip
8. Marshtomp
9. Swampert
10. Whismur
11. Loudred
12. Exploud
13. Spearow
14. Fearow
15. Burmy
16. Wormadam
17. Mothim
18. Snubbull
19. Granbull
20. Shroomish
21. Breloom
22. W oobat
23. Swoobat
24. Pichu
25. Pikachu
26. Raichu
27. Togepi
28. Togetic
29. Togekiss
30. Trubbish
31. Garbodor
32. Nincada
33. Ninjask
34. Shedinja
35. Hoppip
36. Skiploom
37. Jumpluff
38. Emolga
39. Buizel
40. Floatsel
41. Bouffalant
42. Roggenrola
43. Boldore
44. Gigalith
45. Magikarp
46. Gyarados
47. Houndour
48. Houndoom
49. Gothita
50. Gothorita
51. Gothitelle
52. Cubone
53. Marowak
54. Farfetch'd
55. Stunky
56. Skuntank
57. Machop
58. Machoke
59. Machamp
60. Shinx
61. Luxio
62. Luxray
63. Clamperl
64. Huntail
65. Gorebyss
66. Bellsprout
67. Weepinbell
68. Victreebel
69. Wynaut
70. Wobbuffet
71. Basculin
72. Meowth
73. Persian
74. Tyrogue
75. Hitmonlee
76. Hitmonchan
77. Hitmontop
78. Qwilfish
79. Murkrow
80. Honchkrow
81. Litwick
82. Lampent
83. Chandelure
84. Koffing
85. Weezing
86. Drilbur
87. Excadrill
88. Dunsparce
89. Seedot
90. Nuzleaf
91. Shiftry
92. Stantler
93. Smoochum
94. Jynx
95. Rhyhorn
96. Rhydon
97. Rhyperior
98. Rufflet
99. Braviary
100. Castform
101. Frillish
102. Jellicent
103. Wailmer
104. Wailord
105. Horsea
106. Seadra
107. Kingdra
108. Chinchou
109. Lanturn
110. Tynamo
111. Eelektrik
112. Eelektross
113. Electrike
114. Manectric
115. Spiritomb
116. Slugma
117. Magcargo
118. Torkoal
119. Golett
120. Golurk
121. Heatmor
122. Durant
123. Onix
124. Steelix
125. Budew
126. Roselia
127. Roserade
128. Kecleon
129. Zorua
130. Zoroark
131. Chatot
132. Yanma
133. Yanmega
134. Anorith
135. Armaldo
136. Kabuto
137. Kabutops
138. Relicanth
139. Cranidos
140. Rampardos
141. Shieldon
142. Bastiodon
143. Aerodactyl
144. Riolu
145. Lucario
146. Kangaskhan
147. Pawniard
148. Bisharp
149. Cubchoo
150. Beartic
151. Druddigon
152. Gible
153. Gabite
154. Garchomp
155. Deino
156. Zweilous
157. Hydreigon
158. Porygon
159. Porygon2
160. Porygon-Z
161. Suicune
162. Raikou
163. Entei
164. Tornadus
165. Thundurus
166. Landorus
167. Groudon
168. Kyogre
169. Mewtwo
170. Genesect

Gym 1: Bug
-Burmy
-Yanma @Oran Berry

Gym 2: Poison
-Trubbish
-Trubbish
-Qwilfish @Sitrus Berry

Gym 3: Ghost
-Litwick @Oran Berry
-Shedinja

Gym 4: Psychic
-Gothorita
-Jynx
-Wobbuffet @Sitrus Berry

Gym 5: Fighting (Triple Battle)
-Hitmonchan
-Hitmonlee
-Hitmontop

Gym 6: Ground
-Onix
-Marshtomp
-Wormadam
-Marowak @Thick Club

Gym 7: Normal
-Exploud
-Farfetch'd @Stick
-Granbull
-Kangaskhan @Sitrus Berry

Gym 8: Dark
-Skuntank
-Spiritomb
-Zweilous
-Murkrow @Eviolite
-Bisharp @Sitrus Berry

Elite 4: Fire
-Charizard
-Chandelure
-Magcargo
-Torkoal
-Houndoom

Elite 4: Grass
-Serperior
-Breloom
-Jumpluff
-Roserade
-Shiftry

Elite 4: Water
-Swampert
-Jellicent
-Gyarados
-Wailord
-Kingdra

Elite 4: Flying
-Braviary
-Honchkrow
-Yanmega
-Swoobat
-Hydreigon

Champion
-Zoroark
-Gothitelle
-Garchomp
-Togekiss
-Machamp
-Shedinja

Final Boss: Giovanni
-Aerodactyl
-Rhyperior
-Gyarados
-Steelix
-Persian
-Porygon-Z

Plot involves Kyogre and Groudon being more-or-less randomly awoken and causing general havoc, the changes in weather cause the genies to surface; Landorus is pretty much clashing with Thundurus and Tornadus, to fit the rain vs. sun aspect, Suicune, Entei and Raikou appear to counteract them (more or less also adhering to the aspect; Suicune being the North Wind to counter Tornadus, Raikou countering Thundurus, Entei countering Landorus which makes the least sense out of all of them); a guy who later turns out to be Giovanni deploys Mewtwo to try and calm the legendaries down, then Mewtwo gets out of control and must be stopped; this is the Kyurem fight of the game. Giovanni wanted to save his name by staging a disaster and then solving it, a la Syndrome from the Incredibles, however Mewtwo stops listening to him. There probably isn't a team that needs stopping here, if it is it won't be Team Rocket. The Genesect event involves a behind-the-scenes explanation for Rayquaza not coming to calm them down; Genesect was used to murder the legendary. Victini is just some random event probably.

Other random ideas are the Champion showing up and noting that his Gothitelle can't read the stars/future properly because of all of the atmospherical interference, and the Flying E4 member being the lore guy and wondering where the hell Rayquaza is. Due to the weather screwing up one part of the game would have you go out and catch a Castform for study. Clamperl and Porygon would be gift Pokemon, with your choice of evolutionary item for Clamperl and the Up-Grade and Dubious Disc being given in some post-game sidequest(s). The idea is that nobody's seen a Porygon before and Giovanni starts carrying around a Porygon-Z and one of the supporting characters imports one post-main-game and gives it to you.

The Fossil Pokemon are all available in a relatively small cavern where Giovanni has been hiding out, sort of like he hid out in a cave during the HGSS Celebi event. It's also where he got his Aerodactyl, though I can't see that coming up in-game. Everything else more-or-less follows BW's trend of ordering the Pokedex in the approximate order you encounter the Pokemon in the wild; notable head-locations were a volcano for Groudon, where Slugma through Durant would be found (with stuff like Houndour and Woobat being found earlier in the game, but stronger here outside the volcano base), an underwater cave for Kyogre where Frillish through Eelektross would be found, a rugged mountainous canyon area for Rufflet/Smoochum/Rhyhorn where Castform is found for whatever quest involves it, a creepy/abandoned house with Koffing/Litwick/Drilbur in it and Dunsparce/Nuzleaf/Murkrow/Stantler in the grass/woods around it, and another wooded area with more of a natural, untouched-by-man, mystical feeling, with Chatot/Zorua/Roselia/Yanma-Yanmega. Everything else is spread out intermittently more-or-less in the order it appears. Victory Road contains things from Riolu to Hydreigon, with other things like wild Swoobat and whatnot (Woobat in Victory Road never sat well with me).

I also don't remember why I thought a gift Clamperl was a good idea, since you'd have to trade with someone for the evolution to work anyway. Maybe it would be an in-game trade and you still got to pick which evolution it was.

So there's my huge thing sitting in a Notepad doc.

Last edited:

SMZCORE

Pokemon based on characters/theme

Dragonborn/Dovakiin
Type: Fighting/Dragon (or Psychic/Dragon if mage)
Hyper Voice
Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
Imprison (soul capture)
Psycho Cut / Fury Cutter

Crash Bandicoot
Type: Normal
Rapid Spin
Bounce
Protect
Flash Cannon (the bazooka in C3 lol)

Wolverine
Type: Fighting/Steel
Metal Claw
Close Combat
Mean Look
Pursuit

Superman
Type: Fighting/Flying (or Steel/Fighting)
Fly
Superpower
Close Combat
Heat Wave / Icy Wind / ExtremeSpeed (4 moveslot syndrome lol)

Hulk
Type: Normal (or Fighting)
Ability: Anger Point
Bulk Up
Rage
Outrage
Close Combat

Human Torch
Type: Fire (or Fire/Fighting or Fire/Flying)
Flame Charge
Fly
Overheat
Fire Spin

Batman
Dark/Fighting
Ability: Intimidate
Shadow Sneak
Beat Up
Close Combat
Mean Look

Spiderman
Bug/Fighting
String Shot
Spider Web
Close Combat
Foresight (Spider sense lel)

EonDragonFTW

EonDragonFTW

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Yeah- But what's rong with Avatar? XD

Anyways, I have a whole binder with this kinda stuff. I'm making a region (that I slipped into my fan-fic) called the Demetri Region. 8 gyms, 4 elite four, a champion, evos, starters, new moves... so on and so forth.

I think that it'd be cool if there were moves called Wildfire and Voltage Leak that are also Field Moves. You're in a thick forest and you can burn a tree to clear a path, or your in a factory and you need to break a pipe or wire to clear a new way.

Grass should be called Nature.

ALSOOOOOOOOOOO... Here are some type ideas: Crystal/Gem, Cloud/Fog, Space/Comet, and Light/Ray.

I like the Comet type. There could even be a new weather, like hail, in which the user uses the move Meteor Shower, and non Comet types would be damaged, while Comet type moves are boosted. Moves like Meteor Smash, Spacial Fall, Celestial Crash, Star Toss, Comet Strike, Comet Punch, Comet Kick, Warp, and Moon-Fall would exist.

Comet Type PKMN take x2 damage from Psychic, Dark, and Rock. It takes x0 damage from Grass. It takes x0.5 damage from Dragon, Fairy, and Fire.
Comet Type PKMN deal x2 damage to Ground, Ice, Water, Comet and Bug. It deals x0 damage to nothing. It deals x0.5 damage to Fighting, Psychic, Ghost, and Dark.

I might be back later cause I'm full o' Ideas... XD XD XD

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Dream World Ideas

Pokemon without Dream World abilities that could have some/Pokemon that could do with an extra ability.

Bellsprout Line-Rattled(they're pitcher plants that eat bugs. It would make sense for them to be dangerous to bugs)
Gastly line-Poison Touch(they're poison gas)
Koffing line-Either Flare Boost(they're poison gas balls, so probably flammable) or Aftermath(they are well-known for exploding)
Mew-Trace(It can learn almost any move, why not know almost any ability?)
Misdrevous line-Intimidate(They like to spook people)
Unown-Needs an evolution BADLY. See Ciphable
Celebi-Regenerator(its a healer Pokemon), or perhaps its own ability(something to do with time travel, maybe?)
Slakoth line-Stall(Its still balancing Slaking/pointing at its lazy nature, but making it more versatile)
Lunatone-Um...Solar Power?(the Moon gets its light from the sun)
Solrock-Solar Power(Do I even need to explain why?)
Baltoy line-Tangled Feet(Spinning around will probably make Baltoy rather dizzy)
Duskull line-A new ability, given how its the Pokemon version of the Grim Reaper
Chingling line-Soundproof
Lati@s-Illusion(They can disguise themselves)
Jirachi-Friend Guard
Normal Deoxys-Anticipation(Its anticipating what form to take)
Atk Deoxys-No Guard(I have created a monster)
Def Deoxys-Big Pecks
Speed Deoxys-Speed Boost(Once again, I have created a monster)
Cherubi Line-Drought
Carnivine-Rattled(Its a venus flycatcher. It shouldn't be bothered by bugs)
Rotom-Trace(Considering Rotom can assimilate appliances)
Lake Trio-Synchronize
Regigigas-No Guard
Cresselia-Needs its own ability to counter Darkrai
Phione and Manaphy-Synchronize(Heart Swap)

Chaos Werewolf

Fairy trainer
Beartic is ice fighting.

Pokémon have all the moves you want to give them but there move slots are an active playlist which can't be changed when it's in battle.

Ditto B1tch

more resistances to ice type????

Currently ice type got only one resistance: itself. I guess this is rather unfair.

If you could suggest another types that ice could resist to, what types would be?

These are my suggestions:

* ground type because have you already seen ground over the snow? No, snow covers the ground. This could be good to balance the overpowered ground types like Garchomp and Excadrill.

* water type because if you throw water on an ice cube, the ice will unaffect it and also will be turned into ice, making the ice cube bigger (considering an icy enviroment). Plus, water and ice are based on the same element, they're similar.

* fighting type because it is quite pain to touch an object that is very icy, it hurts. So considering that fighting type moves are mostly based on physical, than this could make sense. Many fighting type being overused, with this change, things would got a little balanced as well.

Last edited:

ebevan91

You should've titled the thread "more resistances for ice type????" because the thread title makes me think more types need to resist ice.

DjangoCribbs

* water type because if you throw water on an ice cube, the ice will unaffect it and also will be turned into ice, making the ice cube bigger (considering an icy enviroment). Plus, water and ice are based on the same element, they're similar.

Do your research. Pretty sure that's not how it works. Your suggestion for Fighting, on the other hand, wasn't so bad. I'd drop the Ground one, you go round telling people that particular argument and they're gonna look at you funny.