• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything

?

• ?

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • ?

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Complete list of my Mega ideas and Primals

Kanto Megas and Primals​

Mega Butterfree
Type-Bug/Psychic
Ability-Compound Eyes
Apperance-Larger wings with patterns on them
Stat boost-Sp Atk and HP

Mega Beedrill
Type-Bug/Poison
Ability-Drill Boost(piercing moves like Drill Run and Pin Needle get a boost. Its like Iron Fist)
Apperance-Beedrill's wings atrophy as its limbs become stronger to support the body, and the drills become bigger
Stat boost-Physical Atk and Defense

Mega Raticate
Type-Ground
Ability-Terralize(Normal moves become Ground type)
Apperance-Raticate has stronger limbs for digging, and it gets concrete armor
Stat boost-Speed, HP and Defense

Mega Arbok
Type-Poison/Dragon
Ability-Intimidate
Apperance-A scarier looking Arbok
Stat boost-?

Mega Raichu
Type-Electric
Ability-Lightningrod
Apperance-Raichu's tail becomes much larger and heavier. Thunder emerges from its body, and Raichu is both bigger and more imposing
Stat boost-Raichu's speed greatly decreases, however its Sp Atk, Sp Def and Def are boosted. In other words, Raichu is the anti-Light Ball Pikachu

Mega Ninetails
Type-Fire/Fairy
Ability-Cursed Body
Apperance-A whiter, more etherial looking Ninetales with flames on the tips of its wings
Stat boost-Stronger Sp Atk, Speed and Def

Mega Parasect X and Y
Type-Bug/Ghost or Ghost/Grass
Ability-Cursed Body
Apperance-Mega Parasect X has a shrunken, blasted mushroom and a hollow shell body. Mega Parasect Y is completely dominated by the mushroom
Stat boost-Both of them have higher Special Attack and HP. X has better Special Defense, Y has better Physical Defense

Mega Arcanine
Type-Fire
Ability-Justified
Apperance-?
Stat boost-?

Mega Machamp
Type-Fighting
Ability-Iron Fist
Apperance-Machamp gains a lion leotard, and has six pairs of arms
Stat boost-Greater speed and def

Mega Golem
Type-Rock
Ability-Pressure
Apperance-Golem's body has become even more solidified, and it is quadrupedal with two arms
Stat boost-The defense is even more insane, and it has good special defense..in exchange for a few attack and HP

Mega Rapidash
Type-Fire
Ability-Levitate
Apperance-Mega Rapidash is a flaming unicorn-pegasus. Yes MLP fans, you have an alicorn
Stat boost-Even crazier speed

Mega Marowak
Type-Ground/Ghost
Ability-Healer
Apperance-A ghostly Marowak

Mega Mr Mime
Type-Psychic/Fairy
Ability-Trace
Apperance-Terrifying

Mega Jynx
Type-Ice/Psychic
Ability-Samba(special moves have a small chance of confusion)
Apperance-Thinner, growing two new arms and resembling the mama-uba more

Primal Omanyte and Primal Omastar
Type-Ground/Water
Ability-Heavy Armor(being hit lowers speed, but increases defense. It is the Anti-Weak Armor)

Primal Kabuto and Primal Kabutops
Type-Bug/Water
Ability-Swift Swim

Primal Aerodactyl
Type-Dragon/Flying
Ability-Pressure

Mega Articuno
Type-Ice/Flying
Ability-Snow Warning

Mega Zapdos
Type-Electric/Flying
Ability-Thunderstorm(causes the effect of Thunderstorm)

Mega Moltres
Type-Fire/Flying
Ability-Drought

Mega Dragonite
Type-Dragon/Water
Ability-Levitate
Stat boost-Greater special stats
Apperance-More majestic and a longer body

Primal Mew
Type-Psychic
Ability-Protean

Johto Megas and Primals​
Mega Meganium
Type-Grass/Fairy
Ability-Healer
Stat boost-It's even better at its job as a healer
Apperance-Glorious petal neck, more majestic in general

Mega Typhlosion
Type-Fire
Ability-Reckless
Stat boost-Stronger attack and special attack
Apperance-A Typhlosion with volcanos on its back

Mega Feraligatr
Type-Water
Ability-Tough Jaw
Stat boost-Great attack and speed
Apperance-A more ferocious Fearligatr

Mega Ariados
Type-Bug/Poison
Ability-Sniper
Stat boost-Generally better
Apperance-Now it has eight limbs, and eye patterns

Mega Sudowoodo
Type-Rock/Grass
Ability-Herbalize(Normal moves become Grass)
Apperance-Sudowoodo finally become a tree

Mega Dunsparce
Type-Normal/Dragon
Ability-Serene Grace
Apperance-A flying Dunsparce with fur and a long tail

Mega Delibird
Type-Ice/Flying
Ability-Healer
Apperance-Has become larger, fatter and more Santa Claus like
Stat change-Delibird gets a number of naturally learnt healing moves. In addition, it subtracts from its Atk and Sp Atk to gain huge HP and Defense. It's kind of like Blissey now

Mega Stantler
Type-Fairy
Ability-Pixilate
Apperance-A weirder Stantler
Stat boost-Increases Special

Primal Lugia
Type-Psychic/Dragon
Ability-Drizzle

Primal Ho-oh
Type-Fire/Psychic
Ability-Drought

Mega Celebi
Type-Grass/Fairy
Ability-Speed Boost

Hoenn Megas​
Mega Mighteyna
Type-Dark/Fighting
Ability-Intimate
Apperance-A more noble wolf

Mega Gallade
Type-Psychic/Fighting
Ability-Unchanged

Primal Torkoal
Type-Fire/Rock
Ability-White Smoke

Mega Cacturne
Type-Grass/Dark
Apperance-Resembles a scarecrow even more
Ability-Iron Barbs

Primal Baltoy and Claydol
Type-Ground/Psychic
Ability-Own Tempo

Primal Anorith and Primal Armaldo
Type-Water/Bug
Ability-Tough Jaw

Primal Lileep and Primal Cradily
Type-Water/Grass
Ability-Storm Drain

Mega Milotic
Type-Water/Psychic
Ability-Marvel Scale

Mega Castform
Type-Normal/Flying
Ability-Forecast(remodified to affect the primary type)

Mega Tropius
Type-Grass/Dragon
Ability-Harvest

Mega Glalie
Type-Ice/Fairy
Ability-Intimidate

Primal Regi trio
Types-An extra with Fighting
Ability-Reconstruct(healed by moves of their own type)

Primal Rayquaza?

Primal Jirachi
Type-Steel/Fairy
Ability-Super Luck

Sinnoh Primals​
Primal Rampardos
Type-Fighting
Ability-Rock Head

Primal Bastiodon
Type-Normal/Steel
Ability-Filter

Mega Drifblim
Type-Ghost/Flying
Ability-Magician
Stat boost-Better defense, special defense and special attack
Apperance-Looks like a flying zeppelin

Primal Bronzong
Type-Steel/Psychic
Ability-Drizzle

Mega Carnivine
Type-Grass
Ability-Fly Catcher(Bug moves heal this Pokemon)
Apperance-Mega Carnvine has grown legs, stronger arms and has an iron trap jaw

Mega Rotom
Type-Electric/Fairy
Ability-Levitate

Primal Uxie
Type-Psychic
Ability-Forewarn

Primal Mesprit
Type-Psychic
Ability-Own Tempo

Primal Azelf
Type-Psychic
Ability-Steadfast

Primal Regigigas
Type-Normal/Fighting
Ability-Reckless

Mega Phione
Type-Water/Fairy
Ability-Serene Grace

Primal Dialga
Type-Steel/Dragon
Ability-Speed Up(on both sides, charged moves are fired automatically)

Primal Palkia
Type-Water/Dragon
Ability-Narrow Down(moves always hit their target)

Primal Giratina
Type-Dragon
Ability-Distortion(moves aimed at the ally's Pokemon have reversed type differences)

Primal Arceus
Type-Normal
Ability-Protean

Unova Megas​
Mega Seismitoad
Type-Water/Ground
Ability-Soundblast(Sound based moves are boosted in power)
Apperance-Its lumps become more like drums

Mega Basculin Red and Mega Basculin Blue
Type-Water/Fighting
Ability-Justified
Apperance-A more ferocious looking fish

Mega Cofagrigus
Type-Ghost
Ability-Mummy
Apperance-A mummy, escaped from its tomb
Stats-Defense stats drop to increase speed and attack

Primal Carracosta
Type-Water/Ground
Ability-Shell Armor

Primal Archeops
Type-Normal/Flying
Ability-Reckless

Mega Beartic
Type-Ice
Ability-?

Mega Stunfisk
Type-Ground/Electric
Ability-Shadow Tag

Mega Druddigon
Type-Dragon
Ability-Sheer Force

Mega Golurk
Type-Ground/Ghost
Ability-Unstable(essentially acts as an auto-Life Orb)

Mega Hydreigon
Type-Steel/Dragon
Ability-Mega Launcher
Apperance-Hydreigon has cannons on its back, and it can stand on its legs now

Primal Genesect
Type-Bug/Water
Ability-Download

Mega Genesect
Type-Bug/Steel
Ability-Focused Power(moves get STAB depending on Genesect's plate)

Kalos Megas​
Mega Vivillion
Type-Bug/Fairy
Ability-Cute Charm

Mega Furfuro
Type-Normal
Ability-Same

Primal Tyrantrum
Type-Dragon
Ability-Tough Claws

Primal Aurorus
Type-Ice
Ability-Refrigerate

Mega Carbink
Type-Rock/Fairy
Ability-Hard Armor(physical moves lower the attack of the foe who makes contact with Carbink)

Mega Goodra
Type-Dragon/Water
Ability-Gooey

Mega Avalugg
Type-Ice/Steel
Ability-Sturdy

Mega Zygarde X and Y
Ability-Aura Break
Type-Dragon/Poison(Mega Zygarde X), Dragon/Electric(Mega Zygarde Y)

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Okay, so I was thinking about the type chart and how it could be balanced further. So right now, we have the following problems:

-Ice types only resist themselves.
-Ground types have a near monopoly on Electric type coverage and are pretty OP in general.
-Dark and Ghost have the same type advantages, making them somewhat interchangeable.
-Grass, Rock, and Bug have terrible coverage overall, they're weak to a ton of types and resisted by a ton of types.

So I was thinking about what kinds of type concepts could be used to fix these issues, and then I remembered someone (I think it was on this forum) bring up the idea of an Alien type, and as I was thinking about the possible type advantages and it could actually add quite a bit of balance to the type chart. I haven't worked out all of the type matchups completely, but here's what I'm thinking:

Super effective against: Normal, Electric
Weak to: Poison, maybe Grass?
Resists: Normal, Electric, Fighting
Resisted by: Grass, Poison

As for what kinds of Pokemon you could see, I'm thinking they could start off with the following:

Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable- Fairy/Alien
Deoxys- Psychic/Alien
Elgyem/Beheeyem- Psychic/Alien
New Eeveelution- Alien
Flying saucer Pokemon/Spaceship Pokemon- Alien/Flying
Some type of Bug/Alien type (not sure what species of bug would work for this)
Maybe Mega Porygon-Z as Normal/Alien?

And maybe a few other families, but that's about all I can think of. It wouldn't be much, but it would be enough to start out with.

Aside from Alien type, I think they should make a few more tweaks to round things out:

-Give Ice resistances to Ground and Dragon
-Remove Fairy's resistance to Bug

And that fixes just about everything. Alien would remove Fighting and Ground's niche against Normal and Electric, which reduces their usage and Grass, Bug, and Ice all get some form of a boost from this new type chart. The only issues still left are Rock's terrible defensive coverage (which I don't think can be fixed) and Dark/Ghost having the same type advatanges. Sadly, I can't think of any ideas for the latter issue, anyone have any ideas on that?

Navarch

Okay, so I was thinking about the type chart and how it could be balanced further. So right now, we have the following problems:

-Ground types have a near monopoly on Electric type coverage and are pretty OP in general.
-Dark and Ghost have the same type advantages, making them somewhat interchangeable.
-Grass, Rock, and Bug have terrible coverage overall, they're weak to a ton of types and resisted by a ton of types.

So I was thinking about what kinds of type concepts could be used to fix these issues, and then I remembered someone (I think it was on this forum) bring up the idea of an Alien type, and as I was thinking about the possible type advantages and it could actually add quite a bit of balance to the type chart. I haven't worked out all of the type matchups completely, but here's what I'm thinking:

As for what kinds of Pokemon you could see, I'm thinking they could start off with the following:

Deoxys- Psychic/Alien
New Eeveelution- Alien

And maybe a few other families, but that's about all I can think of. It wouldn't be much, but it would be enough to start out with.

Aside from Alien type, I think they should make a few more tweaks to round things out:

And that fixes just about everything. Alien would remove Fighting and Ground's niche against Normal and Electric, which reduces their usage and Grass, Bug, and Ice all get some form of a boost from this new type chart. The only issues still left are Rock's terrible defensive coverage (which I don't think can be fixed) and Dark/Ghost having the same type advatanges. Sadly, I can't think of any ideas for the latter issue, anyone have any ideas on that?

I really like your ideas, but I have some thoughts.

Super effective against: Electric, Ground
Weak to: Grass, Dark
Resists: Ground, Electric, Fighting
Resisted by: Grass, Dark, Ice

Normal is bad enough as it is IMO, and Poison just got a buff and is doing fairly well. I added some Dark Type stuff as well, to set it aside from Ghost. I also added a resisted by Ice, and a super effective against and resist to Ground.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I really like your ideas, but I have some thoughts.

Super effective against: Electric, Ground
Weak to: Grass, Dark
Resists: Ground, Electric, Fighting
Resisted by: Grass, Dark, Ice

Normal is bad enough as it is IMO, and Poison just got a buff and is doing fairly well. I added some Dark Type stuff as well, to set it aside from Ghost. I also added a resisted by Ice, and a super effective against and resist to Ground.

I don't really like any of these ideas.

The point of being SE against Normal is to reduce Fighting type usage, so it's somewhat of a necessary evil. Ground also doesn't really need another weakness, it's got plenty IMO, the only thing Ground needs is more types resisting it. Weakness to Dark is good, but if it's not paired with another type that's weak to Ghost, it does more harm than good. If you only give Dark a type advantage, then Ghost becomes the new Poison type, it becomes less useful because Dark is good against everything Ghost is plus more. As for Poison, well it doesn't really need anything per se, but it's outclassed by other types to a degree so it could benefit from the boost.

Also, I'm not sure some of these ideas fit real world logic. I mean, how does it make sense for Alien to be SE against Ground? Or weak against Dark? Or resisted by Ice? Most of mine make sense. Alien is SE against Normal because aliens are typically depicted as being stronger life forms than humans. It's SE against Electric because they can disrupt electricity. And then it's weak to Poison and Grass because aliens are typically weak to natural/environmental forces. So how do you justify your ideas using real world logic?

Navarch

I don't really like any of these ideas.

The point of being SE against Normal is to reduce Fighting type usage, so it's somewhat of a necessary evil. Ground also doesn't really need another weakness, it's got plenty IMO, the only thing Ground needs is more types resisting it. Weakness to Dark is good, but if it's not paired with another type that's weak to Ghost, it does more harm than good. If you only give Dark a type advantage, then Ghost becomes the new Poison type, it becomes less useful because Dark is good against everything Ghost is plus more. As for Poison, well it doesn't really need anything per se, but it's outclassed by other types to a degree so it could benefit from the boost.

Also, I'm not sure some of these ideas fit real world logic. I mean, how does it make sense for Alien to be SE against Ground? Or weak against Dark? Or resisted by Ice? Most of mine make sense. Alien is SE against Normal because aliens are typically depicted as being stronger life forms than humans. It's SE against Electric because they can disrupt electricity. And then it's weak to Poison and Grass because aliens are typically weak to natural/environmental forces. So how do you justify your ideas using real world logic?

Yeah, I wasn't really thinking about logic. But you are right about most of those points, especially the Alien/Normal one.

I have a neat idea I came up with a few nights ago, something I think could be a neat new mechanic to add as an expansion to Mega evolution. Sadly, I can only think of one name for it, and this name was used by Digimon a long time ago: Fusion Evolution.

Here's the idea: Just like Mega Evolution, it's temporary and requires a Mega Stone, but the difference is it happens when you Mega Evolve a Pokemon using a different species' Mega Stone. Just as only a couple dozen species can Mega Evolve, only a relatively small number of species would be able to Fusion Evolve. Here are a few examples I think could work:
*Mega evolve Carnivine using Scizorite; its leaves/arms gain hands that look like miniature fly-catchers, about 1/4 the size of its normal head.
*Mega evolve Rapidash using Medichamnite to create a centaur.
*Mega evolve Tauros using Lucarionite to create a Minotaur.
*Mega evolve Blissey using Kangaskhanite to make the egg in its pouch hatch.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Dream Pokemon Tournament​
Storyline​
You can enter a Dream World, featuring the Dream Teams of characters around the world. Enter these trainer's dreams of what powerful Pokemon they desire, and beat them! You gain experience, but don't register them on the Pokedex. In this Dreamscape, the Pokemon's normal abilities are switched to their Dream World ability

Legendary Championship-The Secret Tournament(Banned Pokemon with a BST of 600 welcome)​
Level of the opponents: Level 60
Blue-Mew
Tate(When using Pokemon Omega Ruby)-Jirachi
Liza(When using Pokemon Alpha Sapphire)-Deoxys(form determined randomly)
Gardenia-Shaymin Land(When using Pokemon Omega Ruby), Shaymin Sky(When using Pokemon Alpha Sapphire)
Cheren-Meloetta
Valerie-Diancie

Legendary Championship-Legendary Encounter(Mascot Pokemon welcome)​
Sabrina-Mewtwo
Falkner-Ho-oh(When using Pokemon Omega Ruby), Lugia(When using Pokemon Alpha Sapphire)
Flannery(When using Pokemon Alpha Sapphire)-Groudon
Wallace(When using Pokemon Omega Ruby)-Kyogre
Crasher Wake(When using Pokemon Alpha Sapphire)-Palkia
Byron(When using Pokemon Omega Ruby)-Dialga
Chili(When using Pokemon Alpha Sapphire)-Reshiram
Elesa(When using Pokemon Omega Ruby)-Zekrom
Serena-Xerneas(when using Pokemon Alpha Sapphire), Yveltal(when using Pokemon Omega Ruby)

Legendary Championship-The Ultimate Opponent(Pokemon capable of exceeding 680 BST)​
Red-Mega Mewtwo X
Lance-Mega Mewtwo Y
Steven-Mega Latias(Pokemon Omega Ruby), Mega Latios(Pokemon Alpha Sapphire)
Cynthia-Arceus(Draco Plate)
Iris(When using Pokemon Alpha Sapphire)-Black Kyurem
Alder(When using Pokemon Omega Ruby)-White Kyurem
Diantha-Mega Diancie

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby​
Hoenn legendaries​
Latias and Latios-Instead of being roaming, they are present as being disguised as people. Over time, they will wander around the game like Suicune in Pokemon HGSS. They are Level 45. In the after-game, they get their Mega Stone
Regis-Unchanged, though less confusing
Regigigas-Obtained post-game in the Temple of Kings, which is being excavated by Brandon. It is filled with artificial Pokemon: Electrode, Porygon, Claydol and Golurk. Requires the three Regis to unlock
Kyogre/Groudon-We'll have to wait and see
Rayquaza-Have Kyogre and Groudon together

Other legendaries​
Legendary beasts-For once, they don't run around
Lugia-Located in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire at Level 70. It is found using
Dive
Ho-oh-Located in Pokemon Omega Ruby at Level 70. It is found using Fly to reach up to its peak
Arceus-Partly an event, partly a common. Arceus will only be summoned if you have the shiny creation trio

Event legendaries​
Diancie-Found relatively early in the game, similar to Victini. Use an event item to go to Diamond Cove, a place full of Carbink. In the centre is a Level 15 Diancie
Hoopa and Jirachi-Released
Volcanion-Found in the volcano
Deoxys-The Space Centre Key, after dealing with Team Magma/Aqua. At Level 50, in the Space Station. It is a strange place without gravity, so Ground and Flying moves and type do not exist here(pure Ground and Flying become Normal instead). In the after-game fight the leader of the space station, who has his own Deoxys in order to access Deoxys' Balance forme(100 Base Stat on each value)

Former Player Characters​
Trainer Ethan/Kris/Lyra: Typhlosion/Feraligatr/Meganium, Azumarill, Noctowl, Heracross, Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee/Hitmontop, Espeon
Trainer Brendan: Swampert, Rhyperior, Mega Aggron, Shiftry, Torkoal, Swellow
Trainer May: Blaziken, Glaceon, Crawdaunt, Snorlax, Glalie, Delcatty
Trainer Lucas: Infernape, Clefable, Alakazam, Staravia, Floatzel, Gliscor
Trainer Dawn: Empoleon, Clefable, Alakazam, Mamoswine, Togekiss, Lopunny

PKMNOriginsRed

Pokemon Trainer
A second round of remakes in Gen 7-10 for Red and Blue/Green, InfernoRed and HydroBlue/SolarGreen

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Mirror World(Kanto Saga)

Ash's Pokemon​
Mirror Fearow: May have kept it
Mirror Beedrill: The nervous Mirror Ash and domineering Mirror Pikachu, ended up in Butterfree never leaving. Fearow and Beedrill are the counterparts to Pidgeot and Butterfree
Mirror Venusaur: Mirror Bulbasaur didn't have anything against evolving, and as a consequence it never actually ended up with Ash
Mirror Charizard: Mirror Damian was a much nicer individual, so it wasn't abandoned
Mirror Squirtle: Due to being law abiding here, Ash never got it
Mirror Primeape: Due to a number of factors Ash never managed to get it
Mirror Rhyhorn: Instead of the Tauros herd, we got a Rhyhorn horde
Mirror Porygon-Porygon2-Porygon Z: In the mirror anime, Electric Soldier Porygon never caused seizures. A bunch of odd events led to Ash being given Porygon
Mirror Magneton-Magnezone: The issue of the power station was reversed. There Grimer and Muk were good, but the Magnemite weren't. Magneton(later Magnezone)
Mirror Kingler: Not much different
Some other Pokemon

Come on guys, let's make this a thing

Last edited:

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
New game and region idea + starters

The Oranda Region is located half way between the Unova and Kanto/Johto regions and has many Pokémon not found anywhere else.

Game versions:
Jurassic Version
Cretaceous Version
Triassic Version

Region name:
Oranda (Based on the Netherlands)
Total # of Fakemon: 151

Starters:

Grass Starter:

Koalypt (Koala + Eucalyptus)
species: Koala Pokémon
Type: Grass
Size: 30 cm 7,5 kg
Ability: Immunity (Prevents the Pokémon from being poisoned)

Pokédex Entry 1: Koalypt usually spend most of their time in trees where they either sleep or stuff themselves with leaves which are poisonous to most other Pokémon.

Pokédex Entry 2: Allthough lazy in nature, Koalypts can be aggressive when they feel they are theatened and use their claws to keep predators at bay.

Appearance: A dark green bipedal Koala with leaf-like protrusions on it's ears.

Wombattle (Wombat + Battle)
Evolves from Koalypt at level 17
Type: Grass/Fighting
Species: Wombat Pokémon
Size: 90 cm 40 kg

Pokédex Entry 1: Wombattle is a gentle Pokémon who prefers to rest in deep holes in the ground and won't attack unless it's provoked.

Pokédex Entry 2: Wombattle are normally calm in nature but when provoked, they can use their powerful paws to knock out any potential threats. They are known to be able to knock out a Steelix with a single punch.

Appearance: A green bipedal wombat with thickened front paws.

Diprando (Diprotodon + Taikwando)
Evolves from Wombattle at level 36
Type: Grass/Fighting
Species: Giant Wombat Pokémon
Size: 2,50 m 250 kg

Pokédex Entry 1: Diprando's are usually gentle and calm in nature but when provoked, they can use their bulk to knock any potential threats. Their armor is made out of a type of wood which is harder then granite.

Pokédex Entry 2: Due to their hard armor, Diprando's have very few natural predators. Despite this armor, this Pokémon has become very rare since the last ice age.

Appearance: A quadrupedal green Diprotodon (A type of giant prehistoric wombat from the last ice age of Australia) with brown armor plates on the shoulders and lower front legs.

Fire starter:

Pyrophys (Pyro + Coelophysis)
Type: Fire
Species: Early Dinosaur Pokémon
Size: 34 cm 3 kg
Ability: Ignition (ATK and Speed raises when it uses a fire-type move)

Pokédex entry 1: Despite their small size, pyrophys are very agile and fierce hunters and usually live in large groups. Their nimble snouts can reach from underneath the thickest scales.

Pokédex entry 2: Pyrophys are pack hunters which allows them to take down prey 20 times their own size. In times of drought and food scarcity, Pyrophys's are known to become cannibalistic and turn on their own young.

Appearance: A red coelophysis (A primitive theropod dinosaur from the late Triassic) with a flame on it's head resembling plumage.

Pyraptor (Pyro + Raptor)
Evolves from Pyrophys at level 17
Type: Fire/Dark
Species: Raptor Pokémon
Size: 1,50 m 30 kg

Pokédex entry 1: Pyraptors are highly intelligent pack hunters which are able to take down prey as big as tanks and use their hind claw to tear their prey appart.

Pokédex entry 2: Caution is required when approaching these fierce Pokémon. Pyraptors live in organized packs which enables them to take down prey, many times their own size.

Appearance: A red velociraptor with dark brown jaws and flames coming from the back of it's head, arms and tail.

Volcarex (Volcano + Rex (As in Tyrannosaurus Rex)
Evolves from Pyraptor at level 36
Type: Fire/Dark
Species: Tyrant Pokémon
Size: 4,5 m 500 kg

Pokédex Entry 1: Volcarex is a large solitairy hunter who rarely accepts members of it's own kind near them and meetings between them often end up in violent fights.

Pokédex Entry 2: Also known as the king of the fire-type Pokémon, A volcarex bite is said to even cause 3rd degree burn wounds on dragon type Pokémon.

Appearance: A red T-Rex with dark brown jaws and flames coming from the back of it's head and tail

Water Starter:

Andrewpup (Andrewsarchus (An ancient mammal from the Eocene) + puppy)
Type: Water
Species: Hoofed pup Pokémon
Size: 30 cm 6 kg
Abillity: Swift swim (Boosts the Pokémon's speed in rain)

Pokédex entry 1: Andrewpups inhabit the coasts of lakes, seas and oceans where they hunt for fish and other small animals. Instead of claws, Andrewpups have small hoofs on their toes.

Pokédex entry 2: Andrewpups may be small but they are fierce hunters, despite their lack of claws. Their bite can crush through bone and armor.

Appearance: A blue puppy-like Pokémon with hoof-like nails on it's paws

Ambumud (Ambulocetus (A primitive whale ancestor) + Mud)
Evolves from Andrewpup at level 17
Type: Water
Species: Walking Whale Pokémon
Size: 120 cm 40 kg
Abillity: Swift swim (Boosts the Pokémon's speed in rain)

Pokédex entry 1: Ambumud feels as much at home on land as in the water. These ambush hunters normally hide just under the water surface to catch it's prey by surprise.

Pokédex entry 2: Ambumud resemble a missing link between land and marine Pokémon which is shown by the fact that they feel at home on both the land and in the water.

Appearance: A blue wolf-like pokemon with hoof-like nails on it's front paws, but with it's hindlegs turned into flippers and now has a whale-like tail

Basilocean (Basilosaurus (An ancient whale from the late Eocene) + Ocean)
Evolves from Ambumud at level 36
Type: Water / Ice
Species: Early Whale Pokémon
Size: 6 m 3000 kg
Abillity: Swift Swim (Boosts the Pokémon's speed in rain)

Pokédex entry 1: Basilocean live in large groups of up to 30 individuals and are known to travel thousands of miles between mating and giving birth to their young.

Pokédex entry 2: Basilocean are believed to be the ancestors of Wailmer and Wailord. Unlike it's decendants, Basilocean are fearsome pack hunters which sometimes even beach to grab their prey.

Appearance: A blue primitive whale with two large front flippers and two much smaller hind flippers.

Trainer Options:
Boy- Alex
Girl- Els
Rival- Demian

Hometown:
Campanian town (Based on Den Helder)
Prof. Ginko

Evil team:
Team Epoch

Objective:
Return the world to it's prehistoric origins when Pokémon were much more powerful and ruthless.

Leader:
Gideon

Executives:
Darwin, Cope and Wegener

Gymleaders and badges:
André, The Canal manager (Water) - Canal badge @ Cambrian City (Based on Amsterdam)

Amelia, The Sky pioneer (Flying) Ptera badge @ Siluur Town (Based on Schiphol)

John, The Fossil hunter (Rock/Ground) Fossil badge @ Carbo City (Based on Leiden)

Daniel, The Train fanatic (Steel) Railway badge @ Ladinian City (Based on Utrecht)

Natasja, the Gardener (Grass) Fern badge @ Pleisto City (Based on Nijmegen)

Ron, The bug collector (Bug) Beetle badge @ Aptian City (Based on (Based on Arnhem)

Anne, The Dragon tamer (Dragon) Mosa badge @ Maastrichtian Island (Based on Maastricht)

Rintje, The Ice Skater (Ice) Skating badge @ Eocene Town (Based on Leeuwarden)

Extra Places:
Devo Town- the 1st town you visit (Based on Alkmaar)
Frasnian City- Important harbor (Based on Rotterdam)
Albian Town- historical town and a place to have battles (Based on The Hague)
Phanero City - (Cretaceous version) (Based on Den Bosh)
Oligo Forest - (Jurassic version) place to catch wild Pokemon

Elite Four:
Robert (Normal)
Sasha (Psychic)
Alfred (Fire)
Manon (Fighting)

Champion:
Gina (Dragon)

Russell-Bowman

So far all I've come up with for my fan-region is the gym leader, they are:

1) Nick, Normal-types, his team is a level 11 Pidgey and a level 14 Slakoth (start things off nice and simple).
2) Daisy, Grass-types, her team is a level 18 Skiddo and a level 20 Carnivine.
3) The third gym is different based on the version. One version has Faye, who uses Fairy-types and has a team consisting of a level 23 Togetic, a level 23 Floette and a level 25 Granbull, while the other version has Lillith, who uses Dark-types and has a level 23 Murkrow, a level 23 Liepard and a level 25 Sableye.
4) Craig, Rock-types, his team is a level 28 Graveler, a level 28 Nosepass and a level 30 Aerodactyl.
5) Fergal, Fire-types, his team is a level 34 Camerupt, a level 35 Darmanitan and a level 36 Pyroar.
6) Shona, Electric-types, her team is a level 39 Magneton, a level 40 Zebstrika and a level 42 Lanturn.
7) Cordelia, Water-types, her team is a level 45 Clawitzer, a level 47 Sharpedo and a level 49 Milotic.
8) Terrence, Psychic-types, his team is a level 52 Alakazam, a level 54 Musharna and a level 56 Claydol.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Legendary Mega and Primals+others​
Primal Mew
Type-Psychic
Ability-Protean

Mega Entei
Type-Fire
Ability-Regenerator

Mega Raikou
Type-Electric
Ability-Regenerator

Mega Suicune
Type-Water/Fairy
Ability-Pure Body(Poison moves and poisoning do nothing)

Primal Lugia
Type-Psychic/Dragon
Ability-Drizzle

Primal Ho-oh
Type-Fire/Flying
Ability-Drought

Primal Celebi
Type-Psychic/Fairy
Ability-Healer

Primal Rayquaza
Type-Dragon/Flying
Ability-Vacuum(Fire and Water moves are cancelled out)

Mega Rayquaza Alpha
Type-Dragon/Fire
Ability-Desolate Land

Mega Rayquaza Omega
Type-Dragon/Water
Ability-Primordial Sea

Mega Deoxys
Type-Psychic/Poison
Ability-Clear Body
BST-150(HP), balanced stats elsewhere

Primal Jirachi
Type-Steel/Psychic
Ability-Cold Steel(physical contact has a chance of freezing the opponent. This refers to how Jirachi was part of a comet, which is known for their cold)

Primal Lake Trio
Type-Psychic/Fairy
Ability-Clear Body

Primal Arceus
Type-Void
Ability-Protean

An attack​
Asteroid Strike
Type-Steel/Physical
Atk-140
Acc-90
PP-5
Effect-Asteroid Strike is an incredibly powerful move, but greatly decreases the Pokemon's defense
Pokemon that can learn this move-Clefairy, Clefable, Cleffa, Staryu, Starmie, Solrock, Lunatone, Jirachi, Deoxys, Elegym, Beheeyem, Kyurem. All extraterrestial Pokemon can learn Asteroid Strike

Dimension Blast
Type-Normal/Special
Atk-75
Acc-100
PP-15
Effect-The foe is taken to another plane of existence. They are guarenteed to be confused afterwards
Pokemon that can learn this-Gengar, Ciphable, Porygon-Z, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus

Frozen Fire
Type-Ice/Physical
Atk-70
Acc-100
PP-20
Effect-The Pokemon's body temperature drops to unprecedented levels. The foe's body heat is drained from this cold
Pokemon that can learn this-Glalie, Regice, Cryogonal, Avalugg, Froslass, Kyurem

Superacid
Type-Poison/Special
Atk-70
Acc-100
PP-20
Effect-The Pokemon's PH becomes exceedingly high. This move is super-effective against Steel moves due to high acidity
Pokemon that can learn this-Grimer, Muk, Swalot, Skrelp, Dragalge

Gale
Type-Flying/Status
PP-5
Effect-The winds are increased in ferocity. Non-Flying Pokemon have their accuracy lowered

Thunderstorm
Type-Electric/Status
PP-5
Effect-Water moves are boosted in accuracy.

Acid Rain
Type-

Legendary signature moves​
Hypercane
Type-Flying/Special
Atk-120
Acc-70
PP-10
Effect-Hypercane is a devestating tornado that has a small chance of paralyzing the opponent(if used by an Electric type), freezing the opponent(if used by an Ice type) or burning the opponent(if used by a Fire type)
Pokemon that can learn this-Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres

DNA Beam
Type-Normal
Atk-100
Acc-100
PP-10
Description-A move who's type varies on the Pokemon. It's a beefed up Hidden Power
Pokemon that can learn this-Mew

Lightning Drain
Type-Electric/Special
Atk-75
Acc-100
PP-10
Effect-A powerful electric move which heals the user
Pokemon that can learn this-Raikou

Flame Drain
Type-Fire/Special
Atk-75
Acc-100
PP-10
Effect-A powerful water move which heals the user
Pokemon that can learn this-Entei

Clean Water
Type-Water/Status
PP-5
Effect-The user is covered in a purifying aura. Its attacks are super-effective against Poison
Pokemon that can learn this-Suicune

Time Travel
Type-Grass/Special
Range-All sides
Atk-70
Acc-100
PP-5
Description-The user summons past and future versions of itself to help out in the fight. It does equal damage to all its opponents
Pokemon that can learn this-Celebi

Rock Burst, Ice Burst and Steel Burst
Type-Special
Range-All sides
Atk-200
Acc-100
PP-5
Description-The Pokemon tears itself apart to blast shrapnel at the opponent. It will faint after using this
Pokemon that can learn this Regirock(Rock Burst), Regice(Ice Burst), Registeel(Steel Burst)

Vacuum Blast
Type-Dragon/Special
Atk-80
PP-10
Description-The Pokemon unleashes a blast that creates a total vacuum. This is super-effective against Fire and Water moves
Pokemon that can learn this-Rayquaza

Mind Razer
Type-Psychic/Status
Range-All foes
PP-5
Description-The Pokemon briefly opens its eyes to induce amnesia. Stat boosts of the foe are forgotten
Pokemon that can learn this-Uxie

Cold Mind
Type-Psychic/Status
Range-All foes
PP-5
Description-The Pokemon induces a sense of dispassion amongst its opponents. The stat their nature favors decreases greatly
Pokemon that can learn this-Mesprit

Super Mind
Type-Psychic/Status
Range-Self and allies
PP-5
Description-The Pokemon uses its will to protect its stats. It and its allies get the Clear Body ability
Pokemon that can learn this-Azelf

Major Storm
Type-Flying/Status
PP-5
Effect-Weather moves are boosted in power
Pokemon that can learn this-The Kami Trio

Fakemon​
Cobull and Kevlaros, the Indestructable Pokemon
Type-Fighting/Steel
Ability-Tough Body(Fighting moves cannot affect this Pokemon), Reckless(Dream World Ability)
Egg group-Field
Inspiration-The mechanical bull. Their name is Cobalt+Bull and Kevlar+Tauros
Evolution: Cobull-Level 29-Kevlaros
Stats: Based strongly in physical defense and great attack. Poor special. Great speed. ??? HP
Description: "Cobull wrestle to increase their defense. They often fall asleep while battling." "The hide of a Kevlaros can only be cut with diamonds. It is a test of endurance when one wishes to ride Kevlaros."

Boviquarius
Type-Water/Normal
Ability-Unburden/Healer, Swift Swim(Hidden ability)
Egg group-Field
Basis-The water buffalo and Aquarius
Description-"Boviquarius were used to help carry villagers across rivers. They are still used by natives."

Pillete and Mattrex, the Bed Monster Pokemon
Type-Dark/Normal(quad weakness to Fighting. Weak to Bug and Fairy. Immune to Ghost. Resistant to Dark)
Ability-Insomnia/Thick Fat, Magic Bounce(Hidden Ability)
Basis-The monster your bed, fused with the bed itself
Apperance-A living bed is Mattrex, with a lower body similar to a tortoise. Pillete is a pillow with a spring tail
Egg group-Monster/Fairy
Description-"Pillete pretend to be inviting pillows in order to entice their prey. When they sleep, Pillete uses its spring to drain their life energy." "Mattrex almost never move, waiting for their prey to come to them. They fill the victim with pleasant dreams to prevent them from struggling."

Absorok and Ceresponge/Porghost
Type-Rock(Absorok), Rock/Psychic(Cersponge), Rock/Ghost(Porghost. Immune Fighting, Water(if ability is Water Absorb) and Normal. Weak to Water(if Ability Speed Boost), Fighting(if Foresight or Scrappy is used), Grass, Ground, Steel, Ghost and Dark. Resistant to Fire, Flying, Poison and Bug)
Ability-Water Absorb, Speed Boost(Hidden Ability)
Egg group-Water 3/Mineral
Gender-Unknown
Level up-Absorok-Water Stone(Ceresponge) or Lv 25(Porghost)
Apperance-Absorok is a small rocky pineapple with a swimming tail(lol Spongebob reference). Cersponge resembles a brain sponge, and Porghost a glass sponge
Stats-Both have one of the lowest speed stats of any Pokemon, and both have amazing HP. Ceresponge has poor special defense, Porghost poor physical defense

Filfice, Comally and Celestrok, the Snowball, Icy Body and Ice Star Pokemon
Type-Ice/Steel(Quad weakness to Fighting and Fire(if ability Weak Armor), weak to Ground. Resistant to Bug, Dragon, Fairy, Flying, Grass, Normal and Psychic. Immune to Fire(if ability Flash Fire) and Poison)
Ability-Flash Fire, Reckless(Hidden Ability)
Basis-A comet. Filth+Ice, Comet+Halley, Celestial+Rock
Level up-Filfice-Level 38-Comally-Level 50-Celestrok. It is a psuedo-legendary
Gender-Unknown
Egg group-Mineral
Stats-It is a psuedo-legendary focused on speed, then physical attack
Description-"Hordes of Filfice land on Earth once every 80 years. This is preceded with a beautiful comet." "Comally are said to be a sign of bad luck. Given one mass of Comally caused a mass extinction 100 million years ago, they may have had a point." "Natural Celestrok have proven to be over four billion years old. They are believed to hold information on what the early solar system was like."

Pelasmoke and Vulcawurm, the Deep Vent Pokemon
Type-Water/Fire
Ability-White Smoke
Basis-Tube worms
Level up-Pelasmoke-Lv Up while knowing Dive-Vulcawurm
Egg group-Water 3

MissingGeo

Battle King
Some changes to the types:

Water: Is now weak to Poison-type moves and Ice-types resist Water-type moves.
Ice: Gains resistances to Water, Ground and Flying-type moves.
Flying: Ice-types resist Flying-type moves.
Ground: Ice-types resist Ground-type moves.
Rock: All Rock-types (including those who are part Flying-type or have Levitate) will remove Stealth Rocks on the field upon entry, similar to Poison-types removing Toxic Spikes.
Poison: Poison-type attacks are now super effective against Water-types.
Bug: Fairy-types no longer resist Bug-type moves.
Psychic: Psychic-types now resist and are super effective against Fairy-types. Psychic is now also immune to the confused status condition, including moves that inflicted the status e.g Swagger.
Ghost: Fairy-types now resist Ghost-type moves.
Fairy: Resists Ghost-type moves. Is weak and not effective against Psychic-types.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Undiscovered Egg Groups Known

Articuno, Zapdos/Moltres: Flying, 50/50 gender ratio
Mewtwo: Ditto, hermaphrodite
Mew: Ditto, hermaphrodite
Unown: Amorphous, Agender
Raikou/Entei/Suicune: 87.5%/12.5%, Field(same as Eevee)
Lugia: Dragon, ? Gender ratio
Ho-oh: Flying, ? Gender ratio
Celebi: 100% male(normal), 100% female(shiny), Grass/Fairy
Latias/Latios: Dragon/Flying egg group
Regirock/Regice/Registeel: Mineral, agender
Kyogre: Mineral/Water 1, agender
Groudon: Mineral/Field, agender
Rayquaza: Mineral/Flying, agender
Jirachi: Mineral/Fairy, ? gender
Deoxys: Amorphous, Virus
Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf: Fairy, hermaphrodite
Dialga/Palkia/Giratina: Dragon, agender
Heatran: Mineral
Regigigas: Monster, 75% male/25% female
Cresselia: Amorphous
Darkrai: 100% male, Amorphous
Shaymin: Grass/Field, 50/50 gender
Arceus: Creator, Agender
Victini: Fairy, ? gender
Cobalion/Terrakion: Field, 100% male
Virizion: Field, 100% female
Keldeo: Field, ? Gender
Reshiram: Dragon, 100% female
Zekrom: Dragon, 100% male
Kyurem: Dragon/Fairy, Hermaphrodite
Meloetta: Humanshape, 100% female
Genesect: Bug, 87.5% male/12.5% female
Xerneas: Fairy, Hermaphrodite
Yveltal: Monster/Flying, Hermaphrodite
Zygarde: Monster/Field, Hermaphrodite
Diancie: Mineral/Fairy, Agender

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Articuno, Zapdos/Moltres: Flying, 50/50 gender ratio
Mewtwo: Ditto, hermaphrodite
Mew: Ditto, hermaphrodite
Unown: Amorphous, Agender
Raikou/Entei/Suicune: 87.5%/12.5%, Field(same as Eevee)
Lugia: Dragon, ? Gender ratio
Ho-oh: Flying, ? Gender ratio
Celebi: 100% male(normal), 100% female(shiny), Grass/Fairy
Latias/Latios: Dragon/Flying egg group
Regirock/Regice/Registeel: Mineral, agender
Kyogre: Mineral/Water 1, agender
Groudon: Mineral/Field, agender
Rayquaza: Mineral/Flying, agender
Jirachi: Mineral/Fairy, ? gender
Deoxys: Amorphous, Virus
Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf: Fairy, hermaphrodite
Dialga/Palkia/Giratina: Dragon, agender
Heatran: Mineral
Regigigas: Monster, 75% male/25% female
Cresselia: Amorphous
Darkrai: 100% male, Amorphous
Shaymin: Grass/Field, 50/50 gender
Arceus: Creator, Agender
Victini: Fairy, ? gender
Cobalion/Terrakion: Field, 100% male
Virizion: Field, 100% female
Keldeo: Field, ? Gender
Reshiram: Dragon, 100% female
Zekrom: Dragon, 100% male
Kyurem: Dragon/Fairy, Hermaphrodite
Meloetta: Humanshape, 100% female
Genesect: Bug, 87.5% male/12.5% female
Xerneas: Fairy, Hermaphrodite
Yveltal: Monster/Flying, Hermaphrodite
Zygarde: Monster/Field, Hermaphrodite
Diancie: Mineral/Fairy, Agender

Not happening. The entire point is for legendaries NOT to breed so you can't raise an entire team of them and sweep everything.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Not happening. The entire point is for legendaries NOT to breed so you can't raise an entire team of them and sweep everything.

I know that. This was just my headcanon for what their gender and breed was IF they could, and even then most of them have to be able to breed somehow to maintain a population, just that they don't want to breed with your Pokemon

Cradily17

New Type

Light type (not just light itself, but the concept of purity and holiness)

Offensive:
Deals super-effective damage against (x2): Water, Fire, Dark, Fairy
Deals not-very-effective damage against (x0.5): Ghost, Ice, Light
Deals no damage against (x0): Grass [it really needs a buff]

Defensive:
Resists (x0.5): Fire, Fairy, Light
Immune to (x0): Dark
Weak against (x2): Grass, Electric, Ghost

New Moves:
Light Blast: 110 BP, 85% Acc, 8 PP max (Special; 20% chance to lower opponent's speed by 1 stage)
Light Beam: 90 BP, 100% Acc, 24 PP max (Special; same effect as Light Blast)
Holy Strike: 85 BP, 95% Acc, 16 PP max (Physical; 10% chance to paralyze opponent)
Pure Stream: 95 BP, 90% Acc, 16 PP max (Special; hits multiple opponents with 10% chance to lower speed by 1 stage)
Luminescent Surge: (Status; charges first turn then raises user's Attack, Defense, and Speed by two stages each on second turn)
Shining Flare: 130 BP, 90% Acc, 8 PP max (Special; lowers user's Sp. Attack by two stages)
Light Rush: 40 BP, 100% Acc, 48 PP max (Physical; has +1 priority)

Updated Moves:
Reflect (Light type move)
Light Screen (Light type move)
Mirror Coat (Light type move)

Updated Pokémon:
Solrock (Rock/Light type)
Ampharos (Pure Light type)
Mega Ampharos (Light/Dragon type)
Sunflora (Grass/Light type)
Lanturn (Water/Light type)
Volbeat (Bug/Light type)
Illumise (Bug/Light type)
Lumineon (Water/Light type)

New Items:
Kagaya Berry (Halves damage from a super-effective Light type attack)
Mirror Plate (Boosts the power of light type attacks by 20% and allows Arceus to become a pure Light type)
Light Gem (Single-use item that boosts the power of a Light type attack by 50%)

Purpose of Light type:
1. Significantly buff Grass types and make them necessary in competitive battles.
2. Nerf the most popular types.
3. Reduce Knock-off spam.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Light type (not just light itself, but the concept of purity and holiness)

Offensive:
Deals super-effective damage against (x2): Water, Fire, Dark, Light
Deals not-very-effective damage against (x0.5): Ghost, Ice
Deals no damage against (x0): Grass [it really needs a buff]

Defensive:
Resists (x0.5): Fire, Fairy
Immune to (x0): Dark
Weak against (x2): Grass, Electric, Ghost, Light

New Moves:
Light Blast: 110 BP, 85% Acc, 8 PP max (Special; 20% chance to lower opponent's speed by 1 stage)
Light Beam: 90 BP, 100% Acc, 24 PP max (Special; same effect as Light Blast)
Holy Strike: 85 BP, 95% Acc, 16 PP max (Physical; 10% chance to paralyze opponent)
Pure Stream: 95 BP, 90% Acc, 16 PP max (Special; hits multiple opponents with 10% chance to lower speed by 1 stage)
Luminescent Surge: (Status; charges first turn then raises user's Attack, Defense, and Speed by two stages each on second turn)
Shining Flare: 130 BP, 90% Acc, 8 PP max (Special; lowers user's Sp. Attack by two stages)
Light Rush: 40 BP, 100% Acc, 48 PP max (Physical; has +1 priority)

Updated Moves:
Reflect (Light type move)
Light Screen (Light type move)
Mirror Coat (Light type move)

Updated Pokémon:
Solrock (Rock/Light type)
Ampharos (Pure Light type)
Mega Ampharos (Light/Dragon type)
Sunflora (Grass/Light type)
Lanturn (Water/Light type)
Volbeat (Bug/Light type)
Illumise (Bug/Light type)
Lumineon (Water/Light type)

New Items:
Kagaya Berry (Halves damage from a super-effective Light type attack)
Mirror Plate (Boosts the power of light type attacks by 20% and allows Arceus to become a pure Light type)
Light Gem (Single-use item that boosts the power of a Light type attack by 50%)

Purpose of Light type:
1. Significantly buff Grass types and make them necessary in competitive battles.

What do you think?

I don't think this really fixes anything. Dark was already weakened by Fairy's introduction so it definitely does not need the nerf, Fairy is too new to properly determine but I don't see it become OP anytime soon, and Fire and Electric are pretty much fine where they are. The only good things about this change is Grass having an immunity, Ghost having another type advantage, and Water having another weakness. As for Knock Off spam, is that really so much of a problem that it needs a type chart change?

If you're looking for type chart problems to fix, I'd look at these problems first and foremost:

-Ice only resists itself
-Ground is pretty OP offensively being SE against 5 types, one of which only has a weakness to Ground, and isn't resisted by a lot of types on the chart.
-Dark and Ghost have the exact same type advantages (this one's going to require two types to fix, because otherwise you either fix nothing or make one type inferior to the other).

I'm glad that you mentioned Water though, because I think it could use a nerf, but I'm not really sure where (offensive or defensive).

MissingGeo

Battle King
Purpose of Light type:

What do you think?

1: A lot of Grass-types are already useful for competitive battling, mostly as a supportive role as an immunity to Leech Seed and the Powder moves are quite useful. Grass-types like Venusaur, Breloom and Ferrithorn are even used in OU tiers. I don't think they need to be buffed, but some of the Pokémon could use more coverage moves.

2. Water I agree needs a nerf. Most Fairy types aren't that overpowered, Dark doesn't need more nerfs and Ghost doesn't need any more buffs.

3. Was that ever really a problem?

I don't think this really fixes anything. Dark was already weakened by Fairy's introduction so it definitely does not need the nerf, Fairy is too new to properly determine but I don't see it become OP anytime soon, and Fire and Electric are pretty much fine where they are. The only good things about this change is Grass having an immunity, Ghost having another type advantage, and Water having another weakness. As for Knock Off spam, is that really so much of a problem that it needs a type chart change?

If you're looking for type chart problems to fix, I'd look at these problems first and foremost:

-Ice only resists itself
-Ground is pretty OP offensively being SE against 5 types, one of which only has a weakness to Ground, and isn't resisted by a lot of types on the chart.
-Dark and Ghost have the exact same type advantages (this one's going to require two types to fix, because otherwise you either fix nothing or make one type inferior to the other).

I'm glad that you mentioned Water though, because I think it could use a nerf, but I'm not really sure where (offensive or defensive).

Why not both? Most Water-types can learn Ice-type moves to cover Grass and Dragon, So have Ice-types gain a Water resistance. Ice Pokémon could see more usage as a way of walling Water-types.

Also add a weakness to Poison-types. While I know they got buffed this gen, its still pretty underwhelming as an attacking type. Though some Pokémon like Azumarill could drop from usage.

Also. Thoughts on the type changes I made?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Why not both? Most Water-types can learn Ice-type moves to cover Grass and Dragon, So have Ice-types gain a Water resistance. Ice Pokémon could see more usage as a way of walling Water-types.

I don't think having Water and Ice types resist each other is very helpful, it kind of deadlocks them.

Also. Thoughts on the type changes I made?

Eh, it's better than Cradily17's, but I don't think some of those things really help the balance much either.

While we're all sharing type chart ideas, I posted my own a little earlier. I didn't finish working things out exactly, but here's what I have so far:

Deoxys- Psychic/Alien
New Eeveelution- Alien

Thoughts and suggestions?

Last edited: