• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything

?

• ?

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • ?

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters
New Pokemon Ideas
Name: Venomouse
Type: Normal/Poison
Species: Infecting Pokemon
Ability: Run Away/Contamination/Scrappy
Evolves Into: Rodentox (Lv. 20)
Role: A speedy glass cannon, with great attack and speed, whilst possessing sub-par everything else

Name: Rodentox
Species: Pest Pokemon
Ability: Gluttony/Contamination/Scrappy
Evolves Into: N/A
Role: Like Venomouse, it is a physical glass cannon. However, its HP is average, as are its defenses. Unfortunately, it has a useless Sp. Attack speed, and can't make use of a whole lot of Poison-Type moves.

New Ability Ideas
Name: Contamination
Effect: The Pokemon will Poison the opponent upon fainting. This will even override their current status.
Pokemon With This Ability: Venomouse, Rodentox, etc

Name: Stone Body
Effect: Rock-Type moves heal this Pokemon.
Pokemon With This Ability: Regirock (New DW ability)

Name: Iron Body
Effect: Steel-Type moves heal this Pokemon.
Pokemon With This Ability: Registeel (New DW ability)

Name: Glacier Body
Effect: Ice-Type moves heal this Pokemon.
Pokemon With This Ability: Regice (New DW ability)

Name: Unbreakable
Effect: Weakens SE moves. (Like Filter, Solid Rock, but appropriated for Steel, Ice, and other Pokemon.)
Pokemon With This Ability: Assorted Ice-Types (with really low defenses)

New Misc. Ideas
-Ice Type would become resistant to Water, Grass, and Ground. Not too broken, as their defenses are usually abysmal. Whilst water can slowly break ice down and turn it into more water, water will freeze in low temperatures. I'd assume Ice-Types can naturally manipulate the surrounding temperature to do this, which they may develop in order to survive in places like volcanoes if a trainer was to bring them there.

-Grass Type would resist Fairy. Fairies are supposed to be guardians of nature, so nature (Grass) should probably resist them.

-Status Moves that screw up Types and Moves. For example, a move that makes Fire-Type moves so hot they are Super Effective against Water-Types (maybe a Fire-Type Freeze-Dry?) or an attack that makes all Water-Type moves used that turn into Ice-Type moves.

Last edited:

raichu27

New Pokemon Ideas
Name: Venomouse
Species: Infecting Pokemon
Ability: Run Away/Contamination/Scrappy
Evolves Into: Rodentox (Lv. 20)
Role: A speedy glass cannon, with great attack and speed, whilst possessing sub-par everything else

Name: Rodentox
Species: Pest Pokemon
Ability: Gluttony/Contamination/Scrappy
Evolves Into: N/A
Role: Like Venomouse, it is a physical glass cannon. However, its HP is average, as are its defenses. Unfortunately, it has a useless Sp. Attack speed, and can't make use of a whole lot of Poison-Type moves.

New Ability Ideas
Name: Contamination
Effect: The Pokemon will Poison the opponent upon fainting. This will even override their current status.
Pokemon With This Ability: Venomouse, Rodentox, etc

Name: Stone Body
Effect: Rock-Type moves heal this Pokemon.
Pokemon With This Ability: Regirock (New DW ability)

Name: Iron Body
Effect: Steel-Type moves heal this Pokemon.
Pokemon With This Ability: Registeel (New DW ability)

Name: Glacier Body
Effect: Ice-Type moves heal this Pokemon.
Pokemon With This Ability: Regice (New DW ability)

Name: Unbreakable
Effect: Weakens SE moves. (Like Filter, Solid Rock, but appropriated for Steel, Ice, and other Pokemon.)
Pokemon With This Ability: Assorted Ice-Types (with really low defenses)

New Misc. Ideas
-Ice Type would become resistant to Water, Grass, and Ground. Not too broken, as their defenses are usually abysmal. Whilst water can slowly break ice down and turn it into more water, water will freeze in low temperatures. I'd assume Ice-Types can naturally manipulate the surrounding temperature to do this, which they may develop in order to survive in places like volcanoes if a trainer was to bring them there.

-Grass Type would resist Fairy. Fairies are supposed to be guardians of nature, so nature (Grass) should probably resist them.

-Status Moves that screw up Types and Moves. For example, a move that makes Fire-Type moves so hot they are Super Effective against Water-Types (maybe a Fire-Type Freeze-Dry?) or an attack that makes all Water-Type moves used that turn into Ice-Type moves.
I was actually kinda wanting to see a Normal/Poison type. There has been more Pokemon with sharing a normal type with other types besides flying on more later generations, like Bibarel and Heliolisk.

I would disagree about Ice resisting grass, water, and ground. Some Ice types can be part with the other type to cancel out one of the Ice Pokemon's weaknesses, like Cloyster cancelling out it's fire and steel weaknesses due to being part water. I disagree with the grass part, because ice turns into water when it melts, and plants asborb water. There are plenty of types that resist grass anyway, especially some of the most common Pokemon like Charizard. I also think Ice shouldn't resist Ground, because earthquakes break ice, like they do with rocks. Already mentioned the water part a few posts above. Psychic, Ghost, and Dark also have 2 resistances, while Normal has none. An Ice Pokemon with an ability Filter or something similar to it would be nice however. Ice Pokemon can often learn water moves to cover their weakness for Fire and Rock types, especially when Rain Dance is activated. Some can even learn fighting moves as well.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
So, you basically changed the name of Storm Drain and gave it to Volcanion? I honestly think that Water Absorb works great for it, which it already has.

I was at a lost for what new ability I could give Volcanion

Hypsnake, Sambertine and Venadermis, the Playful Snake, Dancing Snake and Snake Skin Pokemon
Type-Poison(Hypsnake), Poison/Psychic(Sambertine), Poison/Ghost(Venadermis)
Egg group-Field(Venadermius is Field/Mineral)
Ability-Keen Eyes/Tangled Feet(Normal ability), Shed Skin(Hidden Ability), Wonder Guard(Venadermis)
Basis-Snake charming. Venadermis is based off the fact snakes shed their skin
Stat distribution. All three are speedy Pokemon. Sambertine is skilled in Sp Atk and Defense, but kind of medicore in Sp Def. Decent HP. Vandermis, like Shedinja, has only 1 HP
Evolution-Hypsnake-Level 25-Sambertine. Venadermis requires an extra space and Pokeball

Abyssquid, the Kraken Pokemon
Type-Water/Ghost
Ability-Suction Cups/Limber
Egg group-Water 3
Basis-Giant Squid
Stats-Abyssquid has very good stats, over 500, for a non-legendary one stage. It is considered the Lapras as fishing, as you have a very low chance of obtaining one with a Super Rod, but all the more worth it

Dysflower, the Flower Mantis Pokemon
Type-Bug/Dark
Ability-Sap Sipper/Cute Charm
Egg group-Bug
Basis-A species of praying mantis who disguise themselves as flowers to lure in unsuspecting prey(which is why it's Dark type, despite being a beautiful white)

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I was actually kinda wanting to see a Normal/Poison type. There has been more Pokemon with sharing a normal type with other types besides flying on more later generations, like Bibarel and Heliolisk.

I would disagree about Ice resisting grass, water, and ground. Some Ice types can be part with the other type to cancel out one of the Ice Pokemon's weaknesses, like Cloyster cancelling out it's fire and steel weaknesses due to being part water. I disagree with the grass part, because ice turns into water when it melts, and plants asborb water. There are plenty of types that resist grass anyway, especially some of the most common Pokemon like Charizard. I also think Ice shouldn't resist Ground, because earthquakes break ice, like they do with rocks. Already mentioned the water part a few posts above. Psychic, Ghost, and Dark also have 2 resistances, while Normal has none. An Ice Pokemon with an ability Filter or something similar to it would be nice however. Ice Pokemon can often learn water moves to cover their weakness for Fire and Rock types, especially when Rain Dance is activated. Some can even learn fighting moves as well.

Your logic regarding type match-ups is quite flawed. "Earthquakes break ice." Okay. Earthquakes also kill assortments of living creatures, tear down trees, and make fighters lose their balance so then Ground should be super effective against Normal, Grass, and Fighting also, right? "Ice turns into water when it melts, and plants absorb water." Okay. Rocks turn into sand when broken down and sand is on the beach and the beach touches the ocean and the ocean is water so Rock should be super effective against Water.
What I'm trying to say here is that we are not dealing with an earthquake dealing damage on an ice cube or an ice cube being chucked at a tree. Pokemon are living creatures that control elements. They are not literally the elements being conjured or projected.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I think Ice should resist Poison. My reasoning is that diseases do poorly in the cold. Also, Ice needs more resistance

raichu27

Your logic regarding type match-ups is quite flawed. "Earthquakes break ice." Okay. Earthquakes also kill assortments of living creatures, tear down trees, and make fighters lose their balance so then Ground should be super effective against Normal, Grass, and Fighting also, right? "Ice turns into water when it melts, and plants absorb water." Okay. Rocks turn into sand when broken down and sand is on the beach and the beach touches the ocean and the ocean is water so Rock should be super effective against Water.
What I'm trying to say here is that we are not dealing with an earthquake dealing damage on an ice cube or an ice cube being chucked at a tree. Pokemon are living creatures that control elements. They are not literally the elements being conjured or projected.
I didn't say that ground should be strong against Normal, Grass, and Fighting. Some ground moves are also dirt and mud moves. The reason why rock would be strong against water is that water erodes rocks. Bug is also weak to rock while it resists ground. Rock and ground are two different types. Bug resists ground, because some insects like worms live in the ground and like to eat it. Rock is strong against bug, because rocks can easily crush an insect.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I didn't say that ground should be strong against Normal, Grass, and Fighting. Some ground moves are also dirt and mud moves. The reason why rock would be strong against water is that water erodes rocks. Bug is also weak to rock while it resists ground. Rock and ground are two different types. Bug resists ground, because some insects like worms live in the ground and like to eat it. Rock is strong against bug, because rocks can easily crush an insect.

You are taking my post and type match-ups way too literally. I was being sarcastic to prove a point. Of course you didn't say that stuff. I did to show you what you're saying is illogical.
Again, I'm going to use your own example against you to prove that it's pointless to try to compare most type match-ups with real life elements.
"Rock is strong against Bug because rocks can easily crush an insect."
Wouldn't most living creatures have the weight to crush a bug, and a tree would be able to crush a bug, and a wave would be able to crush or drown a bug, and a dragon would be able to crush a bug, and an icicle would be able to crush a bug, and a boxer would be able to crush a bug, and an earthquake would kill a bug. So, according to your logic, Normal, Grass, Water, Dragon, Ice, Fighting, and Ground should be super effective against Bug because they all would be able to crush a .0000001 pound ant in the real world.
Leave the logic at home. Not every type match-up needs to make sense as most of the already don't.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
New Special Evolution!

Nordial, Soudial, Easdial & Wesdial
Type: Ground/Electric
Classification: Direction Pokémon
Height: 1' 4" (0.4 m)
Weight: 0.4 lbs. (0.2 kg)

Dex Entry 1:
Nordial: The top of its body always faces North. Combining with its three relatives causes a grand chain reaction.
Soudial: The top of its body always faces South. Combining with its three relatives causes a grand chain reaction.
Easdial: The top of its body always faces East. Combining with its three relatives causes a grand chain reaction.
Wesdial: The top of its body always faces West. Combining with its three relatives causes a grand chain reaction.
Dex Entry 2: All: Its body never changes direction. It is essentially one piece of a much greater being.

Appearance: Nordial, Soudial, Easdial, and Wesdial each appear as a quarter of a golden sundial. Nordial is the top quarter, and has a blue stripe atop its body. Soudial is the bottom quarter, and has a green stripe atop its body. Easdial is the right quarter, and has a purple stripe atop its body. Wesrdial is the left quarter, and has a red stripe atop its body

Etymology: Nordial, Soudial, Easdial, and Wesdial all derive from the word sundial, as well as their respective directions: north, south, east, and west.

Ability: Stagnant - The Pokémon cannot be switched out.
NOTE: Stagnant prevents the pokemon from being switched out by force. The player can still switch it out, however. Stagnant also prevents the lowering or raising of the pokemon's Speed.
Base Stats
HP: 75
Attack: 40
Defense: 150
Sp. Atk: 60
Sp. Def: 150
Speed: 25
Total: 480

Horototum
- Evolves from Nordial, Soudial, Easdial, and Wesdial collectively at Lv. 50. All four must be in the party for evolution to occur.
Type: Ground/Electric
Classification: Compass Pokémon
Height: 3' 6" (1.06 m)
Weight: 17 lbs. (7.7 kg)
Dex Entry 1:It is the embodiment of four Pokémon. It can generate a magnetic field 12 miles wide.
Dex Entry 2: This Pokémon exists as the sum of four smaller Pokémon combined. Its power is thus incredibly augmented.
Appearance: Horototum bares the appearance of a large golden sundial with a silver trim. Its eyes are a bright blue and sit at the center of its body. The stripes of its pre-evolutions appear veritcally on its body at their respective locations.
Etymology: Horototum derives from the Latin words totum, meaning 'whole,' and horologium, meaning 'clock.'

Ability: Reset - The Pokémon cannot be hit consecutively by super effective moves.
Signature Move: Suction Field (Electric/40/100/10) - The user traps the foe in a magnetic field and aborbs its HP for five turns. During this move, the foe cannot escape.
Base Stats
HP: 85
Attack: 60
Defense: 160
Sp. Atk: 100
Sp. Def: 160
Total: 590

Last edited:

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Inkay should get levitate before losing it to either regular ability upon evolution. Would justify the floating and fits with, imo, the ufo like design it has.

Baltoy should not have levitate as they're often shown to hover only a bit off the ground and could benefit with another ability for maybe evioolite play and not gain levitate until evolving into claydol.

Elgyem should be able to naturally learn cosmic power being that it's a space themed pokémon.

Butterfree should be able to naturally learn hurricane like vivillon.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Hidden Abilities for those who have none

Vibrava and Flygon-Bug Soul(Bug moves get 50% attack bonus)
Arceus-Protean
Lake trio-Pressure(they gain their creation trio's power)
Baltoy line-Tangled Feet
Carnivine-Rattled(it's a flycatcher, it eats bugs)
Chingling line-Soundproof
Yamask line-Cursed Body
Cresselia-Sweet Dreams(heals when sleeping)
Diancie-Sturdy(it is a mutated Carbink)
Deoxys-Clear Body(it is stat-focused, so its ability protects it against stat loss)
Celebi-Immunity(It Dreams of never suffering from Iron Masked Marauder's toxic Dark Ball)
Gastly and Koffing line-Poison Body
Genesect-Mold Breaker
Hydreigon-Mega Launcher
Kyurem-Mold Breaker
Mew-Pressure
Misdreavous line-Insomnia
Shaymin-Poison Heal
Regigigas-Clear Body
Rotom-Prankster
Unown-Protean

SMZCORE

New moves:
Sniper Dance
Type: Normal
Power: ---
Accuracy: ---
PP: 20
Effect: Sharply raises both accuracy and critical hit ratio.

Notable Users: Octillery, Fearow and Kingdra.

Trojan Heal
Type: Dark
PP: 5
Effect: Replaces a foe's status randomly with another (that is not Freeze)
Notable users: Wobbuffet, Zoroark and Sigilyph.

Trojan Shield
Type: Dark
PP: 10
Effect: Protects against offensive moves, inflicts a random status (that is not Sleep or Freeze) if a Pokemon makes contact.
Notable users: Wobbuffet, Zoroark and Bisharp.

Changes to existing moves:
Hidden Power -> Now has base power of 70.
Secret Power -> Now is a physical Hidden Power. Overworld effect remains the same.
Drill Peck -> Power Increase to 90 and now has a high critical hit ratio.
Drill Run -> Power Increase to 85.
Synchronoise -> Same base power, doubles if same type, halves otherwise.

Changes to abilities:
Synchronize: Now applies to all status conditions including ghost-typed Curse and infatuation. Does NOT activate when user inflicts itself with a status like with an orb or a move.

New Ability:
Trojan Horse
Effect: If a move, be it offensive or otherwise doesn't make contact due to a foe's ability, the foe gets a status condition instead. If the move is a status condition, then another status (other than sleep/freeze) condition is applied. If an ability prevents all status is met, then this ability won't do anything.
Examples:
X used Thunder Wave!
Y's Limber prevented it from being paralyzed!
X's Trojan Horse poisoned the foe.
--
X used Hydro Pump!
Y's Storm Drain raised its SpA!
X's Trojan Horse paralyzed the foe!

and so on

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
New Evolution Line!

Rebenokla
Type: Fairy
Classification: Collecting Pokémon
Height: 1' 1" (0.3 m)
Weight: 4 lbs. (1.8 kg)
Dex Entry 1:It has a habit of picking up whatever it sees. It stores its findings in the hollow of its body.
Dex Entry 2: It will take anything it likes and store it away. When tired, it sleeps inside the body its mother.
Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/zGI6g3f.jpg
Etymology: Rebenokla derives from the Russian words rebenok, meaning 'child,' and kukla, meaning 'doll.' It also derives from the word rebel.

Abilities: Pick Up, Magician
- Hidden Ability: Kleptomaniac - Contact with this Pokémon may result in the loss of a held item.
Base Stats
HP: 100
Attack: 30
Defense: 10
Sp. Atk: 70
Sp. Def: 40
Speed: 5
Total: 255

Soderizash
- Evolves from Rebenokla at Lv. 24
Classification: Containment Pokémon
Height: 4' 11" (1.5 m)
Weight: 10 lbs. (4.5 kg)
Dex Entry 1:It likes to keep ita friends safe in its body. If it finds a lost item, it will store it away until it finds the item's owner.
Dex Entry 2: Its body is filled with lost items. It searches the world looking to return the items to their owners.
Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/gN4Ltkw.jpg
Etymology: Soderizash is a shortening of Soderzhat i zashchishchayut, which is Russian for "Contain and protect".

Ability: Protective - The Pokémon's power boosts when it switches with an ally with half or less HP.
Base Stats
HP: 125
Attack: 50
Defense: 35
Sp. Atk: 95
Sp. Def: 90
Speed: 15
Total: 410

Matrioll
- Evolves from Soderizash at Lv. 40
Classification: Great Mother Pokémon
Height: 14' 8" (4.47 m)
Weight: 36 lbs. (16.32 kg)
Dex Entry 1:It keeps all of its children safe in its body. It will attack viciously if its children are in danger.
Dex Entry 2: It will be a mother to any living creature. It is said anyone who enters its body will be filled unmatchable love.
Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/5uheYmW.jpg
Etymology: Matrioll is a combination of 'matriarch' and 'doll.' It also derives from Matryoshka doll, the figurine on which the pokemon is based.

Ability: Protective - The Pokémon's power boosts when it switches with an ally with half or less HP.
- Hidden Ability: Parental Bond
Base Stats
HP: 150
Attack: 50
Defense: 50
Sp. Atk: 125
Sp. Def: 120
Total: 520

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Aesthetic variations

Gender variations​
Butterfree-Females have a pinkish tint to their wings
Beedrill-Males have a larger stinger
Machamp-Females have a different color to their belt
Kingler-Females have a smaller claw
Marowak-Females have a larger club
Ledyba line-Female eyes are a shinier color
Chinchou line-Males are quite smaller
Stantler-Males have larger antlers
Donphan-Females have smaller horns
Tyranitar-Females are larger
Hariyama-Females have a larger skirt
Aggron-Male horns are larger
Zangoose-Males have a bigger scar
Lucario-Females have longer "hair"
Heatran-Females have their head horns curled
Sawsbuck-Females have smaller "antlers"

Adapting variations in the anime​
Pink Butterfee-Like AZ's Floette, this Pokemon has a higher BST than normal. It is always female, and has the ability Cute Charm. Though it does not have a legal shiny, hacking it reveals that everything but the pink is shinied
Crystal Onix-It has the same BST boost as AZ's Floette. The Crystal Onix has an unchanged ability, cannot evolve, and is changed to learn some Water moves. It has an ability known as Crystal Body. Crystal Body "makes this Pokemon fit for water." As such, it has a 4x resistance to Water, and 2x weakness to Fire. Its signature move, Crystal Tail, is a counterpart to Iron Tail that is also part Water
Purple Kecleon-A gift sent out whenever a Mystery Dungeon is released. This Kecleon is stronger than normal Kecleon, and has Protean as an ability
Golden Sudowoodo-Another gift. Using the "Gold Coat" to wear on Sudowoodo, it gains the Ability Water Absorb
Arctic Snorlax-A one-of-a-kind snow-based Snorlax. It is rare for possessing the Ice type, though its ability is unchanged
Pink paint-You can go to someone and paint certain Pokemon pink(their shiny will be blue instead)

Movie Pokemon​
M1 Mewtwo
OT-Giovanni
Level-70
Item-Enigma Berry
Attacks-Shadow Ball, Psychic, Gastro Acid, Recover

M2 Lugia
Level-50
Item-Silver Berry(a unique berry that helps resist against Fire, Ice and Electric moves)
Attacks-Unchanged. It has Sunny Day

M3 Entei
OT-Hale
Level-100
Ability-Flash Fire
Attacks-Wish, Sacred Fire, Hidden Power, Power Gem

M4 Celebi
OT-Samuel
Level-40
Ability-It's new Hidden Ability, Immunity
Attacks-Its signature move Time Travel, Frenzy Plant, Refresh, Safeguard

M5 Latias and Latios
OT-Bianca
Level-30 and 50
Item-Soul Dew
Ability-Its Hidden Ability, Illusion
Attacks-Unchanged

M6 Jirachi
OT-Max
Level-40
Item-Liechi Berry
Ability-Unchanged
Attacks-Precipice Blades, Doom Desire and two other moves

Shinies​
Winona's shiny Swellow-In the DLC, Winona's final battle involves her prize Pokemon, a shiny Swellow
Korrina's shiny Hawlucha-Referencing the anime, Pokemon WZ has you face Korrina in a rematch. She brings out her prize partner, a shiny Hawlucha
Steven's Metagross-You get to face Steven in a battle in WZ, where he has summoned his silver Metagross
Shiny Smeargle-In Artisan Cave in the Battle Fronteir of Gen 6, there in lies a Shiny Smeargle at Level 65
Random shinies-At least one trainer in each new game uses a shiny, as an easter egg to introduce you to the concept.

Non-Pokemon enemies​
WZ's Lysandre: Now immortal and out of his gourd, Lysandre does something desperate. He has fused the power of the Ultimate Weapon into him, after it comes apparent his Pokemon cannot beat you. One with that Weapon of Destruction, Lysandre becomes a god-like being and attacks

Lysandre has a stat total of 700, and the ability Ultimate Aura. This Ultimate Aura prevents Mega Evolution, except the power of Zygarde. He has high HP. His typing is Dark/Fire. His attacks are Light of Ruin, King's Shield, Oblivion Wing and Geomancy. Be afraid

Cyrus: With Cyrus, he is smart enough to know you will try and catch Giratina. He has control over Giratina and its Primal state. So he uses his Red Chain powers to absorb Giratina and become a hybrid. In this state, Cyrus has the full powers of the true

Restored Forme​
Restored Forme is a new forme achievable. Thanks to study of the Primal Legends, they have discovered a way to bring old Pokemon back to their original state. The key item "Primordial Key", when active, brings certain Pokemon to their original, intended state

When done on a fossil Pokemon, they will change their Rock type, gained due to fossilization, to their original typing. In addition, they will forget their Rock type moves and be able to learn moves of their original typing and vice versa, in a more extreme variation of Rotom. This effect cannot be achieved in-battle.

Non-fossil Pokemon may change typing, though nothing is certain

Both can re-arrange stats. Some small like Omastar, some large like Cofagrigus

Restored Omanyte/Omastar
Type-Ground/Water
Ability-Heavy Armor(an inverse of Weak Armor)

Restored Kabuto/Kabutops
Type-Bug/Water
Ability-Unchanged

Restored Aerodactyl/Mega Aerodactyl
Type-Dragon/Flying
Ability-Intimidate(Normal Aerodactyl)/Tough Claws(Mega Aerodactyl)

Restored Lileep/Cradily
Type-Water/Grass
Ability-Suction Cups

Restored Anorith/Armaldo
Type-Water/Bug
Ability-Compound Eyes

Restored Cranidos/Rampardos
Type-Fighting
Ability-Rock Head

Restored Shieldon/Bastiodon
Type-Normal/Steel
Ability-Fortress(this Pokemon is immune to Fighting attacks)

Restored Tirtouga/Carracosta
Type-Water/Ground
Ability-Unchanged

Restored Archen/Archeops
Type-Dragon/Flying
Ability-Aerilate

Restored Amaru/Aurorus
Type-Electric/Ice
Ability-Unchanged

Restored Tyrunt/Tyrantrum
Type-Dark/Dragon
Ability-Unchanged

Restored Claydol
Type-Ground/Psychic
Ability-Rapid Spinner(entry hazards fade when this Pokemon is sent out)

Restored Regirock(note: will not restore until Regigigas is in the Pokedex)
Type-Rock
Ability-Body Builder(This Pokemon is healed when attacked by moves of its own type)

Restored Regice(note: will not restore until Regigigas is in the Pokedex)
Type-Ice
Ability-Permafrost(Fire moves have no effect on this Pokemon)

Restored Registeel(note: will not restore until Regigigas is in the Pokedex)
Type-Steel
Ability-Fortress

Restored Yanmega
Type-Bug/Dragon
Ability-Unchanged

Restored Uxie(note: will not restore unless you have caught one of the Lake trio)
Type-Psychic/Fairy
Ability-No Guard

Restored Azelf(note: will not restore unless you have caught one of the Lake trio)
Type-Psychic/Fairy
Ability-Inner Focus

Restored Mesprit(note: will not restore unless you have caught one of the Lake trio)
Type-Psychic/Fairy
Ability-Clear Body

Restored Regigigas(note: will not restore unless you have caught Regirock, Regice and Registeel. Not allowed in the Battle Maison or Frontier)
Type-Normal/Fighting
Ability-Sweet Dreams(heals 1/8th of max HP asleep)

Restored Heatran(note: Not allowed in the Battle Frontier or Maison)
Type-Fire/Steel
Ability-Burning Body(physical and special moves used by this Pokemon have a chance of burning)

Restored Cofagrigus(note: requires max friendship)
Type-Ghost/Normal
Ability-Speed Boost

Restored Elegym/Beheeyem(note: ancient aliens reference)
Type-Psychic/Electric
Ability-Levitate

Restored Golett/Golurk
Type-Ground/Fighting
Ability-Fighting Spirit(Normal and Ghost moves are Fighting type)

Primal Legendaries​
Primal Mew: After learning Light of Ruin from AZ, Mew is capable of Primal evolving on its own. It assimilates life energy from other Pokemon, in order to achieve its maximum potential. It is Psychic/Normal with Protean. Mew itself was used to be part of the Ultimate Weapon long ago

Transcendant Tower: An important aspect of the creation trio in the Gen IV remakes. It is revealed that, much like the weather trio, the creation trio has a greater power. Their current form, instead of being their natural state, is a weakened state they put themselves into as they gave much of their own essence into the creation of the universe. So the opposite process of Primal Devolution. Transcendant Revolution has the same boost as Primals and Megas, activates immediately like a Primal but can only have one on the team like a Mega

Transcendant Dialga: Dialga reveals that it sacrificed much of its power in order to keep time flowing. Transcendant Dialga is identical to Primal Pokemon. Wielding the Adamant Core, Dialga manages to fuse with time itself, becoming Transcendant Dialga. Its has 780 BST, and possesses the ability Speed Boost

Transcendant Palkia: Palkia reveals that it sacrificed much of its own power in order to keep space expanding. Trabscendant Palkia, wielding the Lustrous Core, fuses with space itself. It has 780 BST, and possesses the ability No Guard

Transcendant Giratina: Giratina lost much of its power as punishment. Cyrus manages to reel back the dimensional veil and obtains its true power. His Griseous Core allows him to prevent devestation. It has 780 BST, loses its Ghost type and gains an ability similar to Inverse Battles

Transcendant Arceus: Arceus is unique in that it does not need an item to go Transcendant. It simply need to learn to move Deific Ascent. A move with the power of Dragon Ascent, a Normal type and can hit any Pokemon with neutral damage. Even affecting Ghost Pokemon, and doing x1 damage to Steel and Rock Pokemon. Transcendant Arceus knows the ability Mastery, where every move gets STAB. It is the most powerful Pokemon to date

Primal Gensect: It is revealed that they weren't able to truly resurrect the creature Genesect came from. The Plasma Orb uses a CPU in it to analyze the original genetic structure of Genesect. It requires the three tao trio. It absorbs the ancient power within them, while holding

Primal bird trio and Lugia: Millennia ago, there was an ancient culture known as Pokelantis. They fed enormous qualities of life energy to enhance their god, Lugia. Lugia's booming energy also gave the potential for the bird trio to become as powerful as Lugia. However, the rage of Lugia and its disgust of this culture's mass sacrifice led to the destruction of their civilization(before you say too dark, compare it to AZ's backstory).

In the present, you can discover the Silver Orb, the Arctic Orb, the Zap Orb and Molten Orb. Through them, Lugia and co can safely unlock the power given to them, knowing you are trustworthy of their true might

Primal Articuno
Type-Ice/Flying
Ability-Snow Warning
Item-Artic Orb

Primal Zapdos
Type-Electric/Flying
Ability-Drizzle
Item-Zap Orb

Primal Moltres
Type-Fire/Flying
Ability-Drought
Item-Molten Orb

Primal Lugia
Type-Psychic/Dragon
Ability-Air Lock
Item-Silver Orb

cmats4020

You are taking my post and type match-ups way too literally. I was being sarcastic to prove a point. Of course you didn't say that stuff. I did to show you what you're saying is illogical.
Again, I'm going to use your own example against you to prove that it's pointless to try to compare most type match-ups with real life elements.
"Rock is strong against Bug because rocks can easily crush an insect."
Wouldn't most living creatures have the weight to crush a bug, and a tree would be able to crush a bug, and a wave would be able to crush or drown a bug, and a dragon would be able to crush a bug, and an icicle would be able to crush a bug, and a boxer would be able to crush a bug, and an earthquake would kill a bug. So, according to your logic, Normal, Grass, Water, Dragon, Ice, Fighting, and Ground should be super effective against Bug because they all would be able to crush a .0000001 pound ant in the real world.
Leave the logic at home. Not every type match-up needs to make sense as most of the already don't.

1000x Amen! Logic doesn't belong in Pokémon type match-ups whatsoever.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Mega Arcanine!

Ability: Flareate/Flameate/etc.
Increases the power of Normal-type moves by 30%. It then changes those moves to Fire-type.

Stats:
Total - 655
HP - 90
Attack - 150
Defense - 90
Sp.Atk - 110 (or 100)
Sp.Def - 90
Speed - 125 (or 135)

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
1000x Amen! Logic doesn't belong in Pokémon type match-ups whatsoever.

It does, but some is pretty obscure logic:
* Normal-Ghosts? I don't believe in no ghosts!
* Fighting-You can outmuscle bugs, and much like how dragons are slain in fairy tales, heroes are in fairy tales as well. Birds are hard to punch
* Water-Resists Ice because they're the same, only in different states
* Flying-Kill two birds with one stone, and frostbite on wings
* Grass-They feed on the ground(which is why they also resist Electric)
* Poison-Psychic=Purity, so its weak. I can't figure out why Ground moves are super-effective tho
* Bug-They live in the ground, so they resist

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Inkay should get levitate before losing it to either regular ability upon evolution. Would justify the floating and fits with, imo, the ufo like design it has.

Baltoy should not have levitate as they're often shown to hover only a bit off the ground and could benefit with another ability for maybe evioolite play and not gain levitate until evolving into claydol.

Elgyem should be able to naturally learn cosmic power being that it's a space themed pokémon.

Butterfree should be able to naturally learn hurricane like vivillon.

Hidden power should be a fairy type since can't actually be fairy type because no iv combo makes it.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
It does, but some is pretty obscure logic:
* Normal-Ghosts? I don't believe in no ghosts!
* Fighting-You can outmuscle bugs, and much like how dragons are slain in fairy tales, heroes are in fairy tales as well. Birds are hard to punch
* Water-Resists Ice because they're the same, only in different states
* Flying-Kill two birds with one stone, and frostbite on wings
* Grass-They feed on the ground(which is why they also resist Electric)
* Poison-Psychic=Purity, so its weak. I can't figure out why Ground moves are super-effective tho
* Bug-They live in the ground, so they resist

None of that made sense and proved that logic doesn't belong.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Pokemon variations and shinies

Variations​
Team Rocket's Delibird
Type-Ice/Flying
Ability-Insomnia
Apperance-Delibird has a little robber's mask and coin buttons
BST-Rocket's Delibird, like AZ's Floette, is a lot stronger than most members of its species
Moveset-Present, Thief,

Team Rocket's Meowth
Type-Normal
Ability-Technician
Gender-Male
Variations-Team Rocket's Meowth, like Pikachu, says its name
BST-Team Rocket's Meowth is notably the same strength as its evolution Persian. It cannot evolve

Rich Meowth
Type-Normal
Ability-Pickup
Gender-Female
BST-Same as Persian. Cannot evolve
Note-This is a shiny Pokemon, available as an in-game reward. Noticably it has a diamond collar

Arbok patterns: Like Spinda, Arbok is changed to have different patterns, based around the shape of its "hood face" and markings on its back. This is a purely aesthetic

Pink coloration-As with that Orange Island filler, you can go to someone and request a "pink coloration." There, you can paint certain Pokemon pink. If they are shiny, they will be blue. It is a purely aesthetic difference

Seasonal Sudowoodo-To disguise themselves, something new has been introduced. Sudowoodo's green bulbs are different colors depending on the season. Spring bulbs are darker green, Summer bulbs are bright green, Autumn bulbs are amber and Winter bulbs are snow white

Snowlax-A special Snorlax. It is Normal/Ice type with Thick Fat. Its unobtainable shiny is a darker snow shade

In-Game shinies​
To introduce the player to the idea of shinies, there is a shiny in each game you are certain to get, and a shiny is found as a member of a trainer

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald-In all three games, Winona is the only trainer who wields a shiny, her shiny Swellow. In both Ruby and Sapphire, hidden is a shiny Kecleon. In the middle of the Artisan Cave in Emerald lies a powerful, Level 60 shiny Smeargle. It knows Spore, Belly Drum, Slash and Sketch. Apparently this Smeargle likes to fight trainers that come in
FRLG-One of the Sevii Islands reveals that Team Rocket has stolen and mistreated a shiny Marowak
Diamond/Pearl-In the post-game, a Sudowoodo once more blocks your path. But it's special, as it is shiny. In it and Platinum, one of the rich folk in the Ribbon Society has a shiny Torchic
Platinum-In the Ribbon society, your reward is the above Rich Meowth
HGSS: Pokeathalon-The leader of the Pokeathalon has a shiny Rapidash as his prize. If you manage to beat the Pokeathalon, he will reward you with a Level 1 Shiny Ponyta he has bred
Black and White-As a fan of rich things, Ghetsis utilizes a shiny Cofagrigus, which remains shiny in the sequel. Later on, you can confront a Level 60 shiny Krookodile in the desert
XY-One of the payments in Hotel Richimissie is a shiny Slurpuff called Deserts by its owner. One Pokemon located in Parfum Palace is shiny Carbink, stated to be "the envy of my rich friends" by the Furfrou lover
ORAS-Once more, Winona uses a shiny Swellow. At the Battle Resort is a potent Pokemon, a little green Bagon. You are rewarded this Pokemon after defeating the five trainers

Event legendaries in Z and beyond​
Mew-Mew plays an important part in the Z plot. You see, in the Mega Evolution timeline, Mewtwo was created by a different group of scientists-those working for Team Flare. The scientist, based heavily on Dr Fuji, desired the technology to bring back someone he lost. However after the sacrifice of lives to do so and Mewtwo's berserk behavior, he retired in shame

Mewtwo was cloned because the Ultimate Weapon they were researching(albeit unable to use at the time) contained Mew itself, compressed like some primitive Pokeball. Research after obtaining Mewtwo reveals a darker side to the weapon: Mew is the catalyst for the weapon's power. 3000 years ago, AZ used its immortal life force in his schemes. AZ will help you to release Mew

Mew reveals its full power. It obtains the Ultimate Forme. Revealed to be something "greater than a Mega Evolution", Ultimate Mew has the same boost in power as a Mega Evolution or Primal Devolution, however it is a form change. Ultimate Mew is a Psychic/Normal type with Protean. It starts off as a Mew, but can transform using the move "Light of Ruin". It will not know Transform however. Like Deoxys, it is 10 levels higher than the Mewtwo you need to fight it

In order to help you, the scientist wields an experimental Mega Stone: Mewtwonite Z. Mega Mewtwo Z is a Psychic/Dark type with Guts as an ability

Celebi-Celebi returns as an event Pokemon in the DP remakes. To activate it, not only do you need an event item "GS Ball", but you need to have a Pokemon from a previous generation in your party's front slot. Professor Rowan notes that there's "something nostalgic" about that Pokemon, and Celebi appears. It is not shiny-locked, allowing you to get pink Celebi for the first time

Jirachi-Jirachi is an event Pokemon in Pokemon Z, which requires both the "Wish Tag" event item, and having either Kyogre or Groudon with their respective orb in your party. It must be in front. Depending on which, Team Aqua or Magma will arrive, and more about their leader's time with Jirachi will be revealed. Getting Jirachi will give you the Wish Tag item, which is similar to the Soul Dew

Manaphy-Like before, Manaphy is given out as an egg to the DPPt remake

Darkrai and Shaymin-Darkrai is given out as a wi-fi event for the week of which Halloween occurs, Shaymin is given out as a wi-fi event for the week of which Earth Day occurs

Arceus-Like Deoxys, this event Pokemon is available in-game in the DPPt remake, serving a similar narrative role

Victini-Given out on the week of Independence Day in game stores. Game stores in New York are special, as the Victini they give out is shiny

Keldeo-In Pokemon Z, this isn't event oriented. However, it requires a team of Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion, in a similar vein to Regigigas