1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Alkaide, Jul 29, 2006.

?

?

1. ?

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  2. ?

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  1. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

there's a zero percent chance Hellaflare's name is making it through, and Ice Burn already exists, so Freezer Burn will probably need to change the "burn" part of its name.

2. RoughCoronet0

RoughCoronet0 Dragon lover

If Z-crystals don’t make it back into the main line games, I’d like a way to be able to use Ultra Necrozma as I greatly love this star dragon. Maybe by fusing it with both Lunala and Solgaleo, since it needs a great deal of light to be able to stay in it’s true form.

Luthor and NeedsAName like this.
  3. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

The way i'd like it is if all the Species specific Z-moves were usable. But if you use a Z-move in a battle you can't Dynamax in that battle and vice versa. That would give a fair limitation and allow the Dynamax to still be the prominent focus of the region.

NeedsAName likes this.
  4. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

It was an attempt to represent Hellas, as in Hellenic, isn't that right Cofagrigus?

5. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

Johtonian Meowth
    Type-Ghost
    Ability-Infiltrator/Pickup
    Hidden ability- Cursed Body

HP:40
    Attack:75
    Sp. Attack:10
    Defense:35
    Sp. Def:40
    Speed:90
    Total:290

1 Fake Out
    1 Growl
    1 Shadow Sneak
    1 Curse
    4 Feint
    8 Scratch
    12 Pay Day
    16 Bite
    20 Taunt
    24 Assurance
    27 Shadow Punch
    29 Fury Swipes
    32 Screech
    34 Shadow Claw
    36 Slash
    40 Nasty Plot
    44 Play Rough
    50 Hone Claws
    60 Shadow Sneak

Dex Entry 1- Due to the nearby presence of Kanto and the fact that its secretive nature Johtonian Meowth was merely thought to be a myth until the gym leader Morty discovered a small clouder.
    Dex entry 2- Johtonian Meowth are known attack hidden using shadows or through walls.. It is unclear why they have changed but some claim it is because there is stronger spiritual power in Johto.

Johtonian Persian
    Type-Ghost
    Ability-Infiltrator/Spirit Boost.
    Hidden ability- Cursed Body
    Evolves from Johtonian Meowth at Night with a Dusk stone.

HP-65
    Attack-125
    Sp. Atk-10
    Defense-60
    Sp. Def-65
    Speed: 115
    Total: 440

- Shadow Claw
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Moonlight
    - Night shade
    - Fake Out
    - Night Slash
    - Phantom Force
    - Swords Dance
    - Crunch

Dex Entry 1- Johtonian Persian such a dangerous predator in legends that ancient Johtonians led to people keeping dark types (even despite their negative reputations). Some other legends even claim this is why Umbreon was first seen in Johto.

Dex Entry 2- Johtonian Persian has an incredible spirit. When it’s full power gets unleashed even a legendary Pokemon would be wise to flee.

Ability- Spiritual Power-(Ghost)- Powers up the Pokémon's Ghost-type moves if it's hit by one.

Appearance- Resemble their base forms but resemble shadows. Similar colour to Gengar.

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  6. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

I was out for a while with YGO news, but apparently Galarian Slowbro is Poison/Psychic as I expected (well, I expected it to be Psychic/Poison, but that's not too important for now).

With this, all possible Psychic-type combinations are covered.

With this, we have:
    Grass, Electric, Dark, Dragon: 1 type combo remaining
    Fire, Ground, Ghost, Rock, Steel, Ice: 2 type combos remaining
    Fighting, Poison, Bug, Fairy: 3 type combos remaining.
    Normal: 5 type combos remaining.

With Galarian Slowbro, we have 8 type combos introduced in Gen 8. With 17 type combos remaining, and Gen 9 being sure to introduce at least 9 type combos, we can see that Gen 10 will indeed be the most likely end of remaining type combos. With this chart, we can see that any combination will likely end at least one type's remaining type combinations next gen.

With the new DLC Pokémon, including Zarude, we have 17 typings introduced in Gen 8, 14+3 DLC typings. This is still lower than normal, however.

As I said previously, the typings of the remaining Mythicals, which are currently completely unknown, is going to be important, so will the next game's new Pokémon/forms in this generation.

NeedsAName likes this.
  7. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

New Moves!

Doubles Moves
    1. Abolition
    Type: Fairy
    Category: Status
    Power: N/A
    Accuracy: N/A
    PP: 15
    Description: The user conjures its powers to remove any restrictive condition on its ally.
    - Additional Info: This move not only lifts any status infliction, but also any condition that causes trapping or immobility, like Attract, Bind and Whirlpool.

2. Priority Shift
    Type: Dark
    Accuracy: 90
    PP: 10
    Description: The user saps its ally's energy, lowering the ally's Attack and Special Attack and increasing its own.

3. Priority Charge
    Type: Dark
    Category: Special
    Power: varies
    Accuracy: 100
    Description: The user saps its ally's vitality, draining their HP and using it to attack the foe.
    - Additional Info: This move drains 1/8th of the ally's HP. The mount of HP drained is the amount of damage dealt to the foe.

4. Ally Parry
    Type: Fighting
    Description: The user readies itself and blocks any incoming attack aimed for its ally.
    - Additional Info: This move has +1 priority. Unlike Protect, this move does not fail if used in succession.

5. Corporeal Shield
    PP: 5
    Description: The user sacrifices its physical form to bind itself with its ally, sharply raising the ally's Defense and Special Defense. The user then faints.

Singles Moves
    1. Pain Fuel
    Type: Psychic
    Description: The user uses the damage dealt by the foe to increase its stats. This move works differently depending on when it's used.
    - Additional Info: If this move is used before the opponent attacks, all the user's stats are increased after damage is dealt. If the move is used after the opponent attacks, only the user's Attack and Special Attack are increased, but sharply. This move fails if no damage is dealt.

2. Check
    Type: Fighting
    Category: Physical
    Description: The user gives the foe an opportunity to knock it out in the first turn. If the foe fails, the user knocks out the foe in the second turn.
    - Additional Info: This move has +1 priority. This move fails if the opponent has more than 50% HP, or if the opponent uses a Status move in the first turn.

3. Crushing Fall
    Type: Rock
    Category: Physical
    Power: 140
    Description: The user straightens itself and falls flat onto the foe, harshly damaging the foe and itself in the process.
    - Additional Info: The user loses half its max HP.

4. Terraform
    Type: Water
    Category: Special
    Power: 100
    Description: The user shoots powerful blasts of water in every direction, removing all weather and terrain effects.
    - Additional Info: If a weather effect is removed, it is replaced with rain. If a terrain is removed, it is replaced with Water Terrain. This move's secondary effect fails if there are no weather or terrain effects on the field.

5. Peek-A-Boo
    Description: The user plays a game of Peek-A-Boo with the foe, vanishing in the first turn and surprising the foe in the second, lowering their Attack, Defense, and Speed.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    NeedsAName likes this.
  8. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Insurance Policy
    Ability
    Effect: When the user is taken out, the HP they lost will be added to the next Pokemon sent out. If they lacked a status condition and the next Pokemon has a status condition already in effect, the next Pokemon's status condition will be confused

Snowball Fight
    Type-Ice/Physical
    Atk-60
    Acc-100
    PP-15
    Effect-This move is doubled in power in hail

Icekiddi, Slushboy and Snowmight, the Snow Pokemon
    Type-Ice/Fairy
    Ability-Fluffy(normal), Pixilate(Hidden)
    Evolution: Icekiddi-Max Friendship-Slushboy-Ice Stone-Snowmight
    Basis: This Pokemon is a living snowball and snowman. The Fairy type is reflecting how the snowman is animated through magic. Fluffy is because snow is soft and would take blows easier. While Steel and Fire types are seriously problematic, it has less to worry about most Rock moves and Fighting for that matter

Steel Smelter
    Type-Fire/Special
    Atk-90
    Acc-100
    PP-10
    Effect: The user's flame shapes and twists metal. It will have the same effect as Automitize on its target. If the target is an ally Steel-type Pokemon, they will get the Automitize effect but not take any damage

All-Parasol
    Held item
    Effect: An all-purpose umbrella. The wielder is immune to the negative effects of weather.
    • Rain: The user takes regular damage from water type moves. Primordial Sea results in regular damage, but Fire type attacks are still unable to be used(except on the user)
    • Sun: The user takes regular damage from fire type moves. Desolate Land results in regular damage, but Water type attacks are still unable to be used(except on the user)
    • Hail: The user doesn't take damage from hail, regardless of type or ability
    • Sandstorm: The user doesn't take damage from sandstorm, regardless of type or ability

NeedsAName likes this.
  9. Cyclone

Cyclone ^ where it all began

Farts

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020 at 2:57 AM
    TwilightBlade and NovaBrunswick like this.
  10. TheCharredDragon

TheCharredDragon Sexy Akechi is A Sketchy Catchy

I personally usually like the Pokémon names in English. The way they name them, usually in a very simple, yey sometimes "dumb", way like the aforementioned Muk and Talonflame, makes it a Pokémon to me because it's simple and usually easy for kids to remember. Usually. There are, of course, exceptions like Pyukumuku (or at least to me) and Zamazenta.

But since this is for fun...

Zacian -> Caledwulf (Caledfwlch, the "older" name of Excalibur, and Beowulf, an English hero)
    Zamazenta -> Svalahad (Svalinn, a shield that "stands before the sun" in Norse myth, and Galahad, a knight of the Round Table and the only one to successfully get the Holy Grsil)

11. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

Buzzwole- Name I'd prefer is Masskito. This is the German name but I think it would be a much better English Name too. As it references Mosquitos it just feels a more natural name to me. Referencing Buzz in the original name seems like the less important focus that being a Massive Mosquito (as Mass can refer to Body mass)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020 at 10:14 AM
  12. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

Mr. Mime = Mimeau (mime + Marcel Marceau, a famous mime artist)
    Politoed = Polifrog (pollywog + frog, referencing Poliwag and making it a bit more obvious it's part of that line)
    Lickilicky = Lickalot (pretty obvious)
    Yanmega = Yanmon (Yanma + monster)
    Leafeon = Lettuceon (because its leaves kind of look like lettuce leaves? :p)
    Talonflame = Robinferno (robin + inferno)
    Thwackey = Simibeat (simian + beat, as in drum beat)
    Raboot = Cinderabb (cinder + a shortening of rabbit)
    Cinderace = Rabburn (rabbit + burn)
    Drizzile = Driptile (drip + reptile)
    Inteleon = Intelizard (intel + lizard)

According to in-universe lore, aren't Zacian and Zamazenta just "placeholder" names because people don't know their actual names? Some joke names I came up with before their "official" names were revealed were Swordog and Shieldog. :p:D

Cyclone and Leonhart like this.
  13. TheCharredDragon

TheCharredDragon Sexy Akechi is A Sketchy Catchy

I approve. Totally not because I have soft spot for the word robin, of course not... xP

I didn't know that. i havent played either sword or shield yet ok But that's interesting... Weird placeholder names though. You'd think it would be something more "dumb"/simple sounding.

TwilightBlade and Leonhart like this.
  14. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

"Pikaboo" for Mimikkyu would've been great, although I did wonder if maybe the phrase was copyrighted or something. I also think that Barrierd's (Mr. Mime's) English name should've been anything else, because having a Pokemon that can be either male or female be a "Mr." just seems strange.

NeedsAName, TwilightBlade and Luthor like this.
  15. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

I would have Braviary become Wargle. Which I think sums it up well. Close to it's Japanese name Warrgle.

As for its counterpart Mandibuzz the best I could come up with is Vulscare (Combination of Vulture, Scare & Care.) The name Mandibuzz always sounded more like an Electric or Bug type to me so I guess this is slightly better at least imo. (but there probably is a better name out there).

Cyclone and Leonhart like this.
  16. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix #ChespinGang

I like Chespin's name just fine, but I dunno I feel like Harimaron sounds nicer and catchier. It should have kept the original name IMHO

TwilightBlade likes this.
  17. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

Yanmega definitely needed a better name because all I think about when I hear Yanmega is a Mega Yanma. :p I also like the fan name Masskito for Buzzwole. :]

Leonhart and Spider-Phoenix like this.
  18. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix #ChespinGang

Masskito is actually a great pun and I'm surprised it wasn't used in the english version.

NeedsAName likes this.
  19. NeedsAName

NeedsAName Well-Known Member

How about Helisopter? Helicopter+Anisoptera

Leonhart likes this.
  20. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

I always thought Braviary should be called Wargle and Lillipup should be Yorterry.