• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything

?

• ?

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • ?

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

voicerocker

Platinum Master
I'm sure they'll add more types in future Generations. Pokemon is ever expanding.

We haven't had new types since 1999. I think they are done with new types, they've got everything pretty much covered already.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Type change: Poison
Super Effective against: Grass, FIGHTING, DARK
I know that really Poison is a defensive type in general, but I personally think it should have at least an advantage to Fighting and Dark, the reason for this is that Fighting and Dark are according to me, the most humanlike types that exist (along with psychic and normal, but Poison is alreedy weak to Psychic and this wouldn't make sense, wilde normal has it's hands full with Fighting) and Humans are very suspectible to poison and this the two types should have a weakness to it.

TheEliteEmpoleon

We do not need new types. Frankly, I can't think of anything they could make into a whole type even if they want to, remember, it has to have moves as well as pokemon.

pacack825

A meowing duck.
I think that the only thing that's really needed is different type combinations, not new types. There is one thing that confuses me about the whole darkness and fighting thing. What about scrafty? It's dark AND fighting, so it's contradicting the fighting is honorable while dark is not. You can't be honorable and dishonorable at the same time. Also, about the poison needing more strengths, if you gave poison a strength against anything that poison would beat easily, you would have to make it super effective to normal, flying, bug, water, and grass. Because normal animals are hurt by poison, birds are often the victims of accidental poisonings, bugs because...come on...insecticides kill bugs, water because fish and whatnot are killed by poison, and grass is already there because of when a plant is in contaminated soil or something, it will die too. See what I mean? It would be kind of overpowered. I think they need to make a poison type legendary already, though. Think about it...the one type that doesn't have a legendary pokemon. Can anyone explain the dark/fighting combo to me? seriously -.-

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I think that the only thing that's really needed is different type combinations, not new types. There is one thing that confuses me about the whole darkness and fighting thing. What about scrafty? It's dark AND fighting, so it's contradicting the fighting is honorable while dark is not [...] Can anyone explain the dark/fighting combo to me? seriously -.-

Just because the Dark-type fits the dirty-fighting, evil, and/or dishonor theme, it doesn't necessarily apply to all Pokémon. Same with Fighting-type encompassing honorable, just combat. It doesn't apply to every single Pokémon out there.

As for the Scraggy line, I guess flavorfully the looks fit with the Dark-type, and its behavior fits with the Fighting-type? I really don't know.

Nice avatar choice, by the way.

pacack825

A meowing duck.
Wow...right back at you. And I get what you're saying there, it's just the whole scraggy thing we need to think about. xD

pacack825

A meowing duck.
You know what, that is entirely possible...thanks.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
It probably won't happen. Like, ever. But it would actually be very nice if it did. It could balance out some of the less balanced types like Poison. And maybe it also could be something else that Steel takes normal or better damage from. And though Light type is a terrible idea since depending on one's definition of Light it would either be a clone of Psychic or Electric, there still are possibilities. Sound could work, or maybe Cosmic, or in theory Nuclear even.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
It probably won't happen. Like, ever. But it would actually be very nice if it did. It could balance out some of the less balanced types like Poison. And maybe it also could be something else that Steel takes normal or better damage from. And though Light type is a terrible idea since depending on one's definition of Light it would either be a clone of Psychic or Electric, there still are possibilities. Sound could work, or maybe Cosmic, or in theory Nuclear even.

Nuclear-poison close enough
Sound-nah good idea though;)
Cosmic-kinda like space or galaxy right?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
As for the Scraggy line, I guess flavorfully the looks fit with the Dark-type, and its behavior fits with the Fighting-type? I really don't know.

If I recall correctly, the Scraggy line is based off of street thugs. Hence the sagging "pants," the mohawk, and the Fighting/Dark typing.

Megh

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Serpyro - Aqua Fire Pokemon
Serpyro's outer membrane is made of a substance similar to a bubble, and is able to hold a burning fire inside, while still being 100% underwater.
(It's a serpent thing, kinda like Eelektrik, but half orange and half blue with a kind of "glowing" middle, like a fire.)

Moveset:
Ember, Bubble, Leer,
Wrap, Will 'o' Wisp, Aqua Ring,
Whirlpool, Agility, Fire Spin,
Hydro Pump, Flamethrower, Bubbling Flare (special move)*

*Bubbling Flare-
Is a Fire-Type attack, but provides a same-type attack bonus for both Water and Fire, and is powered up by Water items like Mystic Water as well as Fire items like Charcoal.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Space type. We have a good amount of Pokemon from Space as it is.

pacack825

A meowing duck.
You'd have to change a bunch of pokemon...that would just be confusing.