• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything

?

• ?

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • ?

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

Aielyn

I have an idea, and I want someone to respond to this post and tell me what they think.

I think a new weather called flaming rain should be introduced.

Here's how it works.

Every turn all non-fire types will be damaged 1/16.

Except for those who are weak to fire, these will be damaged 1/8.

And these that are double weak will be damaged 1/4.

There is also 30% chance of any Pokémon on the field to burn.

Except for those who are weak to fire, these have 60% chance to be burned. And these with double weakness have 90% chance to be burned.

What do you think?

As the two above me have pointed out, there are some issues. So let's see if we can recast it in a way that is more balanced...

Name: Scorched Terrain
Description: The user sends a wildfire across the earth for five turns. This inflicts Pokémon on the ground with fire damage.

Detailed effects: Activates Flash Fire. Otherwise does not affect Fire types. Does 1/32 damage to double-resistant pokemon, 1/16 damage to single-resistant pokemon, 3/32 damage to neutral pokemon, 1/8 damage to single-weak pokemon, and 5/32 damage to double-weak pokemon. Dry Skin increases damage by 1/16. Water Veil and Heatproof decreases damage by 1/16 (minimum zero). Thick Fat decreases damage by 1/32. Thaws pokemon on ground that are frozen (and prevents freezing if they're on the ground). Damage effect decreased by 1/32 in Heavy Rain (minimum 1 HP if not 1 HP or less already, 0 HP if it was 1 HP before). Nature Power calls Incinerate. Secret Power behaves the same as in a Volcano. Camouflage will make the pokemon a Fire type.

The idea: Kind of imitates the Burn HP drop effect, but with the effect influenced by typing. Provides a method for Flash Fire pokemon to trigger their ability on their own, and a way to thaw allies. Not quite so extreme as to almost guarantee burning those with weakness, not quite so strong as to completely destroy pokemon that have a fire weakness. Also provides a convenient way to gain Fire type attacks on pokemon with Nature Power, and for Camouflage pokemon to get the Fire type.

As with the other Terrain moves, this doesn't affect Flying/Levitating/MagnetRising/etc pokemon. An interesting twist could be added by giving it some chance of burning pokemon as it fades (ie. after five turns)- perhaps 0% for double-resistant, 5% for single-resistant, 10% for neutral, 15% for single-weak, and 20% for double-weak.

Vern

Why not both?
I was thinking an ability that prevents status completely would be cool... or maybe it already exists.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm actually surprised we still don't have a move called Acid Rain.

How I see it, it would be a Poison-type damaging weather move that not only hits Steel types, but is supereffective. It takes out 1/16 HP every turn, but for Grass, Fairy, and Steel-types it takes out 1/8.

I'd also like to see more entry hazard moves. For example:

Ground Heat; Fire - The user lays a heating trap underneath the opponent. The trap burns Pokémon switching in.

Snare Vines; Grass - The user lays vines around the opponent. The trap prevents escape for the next Pokémon.
Note: Unlike other entry hazard moves, this move ceases after it is successfully used.

Icy Spikes; Ice - The user lays a trap of ice shards around the opponent. The trap damages Pokémon switching in. Weakness is calculated.

Sharp Pillar; Ground - The user raises a mountain-like pillar behind the opponent. The pillar damages Pokémon switching in. This move does double damage to Flying-types and Pokémon with Levitate.

Mind Warp; Psychic - The user surrounds the opponent in a purple haze. The haze confuses Pokémon switching in.

Guardian Mist; Fairy - The user surrounds the opponent with a bright pink mist. The mist harshly lowers the Attack of Pokémon switching in.

Bizarre Air; Ghost - The user casts an eerie air around the opponent. The air harshly lowers the Special Attack of Pokémon switching in.

I also have thought of entry assists, which would be nice.

Regenerating Mist; Fairy - The user casts a white mist around the target. The mist restores the HP of Pokémon switching in.
Note: The move restores 1/2 of the target's original HP.

Jet Stream; Flying - The user casts a strong current behind the user. The current sharply raises the Speed of Pokémon switching in.

Barricade; Rock - The user sets a large wall around the target. The wall sharply raises the Defense of Pokémon switching in.
Note: Like Substitute, the effects of this move can be lifted via attacks. However, moves that are supereffective against Rock-types will lift the effects quicker. The wall does not prevent damage. All moves can still hit the target.

Martyr's Aura; Fairy - The user faints, and a bright blue aura surrounds the target. The aura raises all stats of Pokémon switching in.

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex
I just want counterpart variants for certain moves...a fire type SR called Live Coals which also has a 30% chance to burn, an electric priority called Ion Burst, a physical fighting type QD called Martial Dance, a priority rock move called Stone Shot, a water (or ground) field hazard called Mire that slows the opponent on switch-in like SW, and an ice type psyshock called Frostbite...Oh! and a flying type rapid spin called Zephyr...

Last edited:

Sprinter1988

I'd make it so that spikes takes type weaknesses into account. Gamefreak was happy to screw over fire, flying, ice and bug types with Stealth Rock, its about time Spikes had the same effect on steel, rock and electric types as well.

Then let's have more entry hazards to make it even across the board:

Nettle Sting (Grass), Vapour Cloud (Water), Lava Ring (Fire), Static Ions (Electric), Jagged Ice (Ice), Poison Haze (Poison), Psy Orbs (Psychic), Spectral Power (Ghost), Dark Matter (Dark), Fairy Lights (Fairy), Aura Energy (Fighting) and so on.

Talonflame, Charizard, Moltres, Ho-oh, Articuno, Volcarona, Mega Pinsir and Yanmega all get screwed over by Stealth Rock - its time Aggron, Tyranitar, Dragonite, Hydreigon, Swampert, Torterra, Camerupt, Weavile, Cacturne, Abomasnow, Magnezone, Whinsicott, Rayquaza, Diancie and everything else with a double-weakness suffered this same indignity - make it even or get rid of it!

Mega Entei
Type: Fire/Psychic
Ability: Pressure/Flash Fire

Stats:
HP: 115
Attack: 130 (+15)
Defense: 90 (+5)
Sp. Attack: 130 (+40)
Sp. Defense: 85 (+10)
Speed: 130 (+30)
Total: 680

New Moves for Mega Entei:
Zen Headbutt (Not a new move but new for Entei)
Mystic Inferno (Fire/Psychic) 90 Damage: If Attack is higher it's a Physical Move, if Sp. Attack is higher it's a Special move.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Mega Entei
Type: Fire/Psychic
Ability: Pressure/Flash Fire

Stats:
HP: 115
Attack: 130 (+15)
Defense: 90 (+5)
Sp. Attack: 130 (+40)
Sp. Defense: 85 (+10)
Speed: 130 (+30)
Total: 680

New Moves for Mega Entei:
Zen Headbutt (Not a new move but new for Entei)
Mystic Inferno (Fire/Psychic) 90 Damage: If Attack is higher it's a Physical Move, if Sp. Attack is higher it's a Special move.

Why is Entei Psychic?

Sprinter1988

I just thought it would be a cool idea since he can learn a lot of Psychic moves from level up.

You mean Extrasensory and Calm Mind? I'm not saying a fire/psychic Mega Entei would be a bad thing but aside from those two moves, the only other psychic type moves it gets are Reflect and Rest.
Entei is a physical attacker so I agree that is should have Zen Headbutt (can't believe that it never had it before!) which would go well with Sacred Fire (which for some reason I am only now realising that it learns and that it is a physical attack)

Maybe if Mege Entei becomes part psychic then Mega Raikou could become part fighting and get Aura Sphere like that shiny one that was distributed a few years back.
Don't know what Mega Suicune could become though. There are plenty of references to it being associated with the north wind, but I don't think it would go down too well if Suicune became water/flying! Then again, as the north wind is said bring about cold weather maybe Mega Suicune should be water/ice?

You mean Extrasensory and Calm Mind? I'm not saying a fire/psychic Mega Entei would be a bad thing but aside from those two moves, the only other psychic type moves it gets are Reflect and Rest.
Entei is a physical attacker so I agree that is should have Zen Headbutt (can't believe that it never had it before!) which would go well with Sacred Fire (which for some reason I am only now realising that it learns and that it is a physical attack)

Maybe if Mege Entei becomes part psychic then Mega Raikou could become part fighting and get Aura Sphere like that shiny one that was distributed a few years back.
Don't know what Mega Suicune could become though. There are plenty of references to it being associated with the north wind, but I don't think it would go down too well if Suicune became water/flying! Then again, as the north wind is said bring about cold weather maybe Mega Suicune should be water/ice?

You're right about Entei not having many Psychic moves, I just didn't know any other types Entei could be (aside from Fire, Normal which is kind of crippling in my opinion), and I think you have some good ideas about Mega Raikou and Mega Suicune. Do you think them all being part Psychic is a very good idea, since they all learn some Psychic moves?

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Suicune does learn several Ice type moves, so I can see Water/Ice. Raikou and Entei aren't particularly associated with any other types though, so I think the Beast Megas will simply retain their typing.

Suicune does learn several Ice type moves, so I can see Water/Ice. Raikou and Entei aren't particularly associated with any other types though, so I think the Beast Megas will simply retain their typing.

I think Suicune's Water/Ice typing definitely makes the most sense, but I don't know, I just kinda wanna see something unpredictable in new megas.

Last edited:

Sprinter1988

You're right about Entei not having many Psychic moves, I just didn't know any other types Entei could be (aside from Fire, Normal which is kind of crippling in my opinion), and I think you have some good ideas about Mega Raikou and Mega Suicune. Do you think them all being part Psychic is a very good idea, since they all learn some Psychic moves?

They could, but like Entei, the only damaging psychic move Raikou and Suicune learn is Extrasensory.

Entei is the Volcano pokemon, but it doesn't look enough like a rock or ground type to justify making it either of those. Maybe dark? Raikou could go dark as well.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
They could, but like Entei, the only damaging psychic move Raikou and Suicune learn is Extrasensory.

Entei is the Volcano pokemon, but it doesn't look enough like a rock or ground type to justify making it either of those. Maybe dark? Raikou could go dark as well.

But keep in mind that just because it wouldn't make sense for the regular form to be a type doesn't mean it can't work for a mega evolution.

Pinsir is the perfect example of this. It can't learn any flying-type moves, and has nothing that resemblances a flying type, but Mega Pinsir DOES look like a flying type.

Ascended Dialga

Mega Johto Starters

Mega Meganium
Height: 6’7’’
Weight: 361.6 lbs.
Type: Grass
Ability: Tropical Growth (Grants +1 priority to Grass-type moves)

HP: 80
Attack: 110 (+28)
Defense: 125 (+25)
Special Attack: 120 (+37)
Special Defense: 130 (+30)
Speed: 60 (-20)
BST: 625 (+100)

Mega Typhlosion
Height: 6’3’’
Weight: 199.3 lbs.
Type: Fire/Dark
Ability: Diabolate (Makes all Normal-type moves Dark-type)

HP: 78
Attack: 125 (+41)
Defense: 90 (+12)
Special Attack: 135 (+26)
Special Defense: 90 (+5)
Speed: 116 (+16)
BST: 634 (+100)

Mega Feraligatr
Height: 7’10’’
Weight: 314.1 lbs.
Type: Water/Dragon
Ability: Strong Jaw

HP: 85
Attack: 160 (+55)
Defense: 110 (+10)
Special Attack: 74 (-5)
Special Defense: 108 (+25)
Speed: 93 (+15)
BST: 630 (+100)

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Mega Meganium
Height: 6’7’’
Weight: 361.6 lbs.
Type: Grass
Ability: Tropical Growth (Grants +1 priority to Grass-type moves)

HP: 80
Attack: 110 (+28)
Defense: 125 (+25)
Special Attack: 120 (+37)
Special Defense: 130 (+30)
Speed: 60 (-20)
BST: 625 (+100)

Mega Typhlosion
Height: 6’3’’
Weight: 199.3 lbs.
Type: Fire/Dark
Ability: Diabolate (Makes all Normal-type moves Dark-type)

HP: 78
Attack: 125 (+41)
Defense: 90 (+12)
Special Attack: 135 (+26)
Special Defense: 90 (+5)
Speed: 116 (+16)
BST: 634 (+100)

Mega Feraligatr
Height: 7’10’’
Weight: 314.1 lbs.
Type: Water/Dragon
Ability: Strong Jaw

HP: 85
Attack: 160 (+55)
Defense: 110 (+10)
Special Attack: 74 (-5)
Special Defense: 108 (+25)
Speed: 93 (+15)
BST: 630 (+100)

I like this a lot, especially Mega Feraligatr.

I also like the ability Tropical Growth. I'd love to have that in the game.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Compendium: All my ideas for Megas, Primals and evos

I've made a lot of lists on this subject. But now, I will try and surmise my opinions in their entirety.

Super Stone-"An item which allows Pokemon to use their maximum potential. It has a similar composition to a Mega Stone."

Kanto Pokemon​
Mega Butterfree
Type-Bug/Psychic
Ability-Compound Eyes

Rastermate(Rat+Xterminate)
Type-Normal/Ground
Evolution-Raticate+Lv Up in a building or suburban area-Rastermate
Ability-Strong Jaw
Description-"Rastermate can bite through anything, even diamond. If trapped in plumbing, expect the system to be completely wrecked."

Mega Fearow
Type-Dark/Flying
Ability-Intimidate
Item-Fearowite

Mega Arbok
Type-Poison/Dark
Ability-Intimidate
Item-Arbokite

Mega Raichu
Type-Electric
Ability-Supercharge(Electric moves are super-effective against Ground Pokemon. This
Item-Raichuite

Mega Nidoking and Mega Nidoqueen
Type-Poison/Ground
Ability-Brawny(Fighting moves get a 50% boost) for Mega Nidoking, Terralize(Normal moves become Ground type) for Mega Nidoqueen
Item-Nidokingite, Nidoqueenite

Mega Ninetales
Type-Fire/Fairy
Ability-Cursed Body
Item-Ninetalite

Paracide, the Walking Parasite Pokemon
Type-Bug/Ghost
Ability-Unchanged
Evolution-Parasect-Mega Fragment while levelled up with friendship-Paracide
Description-"Paracide's body has become a shell, animated by the mushroom. However its soul has regained total control."

Mega Machamp
Type-Fighting
Ability-Iron Fist
Item-Machampite

Mega Golem
Type-Ground
Ability-Pressure
Item-Golemite

Pegasoar, the Flying Horse Pokemon
Type-Fire
Ability-Levitate
Evolution-Rapidash-Lv up with Super Stone-Pegasoar

Slowperor, the Shell Lord Pokemon
Type-Water/Psychic
Ability-Forewarn/Frisk
Evolution-Slowking-Lv up with Cloyster-Slowperor
Description-"The venom of Slowperor has ignited its true potential. It can predict almost any action from the opponent."

Unleak'ly
Type-Fighting/Flying
Ability-Weapon Boost(Items which give a boost in attack or defense get doubled in effectiveness)
Evolution-Farfetch'd-Lv up with Super Stone-Unleak'ly
Description-"Unleak'ly are well aware of their weakness, so they spend their life perfecting their tools. Rumors say they developed cannons."

Mega Marowak
Type-Ground/Ghost
Ability-Spectralize
Item-Marowite

Mega Weezing
Type-Poison/Fire
Ability-Levitate
Item-Weezite

Mega Jynx
Type-Ice/Psychic
Ability-Dizzy Dance(special attacks have a chance of confusion)
Item-Jynxite

Primal Kabutops
Type-Bug/Water
Ability-Unchanged
Item-Dome Orb

Primal Omastar
Type-Ground/Water
Ability-Hard Armor(defense increases with hit, but speed lowers)
Item-Helix Orb

Mega Dragonite
Type-Dragon/Water
Ability-Shed Skin
Item-Dragon..errr

Primal Mew
Type-Psychic/Normal
Ability-Super Protean(secondary type changes to fit moveset)

Johto Pokemon​
Mega Meganium
Type-Grass/Fairy
Ability-Healer
Item-Meganite

Mega Typhlosion
Type-Fire
Ability-Flame Body
Item-Typhlosite

Mega Feraligatr
Type-Water
Ability-Strong Jaw
Item-Feraligatrite

Mega Noctowl
Type-Psychic/Flying
Ability-Insomnia
Item-Noctowlite

Mega Sudowoodo
Type-Rock/Grass
Ability-Trace
Item-Sudowoodite

Primal Yanmega
Type-Bug/Dragon
Ability-Speed Boost
Item-Elder Orb

Ciphable, the Code Pokemon
Type-Psychic
Ability-Unown Power(moves with the same type as the Unown's Hidden Power get STAB)
Evolution-Unown-Lv up with another Unown in the party-Ciphable
Description-"The hive of Unown has unleashed their great power on Ciphable. It contains secrets of the universe."

Conjuraffe
Type-Normal/Psychic, Normal/Fairy or Normal/Dark
Ability-Contrary
Evolution-Girafarig-Lv Up with Malamar in party-Conjuraffe. Its identity is based off its nature. A nature that favors physical stats results in Dark, a nature that favors special stats results in Psychic, one that favors physical stats results in Dark and one that favors none, HP or Speed results in Fairy

Sparcagon and Mega Sparcagon
Type-Normal/Dragon and Fairy/Dragon
Ability-Unchanged
Evolution-Dunsparce-Max Friendship+Super Stone-Sparcagon

Primal Mamoswine
Type-Ice/Ground
Ability-Haven't figured that out yet
Item-Elder Orb

Aviklaws
Type-Ice/Flying
Ability-Thick Fat/Speed Boost
Evolution-Delibird-Lv Up while holding Super Stone-Aviklaws

Primal beast trio
Types-They get an additional Psychic type
Abilities-Their dream world ability
Item-Rainbow Orb(with Ho-oh in party)

Primal Lugia
Type-Psychic/Dragon
Ability-Drizzle

Primal Ho-oh
Type-Fire/Psychic
Ability-Drought

Hoenn​
Awsmayeta, the Epic Wolf Pokemon
Type-Dark
Ability-???

Mega Gallade

Elekun and Prosle, the Charge Pokemon
Type-Electric
Ability-Minus and Plus respectively
Evolution-Lv up with Super Stone with the other in the party

Mega Volbeat and Mega Illumise
Type-Bug/Electric
Ability-Rivalry
Item-Volbeatite and Illumite

Mega Wailord
Type-Water
Ability-Levitate
Item-Wailordite

Galapakol
Type-Fire/Rock
Ability-Water Absrob
Evolution-Lv up in a volcanic region

Pandaxis
Type-Normal/Psychic
Ability-Unchanged
Evolution-Lv up Pandaxis with a Super Stone

Primal Flygon
Type-Ground/Bug
Ability-Levitate
Item-Elder Orb

Primal Cradily
Type-Water/Grass
Ability-Suction Cups
Item-Root Orb

Primal Armaldo
Type-Bug/Water
Ability-Keen Eye
Item-Claw Orb

Evercast, the Weather Pokemon
Type-Flying(natural or Gale Wings), Flying/Fire(Sunny Day), Flying/Water(Rain Dance), Flying/Ice(Hail), Flying/Rock(Sandstorm)
Ability-Super Forecast(Forecast, but it affects the secondary type)
Evolution-Castform-Lv up with Super Stone in a natural weather condition-Evercast

Mega Tropius
Type-Grass/Dragon
Ability-Harvest
Item-Tropiusite

Mornknell
Type-Psychic/Ghost
Ability-Levitate
Evolution-Chimecho-Lv up with Super Stone-Mornknell

Mega Froslass
Type-Ice/Fairy
Ability-Cursed Body
Item-Froslassite

Primal Regi-trio
Types-Gains a Fighting type
Ability-Rebuild(they heal if it by a move of their primary type)
Item-Granite Orb, Icicle Orb or Meteor Orb

Sinnoh Pokemon​
Mega Staraptor
Type-Fighting/Flying
Ability-Brawnilize(Normal moves become Fighting)

Krickesonnet
Type-Bug/Psychic
Ability-Unchanged
Evolution-Lv up with Super Stone while knowing Hyper Voice

Primal Rampardos
Type-Fighting
Ability-Rock Head
Item-Skull Orb

Primal Bastiodon
Type-Steel
Ability-Rock Head
Item-Shield Orb

Primal Bronzong
Type-Steel/Psychic
Ability-Drizzle
Item-Mirror Orb

Mega Carnivine
Type-Grass
Ability-Flycatcher(Bug moves heal this Pokemon)
Item-Carnivite

Primal lake trio
Type-Psychic/Fairy
Ability-Keen Eye, Clear Body, Cursed Body
Item-Soul Orb

Primal Dialga
Type-Steel/Dragon
Ability-Speed Boost
Item-Axis Key

Primal Palkia
Type-Water/Dragon
Ability-Keen Eye
Item-Axis

Mega Heatran
Type-Fire/Steel
Ability-Pressure
Item-Heatranite

Primal Giratina
Type-Ghost/Dragon
Ability-Inverse

Primal Arceus
Type-Void
Ability-Mastery(all moves get a STAB basis)
Move needed to learn-Judgement

Aetius

Is it possible to post here some drawings about Fakemon and the likes?
I'm asking this because, if possible, I'd like to share with you some Fakemon I just created. :D

HM02gon

Waiting...
Is it possible to post here some drawings about Fakemon and the likes?
I'm asking this because, if possible, I'd like to share with you some Fakemon I just created. :D

I think you can post them under Fan Art. I would love to see them!