• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything

?

• ?

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • ?

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

Red and Blue

Aside from more Eeveelutions I'd like to see Pokémon based on

1. Gargoyles: probably be Rock/Dragon
2. Moose: maybe pure Normal
3. Rotom taking over a Race Car: possibly Electric/Steel.
4. An actual Dolphin Pokémon

Missingno.Fan

I want to see a Grass/Fire chili pepper, Steel/Poison based on Mercury (that has a liquid and solid form), a cheetah that has an ability to where it’s Speed and Attack stats switch after a certain amount of time, and a possum that has an ability where it can’t receive direct damage when it’s asleep.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
1. New eeveelutions (I would like to see the dragon type and ghost type the most)

I was kind of disappointed when Gen 8 didn't introduce any new Eeveelutions. There should be an Eeveelution for each of the 18 types. I'd love to see a Ghost-type Eeveelution as well (I'd think it would be called Spectreon).

3. A Pokémon inspired by the Kraken. It would have legendary status and would be of the Water/Dragon type

Isn't Gyarados somewhat based on the Kraken? Its name was even Skulkraken in the Red/Blue beta.

HA: Photographic Memory - Remembers past opponents and changes move type to be super effective.

That would actually be a pretty cool (and useful) ability.

DuskAstral

Isn't Gyarados somewhat based on the Kraken? Its name was even Skulkraken in the Red/Blue beta.
Well, when I checked his origins, it was about the fact that he was inspired by the sea serpent or the Chinese dragon in terms of appearance.
The only thing he has in common with the Kraken is that they are both "devastating sea monsters terrorizing humans" and nothing else.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I wouldn’t use beta names as the origins of Pokémon. Remember that this same beta called Tangela Medusa Which it clearly isn’t based on or even having the same powers as the legendary figure. And Jigglypuff was close to being called Pudding despite it not having a body made of custard or resembling a sort of cake.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
And Jigglypuff was close to being called Pudding despite it not having a body made of custard or resembling a sort of cake.

Isn't Jigglypuff's Japanese name Pudin?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Christmas Related

Variant Stantler
Type-Ice/Electric
Ability: Levitate
Basis: The flying reindeer associated with Santa Claus. The Electric type is it lighting up things with its nose and being speedy, like Rudolf, complete with red lightning

Aviklaws, the Festive Pokemon
Type-Ice/Flying
Ability-Thick Fat/Vital Spirit(normal), Snow Warning(Hidden)
Evolution: Delibird-Trade with the Merry Gift-Aviklaws
Item: Merry Gift. Can be won in frontiers and rarely found as a hidden item. Fetches a high price and evolves Delibird

Cherbifrost, Snoel and Seraphroze
Type-Ice/Fairy(Cherbifrost, Snoel), Ice/Fire(Seraphroze)
Ability-Serene Grace(Cherbifrost, Snoel), Levitate(Seraphroze)
Egg group-Fairy
Gender ratio-Gender unknown
Evolution: Cherbifrost-
Basis: Snow angels

Monox D. I-Fly

3. Rotom taking over a Race Car: possibly Electric/Steel.
Man, even though I said I want them to complete the Eeveelutions/Regis/Tapus/Castforms/Oricorios I forgot about the Rotoms. Let's try the possibilities:
Rotom Chip (Normal)
Rotom Drill (Ground)
Rotom Bomb (Rock, to explode them)
Rotom Zap (Electric, based on a bug zapper)
Rotom Grind (Steel)
Rotom Switch (Psychic, based on a game console)
Rotom Tase (Dark, based on a taser)
Rotom Lamp (Fairy)
Rotom Saw (Fighting, based on a chainsaw)
Rotom Drone (Bug, a drone is kinda like a bug)
Rotom Toy (Dragon, based on a robot toy dinosaur)

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Man, even though I said I want them to complete the Eeveelutions/Regis/Tapus/Castforms/Oricorios I forgot about the Rotoms. Let's try the possibilities:
Rotom Chip (Normal)
Rotom Drill (Ground)
Rotom Bomb (Rock, to explode them)
Rotom Zap (Electric, based on a bug zapper)
Rotom Grind (Steel)
Rotom Switch (Psychic, based on a game console)
Rotom Tase (Dark, based on a taser)
Rotom Lamp (Fairy)
Rotom Saw (Fighting, based on a chainsaw)
Rotom Drone (Bug, a drone is kinda like a bug)
Rotom Toy (Dragon, based on a robot toy dinosaur)
Rotom Toy I think should be based on the toy robot in the journal entry found inside the secret room in the Old Chateau in Platinum as it would be a nice nod to the very first game to give Rotom new forms and its lore.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well, actually, they don't have to be animals--plants, fungi, bacteria, chromistans, whatever you think might work would do too!

Game Freak has had a lot of interesting concepts made into Pokémon, such as pangolins, diving bell spiders, sea lilies, pistol shrimp, and Viking cats, but the real world has so many interesting things, and I feel there's still a lot left to go through. Here are some organisms I'd like to see a Pokémon made from sometime:

Betta
rLEXxOb.png

It seems odd to me that we've gone this many generations without something based on a creature known as a "fighting fish." Perhaps we're headed in that direction though, with Barraskewda learning Close Combat. Betta fishes have very recognizable, distinctive, graceful appearances (the males more so though), and that famous vicious competitiveness males have with other males.

New Zealand Glowworm
daKZMVo.png

These weird but beautiful creatures create strings of bioluminescent beads in tubes of sticky mucus to lure in prey. Once the prey is ensnared, the glowworm travels across its network of tubes toward the prey and goes in for the kill. A Pokémon based on this creature could be a Bug/Fairy, a more malevolent counterpart to Ribombee.

Virginia Opossom
DisR6Hz.png

This is the single best candidate, if you ask me, for that coveted Normal/Ghost type combination. This critter is, well, early-game Normal-type mammal material, but it's famous for playing dead, to the point where it smells like a corpse. A Pokémon based on an opossom could also play dead in the midst of battle, change form, and gain the Ghost-type.

Geographer Cone Snail
fhO7NGb.png

Does this snail look like a tank to you? Because it functions a lot like one, though that turret at the front fires a highly venomous harpoon. Cone snails exhibit the fastest movement of any gastropod, able to sit somewhere inconspicuously and shoot debilitating neurotoxin into an unsuspecting victim in an instant. Imagine a super-slow snail Pokémon with a Poison-type priority move...

Ecballium
uOp5LXn.png

That is the fruit of the Ecballium, but don't try to eat it, because it functions more like a wind-up cannon. Rather than waiting for an animal to carry the seeds elsewhere, Ecballium shoots them out to long distances by storing up tension in its cells, then releasing them all at once. A Pokémon based off of this would have some very painful Bullet Seeds.

Bladderwort
xWimLX7.png

Each of those little black bits is a death trap, because bladderworts are carnivorous plants. When a small aquatic creature approaches one of those capsules, the plant sucks the animal straight into the capsule, where it's sucked dry of nutrients. I always thought that Pokémon is oddly low on carnivorous plants (it's been just the Bellsprout line and Carnivine so far), though they do sometimes adapt non-carnivorous ones into carnivorous plants (like Cacturne).

Dodder
YlYV8nB.png

Even rarer, though is the parasitic plant. Actually, I don't think we've had any yet, just a parasitic fungus (Paras line). The dodder is a plant with no roots and no photosynthesis. Instead, it latches onto other plants and effectively controls them, the host supplying the dodder of its every need. Perhaps a dodder Pokémon could take control of other Grass-types while putting its own change on them in some way.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I'm surprised there hasn't been an earthworm yet.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
If they ever make a region based on Australia, they should make a proper kangaroo Pokémon, compared to whatever Kangaskhan is supposed to be. We already have Komala as a koala Pokémon, but it would be more at home in the hypothetical Australia region than in Hawaii, which is Alola's base. They could also take inspiration from Finding Nemo and make clownfish and royal blue tang Pokémon, and some existing Pokémon (such as Qwilfish) could get regional forms.

header-breeding-tropical-fish.jpg

A great idea for a new Pokémon for this region could be the reef stonefish. It looks rather ugly and disguises itself as a rock, but when stepped on or disturbed in any way, it releases a potent poison that could kill a human in a few minutes straight. It could be Rock/Poison, and its ability could be Poison Point.

stonefihs2.jpg

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Oh yes, and here's one more I had forgotten to add to my initial list:

Bolas Spider
36rpvGp.png

This spider literally goes fishing for moths. It casts a strand of its web with a big sticky, sweet drop at the end that moths like. They then get caught in the sticky substance--moths are normally protected from spider webs due to their scales. A Pokémon based on the Bolas Spider could mix the traditional spider look with the Fisherman archetype, just as Diggersby did with Hikers.

Orphalesion

I want a Faun, Fairy/Fighting or Fairy/Grass preferably. A Gorgon/Gorgon's Head. A Tanuki. One of those hopping umbrella Youkai. A "burning love" fire/Fairy pokemon. A Pegasus. A kelpie. A kirin.
A peacock. A hummingbird. A flamingo. A Harpie Eagle.
An earthworm. A housefly that starts out as a maggot. Those glow worms @Ophie has already mentioned. Swarming caterpillars. A Dung Beetle. Termites. A Tardigrade..
A Lionfish. A Sea Pig. A Manatee. A Brittle Star, Basket Star, Snake Star. Blind Cave Fish. An Olm/blind cave salamander. A Caecilian.
Various specific flowers (lilacs, snowdrop Bird-of-Paradise, Sword Lily, Grass/Fire Waratah, water/Grass lotus flower etc) A huuuuge Redwood Tree. Kelp. A tumbleweed. Some grass pokemon that are based on colourful autumn leaves. A Weeping Willow.
That's all I can 5hink of right now.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I still want to see a fossil Pokemon based on a spinosaurus. I sadly can't recall who it was but another user had a pretty good idea in one of the SwSh pre-release wishlist/speculation threads; a part Electric-type spinosaurus whose sail also doubles as a set of pylons to generate electricity.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I want a Faun, Fairy/Fighting or Fairy/Grass preferably. A Gorgon/Gorgon's Head. A Tanuki. One of those hopping umbrella Youkai. A "burning love" fire/Fairy pokemon. A Pegasus. A kelpie. A kirin.
A peacock. A hummingbird. A flamingo. A Harpie Eagle.
An earthworm. A housefly that starts out as a maggot. Those glow worms @Ophie has already mentioned. Swarming caterpillars. A Dung Beetle. Termites. A Tardigrade..
A Lionfish. A Sea Pig. A Manatee. A Brittle Star, Basket Star, Snake Star. Blind Cave Fish. An Olm/blind cave salamander. A Caecilian.
Various specific flowers (lilacs, snowdrop Bird-of-Paradise, Sword Lily, Grass/Fire Waratah, water/Grass lotus flower etc) A huuuuge Redwood Tree. Kelp. A tumbleweed. Some grass pokemon that are based on colourful autumn leaves. A Weeping Willow.
That's all I can 5hink of right now.

As for the tardigrade, Reuniclus has some similarities with them, such as its stubby shape, the mucus coat, and the fact that it can survive in nearly any environment.

We could definiely use more Pokémon based on microorganisms though.

Orphalesion

As for the tardigrade, Reuniclus has some similarities with them, such as its stubby shape, the mucus coat, and the fact that it can survive in nearly any environment.

We could definiely use more Pokémon based on microorganisms though.

I mean I always saw Reuniclus as a "developing fetus" Pokemon, to me it always looked like it has bones? But that could be organelles. Maybe there could be a regional form of Reuniclus that plays up the "water bear" name. With runder ears and a tardigrade like snout Maybe Psychic/Water

And that's a good idea bout more micro organisms, like Rotifers and hydras or a Paramecium Pokemon. Related to that, I always thought a Electric/Poison "Virus" Pokemon would be interesting (like fashioned after one of those kinda alien-spider looking Bacteriphages, but as a "computer virus") Though that might be a bit too controversial for the foreseeable future.