• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

creating software

Kez

Hoenn Champion
I know that most software applications are created using some sort of programming language, but is it possible to create software using Microsoft Access or Even Excel? I remember hearing from my teacher that it was possible, but I have yet to find out if it is true, and how it can be done.

I would appreciate any help.

Magma Leader Maxie

Non caedor caedo
:confused: Not as far as I know. You can't make anything but tables and databases with those programs.

What kind of software applications did you have in mind?

Paradox

Irate Pirate
You can kinda make programs in Excel etc, but they are all spreadsheet based, so it really depends on what type of software you want to create. You'll probably need a guide to help you do it, as your in England the A-Level ICT books may have things in that will help you make a system.

To get it go to (In most Microsoft office applications e.g Word, Excel) Tools > Macro > Visual Basic Editor

I've only created a glorified user friendly spreadsheet system so far, with forms to enter data into instead of putting the information into cells manually.

Last edited:

Kez

Hoenn Champion
Thank you for your advice. I will ask my teacher when I have him next. And Paradox, thank you for the advice, but I have tried that and a search but have come up with nothing.

It is not for anything in particular, just for curiosity purposes. And I am trying to learn C++ to create computer games with because it has practical application.

ricocheting

Noob Trainer
Admin
just a warning. if you are new to programming and you're jumping directly into c++ for the purpose of game programming, i'm still trying to think of a word to describe the level of difficulty you've jumped into. "insanely difficult" doesn't seem accurate enough.

not saying it's impossible, but i would definitely recommend starting somewhere else.