• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Creative and Innovative Movesets Thread (Read The Rules in the OP before Posting!)

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Is multiscale even legal with sleep talk?

Anyway, I don't see a point in two phasing moves. I'd swap one out for something else.

He had a layer of rocks up, 3 spikes and a single layer of toxic spikes, this was a complete phaser set from a while back. I could see him dropping roar altogether, but having 3 moves is iffy at best (unless you utilize last resort or something like that) which reminds me...

Ambipom @ life orb
Jolly
Any ability
4 hp/252 atk/ 252 spd
Shadow claws
Last resort

Not sure how well used this is, I have honestly never seen anyone else use it, and it is only walled by steels (and normals on turn 1)

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
^ That's not the way you do a Last Resort on Ambipom. I've seen it used better with a set that looks similar to this:

Ambipom (Jolly nature)
Item: King's Rock
EV spread: 252 Attk, 252 Speed, 4 HP.
Ability: Usually Technician for a boost in Fake Out's power.
Moves: Fake Out
Fling
Last Resort

This set is completely walled by steels, but what this set has that yours doesn't have is two one-time moves (unless you switch out, of course). Last Resort doesn't work unless you have used all possible moves in your moveset. With your set, you'd have to use Shadow Claw all 24 times (assuming you're using PO) to use Last Resort.

Because Fake Out and Fling are one-shot moves (in other words, they work only once), you can use Last Resort and start OHKOing everything that doesn't resist it.

All my creative ideas have been shot down (and some with good reason), so I won't post anything more of that here (unless I truly get something good).

Ninja Dog

Banned
I thought with Last resort, You only had to use all other moves once.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
134.gif

i love you (Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Scald
- Rest
- Attract
- Substitute

Here is another useful set i created, i call this set the sexy Vaporeon, this set is a good stall set as you can see because if you have rain up you can use rest and sleep heals in rain so you gain or your health back, with Vaporeons high hp and high defence it can take little damage from little threats letting it get into Sub and using Attract then Scald which may burn them, this set is really good to stop set ups and burn dragons or fighting pokemon which have high attack,

I picked Hydration over Water absorb because Vaporeon won't take much damage from water pokemon and Vaporeon avoids toxic or any other affect, I gave 252 hp so it can take a lot of damage and stall the foes pokemon, I gave Vaporeon 252 def because dragon pokemon can easy hurt Vaporeon if it has no def evds so this is a good evd set to stop that, i gave Vaporeon scald because i want stall the foes pokemon while hurting them with scald and burn and i want to destory dragons set ups so they are no longer useful but i also needed scald so if a pokemon use taught at least i be able to attack them, next i gave Vaporeon Rest because in rain Vaporeon can not be hurt by toxic or any other affects and Rest is the best move to heal since it heals your pokemon back to full health and puts them asleep but with Vaporeons ability it gains full health and wakes up meaning Vaporeon will be hard to take down, next i gave Vaporeon Attract because when Vaporeon is in a sub this is a perfect move to keep Vaporeon from taking damage, as you can see my Vaporeon is female because most pokemon you battle are male so this is very useful move to stall them by making them for in love with Vaporeon, also the pokemon will stay in love with Vaporeon until a switch is made so i can keep subbing and resting and trying to burn them with scald.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
To be truthful, Attract has always been a gimmick.

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
He had a layer of rocks up, 3 spikes and a single layer of toxic spikes, this was a complete phaser set from a while back. I could see him dropping roar altogether, but having 3 moves is iffy at best (unless you utilize last resort or something like that) which reminds me...

Ambipom @ life orb
Jolly
Any ability
4 hp/252 atk/ 252 spd
Shadow claws
Last resort

Not sure how well used this is, I have honestly never seen anyone else use it, and it is only walled by steels (and normals on turn 1)

yea, this is basically a gimmick, as it was walled by any Pokemon that is part steel, and the standard Ampipomb set does much more work

Ambipom (Jolly nature)
Item: King's Rock
EV spread: 252 Attk, 252 Speed, 4 HP.
Ability: Usually Technician for a boost in Fake Out's power.
Moves: Fake Out
Fling
Last Resort

same as above

i love you (Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Scald
- Rest
- Attract
- Substitute

attract is generally a gimmick, and w/o it, it's Vaporeon w/ Substitute

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
As far as Ambipom sets go, I think this one is much better.

424.gif

Ambipom
Ability: Technician
Item: Flying Gem
Nature: Jolly (+Spd., -Sp. Att.)
EV's: 6 Hp, 252 Att., 252 Spd.
Moves:
Fake Out
Covet
Acrobatics
U-Turn

Ment to cause some discord and deal a lot of damage while doing it. Fake Out to break sashes, sturdy, and to get some free damage. Then either Covet to cause quite a bit of damage with base 120 power after the STAB and Technician boost, Acrobatics for major damage after the Flying Gem boost (and to take out Fighting types), or U-turn to get out of harms way and strike again later (switching in a Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn for extra damage is always fun). After the Flying Gem's used up, then you can either use Covet to steal your opponents item, potentially ruining whatever strategy they're running, or just keeping hammering away with a high-powered Acrobatics. Still walled by Steel and Rock types, but you can always just take their item then U-Turn out for a teammate to take over.

TrollFreak

Well because I can, bumping this thread with some of my creative sets

460.gif

Abomasnow (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Seed Bomb
- Ice Shard

Abomasnow is a slightly underrated Pokemon. Leech Seed and with the combination of Hail plus Protect wears down ALOT of Pokemon. Most Grass types (which are immune to Leech Seed) won't want to come into an Aboasnow so you're free to Leech Seed a lot of stuff. A minor example: a CBScizor or Balloon Heatran switches to your Leech Seed, it loses 18.25% from Hail and Leech Seed damage, Protect to scout his next turn and loses another 18.25% next turn, if that Scizor/Heatran switched in on Stealth Rock it has already lost 50% of his health without doing anything. (I really love Leech Seed, such an underrated move imo)
This set has brought me the most success when using Abomasnow. Why? Well tbh I'm not sure if I can answer that but IMO it could be that people don't really expect the Physical set and assume it's a Special attacker or some Scarf set. Things like Tentacruel/Tyranitar/Jellicent/Blissey sometimes come in expecting a special attack only to get hit on their weaker side. Also another thing I loved about this Abomasnow (well and most Abomasnows) is that this guy can shut down most Water types and can mess up Drizzle teams. And this guy has a priority attack in Ice Shard, can be used to revenge weaken Dragons.

Brave nature so you can be slower than Tyranitar (don't forget to set your speed IVs to 0 :eek:) to get your Hail up instead of Sand. The EV spread is so you hit a SR number and hit as hard as you can with Seed Bomb or Ice Shard (his STABs), and if you want you can use Wood Hammer over Seed Bomb, I'm not a big fan of recoil moves.

233.png

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
-Tri Attack
-Discharge
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Porygon2 isn't exactly underrated in OU but offensive sets sure are. 105 base Special Attack with full investment hits very hard and thanks to Eviolite and full HP Porygon2 has very bulky defensive stats of 374 / 325 / 339. It has great coverage thanks to pseudo BoltBeam and Tri Attack for STAB and neutral coverage. Recover lets Porygon2 stay healthy (not a lot, especially on stall/balanced teams, can 2HKO this Porygon2). Download is excellent considering how physically based the metagame is. It can come in on Scizor, Forretress, most Ferrothorn, Gliscor, Skarmory and others to get the Special Attack boost and start firing off attacks.

385.png

Jirachi @ Choice Specs
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SAtk / 48 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Doom Desire
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick

Specs Jirachi isn't even listed in the Black White analysis, despite it being listed in the DPP one. It was one of the last sets added to the anaysis before Black/White came along and occupied all of our time, and it never really got the love it deserved. Specs Doom Desire pretty much OHKOs almost everything that doesn't resist it (bar the special walls like Blissey) and can 2KO **** like Ninetales and Politoed with Stealth Rock. Doom Desire has been buffed to 140 BP this generation, and no longer has an 85% (iirc) hit rate. The idea is to use Doom Desire as they bring in a counter to Jirachi, (say Heatran), then you bring in a pokemon that counters Heatran (like say, Terrakion) and now your opponent has to switch into something that beat beat a Terrakion that could attack, set up a Sub, set up a Swords Dance, or set up a Rock Polish, AND tank a Specs Doom Desire which is hitting pretty damn hard. (Hint, Scizor, Skarmory and Gliscor are all 2KOed by Specs Doom Desire so they cannot really switch in :) ). In a similar example Hurricane Volcarona has next to no counters if Doom Desire is in the air as Terrakion and Landorus all get smashed by Doom Desire, while Dragonite gets its MultiScale broken (and if Stealth Rock is up then its utterly wrecked), the damage enough for Hurricane to KO.

385.png

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch / U-turn / Energy Ball / Stealth Rock

As Scarf Jirachi is starting to pick up speed and finally get the recognition it deserves, this Jirachi has been quite fun for me. Jirachi is the perfect Pokemon to start with- there are definitely elements to a team that help him out, like Spikes, weakening Heatran, paralysis support, but at the same time he's a great team player and lures out counters for other dangerous Pokemon, like Lucario, Salamence, Reuniclus and the like. This set is unexpected, by beyond its unexpectedness, actually good on its own merit, and Jirachi is blessed with the versatility to be easily altered to best fit our needs (as evidenced by the hefty slashing done in the 4th slot). He can really be tailored to fit the team, or the team can be tailored to fit him, and he gives us a very definitive way to begin a team in my opinion.

With these sets being added to the OP, have fun you guys thinking of more creative sets :D

Jirachi @ Air Balloon
Jolly
Serene Grace
252 HP/80 Atk/176 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Wish/Body Slam
- U-turn

This thing makes an amazing lead. Due to his naturally high Speed, it can set up Stealth Rock on a number of common things. On this turn they will likely bring in a specially defensive Jirachi counter. Obviously, you aren't running a specially defensive spread, but you can then U-turn out of the Jirachi counter and bring in an appropriate response. Later on it can come in to set up Stealth Rock again (if it was Spun away), Wish to restore some health of another team member, or just annoy the opponent to hell. I use this set on a few of my teams, and it certainly does not disappoint.

Soperman

The One and Only
This is a set my friend used once:
Marshtomp @ Eviolite
252 Hp/ 128 Def/ 128 Sp. Def
Bold
Torrent
-Toxic
-Yawn
-Scald
-Mud Bomb/Protect
Tbh, it's kind of gimmicky, but it works surprisingly well. With it's only weakness being Grass, it can take most hits and cripple sweepers easily. Works surprisingly well.

This is a set my friend used once:
Marshtomp @ Eviolite
252 Hp/ 128 Def/ 128 Sp. Def
Bold
Torrent
-Toxic
-Yawn
-Scald
-Mud Bomb/Protect
Tbh, it's kind of gimmicky, but it works surprisingly well. With it's only weakness being Grass, it can take most hits and cripple sweepers easily. Works surprisingly well.

Bulky Swampert can be a pain for some of my teams, so i can imagine how this set would be hard to beat. I would give it ice beam instead of mud bomb, if rocks are set up they might be good for taking out some dragon types.

Vandslaux

I was looking at Scizor's movepool one day, and I saw he gets Morning Sun. And I started thinking.. what about a bulky SD set in Sun, as stupid as it sounds?

Scizor @ Leftovers
Careful
252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD
Technician
Morning Sun
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite

Would've put Baton Pass on the last slot, but since Morning Sun is an XD move for Scyther, it's illegal.

TrollFreak

I was looking at Scizor's movepool one day, and I saw he gets Morning Sun. And I started thinking.. what about a bulky SD set in Sun, as stupid as it sounds?

Scizor @ Leftovers
Careful
252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD
Technician
Morning Sun
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite

Would've put Baton Pass on the last slot, but since Morning Sun is an XD move for Scyther, it's illegal.

This would be cool, if Scizor didn't Roost, as I like reliablility > bigger rewards (in Rain and Sand, 2 common OU weathers, it only heals 25%, while Roost is always 50%, so I would use Roost > Morning Sun, but it isn't than bad of an idea)

Palkia98

View attachment 3852
Torterra (M) @ leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252hp/ 132 atk/ 252 def
Impish (+ def -sp. atk)
~ Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Wood Hammer
~Leech Seed

Leftovers+leech seed to recover wood hammers recoil and keep it in longer, and keep it attacking. Quake-Edge for STAB with earthquake and stone edge for flying types and ice types, wood hammer for a strong reliable STAB and the nature and EV's just to make it bulky and a defensive powerhouse. basically a spin-off of a physical tank.

I've used this set for a while now and it never fails to at least take down 1 or 2 pokes, in trick room due to torterra's low speed it's even better.

View attachment 3852
Torterra (M) @ leftovers
Impish (+ def -sp. atk)
~ Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Wood Hammer
~Leech Seed

Leftovers+leech seed to recover wood hammers recoil and keep it in longer, and keep it attacking. Quake-Edge for STAB with earthquake and stone edge for flying types and ice types, wood hammer for a strong reliable STAB and the nature and EV's just to make it bulky and a defensive powerhouse. basically a spin-off of a physical tank.

I've used this set for a while now and it never fails to at least take down 1 or 2 pokes, in trick room due to torterra's low speed it's even better.

Trick Room can really give an advantage to this pokemon, but ice beam really spells doom for it.

Vandslaux

252/132/252 is an illegal EV spread.

TrollFreak

View attachment 3852
Torterra (M) @ leftovers
Impish (+ def -sp. atk)
~ Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Wood Hammer
~Leech Seed

k, idk what you were doing with those EVs, and this is basically the tank set with Stone Edge

This might not be the most creative, but I think its fun to use if you want to 6+ Attk on any pokemon.

Smeargle@Sitrus Berry

- Spore
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

yea, its like Smash Pass, just with Belly Drum