• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

creative yet useful move sets

what are some of you fovorite or unique pokemon move sets that are also useful. blastios with icy wind, toxic, protect and aqua ring i found to be vary useful.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Ampharos with: Focus Blast, Thunder, Signal Beam, Power Gem, although most of Smogons sets try to give him Hidden Power, I really don't feel like breeding and find it pointless so I just go with this and it's actually quite a good set

TogeticTheRuler

FEAR rattata? How is that creative and useful at all.

Hidden Power? Just abuse RGN or get shoddy

Lord Scalgon

What title?
FEAR rattata? How is that creative and useful at all.

Hidden Power? Just abuse RGN or get shoddy

Whoever thought about FEAR Rattata's got to be creative in some way, and even today, there's people who happen to use it...but then again, that's just me. It can take out almost every Pokemon, assuming that Pokemon is either not a ghost-type or is not holding Leftovers.

TogeticTheRuler

Whoever thought about FEAR Rattata's got to be creative in some way, and even today, there's people who happen to use it...but then again, that's just me. It can take out almost every Pokemon, assuming that Pokemon is either not a ghost-type or is not holding Leftovers.

Only idiots actually get hit by it

Ampy

Light The Stars
Are you kidding me? Rattatta is horrible, so is Raticate, easily outclassed by Furret, Linoone, and Bibarel

Devout

Nincada Trainer
Exeggcute: Sleep Powder, Sunday Day, Explosion, Dream Eater

Umbreon: Toxic, Protect, Substitute, Wish

My lovely.

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
Umbreon: Toxic, Protect, Substitute, Wish

My lovely.

Umbreon are win. ;D Speaking of Umbreon, here's a set a friend showed me for it that's incredibly useful.

-Mean Look
-Yawn
-Substitute
-Baton Pass

Very tricky, but if you use the moves in that exact order you can set up a sweeper easily. Try fighting an SD Lucario who got 3 SDs behind a substitute while your pokés asleep. Not so fun. :p

Medif

Reptile Poké Trainer
Kecleon with Skill Swap, Psybeam, Faint Attack, and Brick Break.
(Use Skill Swap first to give the opponent Kecleon's Color Change, then alternate Psybeam, Faint Attack, and Brick Break to ensure super-effective hits every time.)

TogeticTheRuler

None of these are useful at all, why waste turns using crappy powered moves when you can just do 3 turns of an actual attack from an actual pokemon, like a Salamence with outrage

@lord scalgon:

actually in doubles its a awsome support if you've ever played VGC. im regional champ in doubles so i think i know my stuff pritty well thanx

Medif

Reptile Poké Trainer
None of these are useful at all, why waste turns using crappy powered moves when you can just do 3 turns of an actual attack from an actual pokemon, like a Salamence with outrage

Define "actual pokemon." I appreciate strategy just as much as the straight offensive.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
I once hacked a Wobbuffet with:
Leech Seed
Recover
Metal Burst
Aqua Ring
@Leftovers

And a Wondertomb with:
Mind Reader
Sheer Cold
Toxic
Will-O-Wisp
@ Lum Berry

Toxic quickly drains an opponent's HP, and Will-O-Wisp is for the Steel type opponents with Sturdy. The only Pokemon who stands a chance is Rampardos with Mold Breaker, or Heatran with Focus Sash and Fire Fang.

Slaking with Rock Head:
Wood Hammer
Flare Blitz
Double Edge
Head Smash
@Life Orb
Destroys everything with neutral type coverage

Regigigas with Pure Power:
Extremespeed
Explosion
Earthquake
Ice Punch
@Muscle Band/Leftovers

Rampardos with Speed Boost:
Protect
Swords Dance
Head Smash
Earthquake
@Focus Sash
Ultimate Hax

I don't actually use these Pokemon, but it's fun to experiment with in the Battle Frontier. I've got a very elaborate team of legitimate Pokemon that I EV trained that I don't feel like pulling out my DS to document.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I'd say my lucario. It knows blaze kick, crunch, sky uppercut, and bullet punch. Blaze kick can get a surprise kill on scizor, and sky uppercut works if you're against a bounce gyrados.