• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Creepiest Things in Pokemon

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Lavender Town is the most nostalgic creepy-thing in Pokemon, but as I started at Gen IV-Game Wise, I've never been in it's creepy version. (Just the HGSS one.)

However, this one creeps me out more. It's straight out death.

In Pokemon Black and White, there is a ghost on Marvelous Bridge. A woman tells you that her and her Abra passed on due to an accident on the bridge... So you dismiss it as just that. In the sequel, Cresselia can be found here. The two are linked. In the Strange House, on Reverse Mountain. Entering the different areas... the ghost moves the furniture to block some areas and open others... you encounter it, three times. In the library, downstairs, are some strange books.

Source 1

Top Left – "There is a Pokémon called Cresselia in the far Sinnoh region. Its wings shine like the crescent moon and keep nightmares away."

Bottom Left – "There are Pokémon called Hypno. Each one carries a pendulum that it can swing to make people drowsy. It has been said that a Hypno once hypnotized a child and took it away..."

Top Center – "There is a Pokémon called Darkrai in the far Sinnoh region. To protect itself, it drives people and Pokémon away with terrible nightmares."

Bottom Center – "Some Pokémon know a move called Dream Eater. With this move, a Pokémon attacks while the target is asleep and eats its dream. It restores HP equal to half of the damage inflicted on the target."

Top Right – "There are Pokémon called Drowzee. They put others to sleep
and eat their dreams. Eating nightmares can upset their stomachs."

Bottom Right – "Some Pokémon have the Forewarn Ability. A Pokémon with this Ability is alerted to one of the opposing Pokémon’s moves. High-power moves will be recognized first."

In bold, we see two legendary Pokemon... The Lunar Duo... In D/P/Pt, you can save a boy from nightmares, by going to Fullmoon Island, and you see Cresselia, flying off. It leaves a Lunar Wing, what you use to heal the boy...

Source 2

"Dar... Dark... Is watching me..."

We assume Darkrai is somehow involved in this, if he is meaning Darkrai.

For the Member Card event, you go to that previously locked inn. The caretaker says he's been expecting you. He lets you sleep, you have a Dream/Nightmare, and a voice is heard. Is it Cresselia, or Arceus? Darkrai put itself there to stop spreading nightmares. Or did it?

The innkeeper says he's been expecting you.... Many think he is possessed or a illusion... Does Darkrai know you healed that boy?

Two, seemingly possessed trainers are there. Once the furniture lets you go to the biggest room on the top floor, you see it for the third time.... the ghost... the Lunar Wing is their. You encounter the ghost who encourages you to take the wing... to Marvelous Bridge. Same sprite, she's a Ghost... Abra... we know it's her. She didn't die just because of an accident with the bridge...

Source 3

First Encounter –
"An everlasting dark dream…
An endless dream of darkness…
Dad, Mom, Abra…
Where are you…?"

Second Encounter –
"In the dark dream…
I heard my dad’s voice…
Forget about the Lunar Wing…
Please stay here with me…"

Third Encounter –
"Oh… The Lunar Wing…
I can’t take it now…
But it’ll be OK…
Please return the wing to the Pokémon…
I was waiting on the bridge so I could return it myself…"

Darkrai killed her. It may have been accidental, but why would Darkrai show up anyway? If he killed her on purpose...

It all makes sense... this took place in the past... possibly before D/P/Pt... it explains in-universe why even though it's referenced, it doesn't appear

...Maybe...

...Darkrai placed itself on that island.....

...In regret, and feeling guilty...

...waiting for a trainer...

...who could help it redeem itself.

Pokemon... if the parents properly read this stuff....

I didn't know GF had it in them...

Many dismiss Pokemon as a childish game....

But this is the stuff off nightmares...

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
103.png

Please dont click im begging you

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
This thread again? I've seen ten or more similar ones in the past two years. Anyways, this is creepy:

[img139]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/rb/42.png[/img139]

The Master Chief

Xanz

Luke
Jheez, Eterna mansion scared me

Oh the ghost girl on marvelous bridge. The first i ever saw her disappear it genuinely scared the hell out of me, and im not too easily scared. I knew it would make a good story and was glad she/it was in the strange house in b/w2. The strange house wasnt creepy just inconvenient in my opinion.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
The Strange House itself isn't creepy for me but the ghost of the little girl freaked me out a bit when I first played White 2.

Cutty

Forever now
This thread again? I've seen ten or more similar ones in the past two years. Anyways, this is creepy:

[img139]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/rb/42.png[/img139]

Yeah, lol. Some of old Gen I sprites are.

I'm actually thrilled for the ghost places in the games. I like it, I hope there are more in Gen VI.

HoundoomWolf

In the Old Chateau of d/p/pl not just the music scares me but also the 3 ghosts that haunt it.
The little girl that floats off the ground creeps me out the most, when you walk in this one room it will sometimes show her leaving from the next door room!

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
Does anybody else find Cryoganal creepy? Maybe it's just me, but those eyes are creepy!

lol...I call it the "grumpy snowflake" myself

anyway...Beheeyem with memory manipuation and Hypno have always, always been creepy to me...as are most creepy pasta's

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I always thought the Pokemon Mansion in Cinnabar Island was always a little creepy. It wasn't like full out scary to me it just had that creepy vibe..

The Daylight Assassin

Come at me Bro
The Sinjoh ruins in HGSS. When they play that crazy cutscene and a Dialga/Palkia/Giratina egg comes down scares the hell outta me.

Last edited:

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
People have mentioned Lavender Town, but I'd like to personally point out the Ghost at the top of the tower. When I first played the games, it took me weeks to figure out how to get past that part, mainly because I was too terrified to go back and face her again, even after getting the Silph Scope.

I've also always found everyone's favorite glitch downright horrifying. I was in Elementary School when Red and Blue first came out, and the wild imaginations of children lead to many rumors on its origin. I've heard people say that Missingno. could consume all of your Pokemon, that it came about from a ghost trapped within thew game, and even that it could take over your Gameboy and begin to corrupt things in real life. Ah, memories.

All the best creepy rumors went around my school. My favorite, actually, was the one where, if you managed to bypass the S.S. Anne and come back to it after the credits, then the ship would take off with you still on it. Then, Team Rocket would crash it, and it would begin to sink, causing power failures. It would turn pitch black, and you'd have to use Flash to see, but the Flash would wear off after a few seconds, so you'd have to keep applying it. If you went to the ship's bottom after this, you could find a Mew, but if you didn't escape the ship before it sank too much, your character would drown and your entire game would become useless. Whenever you'd start it up, you'd just get a screen showing the ocean floor and the crashed ship.

^ More like a children's Creepypasta than anything, but I thought it was worth pointing out, since as a kid I always found this rumor horrific.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Any soul stealing pokémon. Nuff said

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The ghost on Route 217 kinda gives me the heebies. Also, I don't think the Distortion World gets enough credit. It's pretty freaky. A desolate, parallel dimension with constantly shifting features floating in a dark, cloudy soup with twisted physics (such as surfing up (or would it be down?) a waterfall that pours upward), and only one inhabitant which is a huge, primordial, ghostly serpent that can control antimatter. Plus, the whole place is connected to an ancient cemetery. And then there's the music, which can sound kinda creepy (although I actually find it to be quite soothing, myself).

All the best creepy rumors went around my school. My favorite, actually, was the one where, if you managed to bypass the S.S. Anne and come back to it after the credits, then the ship would take off with you still on it. Then, Team Rocket would crash it, and it would begin to sink, causing power failures. It would turn pitch black, and you'd have to use Flash to see, but the Flash would wear off after a few seconds, so you'd have to keep applying it. If you went to the ship's bottom after this, you could find a Mew, but if you didn't escape the ship before it sank too much, your character would drown and your entire game would become useless. Whenever you'd start it up, you'd just get a screen showing the ocean floor and the crashed ship.

In a similar vein, I always thought that you could fall off of the roof of the Tin Tower and die.

(Okay, so maybe not so similar.)