• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Creepy Music

Scarier Music

• Total voters
Lavender Town in Johto... lol of course the old Chateau, well the music doesn't give me chills but seeing the ghosts actually do...>_<

Doodlebug

war flashbacks
Dang...that's hard ;P
ive never played a game with lavender town but i heard the music......and Old Chateau has ghosts O__o
actually.......OLD CHATEAU
it sounds like a DEATH CAVERN IN THERE O+O

Poliwhirl'sMittens

Lorelei's Apprentice
In my opinion, the Lavender Town theme isn't even scary. However it is one of my favorite themes because I like the melody and it's catchy. It actually soothes me..
Can't say the Old Chataeu is all that scary either since the only thing scary about it was the mansion and ghosts themselves..

Skytorn

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ вuttєrflч!
Old Chateau was the scariest place I've ever been in any game (and I've played Amnesia). The only reason I actually go in there is so I can get Rotom and the items.

Yeah, Lavender Town's music is very creepy, but I've imagined LT as more of a sad place (Poor Cubone) than scary.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
Lavender Town. Have you seen the original music file's frequency? I never knew such a message was hidden in there.

HueYol

Trainer Plz
I grew up with FireRed, and I'm pretty sure they've edited the FireRed music from the original Red music, due to its overall creepiness. But, I did find (supposedly) original samples of the Japanese Pokemon Red game music, and it was somewhat chilling. However, it's mostly Lavender Town's background that makes the music scary. The whole dead mother Marowak, the possessed Challeners, the only place known for laying Pokemon to rest makes it especially scary.

However, when I was playing through Pearl for the first time, I went into the Old Cherau and it was what I could truly call scary. The picture that would stare at you when you had your back to it, but would stop when you looked, the whole little girl ghost thing, and the truly scary music made the Old Cheatau win this one.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
Lavander town's theme was quite eerie but I personally find the Old Chateau theme much more scarier.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Definately Lavender Town! The Old Chateau isn't scary or unsettling at all, in fact it's rather calming I think.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Man I like em both!
The fact that Mt. Pyre has the cave theme, and the cave theme itself always gave me a few chills...

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
Neither of them are really creepy to me. Actually, I think the only song I'd consider slightly creepy would be Arceus battle theme and even that's just at the start then it gets awesome. And Lavander Town's theme is kinda relaxing.

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
Lavender Town no doubt. The atmosphere of the place is a lot scarier to me than the Old Chateau.