• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cresselia was robbed.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
;488;

She deserved to co-star in M10 alongside Darkrai. Her Anime appearance was pretty meh and unimpactful.

As a Pokemon who is supposed to be the counterpart to Darkrai, it feels weird that the writers decided to totally neglect her.

Darkrai gets random appearances in every gen since I believe it is pretty popular {rightfully so, it's a good Poke}. Cresselia however, deserves some love too. They are the Lunar Duo after all.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Isn't the "Lunar duo" just a fan term? I don't think Gamefreak really considers their relationship as important

Leonhart

Imagineer
Creselia isn't exactly an amazing species of Pokemon from my viewpoint. She's pretty to look at, but she essentially exists as the antidote to Darkrai and that's it. As for why she wasn't in the Darkrai movie, perhaps it was due to Dialga and Palkia taking up so much space.

Halolady

walking on eggshells
I agree that Cresselia could've used more screentime. Considering how little lore she got in the games compared to the other legends, the anime would've been the perfect opportunity for them to flesh her out more. Personally, I thought the Darkrai movie was the perfect time for Cresselia to be showcased due to the part the lunar wing played in it. But eh, as Leonhart said, the movie was more focused on Dialga vs. Palkia and Darkrai and Ash & co. trying to stop them, so focusing on Cresselia out of the blue probably would've detracted from that.

Creselia isn't exactly an amazing species of Pokemon from my viewpoint. She's pretty to look at, but she essentially exists as the antidote to Darkrai and that's it. As for why she wasn't in the Darkrai movie, perhaps it was due to Dialga and Palkia taking up so much space.
You mean...taking up so much time and space. Pffffffft I'll show myself out now (still kinda true tho)

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi

I remembered people complained that there's too many legendaries in Gen 4, so it's kinda hard to give proper spotlights to all of them?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
For the anime, maybe, but game wise Darkrai got robbed. It's basically the only duo where half is Mythical (i.e. event only) and half is Legendary. By giving Darkrai more appearances in the anime, they're attempting to equalize its treatment.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I remembered people complained that there's too many legendaries in Gen 4, so it's kinda hard to give proper spotlights to all of them?

That's probably it, which could also explain why the Lake Guardians weren't featured in any of the Shinou movies either just as Creselia was neglected.