• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cresselia's Midsummer Night's Light! (1164)

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure

LazySpy

Kimty
What was the point of all that subplot with Darkrai trying to recruit help in the previous episode via nightmares if it could handle everything by itself (including healing Cresselia by clearing away the clouds to reveal the Full Moon)?
Wait a minute, Darkrai was recruiting help?
By forcing people to suffer nightmares which made them frustrated and sleepless and not making any effort to amend for it, said nightmares having nothing about them that would've even as much as implied he needs anything, not making his presence purposefully known (Officer Jenny in previous episode didn't link the nightmares with him and I presume she isn't the only one?) and mysteriously vanishing whenever someone saw him, he wanted to get help in treating a Pokemon he could have healed himself?

Is this true? Because this sounds bad.
*Very* bad.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Wait a minute, Darkrai was recruiting help?
By forcing people to suffer nightmares which made them frustrated and sleepless and not making any effort to amend for it, said nightmares having nothing that would've even as much as implied he needs anything, not making his presence purposefully known (Officer Jenny in previous episode didn't link the nightmares with him and I presume she isn't the only one?) and mysteriously vanishing whenever someone saw him, he wanted to get help in treating a Pokemon he could have healed himself?

Is this true? Because this sounds bad.
*Very* bad.
Apparently, giving people nightmares was the only way it knew how to communicate, which it finally did by giving the girls the right nightmare, which further implies it can't control the type of nightmares.

See, talking to a Rattata is pretty hard in Pokemon society.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Apparently, giving people nightmares was the only way it knew how to communicate, which it finally did by giving the girls the right nightmare, which further implies it can't control the type of nightmares.

See, talking to a Rattata is pretty hard in Pokemon society.
If only there were some sort of Pokemon that could bridge that communication gap, some sort of Pokemon that could walk and talk in exchange for essentially giving up every other move...too bad there's not a single Pokemon like that.

LazySpy

Kimty
If only there were some sort of Pokemon that could bridge that communication gap, some sort of Pokemon that could walk and talk in exchange for essentially giving up every other move...too bad there's not a single Pokemon like that.
To be fair I don't think this Darkrai knew about Meowth (...?) (And I haven't seen the episode yet never watch w/o subs)

Jiranaphy

Okay, time for a small review.

As a Hikari fan that episode was really something i enjoyed. I was skeptical on how they'd build her relationship with Koharu but it was very well done, and so far does a better job at showing a senpai/kouhai dynamic than Satoshi/Goh. Each time Koharu talked about her worries, Hikari tried to reassure her and explain to her that it's okay to take your time to search for your dream. She also showed that she can now take care of her own mons as Takeshi taught her (nice Togekiss cameo too). That little contest bit wasn't what I hoped, but still very amusing nonetheless (got Capsule Ball, Piplup's Whirlpool that I missed a lot in BW, Miyazaki score (I think), and Koharu actually looking interested in contests.)

The Cresselia/Darkrai plot was also well handled, and Hikari mentioned her previous encounter with the both of them. We got both sig moves which was nice, although Lunar Dance looked underwhelming (you'd expect her to actually "dance", not just float and bathe darkrai in moonlight). The pacing wasn't that bad contrary to previous ep with that massive Satoshi/Goh useless stuff, since we got some moments with both of the girls leading to possibly more content in the future (I wouldn't be surprised if from now on Hikari was mentioned or shown more often each time Koharu gets focus).

Well, that's about it for the good points.

Now, what disappointed me was all the past character interactions : Satoshi/Hikari, and Hikari/TRio. Like, really ? The TRio completely ignoring Hikari ? Satoshi and Hikari not high-fiving ? We barely got one Pikachu/Pochama screen but wow, that was seriously below my expectations. Then again that goes with Team Rocket's handling record for this series, pretty bad with rare good moments.

The Matori & Grunts part was completely lame, you'd think she is someone actually competent but she isn't. If you want to put good-for-nothings then as someone pointed out in this thread bring back Butch and Cassidy who are funnier and have better chemistry with our TRio (well, i'd understand if paying Takehito Koyasu to voice Butch has now become too pricey lmao), or make her actually competent. Also props to the wtf moment of everybody getting thrashed by the grunts except the least trained special Eevee landing a Tackle spot on. That was on par with those wtf BW moments.

We didn't see any of Hikari's mons but I pretty much expected that. Togekiss in a flashback was nice but sending in Mamoswine of Quilava against the grunts would've been sweet (well VA issues will probably never make Mamoswine appear again).

In the end, that was a good episode but as always it feels like they're trying to cram in too much and still have issues with pacing. Hikari's character was correctly handled when it came to Koharu but horribly when it came to the others. I hope they correct the weird stuff in future episodes so that we get more of her mons and more contest-related content.

Durrendal

A bit rushed. Disappointed Goh didn't get Darkrai and Cresselia. Story writers putting to much emphasis on side characters and not on mc.

Goh should've been the one to save those two pokemon and catch them. Hikari wasn't impressed enough by Goh. Totally expected her to be super impressed and give her Piplup to him since he's a superior trainer.

Oh no. The only thing I wanted and was expecting a high five between Ash and Dawn, and we didn't even get that... So I guess the trend of "needed one more episode" continues, especially when it comes to prior companions returning, huh... I don't know, I liked the few callbacks we had, but the episode still felt rushed to me. Like Ash and Dawn didn't really interact much... At least not as much as I was hoping they would. Not sure if I particularly enjoyed it.

If Dawn returns again in the future, then that's fine, but I didn't particularly care for this mini arc.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ehhh, not nessecarilly, they can be good people when need'd be besides Darkrai could co-orce them or they could pretend to go along while conducting a plan to capture both him and Cresselia...
I can see many ways this could go.
TRio only ever helps a wild Pokemon when said Pokemon is pathetic enough like they are and feel like they need to be good and help them out before they feel the need to backstab them.

Darkrai is not pathetic in the slightest.

RafaSceptile

I can't believe even in the Dawn episode people still complain about Iris' being a champion off-screen.

Anyways, I'm only dissapointed by not having a high-five between Ash and Dawn, but outside of that, I enjoyed to have Dawn again in the anime for 1.5 episodes.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
How did you get the notion that he was a Giga Chad? Literally only one person glorifies him to that extent, you-know-who. Ash has always been an ugly turd from the boonies. Also just because someone doesn't call him an idiot doesn't mean they don't understand the him, it means they are willing to overlook his dumb personality and love him unconditionally. You don't see delia calling her son an idiot, do you?
Oh it wasn’t just Serena. All of Ash’s friends from Kalos (and often times the XY writers) built him up as some shounen chad & a pinnacle of perfection

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
There's a difference between feeling "off" and feeling like it wasn't focused on enough, it wasn't but what we got was in line with their characters.

Believe me I wanted that high touch more than you can imagine but it's not the end of the world. I think my judgement is effected by the prospect that it's basically garunteed Dawn is coming back so the flaws of the episode that I'd be more bothered by I'm willing to let go for now. Like if they high touch in her next appearance It becomes a non issue in this episode for me. That's just me though

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

That was one of the most dissapointing episodes, I know from the spoilers it said it would be a 10 second last minute reunion between Ash and Dawn. Guess I was hopeful I would be proven wrong. I loved that friendship in DP series so to see it being treated like this makes me sad :(

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
That was one of the most dissapointing episodes, I know from the spoilers it said it would be a 10 second last minute reunion between Ash and Dawn. Guess I was hopeful I would be proven wrong. I loved that friendship in DP series so to see it being treated like this makes me sad :(
Daijoubu!
There's still the winter special. Dawn will likely return and we will be able to see all those moments we desire!