• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cries Face-off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the Cries Face-off!

In any pokémon game, one thing that stayed consistent was the little sound the player would hear when encountering an opposing pokémon. Sometimes they sound nice and serene, like in Pidgey, and sometimes they shound crazy and contorted, as in Registeel. Either way, these sounds act as another identification tool to the player. Just like forum avatars, whenever one sees or hears these things, they instantly think of what goes with it. This face-off is facing off these sounds.

Rules in this face-off are identical to that of the Dark Face-off Version 2. I see little reason in keeping many different lists of rules that get updated frequently, when I can have one that gets used at multiple places.
Voting is once every day. Each round, unless stated otherwise, is first to ten wins. These are--unless otherwise stated...

As it is right now, I do NOT have access to the sound files of the cries. When I do, they will be placed in here to act as my images. Until then, you, yourself, will have to grab a game if you do not know the sounds by heart.

Now then, for simplicity purposes (and while I get the sounds), we shall begin with a nomination round. Multiple nominations are allowed, and use your own personal judgment for how frequently to nominate.

Nominate away!

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Hey, I'm gonna Nomiate*POINTLESS DRUMROLL*
Charizard!

SnoWing

A Hundred Years
Hello! I'll nominate Lairon's cry.

Nominated:
Alakazam
Mewtwo
Registeel
Charizard
LM4
Lairon
Electabuzz
Vaporeon

Keep nominatin'...I apologise for not having been here yesterday, well, I cannot be here 24/7...

AngelLatias

+ L i g h t m a r e
I nominate uhh *grabs here SP and starts playing Emerald and looks throught the pokedex* Milotic and Suicune sound cool...

Nominated:
Alakazam
Mewtwo
Registeel
Charizard
LM4
Lairon
Electabuzz
Vaporeon
Milotic
Suicune

AngelLatias

+ L i g h t m a r e
I don't wanna nominate the rest. Come on somebody before I do! ^^ Articuno (purdy) and Jynx (has like the longest and weirdest cry xD)
Nominated:
Alakazam
Mewtwo
Registeel
Charizard
LM4
Lairon
Electabuzz
Vaporeon
Milotic
Suicune
Sceptile
Articuno
Jynx

matrix_Logic

Nothing of interest.
Nominated:
Alakazam
Mewtwo
Registeel
Charizard
LM4
Lairon
Electabuzz
Vaporeon
Milotic
Suicune
Sceptile
Articuno
Jynx
Magmar
Starmie

Might as well noinate two more, Magmar and Starmie. That makes 15.

AngelLatias

+ L i g h t m a r e
Somebody nominate in the next 20 minutes or I will... :p
Edit: It's been well over 20 minutes. O_O Salamence sounds radical... Can I start off the round?

Nominated:
Alakazam
Mewtwo
Registeel
Charizard
LM4
Lairon
Electabuzz
Vaporeon
Milotic
Suicune
Sceptile