1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Cries

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by ~-Overheat-~, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~-Overheat-~

~-Overheat-~ Black/White!

One thing that has been bugging me ever since Red is that why Pokemon cries sound nothing like them?

Do you think this should be changed and Pokemon's cries should be just like the anime?

2. Will-powered Spriter

Will-powered Spriter Pokédex Complete!

Seeing as the game came first, the anime's cries are the ones that are technically incorrect.

I wouldn't like voiced cries for each one, it would seriously annoy me. Perhaps a revamp of the older ones is in order though.

3. Hejiru

Hejiru Rev up those fryers

I've always thought that would be nice. However, it dosen't appear its going to happen.
    And I think its because back in the first generation the Game Boy wouldn't have been able to do that, so they made little noises instead, and then just stuck with it.

4. jellsprout

jellsprout Well-Known Member

No, I want the animé to be changed and have the Pokémon make animalistic cries as in the games.

Pikachu in Pokémon Yellow.

5. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

No. For one thing, to include the necessary sound files - that's 493+ different sound files, all in a format and at a quality that ensures they won't sound like crap - would take up an ungodly amount of space on whatever storage medium is being used, and that's just a complete waste when the same thing can be accomplished with the synthesized calls that can be created by a small sound design staff and take up a fraction of the space, which leads to the next point...

...which is that it would be a complete waste of the necessary budgetary resources to pay a cast of actors to voice those 493+ different critters when, again, you can accomplish the same thing for a fraction of the time, space and money. And worse still, in doing such a thing, you then pass on that unnecessary cost to all the different localization teams around the world, who are forced to either pay their own voice casts to redo some or all of those 493+ voices to match the localized Pokémon names in those regions, or pay royalties to the original voice cast. Either way, you've now added a fairly significant and completely unnecessary cost not only to the original development, but to the localization as well.

In short, there's absolutely no reason they'd do this nor should they. Leave the name-shouting to the anime; there's nothing wrong with the game Pokémon cries.

I'm sure you're aware, but many of them do in the anime, particularly where appropriate, like Gyarados, Onix and Steelix.

Yes, and the sound quality made the digitized voice samples barely worth the trouble.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  6. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I thought about it, but I don't think the technology would be able to support that kind of thing, do you?

7. KGB13

KGB13 Man of Mystery

I prefer the anime cries to the game ones and wished they would change them to sound more like the anime ones. Maybe in the future they'll do it.

8. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

I think that the cries should not be like in the anime.

Because in the anime it's different in the English & the Japanese. (most of them)

So I'd prefer that the cries should stay like they are.

9. AranaTheRhinosaur

AranaTheRhinosaur あなたの心で..

I don't want the pokemon saying their names like in the anime cos that's weird, but an upgrade of all the old pokemon cries would be nice. Hearing something like Lopunny or Kriketune then listening to Gyarados, the old cries just sound really odd in comparison.

10. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Seeing as the games came first they should change the anime cries if any.

11. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.