• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Criminal Intent: A Villainous Organization One-Shot Contest

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
What's the status here? Any more submissions?

Aaah I'm worried because mine will be INCREDIBLY obvious.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Unless there's been something sent very recently and/or Dragonfree hasn't uploaded newer entries, we're sitting on... three. Please get your entries in people, there's only a few days left!

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Sorry, but I don't think I'll be entering this one. I have two exams and a quiz this week which have been consuming my time, and I HAVE been trying to write a one-shot, but there are parts that I just feel I can't piece together :/ I'd want to join, especially to add to the number of contestants, but I just can't make it right now.

AmericanPi

Write on
Unless there's been something sent very recently and/or Dragonfree hasn't uploaded newer entries, we're sitting on... three. Please get your entries in people, there's only a few days left!

Bummer, I wonder what's causing this low number of entries. Maybe it's the time frame, but considering everyone had half the summer (at least in the U.S.) to put together their entries... I dunno.

At least I'll place higher than 7th this time

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
It's been kinda slow for me, partly due to the nature of the entry I'm trying to write, but I'm on it. Slowly. Some assembly and post-editing with crappy CGI to make the scenes fit still required.

(Heck, today or tomorrow would be the second day this month I get some betareading on it...)

(...I really need to fix my way of getting betareads)

(...Hmmm... I wonder how all this thinking sounds with the voice of Morgan Freeman)

Bummer, I wonder what's causing this low number of entries.
No idea. My best guess is as usual Real Life has reared up its ugly head for some people and they have been hit by things a bit difficult to plan around, but I feel like, in that case, they would have let us know; some have, but I mean, like, "more" (ditto with the entries...). Or perhaps people are afraid of derailing beloved villains too much, because it's different than "derailing" a PC who is basically a blank slate person with a hat that designates him/her as Saviour. Or maybe it's the winter. I dunno.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Due to multiple illnesses, school work, an additional job, and the complete destruction of my laptop (hard drive committed sudoku, lost everything), I, the great The Teller, sadly, will not be able to submit an entry this time around. Sorry guys! I know, on my end, I had the idea in my head, but I just COULD NOT get it onto paper (monitor, whatever), and every time I opened the document, I just felt all the creativity and will to write leave the room (this, on top of all the other stuff I just mentioned). Hopefully, things will settle down for me by December and I can write up my Yuletide prompt. So that's my excuse. Maybe it was others' as well? It's really weird that no one submitted anything this time around, though. We all had 2 months, it wasn't NaNoWriMo time, nor midterms or finals week. Maybe everybody wanted to write another "Meowth's Giovanni Daydreams" segment but figured everybody else was doing the same thing as well? That's my best and most reasonable and logical theory.

Matori

THE QUEEN IS BACK
I'm finishing mine so you guys should get it by Wednesday, it's just been rough getting words on the page.

ASCIInerd73

User of the Internet
I'll hopefully be able to finish mine by Wednesday, but I won't have time to proofread and the final result will be essentially a rough draft. This is not how I wanted to start on these forums, but things came up and I'll be rushed.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
I'm one of those initial three entrants (and only resubmitted once for something that wasn't even part of the story proper; I might go over my draft one last time and make some final tweaks if necessary today or tomorrow but I'm not sure), but I'm hoping all you guys still intending on entering can make it.

Bummer, I wonder what's causing this low number of entries. Maybe it's the time frame, but considering everyone had half the summer (at least in the U.S.) to put together their entries... I dunno.

At least I'll place higher than 7th this time

First thing... Probably what Solvino said.

Second thing: Don't worry ma'am, I've got the super-low placings reserved for myself. :p

Anyway, those of you who've already entered or are still planning on doing so, you interested in letting the judges share what team you chose so we can see which teams get more represented? Since along with the usual routine of asking who made it in post-deadline I'm gonna be asking which team each contestant went with, but worried certain people don't want their Team of choice revealed just yet. Though just in case I may just ask which teams got represented separately without needing who represented them.

Last edited:

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
I've submitted my entry for this contest. Took it long enough. This being a criminal intent contest, I plead the Fifth :p and therefore refuse to reveal the name of the organization whose operations are described in this document.

I've taken some cares so that the entry successfully reaches the judges. Basically I've sent two links and an e-mail. Only because sending a hard print from here is a bit out of my current budget.

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
I'd appreciate a couple extra days on this, if possible.

Matori

THE QUEEN IS BACK
Dragonfree, I just PMed you the google doc! Please enjoy!

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Just sent some final tweaks to mine in about an hour ago. For those of you still crunching away you've got this much time left, so hurry!

Dragonfree

Just me
Or a bit more; we seem to be reaching a consensus to extend by an additional day or two for those still working on wrapping up their entries. This will be the absolute last extension, though, so make it count!

ASCIInerd73

User of the Internet
Is it OK if I am late by a few hours? I have a few last minute changes (and, by this, I mean half the plot) and can't finish it in only a few minutes.

Oh dear. I didn't realize 11:59 UTC is 6:59 my time, so it doesn't look like I'll have time to finish mine. I'll be finishing mine regardless, so if the deadline happens to get extended by a few hours, I should still be able to submit it. I won't expect anything, though, since you guys have already extended it once, and doing it for one more entry would probably be a bit much. Good luck to everyone who got theirs in on time! Maybe I'll budget my time more responsibly next year. ^^;

EDIT: And apparently my wish had already come true and I didn't realize it! Thanks to the judges for the extra extension! Hopefully I'll get this thing done within the next few hours. *cracks knuckles*

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Just me
Is it OK if I am late by a few hours? I have a few last minute changes (and, by this, I mean half the plot) and can't finish it in only a few minutes.
Yeah; like I just said, we're extending by a day or two so that you guys who are still working on it can get your entries wrapped up properly. As I count it, it's pretty much you, Negrek, and then solovino has submitted but wanted to add one more scene. Let's say 48 hours; that should give you time to give it some polish. Good luck!

EDIT: Oh, wow, [Imaginative]:[Clockwork] too! This extension is sounding better and better. Make sure you all get your entries in for the new deadline!