• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crimson Skies and Forgotten Ties

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Ok, let's try this again

Crimson Skies and Forgotten Ties
RPG By the RPGer with[out] rabies: Killer Squirtle and The Good Witch: Kiruria
Game rated: 14A due to scenes of violence and mature subject matter

Rules: Obey these, or let Mongooses eat your computer!
1.All standard Serebii forum rules apply
2.NO godmodding etc
3.Keep bunnying to a minimal
4.Enforcement and punishment of all rules is solely up to me
5.No arguing with the GM (Me) and Co-GM (Kiruria)
6.Standards for this RPG are VERY high, so please don’t half-do this
7.Unexcused prolonged absence will result in a ban/strike
8.3 strikes and you are out… PERMANENTLY
9.No sheep allowed
10.Not really a rule, but if you have any questions, please, don’t be afraid to ask me or any other experienced rpers

Backstory

You’ve have all heard of the stories that say Clefairies came from the moon, have you not? Well, what if I told you, that was more or less the case for all pocket monsters.

Pokemon, hundreds of thousands of years ago, had a home world, all to themselves. The common pokemon lived peaceful with both each other and the ones we know, today, as gods. They were unified as an entire planet, though they had many separately governed countries. They were technologically advanced; even by our modern standards. Everything was as close to perfect as they come.

Until the day the skies turned red.

An alien race, simply known as the Shadows, invaded. They came by riding on asteroids that harmlessly crashed on the surface of the planet. They quickly took control over most of the planet—it was not a violent take-over either.

The Shadows are a species that lack a truly solid body. They resemble smoke more than a truly living thing. They’re a symbiotic species; they entered the bodies of Pokemon and corrupted their souls.

When Arceus finally gave up hope for rescuing their planet from the clutches of the Shadows, and gave the call for a full-planet evacuation. Palkia and Dialga searched the galaxies to find a planet capable of sustaining the remaining population. All the twin gods found was a planet already inhabited by a strange species called Humans.

After hearing the poor creatures’ pleas for sanctuary, the early humans agreed to share their planet with the homeless monsters. The gods gathered their remaining followers and Lady Palkia strained herself to transport them to the far-off planet Earth.

Still, to this day, no one knew why the Shadows wanted to takeover the Pokemon home world so badly when there was an uninhabited, but sustainable planet in the same system.

The pocket monsters decided not to question what they barely escaped from, and take their new home as a blessing. But they quickly realize what sacrifices they would have to make for their new homeland.

Arceus looked through the Human’s history and saw that though they usually have good intentions, in action they have shown that they’re not the best at sharing. Arceus knew that having two sentient species on one world would only lead to more war. They had one very costly decision to make in order to protect both themselves and the humans that had put them up out of the kindness of their hearts.

Everywhere, Pokemon began to approach the humans; each saying the same thing.

“We Pokemon will be ready to help humans always. But, if you bare your sword to bring harm upon us, with claws and fangs, we will exact a toll. From your kind we will take our toll, for it must be done to guard ourselves, and for it, I apologize.”

To that, the humans replied:
“Why, oh creature from the stars, do you tell us this? You speak as though we will never communicate again.”

With that, the Pokemon said nothing. They turned their heads and went into the tall grass and lakes. Never to be heard speaking a language that could be understood by humans again. Pokemon never revealed the secret to their advanced technology, for fear that it was the reason the Shadows invaded in the first place. To spare their new comrades their fate, they took on the roles of simple animals.

Over the years, humans simply forgot how intelligent the Pokemon originally were, but they never forgot all the wonderful stories they told of life on their old world. Eventually, they adopted their tales as their own mythology and their gods as their own. This only strengthened the bond the two species shared.

But Pokemon still had concerns that they would be needed as more than just the beasts of the land. An organization was created in secret by pokemon who swore to always remain wild. They used the technology they saved from their home world and used it to create hidden bases and even cities disguised as impassable mountain ranges or in the deepest recesses of lakes and oceans.

They called themselves Arceus’ Defence Force, or ADF for short. In short, their job was to protect Earth from any and all internal or external threats that the humans couldn’t handle, but kept it in secret. Recently though, they’ve been concerned with a great threat coming from the humans themselves; Shadow Pokemon. Humans somehow got their hands on samples of the Shadows and infected certain pokemon with them. True, it made them strong, but they lost their humanity in exchange. The ADF made it their top priority to create a Shadow “Vaccine”. They created a process in which Shadows could be expelled from living beings if they’ve been hit with a new attack they’ve developed called “Purge”. [Type: Always STAB. Category: Status/Special. Attack: -- Accuracy: 40] The last word was that all Pokemon had built up an immunity since the move’s development, but since the tale of the invasion was passed on generation to generation, many are still vigilant in guarding against the Shadows… For the Humans’ sake.

Plot:

Another perfect day in Lilycove; sun was shining, Wingulls lazily glided on the thermals and Wailmers frolicked in the bay. Gyms and contest halls were closed and trainers all over the world were taking the day off. A meteor shower was expected later that night and everyone was in anticipation. Even wild pokemon appeared to be getting into the perfect spot to watch the great event.

A 13 year old trainer with a Pikachu perched on his shoulder reclined on the beach. Still afternoon, but the stars were already falling, but only visible in a different time zone. Unova was already watching the spectacle, and he boy couldn’t help but feel a bit cheated since he just came from Unova to compete in the Hoenn Frontier.

Pikachu’s ears perked up and the thunder mouse jumped off the boy’s shoulder. It sparked electricity from its cheeks as it stared into the distant sky. The boy looked into that direction too, but saw nothing. All of a sudden, red spilled into the clear blue sky coming towards them. It wasn’t like the orange-red of sunset, but more like the crimson of blood. An object streamed across the sky, straight at the young trainer. His partner acted quickly and used its Iron Tail to knock the meteor from striking the boy.

“Thanks Pikachu! What is that?” the boy said as he approached the smoldering rock. The Pikachu began tugging at his pant leg, begging him not to go close. All of a sudden, black smoke-like energy poured from the rock. The electric mouse flinched, expecting to be engulfed by the excreted beings. But he wasn’t. His partner was. The trainer’s eye, usually so bright and full of optimism, were now dark red and filled with nothing but contempt. He grabbed the Pikachu by the ear.

“It took us a long time to find you once again, Pocket Monster.” He chuckled darkly.

“Piiikaa [But… You have our homeworld! What else do you want?!]” Pikachu squeaked in pain as the boy’s grip increased.

“Did you really think beings such as the Shadows would have requirement of simple territory?!” He threw the electric mouse further up the beach and shouted after him “Go to your masters! Give them fair warning that the Shadows have come!”
The scene pauses as a Mienfoo clicked on the remote in her hand.

“Mieien Fuu [Scenes like this have appeared all over the planet, captain.]” she spoke with great concern.

An Alakazam slumped over the table that projected the scene as a hologram. He thought out his plan carefully.

“Alazam kazam [Alert the high council-- If I’m right, our time as simple-minded beasts is drawing to a close.]”

[4 hours later]

“Attention all ADF members: After delegations between both the High Council and the Hall of Origin Assembly, emergency protocol Omega has been authorized. The following changes have been put into effect;

“Firstly; In order to ensure the safety of both humans and Pokemon, the Language Barrier Curse has been terminated. Fully expect any humans you come in contact with to react erratically to any communications.

“Secondly, the Four Move Set Limiter has been eradicated in order to ensure full battle efficiency.

“Lastly, all AFD members must learn Purge and all ADF bases must be accessible to humans. That is all.”

Speakers echoed this message through every ADF base and communicator. Several dozen humans had already been rescued before they became exposed to the Shadows, but there have been some strange cases. Certain humans that already had been possessed by a Shadow were trainers. Their pokemon partners became so desperate to get their human back they attempted using Purge on them. Not all humans survived this as when the Shadow left their body, it took their soul with them. But some humans had souls hardened enough by their bond with their pokemon, that not only did they survive, but they retained the power given to them by the Shadows.

These strange beings could not be called humans anymore, instead they’re affectionately called Silhouettes, or Sils for short. Sils have special powers, not unlike the abilities of pokemon, but with more variation per person. But they’re not completely trusted by all ADF members. There are most likely to turn into Shadows themselves.

It's only been three days since the meteor shower, and already the world had gone to hell.

~~~~~~~~~~

Decibel
72 hours since Impact
Chartruese City, Kanto Region

Melody's eyes were tense and she strained to keep them from closing. Sweat dripped down her brow and she clenched her teeth. Her heart pounded out of her chest as she stared down the steel pointed in her direction.

"Yowowowowowowch!" Melody sqealed as the Audino doctor drew blood.

"You wimp." Dr Clair said as she rolled her eyes and placed the vial of blood with the other samples. "Next."

Melody got up from the clinic chair and began rubbing the cotton patch over the puncture from the needle. She still didn't know why they needed blood samples from every Silhouette, but she knew that she hated needles.

In fact; she didn't know much of anything anymore! Sure she could always understand her pokemon, but that was because she was a child of the forest-Every region had one each generation. But now, pokemon were speaking plain english AND it turns out they had entire cities hidden in plain sight! Now they're being invaded by aliens and she was pocess by them!

"I need a coffee..." Melody complained. She had been running rampant for the past three days.

"C'mon, let's go to Starmiebucks." Melody turned to see her partner flying up next to her. CD was waiting for Mel outside of Dr Clair's office. Mel looked around and saw maybe another dozen people with black stars somewhere on their body, each waiting to get blood drawn.

"Yeah, Starmiebucks sounds good." Melody said as CD hovered over her shoulder as they walked out of the clinic into the busy streets of Chartruese City. Pokemon Soldiers carried weapons as they patroled the cloaked city, yet life continued on in the city and a cup of coffee was easy to find. They walked across the street to a walk-thru coffee shop.

"Hi, welcome to Starmiebucks, what can I get for you?" a Cincinno said as she opened the window.

"One large mocha with an extra shot, please." Melody ordered.

"A small electro-latte please." CD chirped. The Cincinno served up the hot drinks and shut the door before Mel had a chance to pay. "We don't have to pay, ADF orders that we're supplied free necessities and commodities. A little bonus for getting alien pocessed for like two minutes."

"..." Melody gave a hard look into her coffee.

"Sorry..." CD mumured as she sipped her static-charged drink. It was an akward silence between the two friends. It was a tense time for many trainers since they became silhouettes. Their teams seperated, their lives forever changed.

"Attention all Gamma secture agents, report to ADF Building D for briefing" a voice called over the intercom.

Melody broke the silence with a content chuckle. "Finally, something interesting."

[Somewhere in Ilex Forest]

A female Raichu climbed onto a high branch. She stared out onto her audience. A crowd of both pure-wild and Pokemon that had lost their trainers in the invasion awaited her speech.

“My friends, we’ve all lost something dear in the past three days; some of us have lost homes, other have lost their strength, while still others have lost friends. The High Council thinks they know what’s best for all of us, while they sit on their high-horses, completely cut-off from the real world!”

The crowd became ravenous, booing at the mention of the High Council. Some Pokemon began shouting their reasons for being here.

“Shadows killed my trainer!”
“A Darkling cut off my arm; now I only have three left!”
“I want my Trainer back! Whaaaaaaa!”

Trika put her paws up to ask for silence. The mob calmed down. “Yes, we’ve all lost something precious. But we can’t just sit by on our haunches and let those Arcees [slang for ADF soldiers] be the only heroes out there!”

Cheers and calls came from the mob. A Charizard in the back let out a roar that sent a Sunflora flying. Trika called for silence once again.

“Millennia ago during the first coming of Shadows, Arceus cut our losses and abandoned our home world, our families and even entire species of Pokemon. Are we going to let that happen with this world too?! Are we going to leave our trainers, our partners, our loved ones, our home behind?!”

“NO!”

“Then I say this; the only way to save this world is to exterminate the Shadows and their Darkling followers!”

But through the cheers, a single tiny voice was heard.

“What about the Silhouettes?” spoke a young Cubone.

“The Silhouettes… The only way to save our trainers is for them to become Silhouettes. Purge any Darkling on sight! It’s the only way to save our human comrades! Now get out there and save the world!”

The crowd scattered, destined for areas around the world. Trika smirked and jumped down from the branch and into the hollowed tree she lived in. She turned to her mirror and brushed her fur.

‘Innocent fools. Purge kills humans if you weren’t bonded to them. Soon the Shadows will be starved out and the humans will be near-extinct. This world will be glorious once those apes are gone.’ She put her brush down and concern swept across her face. ‘Hm, but those Sils are trouble too. No matter, we’ll out number them; they won’t get the chance to claim rule of this world.’

[Vigilantes should start their post in some corner of the world, most likely hunting down Darklings and eating-I mean Purging them. ADF-affiliates should be making their way to the Chartreuse Base and awaiting Digger’s briefing… and maybe punching Blade in the face along the way there. All Sils have to have blood drawn and their physicals done first.]

Last edited:

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Aqua
Outside of Ilex Forest

Aqua stepped out of the forest into the red skies once again. “Then I say this; the only way to save this world is to exterminate the Shadows and their Darkling followers!” Trika's words were clear in the little Oshawott's memory, but this didn't sit well for her.

I'm still weak. How can I take out the Darklings and Shadows? At least humans can hear me speak... She kept walking to Azalea Town. Still, we can't wait for the Arcees to save our trainers if what the Raichu said was true.

Tears started well up in Aqua's eyes, but she shook her head. "I can't be a crybaby now!" She shouted at nobody in particular.

"Oh, but being a crybaby isn't all bad, to watch." A cold voice came from behind Aqua. She didn't even turn to look at it and used Aqua Jet to run to Trika.

After ten seconds Aqua came up to Trika and in a very panicked past voice she said, "There's a Shadow or Darkling outside of the forest and I can't fight it on my own and it might kill me HELLLLLP!"

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
Tybalt
73 Hours since Impact
Nightshade Town, Johto Region- Secondary Dojo

"Master?"

Tybalt opened his eyes and glanced at the Treeko who had disturbed his meditation. Of course, the confident wood gecko Pokemon would be the representative of the string of new pupils taken by the Gallade.

"What is the problem, Holly?"

Holly looked Tybalt in the eye. Even though his band of fresh students had only spent little over a day with their master, the old warrior had taken a liking to the upstart grass-type. She had that quintessential Treeko pride. "How long are we going to stay here?"

"Anxious to get out there and hunt some Darklings, aren't you?" Asked Tybalt as he got up from his cross-legged position. "You expect to defeat something so powerful with such little experience?"

"I am not inexperienced!" Snapped Holly "None of us are!"

Tybalt smiled softly at his student's remark. He placed a hand on her shoulder. "I do not doubt you have had some training, but nowhere near enough to combat such foes."

Holly frowned and crossed her arms. "So what's next? Going to have us wash these screens or something?" She nodded to the rice paper screens in the small dojo. The entire village had not changed in the centuries since Pokemon ninja built it in the mountains surrounding Mahogany Town. The descendants of those ninja- lead by Master Rend the Weavile- accepted out of necessity the master Fencer and a few ratag trainerless recruits.

The discussion between master and student was cut short by a Mienfu rushing into the room, pausing to bow to Tybalt. "Master Rend is calling a meeting."

"Thank you. I shall call up my pupils." Responded the Gallade calmly.

The Mienfu bowed again and left.

"Holly, we will continue this discussion later. Go get the others."

Central Square

Rend sat cross-legged on a raised stage overlooking the group of students. Tybalt sat on one side as an honorary master, to the other was the Mienshao Shi.

The pavillion was silent, the solemn mood enhanced by the dim glow from the paper lanterns. Rend calmly began to speak.

"My children, these last few days have been dark ones indeed. The Shadows, our oldest of foes, have found us at last. But we have gained strength. Master Tybalt has come to us bringing new allies and just as importantly the knowledge of Purge, our only hope in combating this threat. So we shall train harder than ever before. Nightshade has never been found yet, but when it is, we must be ready to defend this land."

The crowd simply nodded in assent.

"Now Master Shi has just returned from her travels and has pressing news."

The Mienshao now spoke up. "Now, students, some of you have heard of a gathering of independent Pokemon headed by a Raichu named Trika. She is calling all Pokemon to fight. But I doubt her intentions as pure as they seem.

Tybalt glanced over the students as Shi continued. His small group of six pupils sat in front directly before their master. The other Pokemon were grouped by rank, with the most experienced in front and the newest recruits in the back. Compared to the rough group of Tybalt's students the regulars were much neater and organized- none of them needed a glare from their master to sit up straight and pay attention.

Shi finished talking and Rend spoke up again. "We shall commence training immediately. Please meet with your master after this meeting is over."

The group stood up and filed out of the pavilion until only the three masters were left.

"Rend, what is your opinion of this Raichu?" inquited Tybalt.

"I believe I have met her once before. She is, if I recall correctly, a very brash Pokemon."

"And she is decidedly anti-ADF" added Shi coolly. The Nightshade ninja were allies of the ADF called in from time to time to deal with delicate matters which required some discretion.

Tybalt nodded. "But she is not correct about Purge, I believe."

"You have your doubts?" asked Rend with an eyebrow raised.

"I killed my partner of many years, Rend," sighed Tybalt, "Denial is a natural stage of grief."

"But do you not sense your master any more?" asked Shi.

Tybalt shook his head somberly. "That connection was all but lost when he was possessed." He stood up and bowed to Rend and Shi. "I must go to my pupils."

The two other masters stood and bowed as well, and Tybalt left, pondering what to teach his students next.

D

Deleted member 133172

Sorry if I missed something, but before I post, where about is the Chartreuse base?

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
[ADF Chartreuse City Base]

“Bladerunner, I’m not discussing this anymore; I’m keeping the Silhouettes on! You heard the commander; they’re an asset.” Digger overshadowed the Bisharp in size, but Blade was not phased.

“Those damned Sils are a liability. Any moment they could turn full Darkling and destroy us all.” Melody walked in on their conversation. Blade took his leave, walking right past Mel. She could just barely hear him whisper “I’m watching you, Decibel.”

Melody wasn’t scared so much as she was disheartened. She lost her usual cocky grin and slumped down onto a bench next to the holo-tablet.

“So, Cap, any news outta intelligence about what these bozos are after?” CD chirped to snap both Digger and Mel out of their funks. The Garchomp activated the holo-tablet and showed a recorded surveillance from Lilycove back in Hoenn.

The scene was a meteor and shadows escaping into a trainer with a pikachu.

“From this scene and the Pikachu’s witness account, we can determine that the Shadows are not looking to add territory to their empire.” Digger activated a new video from the archive.

The scene was a coordinator in a green bandana and she was being chased by Darklings. She was about to fall off a cliff when a Darkling caught her and saved her life.

“This scene and many others infer that the Shadows are not trying to eradicate the human species.”

A new scene depicted what looked like a Pokemon doctor with close-set eyes becoming a Darkling and attacking his own Sudowoodo.

“That Sudowoodo escaped, and from his medical reports, the attacks he sustained were intended as non-lethal. Other than that, we’re not sure what they’re planning.”

Melody took a report on the Shadows and went over what was known. CD was reading the file from Mel’s shoulder. There were only three pages; one on Shadow’s biology, one on the Darklings and only half a page on a theoretical being known as The Darkness.

“So… The Darkness is their leader? What does it look like?” Melody asked as the only information on it was a statement by a Shadow Darkling.

“No one knows anything about it. We don’t even know if it is a physical being. Intelligence figures that the Shadows refer to their hive mind as their leader.” Digger replied to non-chalently as he dug meat out of his teeth with his claw.

“Great. So that eliminates the option of taking out their leader and calling it a day.” CD grumbled “What is our mission de jour any-who?”

“We’ll go over the details once the rest of the team gets here.” Digger said as he went through the personnel files. “But right now, we know that there’s a camp of survivors back in Cerulean city. It’s a simple search and rescue operation... And we have some news on domestic threats to go over. A vigilante known as Trika has been causing trouble out west.”

[Ilex Forest]

"There's a Shadow or Darkling outside of the forest and I can't fight it on my own and it might kill me HELLLLLP!" a squeaky voice shrieked.

Trika looked outside of her wooden abode saw Aqua running as fast as her stumpy legs could carry. Trika let out a sigh of annoyance as the Oshawatt ran behind her. Trika stepped out to confront whatever was Aqua was running from.

"My apologies Miss Trika. I was just tryin to... reassure our new asset." a Ghostly voice said with a slight chuckle. A Banette with a pink ribbon around her waist.

"Felt, stop scaring the younger ones." Trika said with a scold. Felt giggled like a school girl and smiled a creepy-as-torn-world smile. "How's Lavaridge?"

Felt's expression turned somewhat serious at the mention of her homeland. "Weeeeeeell I heard something about a safehouse in New Mauville. I'm not entirely sure how safe it is now, but is it worth a look~?"

"...Aqua, you're going with Felt and her team to Hoenn. Investigate New Mauville and gather any survivors." Trika ordered.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Aqua
Ilex Forest
Condition: Annoyed

"...Aqua, you're going with Felt and her team to Hoenn. Investigate New Mauville and gather any survivors." Trika ordered Aqua.

Aqua fallowed Felt the Banette with a frown on her face. She didn't like pranks. Greg stopped pranking me as soon as he knew I didn't like pranks. She sighed again at the thought of Greg. Every time she thought of him her mind turned to how cowardly she was when he was attacked.

I just wish I could have saved him. Maybe if I was braver I could have fought the shadow...but then I would lose because it would probably have a ranged attack and I don't. She looked at Felt again.

Deciding to get her mind off of Greg, she decided to ask a question. "Hey Felt, why do you have a pink ribbon? Is it something your trainer gave you or did you just find it and thought it looked cool?"

AwesomeGuy

Arrogance
Ozymandias
New Mauville
Status- In self imposed exile

The steel door overhead came smashing down, echoing through the mostly abandoned halls of New Mauville. The echoes were then fallowed by the noise of footsteps succinctly clashing with the tiled floors at a brisk pace. Precautions had to be taken, until the situation could be realized. That's why the entrance to the basement was shut off. The florescent lights over head faded out for a moment as another meteor strike rocked the catacombs. The Electabuzz grit his teeth together with rage, it looked like more were coming. Whatever the case may have been, if Ozymandias wanted to survive he and the others had to get to that basement. As the electrically charged beast descended the steps at a sprint, a dark cloud of smoke seemed to creep along the roof above.
"Oh no you don't." Ozymandias growled, sending electron charged fist in the the cloud's way. A few thunderbolts cracked through the cloud, and it partially dissipated, likely only stunned though. The Electabuzz left it behind, time was of the essence now.

Reaching the spacious storage room just before the generator, Ozymandias caught sight of those who had stuck with him in this power plant hell. A few Magnemite, young ones, who the gruff Electabuzz had no time to learn the names of, and Satch, who was the first to speak upon seeing Ozymandias,
"We better hurry Ozy, I heard another meteor come down just on the surface above us!" The Electabuzz gave a low growl,
"Don't call me that name, Satch, and stop telling me things I already know." The Electric Pokemon checked his back to make sure nothing was following him, "Did you seal everything behind me?"
"Sealed like a done deal!" The Electrode cackled, Ozymandias merely rolled his eyes,
"Then come on." With that the group began to go deeper into New Mauville, and after a brisk trek down its winding corridors, they finally arrived at the Generator Room. That was it's general name for it anyway, the place was actually an Armory in case Mauville were ever to come under invasion. The others spread out as Ozymandias sealed the door behind them, all the while giving commands.
"Satch, get that generator up and running! We're going to need food!"
"I'm on it!"
"One of you Magnemites, get me a gun from the Armory, anything! And some rounds of ammo! Chop chop!"
"Gotcha boss!" The Magnemite hurried over to one of the weapons mounted on the walls, and with a magnetic fling, tossed it to Ozymandias, followed by a box of ammunition. The Electabuzz looked over the gun he had been given. It was an old rifle no doubt, long outdated, probably a relic from the Forties. Bolt Action for sure. Nonetheless it would have to do if the Darklings broke through. Ozymandias stuck the rifle out through the barred window of the safe room door, vigilantly watching for the slightest hint of Darkling breaching.

"Sit tight. It's going to be a long wait."

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
OOC: Haha, I just noticed, so far Melody and Merlin are the only two non-Pokemon characters in the RPG so far. And neither of them are ordinary humans. Go figure.
IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merlin was staring at the mirror on the wall of the infirmary, now facing a paradox. At first glance he looked just the same as ever--the same height, the same skin colour, the same style of hair. The coat he had just put on was the same one he had been wearing (and mending and washing and such) for the last three or so years. But he looked much like a different person when he gazed at his own face. Especially the golden eyes he now had--even though he had already spent a couple of days as a Silhouette, it would still take him a long time to get used to this new appearance. That and the star mark on his forehead. Too neatly placed to be a bruise, and in too odd a spot to be a tattoo, it was a peculiarity that would clearly set him apart from normal humans from then on, even further than he had already been prior to that strange "meteor shower". He was different but yet the same.

What was more disturbing was a change in his aura. True, it changed colours slightly depending on his mood, but there was almost an alien component to it now, as if something profound had changed inside of him. The very fact that he was able to see auras so clearly now was one such change, but something told him that there was much more to it than just that. If what the ADF said about the "Sils" was true, then that meant that he wasn't even human anymore. And this change was so sudden, yet painless, and without any obvious transformation without looking in a mirror.

There Merlin sat on the bed, his elegant purple coat only half-on and the sleeve of his shirt rolled up. Calm though he usually was, he was still sensitive to the stinging prick of a needle--maybe even more sensitive than he should be. Pain was something that he could not avoid, no matter how he tried to distract himself from it.

"Soooo, Nimbus, is it?" the sugar-coated voice of the Audino nurse inquired. She had a clipboard in one paw and a syringe in the other, and an impatient yet playful air about her (which appeared as a bright orange aura according to "Nimbus"). "I know you're waiting to have your fun out there, but first I need a little something from you. Think happy thoughts..."

The smile and the little giggle she added afterward did not ease the pain of the needle. A couple of times he squirmed about so much that the needle either came out or dug itself further in, making it hurt even more. His eyes were full of tears by the time the procedure was finished, and he left the room wiping them away, careful not to let his green eyeshadow smear.

Once outside the infirmary, Merlin nearly bumped into an Alakazam that had just teleported in front of him.

"Come on, let's hurry up," Preston demanded. "I need my hot chocolate before the ADF wants to see us. And you probably want your crazy espresso stuff too. There's a Starmiebucks right over there. Let's go."

The two spoons that Preston held looked quite different from each other. The one he held in his left hand was clearly a decorative one, made of a clear plastic with metal around the sides, and lots of green glitter and star confetti inside the handle. In his right hand was a tarnished silver teaspoon, with some strange letters carved into the handle. It was this spoon that he used to point to the aforementioned coffee joint, whose bright purple sign added a surprisingly cheery air to the street. Within a fraction of a second, the Alakazam and his trainer vanished and reappeared right in front of the entrance.

"Now now my darling saviour," Merlin remarked, holding his hand out to block Preston from the entrance, "if you will look over there, Skitty-corner to this place, you will notice a coffee house that is likely of better quality. And what do I see... is that a sign, what does it say? Hot chocolate special?"

"Chatreuse Cozy, what a lame name," Preston commented. glancing at the humble wooden sign above the other coffee house. "And look more closely at the door, moron." A closer look at the door revealed a sign on it that said that the place recently went out of business.

"Ah, so it is closed for eternity..." Marlin lamented, having just noticed the sign. "Tis a real shame, how the small sources of happiness in this world are being swallowed up by a larger evil. It is perhaps a sign that the same fate might befall the world as a whole..."

As Merlin was saying the last bit of this sentence, he felt some small psychic force behind him--Preston had teleported again. Looking around, he found the Alakazam inside the Starmiebucks, talking to the cashier. At this he just had to smile. So impatient, yet so efficient and resourceful... what was it really like, being much smarter than the average human? Merlin could definitely sympathize with Preston's love of using his psychic abilities--if he himself had such powers, he would be all too glad about using them as well. Well, maybe not as excessively as Preston always did.

In fact, at that point Merlin decided to utilise the common telepathic link psychic Pokemon have with their trainers. Of course, this link only worked if the two shared a strong bond, which was a negative in this case. Not to mention Preston hated using telepathy, thinking it would leave his mind vulnerable. Merlin would occasionally try to send a thought to him, but whether or not he was willing to receive it was a matter of chance.

I'll be heading on to the ADF base, Merlin thought, focusing on Preston as he did so. I suggest you meet me there.

As expected, Merlin got no reply. As he walked toward the place where the meeting was to be held, he figured that even if Preston didn't receive the thought, he would be smart enough to figure out what to do anyway. Sure enough, as he approached Building D, there was Preston standing in front of the entrance, balancing his hot chocolate cup on his silver spoon. He took a sip from it before speaking to Merlin.

"As punishment for your incompetence, you don't get any. Urrgh, will you cut it out with your 'everything is okay' act? Geez, Blade is right. These humans are just liabilities, and this whole Silhouette crap only makes it worse."

"...It's a simple search and rescue operation," Digger was saying when Merlin arrived at the meeting. "And we have some news on domestic threats to go over. A vigilante known as Trika has been causing trouble out west.”

Merlin had just noticed the only other human in the building. A girl, not surprisingly. Even though he knew she was a silhouette, he couldn't help but admire the way her unusual hair colours clashed together like that. She had a Rotom with her; the two appeared to be very close. She had taking notes with an electronic tablet, with the Rotom downloading the data apparently. Now there was an idea. Not even his friend Halberd could have thought of such useful technology like that. Of course, was it really useful, or just a little more convenient? In terms of note-taking, Merlin liked to stick to either paper or brain cells for recording information. In this briefing he decided to use the latter, figuring it would save a tree or two.

Anyway, despite her overall cool colour scheme, this girl gave off a very invigorating and passionate vibe once Merlin paid more attention to her. It was a little bit subdued, but he saw a spark of potential trying to peek out from underneath. Her aura was actually quite complex, much to his surprise. For comparison purposes, he took a glance at Preston and the plain orange aura around him, save for the spurts of jealousy flaring up at times. He just had to smirk at this difference.

Merlin turned back to face the girl with the half-green-half-blue hair. As he did so, he saw the design on her jacket and shirt, thinking he had seen it sometime before... some sort of television ad for some Pokemon League-ish thing, was it? Too bad he didn't have Preston's memory.

"Excuse me, but would you mind if I sat here next to you?" he asked Melody, putting on a polite smile. "In these difficult times, it often helps if those in like situations stay close to one another."

Behind him, Preston gave Merlin a look of disgust. He really did pity the types of silly and unnecessary thoughts that ran through his trainer's mind sometimes. He also cast a scowl at CD, for he could tell that she was loyal to her trainer. What a pathetic excuse for a Pokemon indeed.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Aqua
In The Air
Condition: Hanging on for dear life

Aqua was holding on to Sprig, the Tropious, as he took her and Felt to New Mauvile. Aqua's grip was as tight as it could be. Felt on the other hand was fine and dandy. "WEEEEE!" she whimsically cried. "Cmon kid, lighten up!"

I'm light enough already! I don't wanna fall!

Soon Sprig landed near a sealed up wall. Felt pushed off Aqua and floated to the ground. "Good luck you two. I'm gonna-"

"Stay here and protect Aqua." Felt interrupted Sprig. "Aqua is really weak compared to us so she can't be left alone. That's an order." Then Felt turned to Aqua. "As for you, don't run if a shadow comes this way. It might sound like a good idea, but you''ll probably wind up in more trouble because Sprig won't be with you. He's a great battler so it would be best if you hid rather than run. Got it?"

Aqua nodded. It would be hard to fight the urges, but she would do her best.

"Good, we understand each other. I'm gonna go see if anyone's alive in there." And with that she faded into the wall.

Aqua looked up to Sprig. "Um, sorry if I hurt you when I held on tightly to you."

"You didn't. Don't worry about it. So why did you join the movement in the first place?"

"I....want to save my trainer."

The Tropious nodded. "Well don't worry, you'll become stronger eventually and you'll be able to save him or her."

OOC: Sprig is an NPC and does not require permission to bunny. AwesomeGuy, what happens in New Mauvile is up to you.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Decibel
Chartreuse City Base

"Excuse me, but would you mind if I sat here next to you?" he asked Melody, putting on a polite smile. "In these difficult times, it often helps if those in like situations stay close to one another."

"Sure thing. Pull up a bench." Mel said in a friendly manner. She had almost felt him coming while she and CD were looking over the Shadows' file. She didn't like people staring at her new hair-personally she hated it. Sure, she always had dyed blue bangs, and she was considering dying them to match her eyes anyway, but all of her hair in that colour scheme made her look like a clown. She tugged her toque tighter on her head to cover her embarrassment.

"So what does Blade call you in a derogatory way?" she asked to distract herself.

"Hm?"

"Your codename?" Mel chuckled. Not everyone understood Melodynglish. She began hearing electricity crackling and glanced over to see CD glaring at an Alakazam. One scowl from Melody's mismatched eyes and CD stopped. "My codename is Decibel 'cause I can attack with sound and... stuff"

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
As the girl introduced herself as Decibel, Merlin could tell that she was feeling embarrassed about something, judging by the prompt colour change in her nimbus--that is, the aura around her head. It looked like she was trying to hide her hair, probably because she wasn't happy about it changing colour after the Shadow incident. At this, Merlin just had to feel sorry for her, and he wished she didn't have to feel that way. After all, she wasn't the only one who had undergone such a drastic change in appearance. His own black hair had gained these weird purple streaks in it, and though it was a dull shade, he missed the old marble-green colour of his eyes. And they both had that black star on their foreheads, making them look more Kadabra than human. Merlin could have gone around with a paper bag over his head from then on, but he didn't. No one can stop the inevitable. One can only make the most of the results, and stay confident in themselves.

"Decibel eh?" Merlin mused after the introduction. "But I do see what you mean. Why, when Blade first met me, he wanted to call me Halo. Though I can appreciate his considering me angelic, it really isn't the best name for me. We eventually settled on Nimbus, owing to my ability to see and work with the aura. Why, around you I see what gives the impression of a nutshell. It suggests that you are suppressing your true potential, perhaps not quite ready to accept the lovely lady you have become."

There was a twinkle in his golden eyes as he said this.

"Then this tragedy that has befallen these lands may very well be a test, a quest to find out who you really are. Yet we are all a team. If any circumstance ever gives you trouble, you can always..."

"Oh for peanut butter's sake," Preston interrupted, having teleported right in front of where the two Silhouettes were sitting, "will you cut it out already? Yeah, don't be fooled by all this lovey-dovey crap this moron gives you. His head spends too much time up in smoke. And BESIDES, this girl is TAKEN. Get it, mister?"

"Now now Preston, let's not jump to conclusions," Merlin advised, sounding the slightest bit sheepish. "I know how to separate my thoughts from my actions, or in this case my words. And haven't you ever wondered if this is what being a gentleman is all about? It is about deflecting such emotions into a ray of kindness that..."

Preston had enough. Before Merlin could finish his sentence, he found his mouth forced shut, and felt himself rise up into the air after a deep red aura flashed around him for a moment. Preston's eyes were glowing, and he had his silver spoon pointed right at his "trainer". After lifting him out of his seat, he moved him backward and flipped him upside down, so that he looked like he was hanging by his foot. A wallet and a Pokeball fell out of his pockets as he fell right on top of a chair. Merlin was able to brace his fall with his arms, tipping the chair backwards and rolling forward into a sitting position. But as soon as the Pokeball hit the ground, it opened and exposed a glowing red ball. Preston turned into a mass of this same red energy and went right into the Pokeball. A few seconds later, he emerged from the Pokeball, just as Merlin was standing up.

"Well, there's your lesson in karma, mate," Merlin laughed, reaching for his fallen wallet and returning to his seat.

Nearby, Preston did a facepalm--or rather, a forehead-spoon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOC: Boy oh boy, I can't believe what I just typed. XD

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Decibel
Chartreuse City Base

Both Melody and CD rolled their eyes watching the antics of the new partners that entered the base. Digger was silently snickered with his back turned to the four.

"Ok, let's begin with this meeting." Digger said after clearing his throat. He passed his clawed fin over the holo-desk. A 3D image of Cerulean city appeared in a green-hued hologram. The image then zoomed in on the famed Cerulean cave.

"Y'see, the Commander evacuated the survivors of the city into his little 'cave-dojo', but we're having a little trouble extracting them. Darklings are running amuk and your mission is to cover Captain Riptide until he gets them at least to the Mt Moon underground waterways." Digger said with a dumb grin on his face.

"Wait-Commander Mew-freakin-Two can't cover for them?! I thought he was like some kinda omega powerful fighting machine!!!" CD complained. If she had feet, she'd be tapping her toes impatiently.

Digger gave a sheepish look at this comment. "Weeeeell... Commander is a little too 'Omega powerful' to actually fight. It'd be a different story if there were no civilians around. He's in the cave in order to learn to control his powers cuz right now he can't even use Psywave without flattening a city."

Melody stood and took CD onto her shoulder. "Go to Cerulean and save a bunch of lives; got it. If we could get Fos back...?"

"No. Sorry, it's over my head, but teams have to be kept seperate from Silhouettes..." Digger gave a look of sympathy as Mel became disheartened. "...I'll give an appeal to the HOA to get teams back together. I swear, I'll even fight head-to-head with General Blade to reunite your families... I know how important a Trainer is to their Pokemon."

Melody wiped a tear from her star-covered eye before saluting and leaving the base. CD gave a low bow to Digger before following.

"...Even I miss that big rock-turkey. But he'd want us to get the job done." CD said as enthusiastically as she could. Mel broke a smile before going into a full run towards the transport yard. CD flew after her partner and they both burst into laughter.

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
The meetings already over? I hope you don't mind if I take the late route.

Angie-Scarlet: ADF
Running through Chartreuse Base

"A-Aaaaaaah!"

Angie-Scarlet was running late; an unusual experience for her. Still, it had only been 36 hours since she had stumbled upon the ADF... whatever that meant. She hadn't realized it yet, but she had started to slow down. Perhaps it would've been better if she had dropped off all of her stuff somewhere. However, she wasn't willing to part with either her belt or her bag. Thinking over, she probably could've put her scarf in her bag, but she was't really a quick thinker.

In fact, after she was done thinking all of this, she had realized that she had overshot the briefing quarters by an extra room.

"N......Ngaaah!"

And back she went, not without tripping over her scarf and spiraling on to the floor. The impact could probably be heard from a two-room radius, considering how much Angie-Scarlet put in her bag. The hallway was rather empty, so no one could help her tidy up the cluster of books but herself.

"Ngh, not now, not..."

The vials.

She felt for the vials around her belt; fortunately, they were made of plastic. Angie let out a sigh of relief as she discovered that all of her home-brews didn't make a toxic rainbow on the floor. Still, by now she was probably late for the briefing. Her face grew somber as she finished packing up her stuff. She got her scarf from under her feet, dusted it off, then headed in the opposite direction; towards her original destination.

"What did... I miss... Sir?" she tried to start, but was already gasping for air from the tension. She walked over to the nearest bench, and slumped down. She then noticed that nobody was there except for her.

She grimaced.

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
Tybalt
Nightshade Town, main thoroughfare

Tybalt strode down the main street of Nightsade, a chilly mountain town concealed in a constant veil of mist- he could barely see the other side of the street. The small businesses were places largely of necessity, run by entrepreneurial trainees who supplied the basics. Tybalt glimpsed Wright, a quiet young Staravia, trying to haggle with the Gabite at the general store. Holly was chatting with an Ekans and Riolu. Though the overall visual of the town was one of peace and normality, the Gallade could sense the overall emotion of tension and sorrow which permeated the small village.

A cold breeze swept through the street and Tybalt drew the thick woolen cloak he had on close. The Pokemon outside shivered in unison- only the thick haze remained undisturbed.

Briskly the Gallade left the main road, heading down a side street to the old dojo. As he entered he noted a handful of his students escaped the cold and were dueling each other in a fierce free-for-all. With a shake of his head the old master sent out a telepathic jolt, shocking the mob into looking up. A Totodile released a Scyther's wing from its jaws, which in turn hopped off of a struggling Linoone. A Tyrogue disentangled itself from a Snover.

"Students, I am disappointed. Fighting like that will get you nowhere. A true master knows when to reserve himself- or herself, Bandit."

The Linoone lowered her head. "I'm terribly sorry, master."

"You are young. You'll learn in time. You five gather the others, we will begin today's training."

The group left, returning a few minutes later with four more Pokemon. Tybalt motioned for them to sit, and they formed a rough line across the floor. He too sat, crossing his legs and fixing the group with his calm, ruby-red eyes.

"Today we will practice group combat. Shadows are very powerful and are nearly impossible for all but the most powerful Pokemon to take down single-handed. So teamwork is critical." Tybalt stood. "I will be your opponent. You shall be split into threes. Holly, Bandit, and Scrapp, you will go first."

All the students except for the Treeko, Linoone, and Tyrogue moved to the side. The trio stood facing their master, who felt their anxiety.

*Snik* slid out Tybalt's elbow blades. The master assumed a fighting stance, spreading his legs and raising his arms.

"En garde... alle!"

The three students lunged into action. With a spin and a sweeping kick the Gallade launched a Vaccum Wave, knocking back his opponents.

The three got to their feet. This time only Holly launched back, a Leaf Blade formed around he hand. Tybalt raised his arm, parrying the attack before unleashing a slashing blow with his other blade. The Treeko barely dodged the slice, and the Gallade quickly blasted flanking Bandit away with Psychic. Scrapp lunged for his foe's feet but was cleanly jumped over. Holly was back for another strike, actually managing to score a slight hit with a Pound from her tail. Tybalt staggered back but quickly recovered, rolling to strike out at Scrapp with a powerful Psycho Cut. The Tyroge and Linoone were down, but the last fighter kept on going. Lunging forward into another clash of blades, the Gallade quickly overpowered his younger foe with a Close Combat barrage.

Tybalt paused as the other students rushed to help their worn-down comrades back to the wall.

"That was good!" Noted the old master with a slight smile. "Now, the next group! Razor, Wright, Dao, you're next..."

Ace
Chartreuse Base

Ace walked calmly across base without a care in the world. He's only been in the ADF for about 3 days and has already gotten used to the relaxed lifestyle of a soldier not on duty.

"Man, I could really go for a Latias-latte."

He looked to his side, expecting his brother to respond, then frowned remembering he is no longer around. Suddenly, a panicked Mawile was running through base.

"What's her problem?" Again, no response. He continued strolling down base when he realized there was a meeting today.

"Oh crap, I'm late!" Ace made a mad dash to where the meeting was going to be held. He realized that his new arm made him feel off balance as he ran, making an awkward step causing him to trip over himself. He groaned as he rose up, damn arm. He'll get used to it eventually, he thought to himself as he arrived at his destination.

"Hey, sorry I'm la-" he paused, realizing the only one there was the Mawile he saw earlier. He walked up to the Mawile; might as well introduce himself to a fellow soldier.

"Um, hey I'm Ace. Looks like the meeting ended already. Captain and the rest of them may still be at the transport bay, I'll be heading there to check. You should come too."

He started running to the transport bay. Upon arriving he saw some sils with Captain Digger. Thank goodness they didn't leave yet.

"Sorry I missed the meeting captain, completely forgot about it," he let out a laugh. "So... what's the mission?"

Last edited:

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Decibel
In Transport on Route to Cerulean City

Just as Mel and CD were strapping themselves into a chopper, a Blaziken and a Mawile come barrelling down the runway towards them. Digger got out and greeted them with a hardy laugh.

"What took ya?" he said with a cheerful smile "Hop in, we're going to Cerulean City. We're covering for the evac team so we can get some civillians outta Cerulean Cave."

As the two climbed onto the chopper, CD gave them the most condesending grin she could. "Tardy on our first mission? Now worries, it's not like the world's a stake or anything."

"Let's just go there and do our jobs." Melody said in scorn of CD's teasing. But she did aggree with her; lives were at stake and they couldn't afford to sleep in or anything.

[Over Cerulean City]

"OK team, we gotta land carefully so we don't alert those Darklings of what we're doing." Digger struggled to be heard over the chopper blades.

Melody and CD laughed as they unbuckled. "No need for us to wait, we've been praticing this all of yesterday!" Melody exclaimed as she made her way to the door.

"We saw it in a movie!" CD added. Melody-I'm sorry-Decibel then leapt out of the chopper doors while shrieking. A sonic wave was caught at the right angle and she was able to glide for a little bit. CD, as a ghost type, could already fly and just went after her.

While gliding, Melody could get an assessment of the area; the streets were barren and damaged. It looked like bombs went off in a few places. And then the gym... It was flattened. Mel landed outside of the gym, it'd be the bovious place for everyone to meet.

"Remember fighting this gym?" Mel casually asked CD.

"Yep. That Quagsire sure gave me heck." CD giggle in nastalgia "But... That's why we had a lawnmower ready. Kehehe"

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
Tybalt
Nightshade Town, Secondary Dojo

The students were all laying, thoroughly worn out from several hour's practice, around the dojo. Tybalt, not wanting to disturb them, slipped out to see about food for the group.

As he entered the main pavilion, he noticed Rend reading a letter. The Weavile glanced up upon hearing his visitor.

"Master Tybalt, what a surprise. Come, I was just reading a request."

Tybalt returned the greeting and accepted the letter from Rend. In very official-looking print, the letter read:"

Master Rend,
Your aid is requested in the matter of the evacuation of civilians from Cerulean Cave. High Priority. Please come as soon as possible.
-Commander Bladerunner

Tybalt handed the letter back. "You are going, I presume?"

Rend nodded. "Shi will be in charge while I am gone. Would you like to come?"

The Gallade shook his head "I can't leave my students now; they need their master."

"That is true," Rend agreed, "Though I have no time to waste. I must leave immediately. Please deliver the news to Shi for me."

"Don't worry."

Rend smiled as he strode to a waiting Yanmega and climbed on. "I made a good choice in helping you, Tybalt."

"You did the honorable thing given our circumstances. Now go, I will notify everyone."

With a wave Rend shot off on the Yanmega's back.

Cerulean City, or at least what's left of it

Rend was virtually invisible, darting between cover as he tracked the ADF team which had descended from a helicopter above him. He had left Monyi the Yanmega near the city outskirts and proceeded onward stealthily, not willing to alert any Darklings to his presence.

The ninja master paused in an instant, ducking his small body into cover behind a dilapidated wall. The vioces were coming from inside the building across the way. He formed a dagger-like Ice Shard in his hand and stole silently across the street, using a flipped bus for cover, and peered into the window of what he realized was the gym. A strange girl was inside along with a Rotom. Both were clearly new, so Rend decided to remain hidden for the moment.

AwesomeGuy

Arrogance
Sprig
Outside New Mauville

The massive Tropius lumbered to the steel bunker door in the mountainside. It wasn't much to look at, just an iron door embedded into rock. A few disclaimers were on the front about what to do once inside, but these were for Humans, and now that the shadows had come, they didn't even apply anymore.
"Stay Frosty." Sprig told the two pokemon with him, "This place is probably already crawling with Shadows."

The door was locked from the inside, the Tropius already knew this. It would take so good old fashioned brute force to knock this thing down, and brute force was exactly something this brachiosaur had. Absorbing a wave of solar energy, Sprig's body began to glow with a photonic light, and then a huge beam fired off from out the Grass type's mouth. The Solarbeam essentially acted like a flashbang for those anything that looked directly at it.
"Alright boys! Door's down, and let's move in!"

The damp interior of New Mauville was about as much of a looker as the exterior. Sprig proceeded down the steel steps with caution, with only a dim fluorescent for lighting, the Shadows had plenty of places to hide down here.

"Now I know Trika wants us to search for survivors, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind if we picked up a few things for power. You know, portable generators and the like. If you see any, just fling it on my back." The Tropius turned and told his compatriots, and they then continued their decent.

But something was up. There were no shadows at all the deeper they went. In a place like this, a dark corridor in an already infested area, you expected the place to be crawling with them. But there were none. Either somebody already got here, or somebody WAS here. Sprig of course knew that they were searching for survivors, but he personally doubted that any would be found. New Mauville, from what he had heard, had been abandoned for years. Yet signs pointed to otherwise, and he began to wonder just what they would find.
----------------------------------------------
Ozymandias Tharax
The Generator Room

BAOOOAM

The Electabuzz awoke, startled, as an explosion sounded from somewhere upstairs.
"What the **** was that?!" Ozymandias shouted, the other Pokemon in the safe room turned to him, with just as much shock as he had. Satch's eyes darted around the ceiling nervously.
"Probably just an old generator giving out? Or or uhhh, perhaps one of the fuel barrels caught fire?" The Electrode was being difficult on purpose, Ozymandias gave a grunt.
"You and I both know that isn't true Satch. I think we have company, and you know it." The Electabuzz sprinted over to the wall next to the generator room door, where his M1907 Bolt Action rifle lay propped against a crate. He swiftly grabbed the gun and turned to give orders.
"Some of you magnemite stay behind me while I cover the door! Satch, stick close to the Generator, if the shadows break in we can't let anything happen to it!"
"Yes Boss!" The Pokemon all chimed out resoundingly, and without a moment's hesitation they got down to work. You couldn't hesitate in a time like this, because who knows what could be descending those stairs.

Ozymandias peeked his gun through the bars of the Generator Room door. A Bolt Action Rifle and 500 Pounds of steel should keep them safe from a few shadows, but how long could they last. Then things got quiet, voices and footsteps could be heard coming closer to the Generator room. Then came a trio of sillouetted bodies, who stepped into a the dim lights of the bottom floor. A Tropius, a Bannette, and a Oshawott. Ozymandias couldn't say that was what he was expecting. Still, they couldn't be trusted.

The Electabuzz pulled the Bolt back on his rifle to let the group know he was there. A resounding "CLACK" echoed through the room.
"That's far enough." He coldly stated, pointing the gun right at them, "Who the Hell are you?"

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Aqua
Outside of New Mauville
Condition: Worried

After 5 minutes of waiting, Sprig got impatient. "Felt is probably asleep. We better go in."

"Huh?! B-but Felt said to stay outside!"

"You don't know Felt like I do kid, now cover your ears." Sprig charged up a Solarbeam and blasted open the doors. As expected Felt was asleep. "Dammit Felt! This is not the time for a nap!"

"Five more minutes mom..." the Banette moaned.

"Ugh, we're all going in together. Keep an eye out for portable generators and if you find one put it on my back. Trika might have a use for them."

"Fine mister grump. Let's go!"

The two Pokemon pressed forward while Aqua fallowed behind them. There were no shadows and after awhile Aqua started wondering.

"Is there even anyone in here?"

Then she passed through Felt and saw a few silhouettes then she heard a loud "CLACK!"

"That's far enough!" a gruff voice shouted, "Who the hell are you?!"

Aqua ducked and covered her head while Felt and Sprig were calm. "I'm Felt, the big boy here is Sprig, and the little Oshawott you just scared is Aqua. We're with the Vigilante movement and we were ordered to find any survivors here. It's good to see that you're alive, although I wish you were a bit less paranoid."

Sprig used his mouth to put Aqua on his back and then spoke. "Sorry if we startled you, but I had to bust open the door to wake up Felt here because she was sleeping on the job. Can you please not point that gun at us? If it goes off then Aqua is bound to run away."

Ace
Cerulean City

Ace watched as Decibel and CD jump off the chopper and landed near what looks like a destroyed gym. "Wow, I wish I could fly."

"She wasn't flying; she used sound waves to... err nevermind," the captain chuckled. "Ok guys, there's a space down there where we can land," he pointed to a spot in between two messed up buildings. "Be wary as we step out cuz those darklings can come out at any second!"

The chopper flew over the area and slowly landed. Ace was the first to step off the chopper. "It's all clear, you all can come out!"

Captain Digger, Angie-Scarlet, and Merlin came out, relieved that they didn't need to fight yet. "Don't be so loud, Ace, you might attract more of them darklings. Anyways, let's meet up with Decibel, she landed somewhere near the gym," Digger ordered, they all nodded as they strolled through the city, vigilant of any darklings that may be around. Ace looked around, seeing the effects of the shadow invasion for the first time. His rage was slowly building up when suddenly, a dark figure was sneakily peering at the gym from behind a flipped bus.

"SHADOWWWWWWW" Ace roared as he charged at the dark figure but stopped midway, realizing that the dark figure was just a Weavile. "What the hell are you hiding so sneakily for?! I almost attacked you." The rest of the ADF approached the two along with a confused Decibel.

"What did I tell ya about yelling, Ace." Digger scolded as he shook his head.

"I'm sorry to have alarmed you, I am known as Rend. Commander Bladerunner has requested me to assist the ADF, which I am assuming are you all, with evacuating civilians."

"Oh, well thanks, we'll use any help we can get. I'm the captain of this here squadron and that reckless one over there that wanted to kill you is Ace." Ace looked away, embarrassed of his mistake. "Let's get going to the cave, we have no time to lose."