• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crisis at Chargestone Cave! (723)

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Looks like a funny episode with some great expressions from Ash and Bianca, judging by the photos. And I can't complain because Bianca didn't exactly lose a battle and Team Rocket finally succeeded in something. I hope it's for a bigger plan.

Draco-123

Dragon Master
I'd buy that answer for something like the double Torterra check in Sinnoh which were hundreds of eps apart. This though is what, a twenty ep gap between this Galvantula and the last? Either the writers think their viewers are leaving after watching just 10 episodes or what? I understand that the animé is nothing but a marketing tool, but checking Galvantula again so SOON is a da*n cynical ploy

I don't see why it really matters. I completely forgot what the pokedex said the first time he scanned it, hell I don't even remember when he scanned it.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This episode was fantastic.

I'll separate my opinions on the characters

Ash and Bianca
I guess I guessed correctly when I said Minccino might have learned Thunderbolt or Thunder Wave. I liked that Ash and Bianca had some alone moments. Not like that you pervs. I really think Mincinno is mascot status liek some other people think.

Iris and Cilan
I'm glad their other pokemon all goth a bit of screentime. I have to say that I laughed at Oshawott flirting with Emolga again. Excadrill was really excited seeing Dwebble evolve. I don't know but I found that cute. Crustle is a beast. I hope he never has a loss in the show. Even Team Rocket was afraid of it.

Juniper and the Ele-Spiders
I always like it when the professors actually do something in the region and sheesh those X-Transceivers have amazing definition. I wonder why Juniper hasn't given Ash or Cilan one. Seeing the Joltik play with Pikachu and Minccino was so adorable. We finally found some Galvantula that were on the twerp's side for a change.

Team Rocket
Okay Jessie deserves to have her face bit by a Galvantula after attacking that poor Joltik. It's always fun seeing Yamask and Woobat be awesome and actually pose a threat. They actually succeeded and took back a few rocks. Although i do wonder how they will activate them with electricity again. Cue speculation of Jessie catching an Eelektrik.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I find it incredibly hard to care about this episode. It had little point or direction until Dwebble evolved out of nowhere.

Bianca is a tired joke whose time is up. If she improved at all from her humiliating appearance last time, she was at best as good as she was in her debut, meaning with all her appearances she has not grown at all. The water gag is becoming so contrived and forced to happen that it isn't funny anymore.

TR isn't doing anything with the rocks. We've seen time and again that when they do things by their own accord, it has no relevance and never gets mentioned again. Cottonee, Elgyem, Litwick, Audino, Archen... everything they did in those episodes could have been called part of a 'larger plot' at the time and was never referenced again.

And then Dwebble. Once again, one of Cilan's Pokémon learns a new move for no reason/offscreen, and once again, it's considered okay because Cilan did it. I don't even have to point out the hypocrisy here.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Ishizumai evolve into Iwaparesu, although I do like Ishizumai better. A lot of comical parts in this episode. The gang's electric Pokemon were all droopy looking after getting their electricity drained. Bianca again knocked Ash into the water, this time twice. Ash's reaction was priceless. It was interesting to see them talking a little bit about the trade evolution of Chobomaki and Karuburumo. Mijumaru made an unneccessary appearence, and flirted with Emonga for a moment. It was funny when he got zapped by Bachuru. It was cute seeing Chillarmy and Pikachu playing with the little Bachuru. Chargestone Cave looked astounding. It definitely had the look that I had hoped it would have.

40/100

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Nice, Cilian's got Crustle now. And the animation was incredible.

TR isn't doing anything with the rocks. We've seen time and again that when they do things by their own accord, it has no relevance and never gets mentioned again. Cottonee, Elgyem, Litwick, Audino, Archen... everything they did in those episodes could have been called part of a 'larger plot' at the time and was never referenced again.

Archen is an overarching plot stemming from BW06 which I believe will slowly develop over time. They first needed Dream energy, and then they needed data from the revival machine. They will do something with all of this.

And wasn't Cottonee, Elgyem, and Audino just capturing Pokemon for da boss? No overarching plot. And Litwick they weren't after, they were just being attacked by for invading their mansion

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
And then Dwebble. Once again, one of Cilan's Pokémon learns a new move for no reason/offscreen, and once again, it's considered okay because Cilan did it. I don't even have to point out the hypocrisy here.

Zeustle grew to level 59! Zeustle wants to learn the move Rock Wrecker, should a move be forgotten? Zeustle chooses for himself.

Yes, it's perfectly fine because Dento learned Rock Wrecker for Zeustle. :p

Seriously now, judging by his expression I don't think he planned any of this.

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/16.png[/IMG139]

JUST LOOK AT THAT FACE!!! XDDDD He's clearly very happy that his Pokemon evolved and learned a new move (the pic-y I got is after Zeustle learns Rock Wrecker). I laughed, if you look just a second before Ash uses his Dex, Dento's heart is beating so hard. XDDDD

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Archen is an overarching plot stemming from BW06 which I believe will slowly develop over time. They first needed Dream energy, and then they needed data from the revival machine. They will do something with all of this.

The Dream Energy was originally introduced to help them look for the Meteonite. They just had a chance to reuse the concept thirty episodes later once that first mission was over.

Personally I think this fossil thing is just a hint at Genesect that's going to end up long forgotten, just like when Arceus was hinted at when Nando told the Original Story in DP036, but besides, even if they do bring it back again, Dr. Zager still appeared in the Archen episode to actually provide narrative to that whole thing. That didn't happen here.

And wasn't Cottonee, Elgyem, and Audino just capturing Pokemon for da boss? No overarching plot. And Litwick they weren't after, they were just being attacked by for invading their mansion

I remember that they mentioned something about why they wanted Cottonee and Elgyem, but Audino was supposed to be for a radar system Zager was developing (which was never mentioned again) and in the Litwick episode they were trying to establish a new base of operations for Team Rocket, which was also never mentioned again.

00poke_maniac said:
Yes, it's perfectly fine because Dento learned Rock Wrecker for Zeustle. :p

Seriously now, judging by his expression I don't think he planned any of this.

It has nothing to do with being planned, it has everything to do with him continually pulling new moves out of his *** - Dwebble's Rock Slide, Stunfisk's Scald, Pansage's Rock Tomb, now Crustle's Rock Wrecker - and getting a free pass for it when people cried foul when Axew and Boldore did the same thing.

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
It has nothing to do with being planned, it has everything to do with him continually pulling new moves out of his *** - Dwebble's Rock Slide, Stunfisk's Scald, Pansage's Rock Tomb, now Crustle's Rock Wrecker - and getting a free pass for it when people cried foul when Axew and Boldore did the same thing.

I never realized people complained about Boldore. :/

I don't think Crustle's Rock Wrecker was that bad as for the other three he commanded, Rock Wrecker is pretty much on the same level as Outrage.

Just be happy he's not as bad as Kaitou! Pokemon Phantom Theif 7. He pulled Pokemon out of his. XDDDD

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'd say it's because Cilan is accepted by almost everyone here over Iris...but then you had to go including Ash's Boldore...I actually thought is was legit in that battle and now that I think about it and hate to admit...Axew had every right to pull Outrage out of thin air. Still it's kinda odd that random moves coming from no where is becoming the norm now

uber gon

Accept Change
Now I want to put my Crustle back in my party.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
The way Dento reacted with such joy and excitement at seeing his new Godstle, I think this may be his "new vintage."

Just like Moolando replaced Mebukijika as Cabernet's vintage, as she said in the DBTournament.

Dento's "New Vintage" or not, Godstle is clearly his strongest/best pokemon for the foreseeable future.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
I didn't realize Bachuru were chubby as well as cute and fuzzy. I love them even more now. Even though there's nothing cute about draining electrics of their electric energy, nothing will stop the Bachuru themselves from looking cute in my eyes.

Ah I was wondering when we would see Mijumaru flirting with Emonga again, I really missed seeing that and was hoping it wasn't just a one-time thing. Mijumaru's crush on Emonga is one of my favourite things about his character. Hopefully it'll appear more often now after this episode, though not too much so other people won't get tired of it. I won't because, as I never look too much into what I watch, I can never tire of gags (even ones I don't care about).

And finally.... "It's evolution time!" Dent had the best reaction ever to his Ishizumai evolving, he was just so goddamn happy and I loved his constant fanboying over his newly evolved Iwapalace. Dent was acting like a child who got the present he always wanted for Christmas and was savouring this moment of pleasure. I also loved it because it's a different reaction from the usual "trainer stares in awe as their Pokémon's appearance changes" that we have so seen many times before with every other character.

Wait what? I'm really confused with what you're trying to say here.

I understand people being bothered about Dent's Pokémon learning a move off screen (likely from off screen training). Even though we've seen plenty of Pokémon learn moves off screen, people are only bothered by this because Dent is a main character travelling with Satoshi. In fact I also really want to see Dent own a Pokémon that he has hard time training, causing him and it to struggle while training his Pokémon so that we'll actually see Dent training his Pokémon and the Pokémon learning a new move on screen instead of off. But this is all completely different; First - like 00poke_maniac already pointed out and as you can tell by Dent's reaction towards it - Dent didn't cause Iwapalace to learn Rock Wrecker, Iwapalce learned it because it's strong, being strengthened from the battles Dent's had it participate in it and that's it. Second Pokémon learning a new move after evolving has happened many times before- People are okay with it because of that, because it's something they've alredy witnessed, not because it happened to a Pokémon belong to Dent. So I don't see why it's a problem that it happened this time.

Edit: I saw your other post after posting this, but I'll still keep it up because I think it explains extra.

Last edited:

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
I don't what episode you guys watched but I thought this was a great episode. I loved the interactions between Bianca and the rest of the gang. Joltik and Galvantula have always been two of my favorite Pokemon (ever) so any episode featuring them earns instant respect from me.

Dwebble putting up so much resistance to Woobat's Gust was one of the most heart warming scenes I've ever seen on this show. You've really gotta admire that little guy's spirit. Cilan's face when it evolved was priceless. Also,

"HOLY ****! WHAT HAPPENED TO DWEBBLE'S VOICE!?"

Dwebble had this puny little voice but Crustle's voice sounds downright demonic. I like the new voice, but holy crap, if I didn't know better I'd say that thing was voiced by Glen Benton.

XXD17

Draco rex
Awesome crustle made the episode for me...that thing is just as boss as it is in the game...I love crustle

also...

Let's see...anyone else notice that mincinno was affected by night shade and yamask was affected by swift?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Awesome crustle made the episode for me...that thing is just as boss as it is in the game...I love crustle

also...

Let's see...anyone else notice that mincinno was affected by night shade and yamask was affected by swift?

Yes that was so annoying. People can't say that Tranquill wasn't hit via Shadow Ball before either.