• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crisis at Chargestone Cave! (723)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Joltik, Galvantula! Chargestone Cave!!

On their way to Mistralton City, Ash & Co. come across the Chargestone Cave. However, when they get within the viscinity of the cave, the Electric-type Pokémon start acting strangely. It appears that the Joltik of Chargestone Cave have appeared and are sucking the electricity out of them. Bianca calls Professor Juniper to appear, but when her Xtransceiver cuts out, things turn out to not be as they seem...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
What happened in the episode

They're traveling along a path and Ash notices Pikachu is sick.

Oshawott comes out to help pull it off and gets knocked out from the zapping.

Iris and Cilan bring out Emolga and Stunfisk to give it energy, but the Joltik suck the power from inside their Pokeballs.

They come out and they are droopy and haggard like Pikachu.

They;re at the Pokemon center and they're all better now.

Ash returns Pikachu and Iris and Cilan return Emolga and Stunfisk.

Bianca rushes in and crashes into Ash.

Ash gets knocked into a pond in the Pokemon Center.

Yep, they contact Juniper and Juniper walks out the cave into a clearing in the middle.

Juniper and her assistants have set up a camp in the clearing.

The communication is cut off and the group see some Galvantula walking around outside.

Team Rocket are in the cave collecting rocks.

James mentions Zager.

Jessie shoes away a Joltik with her Woobat.

The group are walking and Bianca brings out her Minccino.

Some Galvantula heal the Joltik that was kicked out by Jessie.

Cilan and Bianca talk about the trade talks about the trade.

I guess that is why Bianca is here.

Bianca's Minccino knocks out some Galvantula with Thunderbolt and Swift.

Some other Galvantula zap Ash and co. other Galvantula string shot and take away Pikachu.

Some Galvantula shoot some string with electricity running down it and they zap Ash with an electric net.

Exacdrill cuts the net.

Ash and Bianca accidentally run off a cliff.

The Galvantula with Pikachu and Minccino break the string shots around them and then the two see blue eyes in a forest surrounding them and they look worried.

Who's that Pokemon? Dwebble.

Ash falls down a cliff onto some grass.

Bianca comes sliding after and knocks Ash into a pond.

Bianca uses her Xtranciever to follow a Galvantula.

Iris and Cilan run into Juniper and one of her assistants.

Pikachu and Minccino help out by zapping some Joltik to give them power.

Juniper, her assistant, Iris and Cilan have found something mysterious.

Queue Team Rocket in a new mecha.

Cilan brings out Dwebble to battle.

Pikachu and Minccino are having fun with the Joltik.

Iris brings out Excadrill to use dig and Team Rocket's vehicle's front side falls in the hole and they're stuck.

The Joltik and Galvantula lift up the vehicle.

Bianca and Minccino get fired up.

Excadrill and Dwebble get ready.

Woobat and Yamask use Gust and Night Shade.

Pikachu and Minccino use Thunderbolt and Swift.

Dwebble crawls forward so hard he starts to evolve.

Cilan is happy.

Here comes Crustle!

Woobat and Team Rocket are Scared.

Cilan's Crustle learns and uses Rock Wrecker.

Team Rocket lose and they Jetpack off whilst a box/plane carries off the rocks they extracted from Chargestone Cave.

Everyone is happy in the cave.

They walk out into the clearing and Bianca is exited about the trade.

I found it to be cute when Pikachu and Minccino were playing with the Joltik. That's like Oshawott cute.

Speaking of everyones favourite otter. His appearance today...was...not needed? All he did was come out to help pull off that Joltik, got zapped and got healed after the opening only to go back in his Pokeball for the rest of the episode. I guess he wouldn't have been that good against the Galvantula, but still.

Last edited:

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Uhmmm...from all the moves Minccino could have learned the writers chose Thunderbolt.Isn't that creative?

So I guess Minccino is shoved down our throats like another proud Pikachu copy

Last edited:

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Uhmmm...from all the moves Minccino could have learned the writers chose Thunderbolt.Isn't that creative?

I guess its becoming her equivalent of Pikachu, she was even carrying it around. I smell a Pikachu vs. Minccino battle in the future/league!!!

Anyways, an alright episode more looking forward to next weeks in the Juniper Saga however. Great to see Crustle not only in the anime but also on the main cast, I LOVE Cilans team now! Strange that its rock evolved with it, would have loved to have seen it making a new home. but guess that would have interfered with the battle they was in the middle of. Speaking of which, come on Team Rocket don't just stand there, attack it while it evolves!

gliscor&yanmega

Saw the pictures, and I'm already loving the episode.

Bianca appearing again.

Dwebble evolving.

Team Rocket's first step to their new plan, I assume something is in store for those rocks they took with them, other wise why take them.

Joltik and Galvantula in the episode.

Some humor with Pikachu, Stunfisk, and Emolga looking all messed up.

Some more humor with Bianca's and Ash's running gag of Ash getting wet.

Team Rocket battling with their Pokemon.

I like how this episode will go perfectly well into the next one too.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i find it funny how we've got people wanting Jessie to hang for attacking the lone joltik^^; as if Crustle killing her Woobat wasn't enough punishment.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
The Life-Drained Stunfisk is going to haunt me forever...

Minccino makes a good Mascot Pokemon, it can't naturally evolve, so you can't complain it's weak due to experience (That usually results in evolution for Rivals).

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Great episode. Dwebble evolved, the animation was top notch, and Team Rocket put up a damn good fight. I also liked that Team Rocket pretty much won in this episode.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME!!! X333

"It's EVOLUTION TIME" it suprised me he didn't say "shinka" XDDDD Bah Dento can flipping RULE the world with his immortal beast. Zeustle is so awesome, I even forgot the species was called "Crustle" XDDD

Oh man, one of my favorites. Did anyone else think the baby Joltik were going to eat Minccino and Pikachu? No? I guess I watch too many nature programs. XDDD

I got the biggest kick out of Dento having to try to open two doors. Funnier yet, the second time Iris just stood there and didn't help...BOTH times. If I were her, I'd be feeling awkward and just help anyways even if I only the the strength of a fruit fly.

Anything else? Oh yeah, sorry to break it to you guys, but Bianca made Ash fall into the Fountain of Youth. :p

ZOMG JOLTIK ARE ADORABLE. I WANT ONE NAO.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Just looked at the episode scans.............did Ash ACTUALLY use the dex AGAIN to scan Galvantula? For fu..........

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Just looked at the episode scans.............did Ash ACTUALLY use the dex AGAIN to scan Galvantula? For fu..........

Again, it's mainly to provoke the games if anything else. An audiencemember might not have meet a Galvantula or Joltic so that's why it's done so frequently.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I knew Minccino learned an electric attack...though odd really, since it always loses to that typing...so why not learn an attack that actually hurts them? Like Mud Slap or Dig? Oh well.
Anyway, loved this episode...it had my two favorite electric Pokemon of Unova. Joltik is still adorable :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I wasn't impressed. We've already seen Joltik and Galvantula, so I wasn't excited to see them again. I liked how Pikachu, Emolga and Stunfisk looked at the start of the episode, but I was so effing upset that Oshawott got electrocuted! Bianca's antics weren't as funny this time around for some reason, but I did enjoy Cilan, which is a surprise since I usually can't stand him. I didn't care about Team Rocket or Professor Juniper, but I am glad that Dwebble evolved into Crustle. Over all, the episode was average. 5/10.

Ooh ooh ooh, maybe Team Rocket wanted the rocks for something to do with the meteonite?

Anyways, what were Team Rocket doing wrong this episode again?

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

No it's not. We don't get to see Minccino that much unlike Pikachu. However, it would have been nice to see Minccino interact with another Pokemon instead.

However, there has been times where Pokemon like Kakuna, Weedle and Beedrill was seen so often in Kanto. So I guess this is Unova's annoying little bug Pokemon trend.

Janovy

Banned
Anyways, what were Team Rocket doing wrong this episode again?
They basically forced all the Joltik and Galvantula to leave the cave - they were researching the rocks apparently due some energy, I dunno. :S

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
They basically forced all the Joltik and Galvantula to leave the cave - they were researching the rocks apparently due some energy, I dunno. :S
They weren't researching them. They were harvesting them for some reason, and they succeeded, escaping with the rocks...one of the few times that Team Rocket actually succeed. Am really surprised there isn't more discussion of that

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Again, it's mainly to provoke the games if anything else. An audiencemember might not have meet a Galvantula or Joltic so that's why it's done so frequently.

I'd buy that answer for something like the double Torterra check in Sinnoh which were hundreds of eps apart. This though is what, a twenty ep gap between this Galvantula and the last? Either the writers think their viewers are leaving after watching just 10 episodes or what? I understand that the animé is nothing but a marketing tool, but checking Galvantula again so SOON is a da*n cynical ploy.

Ooh ooh ooh, maybe Team Rocket wanted the rocks for something to do with the meteonite?

They weren't researching them. They were harvesting them for some reason, and they succeeded, escaping with the rocks...one of the few times that Team Rocket actually succeed. Am really surprised there isn't more discussion of that

I don't think theres anything to discuss about them succeeding.........given that ep 23 and 24 were missed, all we have seen is Jessie and James handing over suitcases, taking suitcases and hunting around in caves for 'stuff.' If they keep succeeding in attaining random objects, but we have no idea if there is an endgame with what they are collecting, there's not much to say right? And given the writers' history of having the main characters collect or find objects and then forget about them for many episodes at a time....