• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crisis at Chargestone Cave! (723)

Dax

Legend
An average episode at the verge of being plain bad. The story was extremely boring until the end when Dwebble evolved randomly. Add to that how mediocre the animation was.

What was the point of Oshawott? Why didn't Emolga and Stunfisk have bigger roles instead of Mincinno who's not an electric type? An opportunity wasted for Stunfisk to do something, since he's Cilan's underused pokemon.

Also I agree with The Great Butler about Cilan but I admit, he was entertaining.

XXD17

Draco rex

Janovy

Banned
This was a great episode!

Iris and Dento both get solid roles, Bianca was competent for a change and her throwing of Ash into the water just led towards some hilarious reactions from Ash. Dento's "IT'S TASTING TIME!" was pretty amazing since he seemed really excited and overwhelmed by the whole thing, it fit his character.

I also like the way they set up the plot for the next episode, they rarely do that. :D

Also, here's hoping for the cave rocks to have some meaning in terms of possible plot. <.<

Bisharp

This was a great episode!

Iris and Dento both get solid roles, Bianca was competent for a change and her throwing of Ash into the water just led towards some hilarious reactions from Ash. Dento's "IT'S TASTING TIME!" was pretty amazing since he seemed really excited and overwhelmed by the whole thing, it fit his character.

I also like the way they set up the plot for the next episode, they rarely do that. :D

Also, here's hoping for the cave rocks to have some meaning in terms of possible plot. <.<

I'll just give my two cents.

Here's hoping for the cave rocks to have some meaning in terms of possible Team Plasma appearance.

Haunter ゴースト

This episode was actually really enjoyable!

I liked Oshawotts little flirt with Emolga at the start haha, seems like the Pokemon version of Brock!

The gag of Ash getting pushed into the water is getting old now -.- it's happening to frequent.

Dwebble evolving was quite random but at the same time worked really well, it was pretty sweet!

The soundtrack to the episode was great aswell, the movies theme and the B/W game ending theme were used perfectly.

8/10.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Okay, I watched it. Same opinion as my previous post, it was good, but it kind of felt like a complete set up and hype for the next episode, with the constant reminders and all.

Also, when did Minccino turn awesome? It learned Thunderbolt and Swift! Maybe Bianca trained hardcore and beat Elesa and Clay.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Okay, I watched it. Same opinion as my previous post, it was good, but it kind of felt like a complete set up and hype for the next episode, with the constant reminders and all.

Also, when did Minccino turn awesome? It learned Thunderbolt and Swift! Maybe Bianca trained hardcore and beat Elesa and Clay.

Chillarmy first used Speed-Star/Swift vs Kamitsure's Zebra pokemon….

But Thunderbolt was a nice level-up for his power. Albeit it was weaker than Pikachu's….

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Chillarmy first used Speed-Star/Swift vs Kamitsure's Zebra pokemon….

But Thunderbolt was a nice level-up for his power. Albeit it was weaker than Pikachu's….

HUR HUR it doesn't receive STAB. :p

So i wonder if its moves now are Attract, Hyper Voice, Thunderbolt, and Swift?

I don't think Thunderbolt and Swift will do much against Elesa or Clay.
Albeit it was weaker than Pikachu's….

Well, of course. :D

Supersonicbro

anybody else love that crazy smile crustle gave woobat when he evolved? It was like "oh ho ho you're all in trouble now >=D"

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I really liked this episode, especially because Crustle is just so darn awesome. I never thought Dwebble or Crustle were anything special for the franchise, but the anime has done a great job with their personalities and I look forward to seeing him more. Joltik and Galvantula are cool pokemon too, and I won't get tired of seeing them turn up. Bianca is fun as always and Juniper is too- it's good that she's one of the more frequently showcased professors, and I'm looking forward to meeting Cedric.

One thing which really struck me was that Woobat and Yamask, despite my expectations, are STILL unevolved, and with all of the trio now armed with at least one evolved powerhouse I'm wondering how much longer we can buy them as any sort of threat. This isn't like Arbok and Weezing, they can't be one-shotted like the old school Team Rocket always were. They can't be too far off, surely?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'd say it's because Cilan is accepted by almost everyone here over Iris...but then you had to go including Ash's Boldore...I actually thought is was legit in that battle and now that I think about it and hate to admit...Axew had every right to pull Outrage out of thin air. Still it's kinda odd that random moves coming from no where is becoming the norm now

That's happened before, even in the original series. Like the time Squirtle learned Hydro Pump when battling Rudy's Starmie at the Trovita gym. Anyway, out of all the moves that have been pulled out of thin air, the only one that I have a problem with is Pansage's Rock tomb. Boldore's was ok because it evolved, & Stunfisk's was acceptable because it could've known Scald when Cilan caught it but never used it

gliscor&yanmega

Finished watching the video version of this episode, and I loved it.

Joltik and Galvantula are my 2nd favorite Pokemon(Tied with some others). Seeing them is automatically a plus.

Whenever Cilan is being Cilan, that too is a plus. "It's evolution time", I don't remember the last time he did his time thing, feels like forever so I'm glad to hear it again. Loved how he was so excited over Dwebble evolving. Crustle also looks pretty awesome, looks like it strikes fear into it's enemies as well.

Bianca is another plus. She seemed pretty clever in this episode, using Minccino's Thunderbolt to distract the Galvantula then using Swift to knock them out with Berries. As well as using her Live Caster to get Galvantula to come to them so they could find Pikachu and Minccino.

Team Rocket appearing is another plus for me. Succeeding in their mission is another plus.

Also enjoyed the humor in the episode, and again, I love how this episode flows perfectly into the next one.

A favorite for sure.

A writer

I liked the episode a bit,it was at least better than the Gym Battle episode.Seriously the gym battles in BW are bad <.<

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Wow i'm the first to comment this morning about the dub version?

But i liked this episode. Galvantula, one of my fav Pokemon made another appearance. Love its dub voice. But sometimes the writers get to me. We all know Ash saw it before so why did they have him say who it was? SMH

Ash/Bianca combo, one of the best things about the B/W series. Wouldn't mind her being part of Ash's traveling company.

I was surprised Dwebble evolved in this ep. I thought it was a few eps down the road.

8/10 for this episode

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It was a good episode all in all. I found it funny that Oshawott randomly got out just to be zapped and ignored by everyone worried about how hobo-looking Pikachu looked. Also, Cilan getting a big orgasm seeing his Dwebble evolve.

I rather like this episode. What made it for me, though, was Oshawott hitting on Emolga at the Pokemon Center. It was nice to see the writers still implementing things that seemed to be forgotten.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
A good episode but the highlights for me were Ash and Bianca's clumsy moments (Out of the way, Out of the way, Out of the way :p) and Cilan's face when it was Evolution Time! He then continued to be so excited about the new move Crustle learning it just made the evolution absoutely fantastic!

Now time for a team rocket discussion. Now, they have a new plan involving electrically charged stones which are being used as an energy source, hmmm what have Zeiger got up his sleeve this time. I enjoyed the battle between TR's pokemon and the gang because we don't see them very often but once again I thought they were going to blast off but instead they fly away with a small proportion of what they tried to steal and effectively they won.

Anyway, on to the next one with the Evolution exchange! Ooooooooooo