• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crisis at Chargestone Cave! (723)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I enjoyed this episode and the fact that Cilan got himself a new pokemon. Despite the fact that I hate Bianca's endangerment of Ash, I was actually amused that there's always some fountain or body of water present for him to be knocked into.

SmartD

It was a good episode. Bianca was being funny as usual, always knocking Ash into the water. And Dwebble evolving into Crustle was neat.

TheMaster327

Minccino is unaffected by Night Shade, a Ghost-type move, and Yamask is unaffected by Swift, a Normal-type move. Why did they receive their respective damage?

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
it was a good episode and i love how when iris calls ash a kid ash was all like "okay knowitall!! u tell me what it is!' that part was my favorite... made iris feel lik S**t

G50

No longer posting
Minccino is unaffected by Night Shade, a Ghost-type move, and Yamask is unaffected by Swift, a Normal-type move. Why did they receive their respective damage?

It happens sometimes.... they won't always follow that

----

Ash's response to being smashed into the lake at the bottom of the hill was more funny than in the original version

Last edited:

Battra

It's a filler episode, TR being TR, a Pokemon evolving & learning a super effective move to win out the episode same old same old. So apparently Joltik can drain the electricity of an electric Pokemon through a Pokeball, we've seen these things take alot of abuse in the series but a single Joltik is able to harm a Pokemon through all those layers. How about a little consistency writers. Also how did Pikachu, Ash, Cilan, & Iris not notice Joltik climbing on them? Cilan makes an off hand comment about Bianca noticing a Joltik on her arm but you never noticed them.

Janovy

Banned
It's a filler episode, TR being TR, a Pokemon evolving & learning a super effective move to win out the episode same old same old.
It's not a filler episode because a Pokémon evolved.

Those rocks are also foreshadowing something.

it was a good episode and i love how when iris calls ash a kid ash was all like "okay knowitall!! u tell me what it is!' that part was my favorite... made iris feel lik S**t

Best part of the episode.

Then again, Bianca episodes don't have many good parts. *shot*

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
This episode, we had Ash finallly catch up on stuff. So proud of his progress. He calls Iris a know it all, and is getting tired of all the times that Bianca knocks him into water filled areas.

Plus this episode was really cool to have a TR plot, because their plot in the Trio episodes just went crash and burn. And they got victorious from this one.

Dwebble evolves, which was a really cool point in time to. Crustle was a beast. Cilan was in awe. ITS EVOLUTION TIME. Sadly I think that's the only time we'll get that out of Cilan.

Pikachu's face at the beginning of the episode completely scared me. Way to give us goosebumps, writers! Plus the Joltik were very cute.

gliscor&yanmega

I enjoyed the dub version, although I prefer the Japanese version of Cilan's scene when Dwebble evolved. I thought Crustle's dub voice was nice.

CupidKirby

This was an alright episode though I remember chanting in my head over and over "Please don't be team rocket...please don't be team rocket...ple-and it's team rocket" through the first few minutes. Seeing them succeed though makes me curious so I guess it wasn't that bad. I would've preferred it if the episode fooled us into thinking it was them just for the twerps to run into / solve something else, then see team rocket run off with the stones undetected.

Is it just me or did Ash's IQ go down a few notches? Not as bad as against the match with Elesa but his IQ's always been inconsistent this region I suppose; I'm no fanboy so I didn't really mind it and he was funny with Bianca anyway.

Dwebble evolving was random but I still enjoyed it. He deserves it after all those wins. I would agree with those that an episode of Dent actually struggling to train a pokemon would be interesting though I'm in no position to say that now being so behind.

CupidKirby

I don't think they were doing anything wrong. I also can't stand Ash's need to stop them from capturing WILD Pokemon. Although they should just use PokeBalls.

It's just his hero instinct telling him that taking all the wild pokemon isn't right...or something.

Now that you mention it, I really don't know.

ForgottenPearl

Man, when the episode started, I was freaked out to see poor Pikachu in such bad shape. But it was funny when they were all better and Oshawott hit on Emolga. :) And I wasn’t expecting Bianca to show up, so I got excited when she charged in and managed to get Ash wet indoors. But he deserves it for being so forgetful: using the Pokédex again on Garvantula? Really?

It was kinda nice to see Team Rocket, even in a low-stakes situation. They seemed to have traces of personality in this episode! 0_o I’m surprised Jessie didn’t catch that Joltik.

Bianca was hilarious, as usual. She was actually pretty clever at times, and I loved the line, “Aren’t I a genius? Of course I am!” :D Not to mention she managed to get Ash soaked twice. I also liked her “yippee yay!” at the end of the episode.

Dwebble’s evolution seemed kinda random to me. The stakes didn’t seem all that high, and this is the second evolution episode in a row. But Cilan getting a nerdgasm over it made it okay. :)

The animation quality often floundered, but it was a fun episode overall.

Swagsire

When I heard of Dwebble evolving a long time ago, I thought it might have been something dire but...it felt almost like it was just...there because. Its not a bad thing but, consistency is nice sometimes...Qwaa ;195;

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Man, that was creepy animation when Pikachu, Emolga, and Stunfisk were drained by the joltiks. o_O Apart from that, I did love having more of Team Rocket (especially since we wouldn't see them again for 13 episodes!), and Bianca is always a treat. :D And at least Crustle has proven to be more awesome since it evolved.

7/10