• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crisis at Chargestone Cave! (723)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I loved this episode. I liked Team Rocket's plan and it was nice to see Dwebble evolve.

I usually tell myself that it's just what Ash does when it comes to dexing Pokemon he's seen before, but even I found it just a bit stupid how he had to ask who a Pokemon was when it came to Galvantula.

I mean, he's seen it before in this very saga.

Gillachu

Banned
Lol oh look, Dwebble finally evolved and amounted to something. I thought that those Galvantula looked too harmless to seem like threats. ;)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Ha ha it was funny seeing Pikachu, Stunfisk and Emolga looking so worn out, plus we saw Bianca again and she's a joy to have around. The Galvantulas were creepy, tho the Joltiks swarming Pikachu was cute. :3

Leonhart

Imagineer
At long last, the Satoshi-tachi reached Electric Rock Cave, which was my favorite Isshu location. Watching the wild Batul army leeching electricity from Pikachu, Emonga, and Muggyo was unsettling, but I liked seeing Bel and Araragi-hakase again. Dent's Ishizumai evolving into Iwapalace was a good ending.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
D'aw, Joltik and Galvantula are so effing cute lol: I don't get tired of seeing them turn up. Bianca was insane as always and it's good that Juniper's one of the more frequently showcased professors on the show.

Alloutℯ

Banned
This was the eve of Bianca's increased competence; it's as if her desire to continue traveling after her dad tries to bring her back home has boosted her confidence that she can take care of herself.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Frankly, I didn't think that the Rocket-dan were needed here. The plot could've worked well without them by simply expanding the role of Electric Rock Cave and the wild Dentula.

Daizy

I call you honey
The way Bianca knocked out those Galvantula with those Berries was great and so was her plan to use her Xtransceiver to lure the Electric Pokemon to her. Minccino should not know Thunderbolt though.

This episode was alright. Nothing interesting really happened aside from Dwebble evolving. Bianca definitely seems a lot better in the game than her anime adaptation. I'm glad Team Rocket remembered they had Pokemon, but I'm also glad they still completed their mission somewhat. I still have no idea what the writers are trying to do with them though.

Scorbunnie

I like Chargestone Cave in the games and Galvantula is a cool little bug type but I didn't think Cilan's Dwebble deserved to evolve into Crustle and I was mad that we got a Team Rocket scheme once again instead of a Team Plasma appearance like in the games.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Scorbunnie said:
I like Chargestone Cave in the games and Galvantula is a cool little bug type but I didn't think Cilan's Dwebble deserved to evolve into Crustle and I was mad that we got a Team Rocket scheme once again instead of a Team Plasma appearance like in the games.

The Plasma-dan were being saved for later, and frankly we're lucky that we even got to see Araragi-hakase and Bel here considering that they could've easily been scrapped as well since they didn't exactly contribute much to the plot.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
A meh episode. TRio were downright mean here, and it puzzled me why the Galvantula didn't use Thunderbolt on them. Woobat's Gust being so strong against Excadrill didn't make sense, but I liked seeing Dwebble evolve into Crustle and learn Rock Wrecker.
4/10

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Cilan saved this episode to be worse than average"

Episode: 5/10