• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crisis at Ferroseed Research (742)

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Well that's because I took it as Dent knowing he shouldn't show fear during battle as it could effect his style, plus we don't know the full extent of how this paranoia over Choroneko effects Dent as he does not want to reveal what happened. Dent has yet to be in a situation like Iris was in this episode involving a Choroneko. I'm interested in Dent's fear not because of Dent, but for its mystery, making it all curious, and flashback potential.

Being able to fight a Pokémon they fear just shows a character knows they can't flinch in battle. Iris did the same when battling Langley's Tsunbear.
Well, you could say the same if you're applying things to Dento and Choroneko with Iris and Tsunbear. However Iris's situation was different, direct, in-character, and accurate.

Really though, of course Iris became afraid when she first saw Tsunbear, and of course would she still chose to go against it, even though it was an Ice-type. Did you really expect her to shy away from a challenge when the person she battles actually calls her out or talks **** and mocks her? That was Iris' defending Dragon-types, and she refused to back down - she even used her Kibago to battle because of that, and I know that Iris wouldn't have sent Axew in if she didn't think that he could win. She wouldn't let her phobia get the best of her, and thus she actually got determined and stayed for the battle. It's much different from Dento's situation, Langley's tougher and much more violent.

I still have yet to see the episode due to my shitty bandwidth at the moment, but I'm confident it was a nice development episode.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I didn't really understand the plot from looking at the photos, but any episode with Georgia is interesting. I'm glad that the Vanilluxe did end up belonging to her. One more than Stephan!

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I'm getting sick and tired of fillers!
This episode just cements that they don't have any desire to give any of my favorite pokemon star billing.
It just makes me mad. I'm sure not even Reuniclus has a fighting chance to be in the team. My only hope is faves from other regions now.

It wasn't a filler.

Are you seriously whining YET AGAIN about a pokemon you like not being caugth? that happens every now and then to EVERYONE in the freaking forum, grow up...

I wanted Zorua, Solosis, etc to be caugth they weren't **** happens, life goes on, that doesn't have any impact on me liking or not an episode or a character.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Can someone PLEASE translate what was said between Iris and Georgia in the beginning of the episode and the end?

Nothing of particular importance. Langley said she got Baivanilla specifically to beat Iris, if you consider that noteworthy, everything else was mostly just the standard banter, including Langley jokingly suggesting Iris might want to try becoming an "Ice Master" instead of a Dragon Master.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The episode didn't live up to my expectations. Georgia was condescending as usual (in other words, boring), Oshawott served no real purpose other than to be the butt of everyone's jokes, and the Ferroseed didn't get nearly as much focus as they should have gotten. I'm glad that Iris got a ton of development, but I honestly think the writers held back in terms of the actual plot of the episode. There were some other good parts, though. I liked that Stunfisk was shown again if only for 30 seconds, and Cilan managed to be likable without being shoved down our throats. Does anyone know why Oshawott liked Vanilluxe to begin with?

Nothing of particular importance. Langley said she got Baivanilla specifically to beat Iris, if you consider that noteworthy, everything else was mostly just the standard banter, including Langley jokingly suggesting Iris might want to try becoming an "Ice Master" instead of a Dragon Master.

Thanks for the translation. This actually does interest me because I don't want to wait for the dub to find out what they say. Can you translate what Iris and Georgia said to each other at the end of the episode please?

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Man this one was kinda of hard to cop with...I understood the Deino episode due to it being a Daycare, but the fact that none of the info we were given pin pointed to Georgia being the owner, this was kind of a let down. But no matter, still enjoyed the episode mainly thanks to Oshawott making a complete fool of itself most of the time XD
I don't know, if you ask me the Deino episode was the worse of the two situations both since Iris' goal is to be a Dragon Master and yet despite being given bonding time with one of Isshu's only dragon types and previews hinting towards her catching it, it ended up being as big a tease as the Swablu episode back in Hoenn. To this day I refuse to waste my time watching it. But I can understand the disappointment here as it would have been nice character development for Iris to catch the very type of pokemon she's afraid of and Iris hasn't caught anything new since Emolga, which was the only capture she's actually had the whole saga.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
The episode didn't live up to my expectations. Georgia was condescending as usual (in other words, boring), Oshawott served no real purpose other than to be the butt of everyone's jokes, and the Ferroseed didn't get nearly as much focus as they should have gotten. I'm glad that Iris got a ton of development, but I honestly think the writers held back in terms of the actual plot of the episode. There were some other good parts, though. I liked that Stunfisk was shown again if only for 30 seconds, and Cilan managed to be likable without being shoved down our throats. Does anyone know why Oshawott liked Vanilluxe to begin with?

Bscause he's a horny one.

Emolga, "Purrloin", Vanilluxe, Buneary, Meloetta...

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
So Iris got over her phobia and Ol'George has a new pokemon, okay episode.

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
That Oshawott was so funny. I think Ash's Oshawott will be the most flirtatious Ash's Pokemon!

But I think iris caught a Vanilluxe, that ice cream pokemon was belonged to Georgia!

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
That Oshawott was so funny. I think Ash's Oshawott will be the most flirtatious Ash's Pokemon!

But I think iris caught a Vanilluxe, that ice cream pokemon was belonged to Georgia!

Iris DID NOT catch the Baivanilla.

A Pokemon with an owner cannot be caught, unless it is released beforehand.

Um, could you please explain what you mean here?

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!

Well she must have read my mind because I was thinking the same thing. This is why I thought it would have been a better catch for Georgia than Iris. I'm so glad I was right. Now all she needs is another ice Pokemon and she could walk with the Ice master title if she wanted too. But I wonder why people think this was a filler. A rival catching a Pokemon is just as important as a main character catching one. It might be a huge plot device more later on or something. However, good episode. 10/10

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Gotta to say even though I do like Iris' character the episode was kind of... boring. I found the story to be somewhat unappealing. Also, I have mixed feelings with how Georgia was portrayed this week. It's nice seeing she was not as an idiot as her debut make her look, but I think her change of heart could have happened a bit later. Unlike Burgundy, who had a decent and good-paced change (IMHO), Georgia's looked a bit to fast.

Also, Oshawott's.... "Brockness" is starting to get stale...

As for the bright side, I do like how the animators drew Iris and how the writers set things up for Ash arriving at Tachiwaki. Speaking of Ash, I like his performance today, even though he barely had screentime.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
My main complaint of this episode is the fact that only Ground-types and Electric-types were effected by the moss. -_-; It was just so Iris couldn't use any of her other Pokemon and Kibago/Oshawott/Ice Cream would not be effected. I don't know, it just makes me laugh that they were there specific and it just felt a bit forced. Though that could be my feverish state talking, I'm not sure. I could be wrong on the type thing...but I think I'm right.

EDIT: This episode picked up a bit near the end. I like how there's respect for Langely. Though...did she get shorter? o.o I could have sworn she used to be a head taller than Iris

Last edited:

gohan5

Irisboy
My main complaint of this episode is the fact that only Ground-types and Electric-types were effected by the moss. -_-; It was just so Iris couldn't use any of her other Pokemon and Kibago/Oshawott/Ice Cream would not be effected. I don't know, it just makes me laugh that they were there specific and it just felt a bit forced. Though that could be my feverish state talking, I'm not sure. I could be wrong on the type thing...but I think I'm right.

EDIT: This episode picked up a bit near the end. I like how there's respect for Langely. Though...did she get shorter? o.o I could have sworn she used to be a head taller than Iris

Well yes the stones only affected Electric and Ground types, but I thought that made sense given that they're the type of Pokemon that are found around the Chargestone Cave, where the stones come from. Granted, I'm sure finding a way to get Iris to trust Vanilluxe also played a part in that decision, but it does make some sense. And honestly it was a reasonable decision, because if she hadn't tried using her Pokemon people would have complained she wasn't thinking or whatever.

She is, but like everything else, perspective and animators come into play. It's the same as how Iris and Ash are about the same size, but some episodes have her noticeably shorter.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
This was a good episode, the parts which I enjoyed about it were: Langley's interactions with all the group as well as her whole character portrayal, Mijumaru being Mijumaru, everybody managing to pitch in to sort out/fix the problem and Magyo. Because Magyo makes everything great (even with its short appearances). Also it should be obvious that Mijumaru has taken Takeshi's role as the womaniser, speaking of which; before this episode I was always under the assumption Mijumaru was into cute girls who are near his height. Though this episode managed to make Baivanilla seem cute.

Oh yeah, I guess I should mention Iris braving her fear of Ice-types..... It was simple, I guess. There wasn't a struggle or anything, just Iris stuck on a roof, about to get trapped by electric-charged moss and then Baivanilla saving everyone causing Iris to realize that maybe Ice-type Pokémon aren't so bad. I already said how Iris's Ice fear never interested me, as I didn't see it as an important part of her character which could effect her goal, so I would not care if she never overcame it. I put it in a similar league to Kasumi's phobia of Bug-type Pokémon - I tended to see it more like something done for humour. For the record, I like Iris (and I love her wild-girl persona) it's just that which I've never cared about in regards her entire character.

gohan5

Irisboy
Oh yeah, I guess I should mention Iris braving her fear of Ice-types..... It was simple, I guess. There wasn't a struggle or anything, just Iris stuck on a roof, about to get trapped by electric-charged moss and then Baivanilla saving everyone causing Iris to realize that maybe Ice-type Pokémon aren't so bad. I already said how Iris's Ice fear never interested me, as I didn't see it as an important part of her character which could effect her goal, so I would not care if she never overcame it. I put it in a similar league to Kasumi's phobia of Bug-type Pokémon- I tended to see it more like something done for humour. For the record, I do like Iris (and I love her wild-girl persona) it's just that which I never cared about regarding her whole character.

There was a struggle, I'd surely call fighting for her life quite a struggle. Besides, she didn't just outgrow it or anything, nor has it been clearly shown she has conquered this feeling around Ice-types. If anything, she was grateful for Vanilluxe's help but she still wasn't all that comfortable with it. You can see that, compared to how she's usually excited around most other Pokemon. Simple I'll give you, but really it's a short show and it's not like Iris had a tragic past with Ice types or anything, she just doesn't like the cold. It's more of a preference than a fear, that and her body and instincts are apparently somewhat affected by being around Dragon-types all her life. So yeah I think expecting anything deeper than that was really over speculating.