• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crisis at Ferroseed Research (742)

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
I forgot to add I was not surprised about the simplicity about the whole thing as it was never a deep or meaningful fear anyway.

Also I can see that Iris hasn't exactly gotten over her Ice-type Pokémon phobia, she just seems to be slightly neutral with it now.

There was a struggle, I'd surely call fighting for her life quite a struggle.
Maybe. But it wasn't some in your face/deep struggle that caught my interest, just a case of getting in trouble and being saved at a split second.

Though I guess If you look at it deeply enough you could see the possibility that Iris and the Pokémon may have suffocated to death if Baivanilla didn't do anything. But what can I say? I never look too much into what I watch and tend to mainly notice things when they are really noticeable.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I don't know - pushing away your fear in order to save yourself and your Pokémon is a pretty big development. Despite the fact Iris dislikes ice types, she didn't just keep screaming as she realized that the only way she could save herself was from overcoming it and teaming up with Langley's Pokémon. It wasn't a major development but it was development - she still has a long way to go.

Subtle or not, development is development.

And unlike many other BW characters, I'm glad that Iris belongs to those who do develop.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Also it should be obvious that Mijumaru has taken Takeshi's role as the womaniser, speaking of which; before this episode I was always under the assumption Mijumaru was into cute girls who are near his height. Though this episode managed to make Baivanilla seem cute.

Oh yeah, I was sort of mad at this. :/ I wanted Mijumaru wanting to eat the ice cream, not make love with it.

@Irisboy- Rock/Bug/Grass/Steel also live in the cave. Why not them too? I just hated how it just happened to be two of the Pokemon that Iris had. -_-; It's nothing really that major, but for some unknown reason it really ticked me off. Like I think it gave me the feeling of "Oh...well that's convenient..."

She is, but like everything else, perspective and animators come into play

"Some people lose weight when they travel but I tend to shrink! Heheheheehe"

While that's true, that was a huge difference. Normally the differences is only a by a couple of "centimeters" not almost a whole head. ^^; I think the problem I had with the epi was the small nitpicks, they just bothered me to where I started mocking it. Reminds me of the Archeops episode. I nitpicked that one too.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I forgot to add I was not surprised about the simplicity about the whole thing as it was never a deep or meaningful fear anyway.

Also I can see that Iris hasn't exactly gotten over her Ice-type Pokémon phobia, she just seems to be slightly neutral with it now.

Maybe. But it wasn't some in your face/deep struggle that caught my interest, just a case of getting in trouble and being saved at a split second.

Though I guess If you look at it deeply enough you could see the possibility that Iris and the Pokémon may have suffocated to death if Baivanilla didn't do anything. But what can I say? I never look too much into what I watch and tend to mainly notice things when they are really noticeable.
Except your ignoring the fact she got development in that episode. Struggling with your fear and showing you're afraid and being forced in an alliance with a Pokemon you fear and learning to work alongside them is a change in the character and growth for the better, also known as development.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Except your ignoring the fact she got development in that episode.
No I'm not. I'm just saying that I don't have much interest in Iris's Ice-type Pokémon fear because it doesn't seem like it would effect her goal.

gohan5

Irisboy
@Irisboy- Rock/Bug/Grass/Steel also live in the cave. Why not them too? I just hated how it just happened to be two of the Pokemon that Iris had. -_-; It's nothing really that major, but for some unknown reason it really ticked me off. Like I think it gave me the feeling of "Oh...well that's convenient..."

"Some people lose weight when they travel but I tend to shrink! Heheheheehe"

While that's true, that was a huge difference. Normally the differences is only a by a couple of "centimeters" not almost a whole head. ^^; I think the problem I had with the epi was the small nitpicks, they just bothered me to where I started mocking it. Reminds me of the Archeops episode. I nitpicked that one too.

Bug? The only bugs around the cave are Joltik/Galvantula, which are dual Electric types, so that's taken care of. Rock/Grass/Steel? Aside from the Ferroseed, there were no Pokemon of those respective types to speak of in the episode so I don't really see a problem with that either. And we could see that the Ferroseed were affected, so it's possible that other Steel types at least might have been as well. Sure it was convenient, but it also makes sense given that you can find electric and ground types in the Chargestone Cave where the stones come from. And we have already seen before how the stones affect those Pokemon living there.

Well considering nobody else seemed to notice such a discrepancy, I'd hardly call it a huge difference. I think you may be nitpicking too much on something that really doesn't matter, we all know she's taller than Iris so what's an inch or so matter? I'm sure there were people that nitpicked the last episode, but what does it matter? Just watch it.

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Always in the Iris episode threads.

What can I say about this episode? It wasn't the best of the Iris episodes but atleast she got some. I was expecting Axew to be used more here to help Axew's attacks out and to help her learn how to defend her dragon Pokemon against icy Pokemon but this turned out differently than I thought. First is Georgia. I knew she was better off with the Pokemon but what was the point of having Iris bond with it if Georgia was going to get it? But I'm happy for her. All she needs is to catch a Crygonal and she will be set. But over all this episode was abit boring. 4/10

Oshawott was adorable when it got mad, threw its scalchop on the ground, picked it up, and put it back. :3

Georgia is always great! I wish she would appear more...

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
Though...did she get shorter? o.o I could have sworn she used to be a head taller than Iris[/s]

Georgia was always among the shorter characters. Outside Ash, Trip and Iris(who are basically tied for height), Georgia is the shortest, just slighly taller than Iris... unlike Bianca, Cilan or Burgundy who are all a full head higher(or more) than these. The only other rival that is about the same height is Stephan, and he looks a lot bigger than her just because of his body shape.

DP179.jpg

Admittedly, her debut episode had her a head taller than iris at one point, then in a shot from faraway, about two heads. In short, while she was on the tall side in her first episode, her height was inconsistent with itself.

But her current, just slightly taller than Iris height has been around since her second appearance and stayed that way for every episode since.

Last edited:

DeLaw

I thought Iris was gonna catch the two headed ice cream! If Iris would catch it and Ash had his Snorlax the Vanilluxe would be dead!

I thought Iris was gonna catch the two headed ice cream! If Iris would catch it and Ash had his Snorlax the Vanilluxe would be dead!

You thought she was going to catch it even though it already belonged to Georgia?

And about Snorlax, that's kind of obvious. Snorlax never loses without killing something. -_-

G50

No longer posting
I didn't like this episode very much... It was funny watching Axew run away from Vanilluxe in fear as Vanilluxe kept chasing him. Iris was really able to work well together with Vanilluxe, even though she belonged to Georgia. It was nice to see both Stunfisk and Pignite help to stop the Ferroseed. Vanilluxe was very funny when she sprayed Oshawott when he kept chasing her.

30/100

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Oshawott throwing its scalchop in frustration and then ambling over to pick it up again was comic gold.

I personally very much enjoyed this episode. Iris bonding with ice types, who would've guessed?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I love the fact that Iris and Georgia are becoming closer and they hate it.
They really are going to become best friends by the end aren't they?

I love the fact that Iris and Georgia are becoming closer and they hate it.
They really are going to become best friends by the end aren't they?

No, Georgia just wants a real rival out of Iris, that's why she wants Iris to get stronger, so she can crush her and claim she beat a powerful dragon trainer. They're not going to end up as friends, but most likely rivals who respect each other at the end (like Ash and Paul).

WaterShuriken

No, Georgia just wants a real rival out of Iris, that's why she wants Iris to get stronger, so she can crush her and claim she beat a powerful dragon trainer. They're not going to end up as friends, but most likely rivals who respect each other at the end (like Ash and Paul).

I don't know, that scene was interesting.

WaterShuriken

What scene is that?

Where Iris and Georgia talk about how Iris should become an Ice Master instead as she worked well with Vanilluxe, but Iris says no. She tells Georgia that she feels embarrassed being saved an Ice-type, and tells Georgia to thank Vanilluxe for her and smiles. Georgia seems like she's about to smile but holds her self back and leaves.