1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Crisis at Ferroseed Research (742)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, May 31, 2012.

1. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

She wasn't about to smile, but more or less shocked that iris wanted to say thanks to something she was scared of (an ice type). Like I said, the end result will probably be them respecting each other a lot, but a friendship is unlikely considering they LOVE to tease each other.

2. DeLaw

DeLaw Active Member

I can't wait till this comes out in the U.S.A.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  3. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

Thay arent getting closer, she just is more respectful a slight. That doesn't mean she still doesn't want to crush her.

4. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

Finished watching the episode, it gave me what I wanted to see from Iris and Georgia, not on the level I wanted but having the two working together a little here and focusing on a serious issue instead of hating on each other was nice to see.

Poor Ferroseed, causing all these problems yet it's not their fault, and they have to get hit with a Flamerthrower, it's not easy being used to make Moss D:

5. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

I agree. Seeing rivals in an episode or two working together shows that they can respect each other without acting like little kids that they can get distracted too much. Plus a capture is good as well.

6. Sparkleo

Sparkleo Low on power...

Iris! Didn't you hear a word Cilan just said?!

Arceus. You're such a little kid!

7. Raptor_Crow

Raptor_Crow I lied to you all

From this it was thought Iris was starting to get slightly better around Ice-types (still fearing them though) however it turns out that was not the case. Iris still fears Ice-type Pokémon the way she always did as shown in later episodes, it wasn't neutralized slightly. What happened was Iris got over her fear of Georgia's Vanilluxe in order to escape a dangerous situation. And you know Iris doesn't need to get over her fear of Ice-types (except when in a critical situation) as it doesn't effect her goal as a Dragon Master. It's mainly in battles when Iris doesn't let her phobia of Ice-type Pokémon get to her.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  8. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Georgia should invest in a mamoswine.

9. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

It's a good episode. Iris cooperates with Ice-types when she was dealing with the out of control Ferroseed. Maybe she will learn to get along with them better later on.

10. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

Was that Christopher R. Sabat as the guy who owned the lab?

11. Trainer Frankie

Trainer Frankie Nostalgia.

While I get anime=/= game, thought it was weird that ferroseed created such a troublesome moss from the rocks from their habitat. I mean, why wasn't this moss problem at Chargestone when they were there with Juniper?

12. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

Because the moss comes from the Ferroseed's spikes, not the chargestone rocks.

13. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

I liked this episode, since I already saw it.

-This is actually one of the few episodes where Oshawott made me laugh.
    -I loved how Iris commanded Vanilluxe.

14. Trainer Frankie

Trainer Frankie Nostalgia.

Yes...if where they are found has the same rocks and ferroseed launch their spikes, then why wasn't this a problem at Chargestone?

15. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

A fine episode. It's good to see Iris and Georgia cooperate with each other for a bit. I also found it funny when Oshawott moved his scalchop and then get shocked. And Iris and Georgia saying "What a kick!" was hilarious.

16. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Huh.. good question.

17. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

Maybe Ferroseed don't usually attach to Chargestones, only regular stones.

18. (P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N) AshXSerena = Canon

I thought this was a great episode, nice to see that there is a different side to georgia, and i literally lol'd when stunfisk appeared.

19. Banana Knight Arthur

Banana Knight Arthur NEGATIVE MINUS

This was a lackluster episode. It doesn't help that her Ice Cream cone never properly battles.

The saving grace was the momentary flashing appearance of Chaobuu/Pigknight

20. Orton155

Orton155 Pokemon Enthusiast

It was an interesting battle learning about the Ferroseed's moss but I'm intrugued how the moss increases a pokemon' stats. Maybe it has a similar effect vitamins have on pokemon.

It was also nice to see Iris improving her relationships with Ice types even though in the end it wasn't much of a step forward. I was thinking throughout the episode that Iris might get Vanilluxe but when I thought about it again, Georgia would never give a pokemon to Iris due to their rivalry.

Anyway, onto Virbank City. I'm really excited about the prospect for some reason.