1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Crisis at Ferroseed Research (742)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, May 31, 2012.

1. Charizard-Fan

Charizard-Fan Star Wars fan

I think better question is this: How does Iris expect to become a Dragon Master if she barely trains her Axew? Of course her ice phobia is also a bad thing, though.
    About Iris diminishing ice phobia in this episode, I don't think so. I think she's now somewhat less scared of Ice types and can work with them if she has to, but I doubt her is ice phobia is entirely gone.

2. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Nice to see Georgia be helpful for once instead of being the antagonist of the episode. She's still my second-least favorite Unova rival (ahead of only Trip), but she's growing on me a little, and this episode at least showed a different side to her character. I think her best scenes are when she shares the screen with Burgundy during competitions, though.

I also like the vanilluxe going after Axew, Iris getting saved by an ice-type, and Iris showing that Ash isn't the only one capable of having a dumbbell moment. I mean, seriously, Iris, send out your only ground and only electric type when those are the ones getting sick?

8/10

Jerimiyah likes this.
  3. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

This episode was great. My favorite part was Oshawott falling in love with the ice cream Pokemon. It's cool Georgia owns one now.

4. NPT

NPT Just a member

This episode was cool, it's funny when Oshawott fell in love with Georgia's Vanilluxe.

Iris and Georgia both got good character development in this episode and it made me like Iris and Georgia's rivalry. I liked the interactions between Gerogia and the other characters too.
    Gerogia is a better rival than Burgundy in my opinion.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  5. Now I want to see the moss that Ferroseed produce become some kind of power-up item in the games.
    However, then they would seem redundant with the other items that do the same thing, I suppose.

6. Disaster_Lord

Disaster_Lord Sad Bayleef is Sad.

There is a special Moss item obtained in a cave via object shatter.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  7. JudySpell

JudySpell Banned

Iris getting some attention was fine but I didn't like the plot itself and Oshawott liking Georgia's Vanilluxe was just plain silly. 5/10

8. Gillachu

Gillachu Banned

Lol at Oshawott's shell reflecting Pikachu's attack. Iris hanging out with her enemy's Pokemon was random, but I liked Vanilluxe. :cool:

9. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

It was funny when Georgia's Vanilluxe scared Axew ha ha. The Ferroseed moss stuff growing out of control was a cool plot point, plus seeing Iris and Vanilluxe work as a team was interesting given her phobia. ^^

10. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

Langley coming back was a nice treat, although why she had a Bivanilla now when she already had a Tunbear as her main Pokemon for beating Dragon-types was beyond me. I wasn't too fond of the Tesseed moss plot, but I did enjoy watching Mijumaru falling in love with Bivanilla and how he was with Iris.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  11. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

So Iris got over her fear of Georgia's Vanilluxe in order to escape a dangerous situation. It was also good to see Iris and Georgia cooperate with each other for a bit. I also found it funny when Oshawott moved his Scalchop and then get shocked. :p

12. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

The episode also had the debut of the only medicine in the history of Pokemon to ever not have absolute immediate effect, leaving Pikachu to sit in a dazed state most of the episode - the delivery of some of the lines where Ash was worrying about Pikachu could have been better, it almost sounded like he was angry at Pikachu for taking so long to recover.

13. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Eh, he was stressed out, so he sounded forceful on purpose. That, and Sarah can't emote or set her tone correctly to save her life. :/

14. Leonhart

If the Bivanilla hadn't been owned by Langley already, I would've been enthralled to have seen Iris capture it in the end since it was the first Ice-type that she got along with.

15. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

Nice to see Georgia again and thank god that Vanilluxe stayed with Georgia. It seems Oshawott will flirt with anything that moves. Maybe Vanilluxe's tendency to wink had something to do with his infatuation.

16. Leonhart

I think Mijumaru was just attracted to Baivanilla for whatever strange reason. At first I thought that maybe he liked ice cream and that he thought Baivanilla looked delicious, but then I realized that he was literally crushing on the poor thing and it became a bit disturbing.