• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crisis at Ferroseed Research (742)

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Great episode, especially in regards to character development between Iris and Georgia, not to mention Iris' phobia being overcome.

But alot of fans are doubtlessly hating it because "BOOOOO! NO CAPTURE! IRIS SHOULD HAVE CAUGHT THAT POKEMON THAT WASN'T HER'S, JUST LIKE SHE SHOULD HAVE WITH DEINO!"

Ugh, you people...... -_-

AceFlonne

Mediator
Too bad that Vanniluxe is Langley's,If it's wild then Iris should capture it but nonetheless it was good development for Iris

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
This was a good episode. Nice to see Iris start to get over her Ice-type phobia. Now I'll just laugh to myself with all the speculation being ruined within the first second of the episode. XDDD

But omg STUNFISK. XD

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Alright! I won yet another bet. I'm so happy for Georgia. Vanillilux seems like a perfect fot for her. Plus it makes sense for her goal for Dragon busting. Who konws she might become the next Prima/Lorelei.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
I have yet to see this episode, but I'm looking forward to the interactions Langley has between the group as well as seeing some Magyo. As for Iris managing to brave her fear over Ice-types, uh.... that didn't really interest me. Don't get me wrong, it's great that she did, but I have never had any interest in Iris's Ice-type fear as it's not a fear which effects her in a serious way, she's just scared of them because the Dragon type has rubbed off on her. Iris could still become a Dragon Master while still having that fear and we know she's capable of battling Ice-type Pokémon when she has to.

It's got nothing to with Iris's character, it's just me preferring deeper development episodes with a flashback and such. That is why I loved the episode were Doryuzu starts obeying Iris again because it contained most of what I liked in a development episode- A flashback, an emotional scene, Iris learning from her mistakes, etc. Iris's fear of Ice-type Pokemon I always saw it as more like something done for entertainment (like Kasumi's fear of Bug-type Pokémon). So well done to Iris managing to conquer her fear, but I never found it an important part of her character.

Last edited:
Now I'll just laugh to myself with all the speculation being ruined within the first second of the episode. XDDD

There's no need to cross something out when it's true.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
*chuckle* I had a very strong feeling Iris wasn't going to catch Vanilluxe and it belonged to Georgia.

Woo, my instincts were right for a change.

Happy too see the gang's pokemon.

Emolga, Excadrill, Pignite, Stunfisk, Beartic...

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
As for Iris managing to brave her fear over Ice-types, uh.... that didn't really interest me. Don't get me wrong, it's great that she did, but I have never had any interest in Iris's Ice-type fear as it's not a fear which effects her in a serious way, she's just scared of them because the Dragon type has rubbed off on her. Iris could still become a Dragon Master while still having that fear and we know she's capable of battling Ice-type Pokémon when she has to.
I get what you mean in a way, but you never brought up Dento's Chroneko fear not bring him down during his episode :/ It's not Iris's fault her fear & rival are used as character development and not comedy in the same way Cabernet and Dento's Choroneko fear is. Development is development, and I'd take that over stagnating any day to be honest :/

I told you guys a capture wasn't likely, but you're lucky I'm not the type to rub things in.

Can anyone please translate what Iris and Georgia said to each other at the end of the episode?

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Mijumaru really is the new Takeshi, although his taste in girls is weird. I thought he liked cute ones, or maybe Mijumaru just really loves ice cream.

I have to wonder if this episode will slowly start the potential of more appearances from Magyo. What? I'm not good at talking about episode plots.

I get what you mean in a way, but you never brought up Dento's Chroneko fear not bring him down during his episode :/
Well that's because I took it as Dent knowing he shouldn't show fear during battle as it could effect his style, plus we don't know the full extent of how this paranoia over Choroneko effects Dent as he does not want to reveal what happened. Dent has yet to be in a situation like Iris was in this episode involving a Choroneko. I'm interested in Dent's fear not because of Dent, but for its mystery, making it all curious, and flashback potential.

Being able to fight a Pokémon they fear just shows a character knows they can't flinch in battle. Iris did the same when battling Langley's Tsunbear.

Also there is the fact that I was more interested in the Pokémon Sommelier plot as I had a feeling the reason for Dent's Choroneko fear wouldn't be revealed in that ep. The only thing I was expecting from the Choroneko that I would like was seeing Dent freak out as we haven't seen it for a while.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

you're lucky I'm not the type to rub things in.

I told you guys a capture wasn't likely,

...Well that doesn't sound contradicting at all. Iris had a likely enough chance of getting it, it wasn't 100% confirmed, but it wasn't 0% to 5% that she would get it either. Doesn't really matter now, she didn't get it.

...Well that doesn't sound contradicting at all. Iris had a likely enough chance of getting it, it wasn't 100% confirmed, but it wasn't 0% to 5% that she would get it either. Doesn't really matter now, she didn't get it.

When you put all the pieces together, it showed it wasn't likely. Most people just didn't want to believe it. I'm just happy all this speculation is over.

DMerle

Guess who's back
Since it's not long away, my predictions for the ep: Oshawott learns ice beam, Georgia is revealed to have captured a Vanilluxe.

Well, i was write on 1 of the 2, shame i couldn't of gotten the first one right too, good ep though.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Man this one was kinda of hard to cop with...I understood the Deino episode due to it being a Daycare, but the fact that none of the info we were given pin pointed to Georgia being the owner, this was kind of a let down. But no matter, still enjoyed the episode mainly thanks to Oshawott making a complete fool of itself most of the time XD

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
haha love how after weeks of people speculating and filtering through future scans for signs of the Ice cream, or even theories as to why it might be absent, the whole thing gets debunked within the first minute. Brilliant!
Looked like a good episode but bit hard to follow from the pictures alone. Love how Pignite just appeared and saved the day. Glad the sumo pig is not getting the Grotle treatment and is actually doing stuff.

dman_dustin

She didn't bond, she simply cooperated with it.

Where the hell did you see bond? WHERE?

Had this been a capture episode, Vanilluxe was wild, then clearly all that we saw would've been bonding moments.

Your only saying there were no bonding moments because simply because Vanilluxe belonged to Georgia. And implying trainer CAN'T bond with their rival's Pokemon. Because bonding CAN only be done when the Pokemon is wild.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Well that's because I took it as Dent knowing he shouldn't show fear during battle as it could effect his style, plus we don't know the full extent of how this paranoia over Choroneko effects Dent as he does not want to reveal what happened. Dent has yet to be in a situation like Iris was in this episode involving a Choroneko. I'm interested in Dent's fear not because of Dent, but for its mystery, making it all curious, and flashback potential.

I dunno Raptor. I think Dento's allergic to Purrloin hair and he sneezed all over his guests. jk jk

But yeah, Dento has more mystery to his plot, though, I was hoping we'd get to see why Iris was afraid of Ice-types a little deeper but I wouldn't mind if they had the dramatic phobias reasoning be with Dento as he needs something deep xD Iris already had hers...