• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crisis at Ferroseed Research (742)

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
i realized that icirus city is the town that i live in, since its the same place on the unova map and the new york state map... wow, and yay sooo happy to see georgia!! good episode

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Maybe Ferroseed don't usually attach to Chargestones, only regular stones.
I did forget that chragestones were the floating rocks...but still, even if it happened once with the speed it was happening in this episode, wouldn't it also cause a problem? I guess factors like location and other pokémon in the area might have something to do with it. Guess I wish they just thought about this a little more?

ricedonut

pringle user
Am I the only person who thought it was really wierd how ferroseed was pronounced? I thought it was FER-oh-seed

SlimeStack

It wasn't bad for a filler episode. I liked Oshawott.

Admittedly I am a little bitter because this episode is in the way of the Virbank City episodes and season 2!

Actually what is season 2 called in the dub? I don't really get the English seasons. As far as I'm concerned BW001-BW084 is one series, not two. :S

Yes...if where they are found has the same rocks and ferroseed launch their spikes, then why wasn't this a problem at Chargestone?

I don't think the Ferroseed are found in the chargestone cave, they just collected the stones that had some moss already on it. Then they tested the Ferroseed with it to see how they would react.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I don't think the Ferroseed are found in the chargestone cave, they just collected the stones that had some moss already on it. Then they tested the Ferroseed with it to see how they would react.
Bu-but...that IS where they're found. O.O

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Actually what is season 2 called in the dub? I don't really get the English seasons. As far as I'm concerned BW001-BW084 is one series, not two. :S

It's apparently still Rival Destinies.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
No, I don't believe anything was said about the Ferroseed actually being found in the chargestone save, that's just where they got the stones from, which had traces of moss on it.
Ferroseed are foun in Chargestone Cave. Maybe those weren't, but they are found there. The moss is caused by ferroseed, any ferroseed from what I gather, launching their spikes. So if ferroseed are found in that cave with the same rocks and ferroseed launch spikes to create moss, than why wasn't there a problem at Chargestone?

Ferroseed are foun in Chargestone Cave. Maybe those weren't, but they are found there. The moss is caused by ferroseed, any ferroseed from what I gather, launching their spikes. So if ferroseed are found in that cave with the same rocks and ferroseed launch spikes to create moss, than why wasn't there a problem at Chargestone?

The stones are brought in to do experiments, and the episode said nothing about Ferroseed being found in chargestone cave. The guy said they were excited to work with the chargestones because they wanted to see how the Ferroseed would react, implying that the Ferroseed have never touched the Chargestones before.

So while you can find Ferroseed in normal caves, this episode pretty much told us that they aren't in the chargestone cave.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a pretty good episode. I liked Oshowott's moments as well as Iris and Georgie bonding a bit. Also to note that I've been mispronouncing Ferroseed's name all this time. :p

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Wow... Oshawatt falling in love with a deformed siamese Ice Cream Cone... Just when you thought you've seen it all... Still watin for Dawn to return...

dman_dustin

The stones are brought in to do experiments, and the episode said nothing about Ferroseed being found in chargestone cave. The guy said they were excited to work with the chargestones because they wanted to see how the Ferroseed would react, implying that the Ferroseed have never touched the Chargestones before.

So while you can find Ferroseed in normal caves, this episode pretty much told us that they aren't in the chargestone cave.

I kind of agree with you but maybe it would be better worded to say that these researchers don't know the effect of chargestones involving these specific Ferroseed. But that's not to say that there aren't Ferroseed out there that have adapted to feed on Chargestones because they are from chargestone cave but these specific Ferroseed aren't from Chargestone Cave.

[Next paragraph not directly responded to anyone in particular]
And I would think that this problem doesn't exist in Chargestone cave for the simple fact that those Ferroseed have adapted to the chargestones. See it's like taking Ferroseed who have never "fed" on Chargestones and then throwing in something completely foreign to them like chargestones, and expecting no problems to occur, and when it does your like "Huh? What? Why? What about Chargestone Cave?" It just doesn't work, because these Ferroseed aren't from Chargestone Cave, so you can't bring up chargestone cave, and any potential problems chargestone cave might have. Perhaps maybe if you introduce a whole bunch of Ferroseed to Chargestone cave when they don't originate there, then maybe then there'd be a problem. But that is not at all the case here.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ash: Talk about things getting out of control!

And this line coming before the actual disaster.

Kind of a creepy episode. With the electric moss growing due to Oshawott's water, I'm pretty sure Unova would've been totalled if it reached the sewers...

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Not a bad episode at all. Glad to see Georgia as always. Oshawott falling in deep love for the Vanilluxe was hilarious. xD Them hearts in his eyes were so cute.

And yes, i also though it was pronounced "Fare-oh-seed". Gah, I give up on pronunciations now. "Fur-ah-seed" sounds better than what I had originally intended the name to sound.

Also, I think this is the start of Iris getting compfortable with Ice types around. Although it's no surprise if she would still be frightened; this episode didn't totally zap her out of her Icephobia.

Battra

Very nice episode. It's really nice to Georgia actually getting some nice development, and not bring her in just to argue with Iris, we actually get to see her be I guess normal trainer. Also great to see Iris getting paired with Vanilluxe inorder to lessen her ice phobia, who knows maybe we'll actually see her catch an Ice type later in the series in order to be a better Dragon master.

Blessed

An okay filler episode, I got a laugh at Georgia calling Iris a kid. Her having Ice types was a smart idea only because Iris is afraid of them. Though how does Iris expect to become a Dragon master if shes scared of them? Its a little ridic and she might as well quit. Did working with Vanilluxe diminish her ice phobia though? It was left rather ambiguous in the end.