• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crisis at Ferroseed Research (742)

Charizard-Fan

Star Wars fan
An okay filler episode, I got a laugh at Georgia calling Iris a kid. Her having Ice types was a smart idea only because Iris is afraid of them. Though how does Iris expect to become a Dragon master if shes scared of them? Its a little ridic and she might as well quit. Did working with Vanilluxe diminish her ice phobia though? It was left rather ambiguous in the end.

I think better question is this: How does Iris expect to become a Dragon Master if she barely trains her Axew? Of course her ice phobia is also a bad thing, though.
About Iris diminishing ice phobia in this episode, I don't think so. I think she's now somewhat less scared of Ice types and can work with them if she has to, but I doubt her is ice phobia is entirely gone.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Nice to see Georgia be helpful for once instead of being the antagonist of the episode. She's still my second-least favorite Unova rival (ahead of only Trip), but she's growing on me a little, and this episode at least showed a different side to her character. I think her best scenes are when she shares the screen with Burgundy during competitions, though.

I also like the vanilluxe going after Axew, Iris getting saved by an ice-type, and Iris showing that Ash isn't the only one capable of having a dumbbell moment. I mean, seriously, Iris, send out your only ground and only electric type when those are the ones getting sick?

8/10

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This episode was great. My favorite part was Oshawott falling in love with the ice cream Pokemon. It's cool Georgia owns one now.

NPT

Just a member
This episode was cool, it's funny when Oshawott fell in love with Georgia's Vanilluxe.

Iris and Georgia both got good character development in this episode and it made me like Iris and Georgia's rivalry. I liked the interactions between Gerogia and the other characters too.
Gerogia is a better rival than Burgundy in my opinion.

Last edited:
Now I want to see the moss that Ferroseed produce become some kind of power-up item in the games.
However, then they would seem redundant with the other items that do the same thing, I suppose.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Now I want to see the moss that Ferroseed produce become some kind of power-up item in the games.
However, then they would seem redundant with the other items that do the same thing, I suppose.

There is a special Moss item obtained in a cave via object shatter.

JudySpell

Banned
Iris getting some attention was fine but I didn't like the plot itself and Oshawott liking Georgia's Vanilluxe was just plain silly. 5/10

Gillachu

Banned
Lol at Oshawott's shell reflecting Pikachu's attack. Iris hanging out with her enemy's Pokemon was random, but I liked Vanilluxe. :cool:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was funny when Georgia's Vanilluxe scared Axew ha ha. The Ferroseed moss stuff growing out of control was a cool plot point, plus seeing Iris and Vanilluxe work as a team was interesting given her phobia. ^^

Leonhart

Imagineer
Langley coming back was a nice treat, although why she had a Bivanilla now when she already had a Tunbear as her main Pokemon for beating Dragon-types was beyond me. I wasn't too fond of the Tesseed moss plot, but I did enjoy watching Mijumaru falling in love with Bivanilla and how he was with Iris.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
So Iris got over her fear of Georgia's Vanilluxe in order to escape a dangerous situation. It was also good to see Iris and Georgia cooperate with each other for a bit. I also found it funny when Oshawott moved his Scalchop and then get shocked. :p

Alloutℯ

Banned
The episode also had the debut of the only medicine in the history of Pokemon to ever not have absolute immediate effect, leaving Pikachu to sit in a dazed state most of the episode - the delivery of some of the lines where Ash was worrying about Pikachu could have been better, it almost sounded like he was angry at Pikachu for taking so long to recover.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
the delivery of some of the lines where Ash was worrying about Pikachu could have been better, it almost sounded like he was angry at Pikachu for taking so long to recover.

Eh, he was stressed out, so he sounded forceful on purpose. That, and Sarah can't emote or set her tone correctly to save her life. :/

Leonhart

Imagineer
If the Bivanilla hadn't been owned by Langley already, I would've been enthralled to have seen Iris capture it in the end since it was the first Ice-type that she got along with.

Daizy

I call you honey
Nice to see Georgia again and thank god that Vanilluxe stayed with Georgia. It seems Oshawott will flirt with anything that moves. Maybe Vanilluxe's tendency to wink had something to do with his infatuation.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
It seems Oshawott will flirt with anything that moves. Maybe Vanilluxe's tendency to wink had something to do with his infatuation.

I think Mijumaru was just attracted to Baivanilla for whatever strange reason. At first I thought that maybe he liked ice cream and that he thought Baivanilla looked delicious, but then I realized that he was literally crushing on the poor thing and it became a bit disturbing.

vondecayle

So despite Georgia claiming she caught Vanilluxe to defeat Iris, she never actually used it in a battle against her or anyone. At least Iris learned in this episode that ice type pokemon aren’t bad.