• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- ***No Spoilers***

stardust

I'm Mega Man!!!
I saw one thread on this, but it was dead. So anyone have (or gonna get it) this game? I got it the day it came out, and haven't stopped playing much since. I love the graphics and the sound. Fighting system is more my style, although I know some people wanted the old system. It's easy to pick up. Great game for psp I must say. Although some Rpg fans may not get past the real time combat.

Zora

perpetually tired
Eh, its okay. Story is interesting, a tad cliche though. The gameplay is just bleh. Just another hack'n'slash.

I don't want an old system per se, I just don't want a game that is a mindless hack'n'slash

Zora

perpetually tired
You mean like what every real time RPG is?

No, I mean others may involve strategy... Or you need to keep your distance or focus strategy. In CC you can just mash the X button to win virtually every fight, and with boss fights you just need to make sure to heal from time to time. There is no strategy to it...

stardust

I'm Mega Man!!!
Hack'n'slash a little. Not a big deal, with all the spells and stuff I didnt think it got boring. I would say it is one of the better games Psp has to offer. Wouldnt you guys?

Btw x button hardly works once you get to the harder guys.

Zora

perpetually tired
Hack'n'slash a little. Not a big deal, with all the spells and stuff I didnt think it got boring. I would say it is one of the better games Psp has to offer. Wouldnt you guys?

Btw x button hardly works once you get to the harder guys.

Eh, I would rather play Tales of Phantasia or Eternia (and later when I get it, Destiny II) over Crisis Core.

stardust

I'm Mega Man!!!
Well obviously it brings different gamers to the game. I like rpg's but I wouldn't say they are my favorite. I personally like hack'n'slash style games.

stardust

I'm Mega Man!!!
I have only played a little of FFVII. After playing CC I will be looking for VII everywhere. Although everywhere I see it, it's pretty dang expensive. I think it would be sweet if they just re made it for psp.

Haku<>Havok

Merc with a Mouth
I think it would be sweet if they just re made it for psp.

Don't worry... Square is all about exploiting FFVII these days... I guess after the remake on PS3 you'll get it on PSP... and every other system...

I didn't like CC too much, while real time RPGs might be hack&slash, the game didn't do something new, it became repetitive real fast as most spells do exactly the same damage and most of the time you just press the same button over and over and over until the fight is over...

The graphics were great, but I hated getting a cutscene every time I opened a door, same goes for the modulating phase, it breaks up the action and rythm. The music is less than spectacular, I remember one of the things that got me into videogames was the booming sounds of FFT... in CC, the music is not bad just not memorable.

Overall I think Square played it safe this time. Most people would overlook Crisis Core if it didn't have the words "Final Fantasy" in the title.

I played some of it the other day.
It was the Japanese version my friend imported, so I could only understand bits and peices of it from what I knew from class, but I could tell Zach was a total dweeb. I got maybe an hour from it. The game play wasn't horrible, it looked nice, and once I figured out how to do magic, it got a bit more interesting. Besides that, with the whole thing being in Japanese, the revolving wheel face thing confused the hell out of me.
Also, Sephiroth is probly enough to bring the fangirls back.
But it had Yuffie in the first like... 45 minutes. That's bad.
I wouldn't mind playing it in English, but I'm not buying A PSP for it.

iluvwobbuffet

WOBBBUFFFFFET!!! XD
I just bought it today, and I'm not very far yet.

I can say though, to me, it's like playing Kingdom Hearts all over again. Zack is just as korny as Sora, lol.

=^_^=

The Burnt Shadow

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
It's an okay game. The part I liked the most were when you summon monsters. Rather than using the normal gameplay graphics, they use the nice movie graphics...

Glajummy

Why so S E R I O U S
Trust me, it is awesome. It starts off a little slow, but eventually draws you into a compelling story.

Played it a while ago, even though the game was a bit short. The combat system was pretty easy to handle, especially towards the end of the game when I got the Lv3 magics and I just spammed then all and the DMW. However...like any other RPG nowadays, it's easy to predict all of the bosses and the storyline.