• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crisis From The Underground Up! (708)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Max was around longer but I see Tracey as more of an important role, probably just for the fact he's a trainer.

Its not like Tracey really used his pokemon for anything. The only battles he ever had was against Team Rocket, and even then it was only like twice.

Haunter ゴースト

Its not like Tracey really used his pokemon for anything. The only battles he ever had was against Team Rocket, and even then it was only like twice.

Yeah I won't disagree, I just preferred Tracey, although he did release them plenty of times not just to battle.

There was only so much the writers could do with Max and that was try and get the audience to sympathise over him having no Pokemon imo, which was made quite clear in Jirachi Wish Maker and the Deoxy episodes.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
For the record, Oak said Tracey was, "doing well," and that's about the extent of it in this episode.

I find it funny they didn't show him though.

kmyeakel

Re: High-Speed! Battle Subway! Part One (708)

I still think Meowth is still a traitor. Can't believed he turned bad this time. I think it was a plan for Jessie and James to deal the trains while Meowth was with Ash when Meowth was fired from Team Rocket for 4 episodes. I think that they were planning this a whole time.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So Cilan is a bit of a train expert? Why am I not surprised that he got tons of focus here? Anyway, this was actually an interesting episode. Emmet and Ingo looked a lot more human than they do in their official artwork. I almost died when Ash was talking to Professor Oak over the phone: I really missed him. Learning that Meowth was still with Team Rocket was something that I had expected, but it still made me sad. Overall, this was a fun episode, and it actually made me appreciate the Subway Bosses.

Azvee

Why Meowth, why? I knew this was going to happen, but why? This just broke my heart a little....

BlueMage

I'm really disappointed in the way they handled Meowth's betrayal, really. Of course I saw this coming, but I was hoping Meowth would feel at least a little remorse from betraying the group. If Meowth didn't gain any character development from travelling with Ash and co., then it was all a huge waste of time and the writers shouldn't have even bothered with this "story arc".

I'm really disappointed in the way they handled Meowth's relevation, really. Of course I saw this coming, but I was hoping Meowth would feel at least a little remorse from betraying the group. If Meowth didn't gain any character development from travelling with Ash and co., then it was all a huge waste of time and the writers shouldn't have even bothered.

Of course not. Why would he feel remorse?

BlueMage

I was hoping that Meowth travelling with the group for four episodes would at least rub off on him.

I just thought this was a really cheap and lazy move by the writers. I think we all saw this coming, but Meowth seemed genuinely nice and changed and it was just really cheap for him to suddenly go all "lol fooled ya". Those four episodes of travelling with the group were all for nothing and he didn't learn anything.

I'm well aware the Pokemon anime isn't known for taking risks, but I was really hoping for something to come out of this and am just really disappointed with the way it played out.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I also was hoping for a moment were Meowth could probably screw up for remorse, like when the kids were in danger do something, I'm fine with how it went but the remorse would be cool.

Azvee

I was hoping that Meowth travelling with the group for four episodes would at least rub off on him.

I just thought this was a really cheap and lazy move by the writers. I think we all saw this coming, but Meowth seemed genuinely nice and changed and it was just really cheap for him to suddenly go all "lol fooled ya". Those four episodes of travelling with the group were all for nothing and he didn't learn anything.

I'm well aware the Pokemon anime isn't known for taking risks, but I was really hoping for something to come out of this and am just really disappointed with the way it played out.

I know. Everyone knew this was coming, so the writers could have tried to add more too it. This just seemed so underdeveloped and exactly what we were expecting.

Also quick question, is this going to become one of those things that is never spoken of or mentioned again?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I know. Everyone knew this was coming, so the writers could have tried to add more too it. This just seemed so underdeveloped and exactly what we were expecting.

Also quick question, is this going to become one of those things that is never spoken of or mentioned again?

Why would it? I bet the little kiddos believe it, a lot of grown *** men and women belive it here in the forum.

BlueMage

Ayzee said:

Sure is looking like it. Ash and co. are going to go back to being enemies with Meowth and pretend like Meowth never traveled with them or pretended to be their friend.

It's just so utterly pointless. It's obvious people weren't going to buy the whole thing, so the least they could have done is at least surprise us. Have Meowth rejoin Team Rocket, but at least let him feel some sort of sympathy for the twerps. Or at least be more emotional and reluctant about joining back.

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Today...the Subway Masters are on high alert! TR is messing around with a train! And the announcer is...oh wait, this is a recap of the Subway Master scenes from past eps/preview of these eps.
-The twerps are finally at Nimbasa City! Now the forums will have to find something new to complain about!
-The twerps are excited...but Meowth is tired. And I think he just asked to be taken to the Pokemon Center? Well, whatever he asked, Iris volunteered Ash to do it.
-Ash argues, but then his stomach growls, leading to the usual Iris mockery. And Dento...is REALLY EXCITED to go. Why is that? Well...he leads everyone directly to the subway!
-Ash is still grumpy about being led to neither food nor a gym battle, but Dento is just so excited because TRAINSTRAINSTRAINSOMGTRAINS they can ride the train to the Pokemon Center.
-And for the first time, Iris calls Dento a kid. ...kind of hard to argue against that, when Dento's getting all hyper because TRAAAAIIIINSSSS he's a Metro Sommelier(no, not THAT kind of metro. Although I guess he technically would qualify as that other kind...).
-Since when does Dento have a camera? Or is he SO GODDAMNED EXCITED ABOUT TRAINS that he materialized one from nowhere?
-OH GOD THAT FACE
-OH GOD THAT OTHER FACE
-IT'S SUBWAY TIME!
-IT'S ALSO I SHOULD STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS TIME!
-Iris continues to be less-than-amused at Dento's antics. And...well, I AM amused by them, but then again, I'm not the one who has to deal with a...grown man? teenager? How old is Dento anyway?...spazzing out over trains.
-Dento starts sperging out about trains(complete with conductor hat!), which really just confuses Ash and Iris further.
-Haha, even ASH looks like he's had enough of Dento's obsessive bullshit.
-Dento is STILL going on and on about trains, but Ash is hungry dammit.
-And then Meowth drags Dento away while Dento basically goes BUT TRAAAAIIIIINNNSSSS 8(.
-...did they just use an outline of Dento's bowtie as a scene transition?
-Now that everyone's actually on the train...well...um...uh...yeah.
-Haha, a little kid is pointing at Dento while her mom(and some other random woman) stare nervously at the strange man who's way too excited to be on a subway train. And Iris is just plain embarassed.
-Ash finally gets a peek at what Dento was looking at...it's apparently a computer controller for the subway train!
-I'm pretty sure this episode is going to teach people more than they ever wanted to know about subway trains, all because of Dento.
-OH GOD A BEEPING ERROR MESSAGE THEY'RE ALL GOING TO DIE.
-Or the train might just come to a stop. And why? Because they were about to hit another train!
-Dento wonders how that happened, but Iris and Ash have a more pressing concern...a pair of lights is heading towards them! (Thankfully, not at train speed) It's...the Subway Masters! And Dento knows their names!
-The train gets running again and they all get to the station. Afterwards, Dento talks to the Subway Masters...who seem to recognize him as the Metro Sommelier Dento! Wait, does this mean his various Sommelier things are actual things and not just him liking something so much he decides to stick a "Sommelier" after it?
-...and did Dento just mention a subway convention? Oh god, he did. How many people can care that much about trains?!
-All three of the subway geeks chat about the ghost train, and Dento...gets fired up with rage! So much so that Meowth drags him away!
-And they finally get to the Pokemon Center, which...well, it's a nice, big Pokemon Center for a nice, big city.
-All their Pokemon(and Meowth!) get carted off to be looked after, and now it's lunch time!
-Meanwhile, Meowth hops off the cart to use the phone...I think we can all tell where this is headed.
-Yup, he's calling Seger.
-Back with the twerps...Ash suddenly decides to call Oak. (offscreen, without any viewers seeing or hearing, Delia sobs as her son only ever remembers to call Oak and never his own mother)
-Apparently the Pokemon Center is so high-security that it scans the pawprints & bodies of the Audino to open the doors!
-Ash calls up Oak, and all's well and...the call cuts off?
-Meanwhile, the Driftveil Drawbridge's controls go haywire, causing the bridge to raise! I...hope nobody was crossing the bit that actually raises up it when that happened.
-And in the pokeball storage area of the Center...Meowth is stealing EVERYTHING. Including Pikachu and Axew!
-The twerps find out about the drawbridge from Nurse Joy, and Dento starts putting the pieces together. He...realizes they should check on the Pokemon!
-And just as he does that, Meowth finishes up his heist and makes his escape.
-Dento doesn't take long to find the vent everything got taken through. Naturally, the twerps give chase!
-And Meowth reunites with Jessie and James. Welp, we're definitely gonna hear a LOT of bickering about that for a while...
-The Subway Twins are back at their control center, but everything is going nuts! Graphs and rapidly scrolling text are popping up everywhere!
-The twerps reach the end of the vent, and make a...very...graceful...landing.
-Blah blah blah Meowth reveals that he was tricking the twerps blah.
-Goddamn it's been a long time since we've had a motto.
-Jessie is polite enough to have Woobat fire Air Slash at the twerps(causing them to dodge off the rails) before the train starts moving again. Though the twerps getting ran over by a train would certainly be an interesting way to add drama...
-The twerps give chase, but Ash...trips. Oh, Ash. Too bad they don't have anyone around who's good at running around train tracks. That seems like a useful skill to master in a subway.
-...and the twerps go straight to the control room. I'd ask how they knew where it was, but I'm guessing that was all Dento's doing.
-The twins seem to have pinned down a D3 point as important. And they agree to bring along deadweight the twerps, since the twerps REALLY WANT TO HELP.
-They all find some sort of mini-subway car, and Dento is all too happy to hop on as the conductor(complete with hat!). And Ingo hands him a tiny map showing where to go.
-Catching up to TR was easy enough...now to get the Pokemon back. While nobody on board HAS any Pokemon. Why didn't either of the Subway Masters come with them, again?
-Okay, that was one HELL of a jump. And that train is...oddly...squishy...
-And then it blows up and expels purple gas. Oops.
-...ahahaha, did they seriously blow up the fake train that was supposed to stop TR's train? GOOD GOING, ASH.
-TR's train passes through D3, and...then the subway tracking system shows them splitting into several trains?!

Pretty fun episode, although it was pretty much pure set-up for the second half of this two-parter.