• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crisis in Alola! The Darkness that Eats Radiance!! (1030)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Didn't feel like anything else major or interesting happened except that.

Well if you consider the part were while training, Ash and Kiawe used Z-Moves which turned out pretty weak and pathetic, as major or interesting, then that's one i guess.
Considering Z-moves in-game are entirely dependent on Necrozma's power, I'd call that foreshadowing.

p96822

Evolve me please
So I'm thinking that Necrozma wasn't fused with Solgaleo and Lunala to get his ultra form

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I thought the vibe of the episode was depressing, seeing the adults tired and sleepy, but Lusamine made me smile with her messed up hair.

Solgaleo was all "Don't touch my waifu!" at Necrozma in order to use itself as a shield and give Lunala time to escape. Too bad, we don't see it outside of the ultra space in this episode.

It would be cool if all the Ultra guardians can use their Z-moves instead of half of them. I know so far Ash, Kiawe & Lana can do them, but the writers should push Lillie, Mallow and Sophocles more so that the whole team can use their whole potential when dealing with tense situations like this.

Good foreshadowing episode, that's all I can say.

D

Deleted member 384931

I saw the episode with subtitles. It seems that every 21 years a festival is held by an eclipse. Necrozma gave the light to Alola and when it was exhausted it fell in a hole (just like in victory road) and Lunala and Solgaleo gave it light so it could return to its wormhole. Silvally is frightend by Necrozma

xEryChan

Demon Child
So, as I thought, this episode was a setup episode to well, set up for the next episode but I have to say, I really did enjoy it. It was a little slow in the beginning but it picked up fast and got really interesting, especially right at the end.

We all knew the adults were going to be feeling down this episode, I was glad to see they included Jessie and James among the adults. I have a love/hate relationship, sometimes I love them and othertimes I hate them. This episode definitely falls into the latter category. They didn’t annoy me this episode, probably because Jessie and James didn’t have the energy to come up any sort of scheme.

I was not expecting for the weather to be effecting Ash and Kiawe’s Z moves but I do like that they went there. I also liked the use of the Z moves to break through the fog covering Alola.

Poipole drawing Necrozma was interesting. We all know that Poipole came with some heavy baggage upon meeting Ash and his classmates, which we found out from the episode with Mina, and it has something to do with Necrozma and I can’t wait to figure out what.

Yes, the real highlight of the episode, Gladion came back. Silvally was obviously upset about something and now we know for sure, it is Necrozma that was agitating it. So he joins the Ultra Guardians to figure out why and meets up with Ash, Lillie, and everyone else at the Altar of the Sunne when an ultra wormhole opened and out comes Lunala followed by Necrozma.

Before I forget, Matori don’t know her English name, sorry and Gozu are on their way to Alola on Giovanni’s order and they are after Necrozma. This is going to make everything next week interesting, especially since we saw in the preview that they tried to catch Necrozma after it fused with Lunala. Now I am even more hyped for the next episode.

Such a great episode. What a way to set up for the next episode and the rest of the Necrozma arc. Solid episode, very well done.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
So was it explained at all why the adults were all exhausted? Because somehow I got a feeling that the answer will just raise more questions than answers

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So was it explained at all why the adults were all exhausted? Because somehow I got a feeling that the answer will just raise more questions than answers
I don’t think it was at all. They might still be exhausted for the time to come so explaining it too early might remove some of the tension.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
The wormhole drained their energy.
and now I am wondering why only the adults were exhausted, you would think a lot more people of all ages as well as Pokemon would be affected as well

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
and now I am wondering why only the adults were exhausted, you would think a lot more people of all ages as well as Pokemon would be affected as well

Older people have more energy?

They're taller and thus get drained first?

Necrozma really hates adults for some reason?

It's nothing more than a convenient excuse to only focus on the kids and it's probably not something we're meant to think about all that much?

Buy one cop-out excuse, get one free.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Older people have more energy?

They're taller and thus get drained first?

Necrozma really hates adults for some reason?

It's nothing more than a convenient excuse to only focus on the kids and it's probably not something we're meant to think about all that much?

Buy one cop-out excuse, get one free.
Yeah that sounds right, I really need to stop questioning this shows "logic"

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I do think it should be noted that the show itself pointed out that they don't know why only the adults are affected though. Common storytelling logic then indicates that we'll get some sort of explanation at some point, otherwise, why specfically call attention to it being a mystery to everyone?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
One thing that slightly put me off here that Gladion still hasn't gotten any significant upgrades in his team? If that Noivern is his own Pokemon and not a Ride Pokemon, then that's fine, but....still Continental Crush as his go to Z-move, really? I would have expected him to get either Splintered Stormshards or some other Z-move by now.

I don't think it really means much, Ash also still used Gigavolt Havoc despite having newer Z-Moves in his arsenal.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I don't think it really means much, Ash also still used Gigavolt Havoc despite having newer Z-Moves in his arsenal.
Well, if Gladion showcases one of his newer Z-moves later on, then I'm fine with it, but the indication doesn't quite seem to be that way.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Before I forget, Matori don’t know her English name, sorry

Well TBH Matori's English name still hasn't been quite revealed so far in the dub, not even back in BW.

But the English captions in the episode The Sun, the Scare, the Secret Lair(a.k.a. SM12) refer to her as Matori, indicating that her name in the English dub could be Matori as well.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Well, if Gladion showcases one of his newer Z-moves later on, then I'm fine with it, but the indication doesn't quite seem to be that way.

Well, I'm just looking at it like this. If Gladion does already have new Z-Moves, it'd probably be cooler to introduce them in a situation where they can actually look cool and impressive, not at the moment where all Z-Moves are powered down due to lower Ultra Auras in Alola and where it has to compete with three other Z-Moves being used at the same time.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Gorgeous visuals by the way underneath the Altar of the Sunne. Ultra Necrozma not only on the wall, but also on the ground. Sun and Moon patterns low on the wall, the sun pattern on the side where Solgaleo is shown on the wall and the moon pattern on Lunala's side. The picture on the wall of people revering Ultra Necrozma also looks gorgeous, great attention to detail. Regular pokémon are also among those people. I can see midday Lycanroc, Trumbeak, Ribombee, Cutiefly, Grubbin, Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Marowak, and Crabrawler.

Another thing I noticed to the right of Marowak, looks like a bit of damage on the picture, possibly due to age. It's amazing that they put in this amount of detail in their visuals here.

I'm not quite sure what the little things are they seem to be sending up. There's one to the left of Cutiefly, two more next to the symbol Poipole drew on the beach, which is beneath Ultra Necrozma, and one above Alolan Marowak. But one thing that I do notice about this thingy is that the bottom half of it is exactly the same symbol that Poipole drew a few episodes ago where it meant something like 'like' or 'love'. It could be that it's symbolic in the picture the ancient people drew to show their devotion to Ultra Necrozma. There is no way that the similarity between the two symbols is a coincidence.

And what is that rock in between the sun and moon patterns? It looks a lot like the type of rocks found in Nihilego's ultra space, as well as the type of rocks that Necrozma was buried in at the start of the episode.

This arc is starting out to be amazing. There's enough information here to really start speculating and intrigue viewers, yet not enough to spoil things or make things predictable. This episode managed to really hype me up for this arc.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
But one thing that I do notice about this thingy is that the bottom half of it is exactly the same symbol that Poipole drew a few episodes ago where it meant something like 'like' or 'love'. It could be that it's symbolic in the picture the ancient people drew to show their devotion to Ultra Necrozma. There is no way that the similarity between the two symbols is a coincidence.

Z-Power, presumably. Like how Solgaleo and Lunala shared their light with it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Lunala being chased by Necrozma toward the end was the main thing that appealed to me in this episode. The banter involving Sauboh was amusing too however, and it's a shame that Gladio's team hasn't changed as much as I had expected at this point in SM.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Z-Power, presumably. Like how Solgaleo and Lunala shared their light with it.
Coincidentally that symbol can be found on Necrozma’s back. Maybe it doesn’t just symbolise Z-Power but it’s also a symbol for Necrozma.