• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Critique my Sandstorm Team

Mestorn

Wandering Battler
Hello everybody, could you please look at this sandstorm based team I made? I know weather has fallen out of favor due to the nerf to weather abilities, but with the availability of pokemon with Sand Stream, I believe a sandstorm based team is quite viable.

Hippowodon
Ability: Sand Stream
Item: Smooth Rock
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Whirlwind
Slack Off
Nature: Adamant (+ATK, -SATK)
252 HP/252 DEF/4 ATK

Tyranitar
Ability: Sand Stream
Item: Tyranitarite
Dragon Dance
Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Earthquake
Crunch
Nature: Jolly (+SPD, -SATK)
252 ATK/252 SPD/4 HP

Ferrothorn
Ability: Iron Barbs
Item: Rocky Helmet
Stealth Rock
Thunderwave
Power Whip
Leech Seed
Nature: Relaxed (+DEF, -SPD)
252 HP/48 DEF/208 SDEF

Garchomp
Ability: Sand Veil
Item: Lum Berry
Swords Dance
Dragon Claw
Poison Jab/Stone Edge
Earthquake
Nature: Jolly (+SPD, -SATK)
252 ATK/252 SPD/4 HP

Excadrill
Ability: Sand Rush
Item:Shell Bell/Air Balloon
Swords Dance
Rock Slide
Rapid Spin
Earthquake
Nature: Adamant (+ATK, -SATK)
252 ATK/252 SPD/4HP

Reuniclus
Ability: Magic Guard
Item: Leftovers
Recover
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Nature: Modest (+SATK, -ATK)
252 HP/252 SATK/4 DEF

Questions, Comments and Concerns would be greatly appreciated. Chupacabras, not so much.

Last edited:

Nulava

Banned
Hippowdon
Item: Leftovers.

Excadrill
Item: Life Orb / Air Balloon.

Your team is great to be quite honest. I would just advise you to take some risk, like opting for Stone Edge over Rock Slide.

chap196

For Garchomp
I would prefer Stone Edge over Poison Jab as a STAB Earthquake is nearly as strong as a super effective Poison Jab and Stone Edge does a lot more damage to Togekiss than Poison Jab.

Hope this help

coolerdynastic

You might be better off running Mega Garchomp over Mega Tyranitar. You should try it out

Mega Tyranitar is somewhat bulkier than Mega Garchomp thanks to Sandstorm and thus he can set up a Dragon Dance easily, or maybe 2.
I have personally tried using a Mega Tyranitar with Dragon Dance and I must say he is really my ace in the team, practically sweep off at least 3 of my opponent's pokemon when they were careless to let him set up a Dragon Dance, something that they shouldnt let their guard down

Mestorn

Wandering Battler
Merci Beaucoup (Thanks a lot) everybody! Taking in everyone's suggestions I would probably throw Stone Edge on Tyranitar and Garchomp (btw I was worried about Azumarill, hence Poison Jab). Air Balloon on Excadrill... I don't think I'll use leftovers on Hippowodon, because my team gets more bang for its buck with extra Sand Storm... Otherwise I would throw the Life Orb on Reuniclus to give the Leftovers to Hippowodon.

kryptonite krunch

The Poisonous Ninja
Shell Bell is outclassed by Leftovers so definitely swap that out. If you opt for Mega Garchomp, you could throw an Assault Vest on T-Tar. AV Tar with Dragon Dance is a great bulky sweeper.

Gampi

ガンピ
Shell Bell is outclassed by Leftovers so definitely swap that out. If you opt for Mega Garchomp, you could throw an Assault Vest on T-Tar. AV Tar with Dragon Dance is a great bulky sweeper.

Assault Vest prevents you from using Dragon Dance, or any status moves for that matter.

If you're going to run AV T-Tar you have no choice but to go full offense.

Last edited: